Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
I Just Like Music! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arios V

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:34 pm
Dathu
Arios V
I have a very eclectic taste in music. I like a lot of things. I like Punk, Punk Metal, Metal, Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, Alt. Rock/Alt. Metal, Power/Speed Metal, A bit of Ska, bit of Thrash/Death metal, and Southern Rock.

Some of my favorite bands in no particular order:

Authority Zero
Nonpoint
Lamb Of God
Dragonforce
Stratovarius
Strung Out
Green Day
Bullets & Octane
Three Days Grace
Avenged Sevenfold
Fuel
Bad Religion
Disturbed
The Offspring
The Sword
The Suicide Machines
Story Of The Year
Drist
Rise Against
Depswa
Crossfade
Less Than Jake
Carbon Leaf
The Absence
Deadsy

You know, it's weird, cause I actually met and hung with Rise Against abdout six years ago when they would play at the Fireside Bowling alley in the south side of Chicago. A friend of mine, Tori, used to know them really well, and she'd even go on tour with them. I do listen to some HC, but I never got too into RA, cause I liked their other band "The Killing Tree" I still listen to "The Romance of Helen Trent" album. But then, Tori lost interest, and I just waited for more TKT albums, when on a whim a few years ago, I looked at their website and saw they BLEW UP! They even had avideo on MTV. I'm not so sure how big they are now, but I never thought I'd ever meet one of those bands that makes it big, ya know? Too bad though. I mean, Rise Against is good music, but I still like The Killing Tree better. I hope they keep making TKT albums. Like how Tool is also A Perfect Circle.

Cool. It's always fun to know this small time band that you hang out with all the time and then you go off for a little while and temporarily forget them, then you come back later and find they're huge, well known and doing very well.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:07 pm
I'm really diggin' "Mad World" by Gary Jules. You might remember it from the comercial for Gears of War, but I think it was originally from Donnie Darko, or at least, that's what someone told me.  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:19 pm
I dunno if you guys already knew this, but I found a website that lest you put a play-list of your own songs in your profile, which is pretty sweet in my book. Basically you just need t got to fileden.com and upload, and myflashfetish.com and pick your player. It;s worth checking out if you like sharing music.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:34 am
Okay, there are three songs right now that rox muh cox!

~~~~~Matt Weddle - Hey Ya (Accoustic)

~~~~~QuietDrive - Time After Time (Cover)

~~~~~The Used - The Bird And The Worm

Ya'll should deff check dees out.  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 1:32 pm
Linkin Park FOREVER!!!!! heart

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:19 pm
=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=
Linkin Park FOREVER!!!!! heart

srsly?  

Theophrastus

Xiporah

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:18 am
I like several different forms of metal, classic rock, world music, celtic music. I also adore original scores for motion pictures. I have a t least three soundtracks in that catagory by Hans Zimmer.

If I listen to the radio, it's tuned to a classic rock station since I can't stomach 99% of the 'rock' they have on the radio today. I don't know a lot of bands that are extremely popular today, which confuses people.

I dislike scremo, emo rock, (or whatever it's called) country, R&B and gospel.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:18 pm
Okay, heres my obligatory post in the music thread. Because I loves my music.

I loves mah classic rock, hard rock, metal... in particular heavy metal, progressive, symphonic, and power metal. So big on metal.
And c'mon, look at my avatar. rofl I've taken to dressing in the glamrock stuff a lot even though I go more for casual stuff anyhoos.
I don't even wear band shirts anymore like I used to in high school. Guess I grew out of those but not of my love for metal and rock.

And yeah I don't feel like listing off bands but if you really want to know, they're in my profile.  

GlitteringGalaxy

Sparkly Nerd

7,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Orson Welles

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:35 am
Dathu
I'm really diggin' "Mad World" by Gary Jules. You might remember it from the comercial for Gears of War, but I think it was originally from Donnie Darko, or at least, that's what someone told me.

It was actually a Tears For Fears song originally. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:33 pm
There is one song that has been stuck in my head FOR DAYS now! I'm sure it's probably old, but it's definately new to me:

~~~~~- Jellyfish - Ignorance Is Bliss  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

ProjectOmicron88

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:24 pm
I don't have too many favorite bands. I'm getting big on rock lately, but I've always been a fan of music that makes me laugh or just generally makes me feel good. Weird Al Yankovic, Tenacious D, and They Might Be Giants are my big favorites, and my friend recently got me into Metallica...I had never heard any of thier songs before, and now I love their music.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:11 am
Lately I've been listening to tons of music that I hear from the show Scrubs. But I have also been downloading a lot of opener music from 80's cartoon shows such as Denver The Last Dinosaur, Dinosaucers, and David The Gnome. xd  

Kharybuce

Newbie Noob

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:23 pm
Don't forget Maya the Bee. XD  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:34 pm
Theophrastus
Don't forget Maya the Bee. XD

O-M-S!!! I didn't know what it was so I looked it up on youtube, and HOLY s**t I almost completely forgot about that show. That is some early watching for me. I'll give you 20 bonus points if you remember a show about Koala bears and an ancient eukaliptus tree.  

Kharybuce

Newbie Noob

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:45 pm
What, you mean this?

Next thing I know you'll be talking about Eureeka's Castle.

P.S. - I'm Batly.

P.P.S. - Eureeka's Castle was created by R.L. Stine. o_O  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas