Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Resident Evil Theories Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:34 pm
No, I'm not. Why would I want to play something that I don't think is appealing?
Now, I would really like to discover a new horror franchise. Which I'm still searching for. But Resident Evil isn't gonna be it. Especially considering that I want a HORROR franchise, not an action franchise.

If I want to shoot a bunch of Spanish hostiles, I'll gladly pop in my Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, and play that.

But playing RE5 absolutely does not interest me. I mean, yet again, they're trying to destroy the mystery. Apparently RE5 will involve finding out about the origins of the Progenitor virus.
Some people might say, "Oh, well, it's going back to the origins of Resident Evil. Back to the classics."
I say, "Oh, they're trying to kill the mystery of the Progenitor virus."
I mean, certain things are so much more appealing when you don't know a lot about them. Wesker was one of those things. Spencer is one of those things. They kinda laid it out for us with T-Virus. And now, they're trying to explain where the Progenitor virus came from, and I don't want that.

I'm dead serious about this. I'm done with Resident Evil. As far as I'm concerned, Capcom ended the franchise with RE0.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:38 pm
you know what your totally right

as much as i hate to admit it, im gonna say it
Resident evil is done.

but is there ever gonna be anything equivelent to what RE dished out?

one thing i really wanna do is look ahead for something that will be as good as RE

i dont wanna play the past forever ya know?  

Resident_Kyo

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:54 pm
Well, the golden age of video games is over. We're never gonna get classics like the ones we witnessed toward the end of the 20th century.

REmake was like a gift from heaven. But even then, when RE0 was released, even though it has the same gameplay mechanics as the classics, and the storyline involved Umbrella, zombies, and all that stuff I love about Resident Evil, but it still lacked that charm that made me love RE2 when I first played it.

And unfortunately, I don't think anything will ever bring back that charm.

Right now, my favorite horror franchise is Silent Hill. But the future installments of that will never be as good as Silent Hill 2.

Resident Evil is one of the worst cases, but video games in general are sliding for a decline.

Higher production times, larger development staffs and better graphics can't bring that charm that made people love Zelda: Ocarina of Time so much.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:17 pm
maybe capcom should make a whole new game. same survival horror stuff we all loved.

a new franchise with new graphics i think would really set it off  

Resident_Kyo

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:21 pm
Well, I doubt they'll make something with pre-rendered camera angles and tank controls, as much as I loved them.
But hey, if RE4 had been a whole new franchise, I probably wouldn't be so bitter toward it.
But as long as Capcom is making RE games as they are, I don't even want to support the company.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:18 pm
so are you saying that if RE4 was the same game but with oldschool gameplay youd like it more?  

Resident_Kyo

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:22 pm
I wouldn't like it more, I'd just hate it less. If that makes sense.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:14 am
I understand what you're saying, Bio. Although, if the story was based around Umbrella and the things I loved about RE, I think I'd overlook the over the shoulder.  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:20 am
I could let go over the shoulder. It's the backflips and jumping out 3rd story windows that I hated.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:33 am
lol, some of that was how you say...inhuman?...mustve been the plagas lol  

Resident_Kyo

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:36 am
Especially BEFORE Leon got injected, right?

Maybe Gaiden was canon afterall? Maybe Leon is actually a B.O.W. in disguise! eek  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:06 pm
it said that he was injected with it or something like that in the end didnt it?  

Resident_Kyo

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:42 pm
I wouldn't be surprised at this point.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:38 pm
Resident_Kyo
it said that he was injected with it or something like that in the end didnt it?

No, I was kidding. Gaiden isn't Canon. At the end it basically hinted that the shape-shifting B.O.W. transformed into Leon, and the real Leon died on that ship. But they hinted it by showing that Leon had green blood, and as we can see in RE4, his blood is red.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Resident_Kyo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:13 pm
oh i see. ive never played gaiden either sadly... I was sooo close to buying it the other day at EB games or gamestop or somewhere like that.. but never bought it...  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff