Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Discrimination Against Chinese Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are Americans Nasty?
  All Americans are Nasty
  Most of Americans are Nasty
  Some Americans are Nasty
  None of Americans are Nasty
View Results

Beagle_Cat-Fish

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:20 am
blumage
Chibito7
I find, over here in England, that isn't much descrimination against Chinese and fellow Eastern Asian people. Of course, there's the odd racist remark, especially from particular idiots, when you are out on the streets. Some bullies at school may target you. But it's never been very serious, I don't think. It's inevitable that we are targetted for our appearance and race in a country where the race is predominantly white. Generally though, England is a multicultural society. I find I fit in well enough, though not as much as I would have hoped. I have this feeling of being pulled between both societies and cultures. I was born here in England, and have, for nearly all sixteen years of my life, been living here. I feel, on the whole, English - white - but at the same time, I feel Chinese due to heritage, culture and language. That's my main problem with living here in England; the problem does not lie in the people surrounding me, but in myself.

I am accepted completely into the community I live in right now. When I was younger, I went to a state school, and the education there was not very good. There were lots of... "uneducated" type of guys, who bullied you and stuff, but it was never excessive. I barely noticed it, in all honesty. I now go to a private school, and there's literally no discrimination there. On the streets, I do not get weird looks and stuff. People see me and think I'm part of the community (or I hope they do anyway). I'm treated as myself, and I couldn't imagine it being otherwise. I've never visited America, but I never realised the racism against the Chinese were so bad. I'm under the impression that most of America is made up of white people, then black. Maybe perhaps because there are not a lot of Chinese people there creates the racism against us...? There are a sizeable amount of Chinese people over here, and the Chinese culture is widely embraced. Chinese cuisine is popular, and China Town is a thriving place. Chinese schools are open every Sunday, and I go there to teach younger children. I think Canada is more welcoming of the Chinese because I've heard from my parents that there are a lot of Chinese people living there. It has become normal to have such a mixed community, like it is over here.

I'm not saying that there isn't any racism at all over here. There is, especially targetted at Western Asian and Indian people, and I don't think the terrorism stuff is helping at all. But we get on with our lives, and generally, it is very harmonious.

well i dont think american are racist towards chinese ive been there and was treated normaly, actually there where times where somebody tought that i was mexican

A lot of Americans can't tell if you're Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc. I wonder if it's just because I'm Asian I can tell the difference between them? Because I can't tell the differnet between Scottish and Slovokian and Danish or other countries.

I'm Chinese by the way.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:47 am
it's not just americans that cant tell,,
it's practically everyone and that gets on my nerves!!! ><
but that's not discrimination.. xD

[.Mihiko-chan.]

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:36 am
People here, Canada...they either joke around chinese using racist comments and stuff...I'd don't mind, cuz I use racist comments back at them, a diss battle^^, its fun and funny haha. Or second, most people dislike asians or especially fobs here is cuz their english, and the non-chinese are jealous of like 'look at them with their big house and fancy mercedes' cuz here, asians are rich. mrgreen Or lastly, everytime I go washroom...I go just to fix my hair...and non-asians look at me weird XD  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:19 pm
@Dancing.Melon You can file an apeal charging the police's discrimination.

@blumage if Chinese government censors news, how comes you know all about bad things about China? A lot of bad things you heard about China are just rumors anti-chinese people made up to cause hatred toward Chinese people.

In America, sometimes when I go to a shop like HomeDepot, I had to ask two or three times to get a worker's response. Some people seem to ingnore me on purpose.  

Etaf Evael

...[N].ight.[R].ain...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:16 am
*gasps* cry good thing that canadian ppl aren't like that  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:32 pm
Everytime I go to the mall, people look at me like I don't fit in. D: I don't deserve to shop at the cheap stores like Wal-Mart. I deserve to be just like them. D:  

~Angelina Elven~

Eden110

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:40 pm
Back when I first moved in this town, we were the only ethnic Chinese people in the entire populace. I remember people giving me looks when I walked into the local Pizza Hut as if I were naked. My classmates were shocked in the fact that I had a CD player and listened to music. Actually, one kid was surprised that there is even a pop music overseas. I had to educate him on the matter that genres of music are not confined to just the United States. neutral

Aside from the usual "ching chong" crap and stereotypes, I can't really complain. The problems I had really sprang from peoples' ignorance.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:59 am
Wow, I think that was pretty harsh for this. But I'm glad to hear that you got away from your step father.

I remember in 2003 most poeple stay away from me that I don't belong in Canada, so they end up making front of me, plus they think I have the disease called SARS(I think), it's not true anyway cuz I wasn't born in China, Hong Kong. rolleyes

Yet, some people at school keep saying "Ching Chang Chong!" to me and I was about beating them up, and I can't do that. Teacher will see me beating people up and how unacceptable my behavior was. -___-;

Yuffie__Kisaragi

[.Mihiko-chan.]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:01 am
Awww that is very mean!! >___<

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:42 pm
Not all of them. I hate to be racist, but African Americans tend to be ruder...Normally Americans are quite kind, and if they don't like you, they don't say anything unless you bother them first.

But we Chinese can be quite rude at times as well. ^^;; People don't know because they can't understand our langauge.

JhonnyRaincloud

Dapper Member

Yuffie__Kisaragi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:24 pm
[.Mihiko-chan.]
Awww that is very mean!! >___<

Indeed  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:19 pm
JhonnyRaincloud
Not all of them. I hate to be racist, but African Americans tend to be ruder...Normally Americans are quite kind, and if they don't like you, they don't say anything unless you bother them first.

But we Chinese can be quite rude at times as well. ^^;; People don't know because they can't understand our langauge.

yeah i know what you mean. my parents say all this rude stuff about fat people that come in. And I hate it when they tell me. I mean if your rude be rude amongst yourself, don't pull me into it.

anyways, do people here not like americans? I know there are some stupid people out there but they are few and far inbetween. I've only met a small handful of idiots and that was only once. Most of the Americans I've met has always been nice to me, whether I'm at work or shopping. And black people are nice to me too. In fact in the past four years since I've started communicating to people, everyone's been really nice to me. (before they didn't really say anything to me. )  

mymiridon

Etaf Evael

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:32 pm
mymiridon
JhonnyRaincloud

yeah i know what you mean. my parents say all this rude stuff about fat people that come in. And I hate it when they tell me. I mean if your rude be rude amongst yourself, don't pull me into it.

anyways, do people here not like americans? I know there are some stupid people out there but they are few and far inbetween. I've only met a small handful of idiots and that was only once. Most of the Americans I've met has always been nice to me, whether I'm at work or shopping. And black people are nice to me too. In fact in the past four years since I've started communicating to people, everyone's been really nice to me. (before they didn't really say anything to me. )

You haven't communicated to people berfore these past 4 years? Or is it you are learning English?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:03 pm
xu650863441
mymiridon
JhonnyRaincloud

You haven't communicated to people berfore these past 4 years? Or is it you are learning English?

lol No, I mean I talked to people but only if it's unavoidable. I didn't like starting conversations... or continuing them. but then in high school I met a person i actually liked and started to talk to her and somehow i ended up meeting more people and now I attempt to start conversations cool  

mymiridon

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces