Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
For those who Dislike Resident Evil 4 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you hate resident evil 4
  Yes
  No
View Results

Bacillus Anthracis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:58 am
Yeah, that bugged me. It was obvious that everything was from either the Las Plagas or a mutation of the Las Plagas. But it didn't really explain how they got an El Gigante or Iron Maiden. They inserted spikes into a tall Ganado and just let it go? Doesn't sound right to me.

I must defend Leon from all the bashes though. I'm too late to add on the discussion from the RE:5 thread. But if Leon hadn't been the one in RE:4, no one would have hated him as much. I thought he was the best character as the rookie cop of the city who happened to make it out alive through the help of Ada and Claire. He turned into a special agent with kicking skills to kick a**. Wasn't the greatest choice. They explained though that Leon wasn't supposed to get involved in this. He was practically declared a hero and was sent away from any indication of zombies so he didn't have to go through it again.

I think RE:4 would have attracted more attention from RE fans if it was labeled differently. Not out of the series. But something like Resident Evil: Las Plagas. It seemed odd that this was part of main line up where a game like Code Veronica was pushed to the side as not of the main series.I think that really would have made a big difference. RE:Las Plagas would have just seemed like a fun Resident Evil style game to show off what new things they had in mind for the series.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:02 am
Double posting here, but look at the poll! The odds say that more people like that dislike. Yet all we have in this thread are dislikers. Granted the title is for discussion about why it's bad. But how can you have a debate when there's only one side? I'm partial. I think that it was a good game and all but I understand both sides. So don't hate me for supporting the like side. I'm just being the Devil's Advocate.  

Bacillus Anthracis

Vixtro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:16 am
Eternal_Dume
Yeah, that bugged me. It was obvious that everything was from either the Las Plagas or a mutation of the Las Plagas. But it didn't really explain how they got an El Gigante or Iron Maiden. They inserted spikes into a tall Ganado and just let it go? Doesn't sound right to me.

I must defend Leon from all the bashes though. I'm too late to add on the discussion from the RE:5 thread. But if Leon hadn't been the one in RE:4, no one would have hated him as much. I thought he was the best character as the rookie cop of the city who happened to make it out alive through the help of Ada and Claire. He turned into a special agent with kicking skills to kick a**. Wasn't the greatest choice. They explained though that Leon wasn't supposed to get involved in this. He was practically declared a hero and was sent away from any indication of zombies so he didn't have to go through it again.

I think RE:4 would have attracted more attention from RE fans if it was labeled differently. Not out of the series. But something like Resident Evil: Las Plagas. It seemed odd that this was part of main line up where a game like Code Veronica was pushed to the side as not of the main series.I think that really would have made a big difference. RE:Las Plagas would have just seemed like a fun Resident Evil style game to show off what new things they had in mind for the series.

Yeah I agree there, Code Veronica should have been RE4 cause it was true to the series and had a great continuing story to boot if not a little strange...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:21 pm
Eternal_Dume
Double posting here, but look at the poll! The odds say that more people like that dislike. Yet all we have in this thread are dislikers. Granted the title is for discussion about why it's bad. But how can you have a debate when there's only one side? I'm partial. I think that it was a good game and all but I understand both sides. So don't hate me for supporting the like side. I'm just being the Devil's Advocate.
Because it's worded wrong. It says "hate" I don't "hate" the game. I just "hate" the players, so to speak.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Bacillus Anthracis

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:17 pm
I doubt that would have changed the results that much... But I won't argue with you. It's a pointless discussion.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:43 am
RE 4 didn't seem like the other Resident Evil games. It seemed so off and random really more of just a follow up on Leon's character and what he was doing, from what I've seen RE 5 seems to be the same idea but for Chris although it connects to the real RE storyline better than RE 4 did so I have respect for that. Besides that I liked the game angle but the older ones are just as good, still overall I wasn't to happy with it. The main idea seemed quite out of place.  

Sukairra Sama

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:23 pm
Eternal_Dume
I doubt that would have changed the results that much... But I won't argue with you. It's a pointless discussion.
Well, I voted no. I didn't hate the game... But if it says, "Did you dislike it?" I know I would have voted yes.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:50 pm
I think the REAL difference of RE4 compared to the others is that it had more 'Thrills' than 'chills' like the RE games are better known for. The fact that you faced things that weren't zombies but were still human in a way, was a lot different than what they were accustomed too. Plus, the over the shoulder targeting made for a form of RE that was both new and a bit odd to the fanbase. If you ask me, I think RE4 was more like RE4 Gun survivor in a new perspective and different storyline. Also, when we played RE on any other realease, we were always relieved to see another living human, but in RE4 we constantly came in contact with humans (whether they were the merchant or ganados or salazar or saddler or maybe even hunnigan or Ashley.) Anyway, I'm just trying to justify why people MIGHT not like this game, I of course just LOVE it. Oh yeah, one more reason is because people don't learn anymore about Umbrella than what they already knew, and that could be a problem al it's own.  

Celestial Fox Frenzi

Zettran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:06 pm
I liked it cause it was fun, disliked it cause there was two much action, not enough puzzles!!!!!

RE4 had very little in the brain department but alot in the gunshotkill department. But...i think this game does tie into the story line for a reason that many have yet to discover and I have discovered only recently through a hypothetical sense. lolz, but then again its a game and thinking to hard on a game can be unhealthy...oh well...just a sign i play resident evil to much.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:09 pm
Celestial Fox Frenzi
I think the REAL difference of RE4 compared to the others is that it had more 'Thrills' than 'chills' like the RE games are better known for. The fact that you faced things that weren't zombies but were still human in a way, was a lot different than what they were accustomed too. Plus, the over the shoulder targeting made for a form of RE that was both new and a bit odd to the fanbase. If you ask me, I think RE4 was more like RE4 Gun survivor in a new perspective and different storyline. Also, when we played RE on any other realease, we were always relieved to see another living human, but in RE4 we constantly came in contact with humans (whether they were the merchant or ganados or salazar or saddler or maybe even hunnigan or Ashley.) Anyway, I'm just trying to justify why people MIGHT not like this game, I of course just LOVE it. Oh yeah, one more reason is because people don't learn anymore about Umbrella than what they already knew, and that could be a problem al it's own.

Forgive me for double posting but...didnt Jackie boy mention umbrella's name? I thought it was a foreshadowing clue, ya know like maybe the game might last for long time...least i hope it does.  

Zettran

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:15 pm
RRB_Brick
I liked it cause it was fun, disliked it cause there was two much action, not enough puzzles!!!!!

RE4 had very little in the brain department but alot in the gunshotkill department. But...i think this game does tie into the story line for a reason that many have yet to discover and I have discovered only recently through a hypothetical sense. lolz, but then again its a game and thinking to hard on a game can be unhealthy...oh well...just a sign i play resident evil to much.
Gameplay was great... It's the storyline and most of the new characters that sucked.

Even as is, I think the game would have been a LOT better if the main Scenario involved Ada, and the bonus involved Leon.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:13 pm
I Agree that this doesnt fit RE's survival goodness, but if you like horror shooter's, RE4 definitely hits the spot. Yea, the story and characters are somewhat screwed up, but RE 4 just isnt trying to shine in those spots.

What I'm trying to say is, Re4 isn't the best survival game out there, but watever it does right it does great.

O Yea, STOP BITCHING ABOUT THE REALISM!

This is Resident Evil! Zombies! Hunters! THE FREAKIN' TYRANT! Are you ever going to see those in real life? No! The monsters in RE4 are, in contrast to other monsters, just as realistic! I know, I've BEATEN THIS GAME 3 TIMES.  

Cpt GorrillaCakes

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:17 pm
No, the monsters in RE4 aren't half as realistic as in the other RE games. I know, I've beaten this game over 10 times.

As for the storyline, if they're not trying to shine in that spot, then that's fine, but fact is, RE's storyline is what made half its fans fall in love with it. If they create some cheap storyline now, it's like an insult to all the fans.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:27 pm
Cleon S Kennedy
I Agree that this doesnt fit RE's survival goodness, but if you like horror shooter's, RE4 definitely hits the spot. Yea, the story and characters are somewhat screwed up, but RE 4 just isnt trying to shine in those spots.

What I'm trying to say is, Re4 isn't the best survival game out there, but watever it does right it does great.

O Yea, STOP BITCHING ABOUT THE REALISM!

This is Resident Evil! Zombies! Hunters! THE FREAKIN' TYRANT! Are you ever going to see those in real life? No! The monsters in RE4 are, in contrast to other monsters, just as realistic! I know, I've BEATEN THIS GAME 3 TIMES.

For the record, Some of those things can happen. Do not doubt man, for you shall be put to shame. In man's quest for immortality we will stumble along a way to bring the dead back to life. Thus, zombies will be born.
By the way, these monsters in RE4 are no where near realistic. Let's see, a 6'2" man can turn into a 10 foot tall, 20 feet long monster? A midget possibly 4'6" and a creature that's about 6 foot can turn into a giant creature on a wall? I fail to see how that is more realistic than a 7 foot monster with a giant claw and a normal hand. The only realistic enemies in RE4 were the ganados. And even that is to some extent.  

Elliot Salem

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:29 pm
The Ganados were realistic BEFORE the las plagas came out of their head and occupied nearly as much space as the entire body of the host.
The only other creature that MIGHT have been semi-realistic are the colmillos and those are easy to beat and pretty lame in design aside from their mouths.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games