Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil 5 Discussion:: The Infection Spreads Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:56 am
Canas Renvall
Thee Stranger
And it is a lot of the original team from the original RE working on it, so I think they deserve at least some trust at the helm. I mean, storyline-wise, at least RE5 is trying to bring it back on track.

Last time I checked, Resident Evil 4 was made by Capcom Production Studio 4, same as the original RE. So if they're making RE5, then I have even less faith (I didn't have any to begin with, to be honest).

Yeah, but who's at the helm? Not Mikami this time. And many people on the team have expressed their distaste for the direction Mikami took the storyline. And I'm sure we can all agree on that.

Biohazard EXTREME
Well, it's like saying, "Yes, majority of that person's flesh HAS been horribly burned in the fire, but we're TRYING to make him look as human as possible."
Doesn't mean they can succeed, after the damage has been done.

Well, doesn't mean they can't either. Hey, we got plastic surgery and skin grafts now.

And just because the T-Virus was man-made, it was still derived from something that was there all along (Progenitor Virus). Virus's change and mutate naturally all the time in the real world, or when met with certain conditions over long periods of time. I realize that this is a far cry from the Plagas, but within RE's universe, it's not too far fetched, considering that something as dangerous as Progenitor has always been there all along. And really, the origins of the Plagas haven't been explained at all. I know they were "fossilized" in the castle, pointing to the fact that they had been around since, I don't know, prehistoric ages or something. But perhaps something else caused them to fossilize. It's not like Capcom doesn't change s**t around all the time. They could do it. Maybe someone did create it. Well... I don't know about that. I guess that would be kind of far fetched - some scientist in the 1700s engineering something like that, because for all intents and purposes, the Plagas would be a much more effective bioweapon than zombies. Plagas can organize, and they can be controlled. And since Umbrella had a lot more technology behind them, it'd make them all look like total deadbeats if something more sophisticated was made centuries earlier.

So maybe it was created by mankind inadvertently. Kind of like MRSA, which is a mutated, highly-resistant form of Staph Infection that built a resistance to antibiotics. Basically, it mutated over time in response to the constant antibiotics, and became stronger and more resistant. Maybe the Plagas was a form of the Progenitor Virus that was met with certain unique conditions, advertently or inadvertently, over a long period of time, which caused it to mutate - Making the Las Plagas a mutated form of the Progenitor Virus. Or maybe the Progenitor came into contact with some kind of micro-organism that caused it to mutate and evolve over a long period of time into the Plagas.

Of course, this all speculation, but if they explain it like that, I'd consider that to be pretty sensible damage control, and I'd be perfectly content with it. Well, not perfectly content, but as content as I can get, considering.

But I realize that you guys are purists, and have given up on it. I haven't yet. So you guys can sit this round out, and I'll tell you if you were right or not. Before you jump down my throat on that, I know your minds are made up that anything in the aftermath of RE4 is going to suck. So if I think it totally sucks, then I'll tell you that I should have listened to you. But I find the cautiously optimistic approach to be much more satisfying.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:04 am
Canas Renvall
zeldagirl684
it's off topic, i'll just mention his atrocious decision to invest more in shovelware games for the "general public." basically giving the finger to hardcore gamers

Oh boy... Here goes *deep breath*:
Super Mario Galaxy
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Fatal Frame IV
Deadly Creatures
No More Heroes
MadWorld
Spyborgs
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles (only if you're going to have someone to play with. And absolutely do not accept anything in it as canon)
Dead Rising: Chop 'Til You Drop (unless you have the 360 version)
Wii Music (HAHA just kidding)
Megaman 9
Gyrostarr
The Conduit

Shall I continue?

You should blame Nintendo's execs for letting so many crappy games get made for it, instead of Miyamoto. He's just a game designer and all of his games are considered good (except for Wii Music which I personally thought was boring).

At first, I was happy Dead Rising was getting ported, but when I found out they're taking out a number of features (like photography), I was very disappointed. They need to port it to the PS3 instead so they can keep everything.

And I'll hugely agree with Canas about Umbrella Chronicles. Multi is the only way to play. biggrin  

MadamTarantula

FemBot684

4,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:09 am
@ Canas Renvall: you have to take out all the ones that were made or announced before E3 lol and i agree with angela, dead rising for the wii doesn't seem to be counting anymore. and i do recognize the upcoming games that are centered toward real gamers, it's just kinda scary that we have to get EXCITED about these titles now instead of always EXPECTING them

@ Thee Stranger: I'm with you on that! i will retain an optimistic view on any and all upcoming RE games until they find a way to completely shatter my expectations (which would be difficult cuz i am disposed to much optimism) ~crosses fingers~ >v<

Edit: ~awaits Bio's hack & slash at hope for all humanity~ -_-  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:06 pm
Thee Stranger
Yeah, but who's at the helm? Not Mikami this time. And many people on the team have expressed their distaste for the direction Mikami took the storyline. And I'm sure we can all agree on that.

Mikami wanted RE to originally have cyborgs and ghosts in it, but it was Capcom that stopped him. Capcom made RE what it was, not Mikami. Capcom made RE4 what is was after rejecting the paranormal ideas.

Capcom is what's making RE5. My statement stands.  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:42 pm
Canas Renvall
Thee Stranger

Mikami wanted RE to originally have cyborgs and ghosts in it, but it was Capcom that stopped him. Capcom made RE what it was, not Mikami. Capcom made RE4 what is was after rejecting the paranormal ideas.

Moral of the story: Capcom can't make up their minds.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:42 pm
Canas Renvall
Thee Stranger

Well, if that's the case... Capcom made the best possible decision in regards to RE4. Mikami's the one that came up with all the stupid stuff.  

Thee Stranger

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:50 pm
Yeah, but that's all relative. None of the iterations were gonna end up like RE anyway. D:

Hell, think about it: one of the versions turned into Devil May Cry of all things. By then you should've known to prepare for the worst. >_>  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:55 pm
Canas Renvall
Yeah, but that's all relative. None of the iterations were gonna end up like RE anyway. D:

Hell, think about it: one of the versions turned into Devil May Cry of all things. By then you should've known to prepare for the worst. >_>

Right, I know that. What I'm saying is, Capcom picked the best possible iteration for an RE game. Not that any of them were good.

Yeah I've never been a big fan of Devil May Cry. But it didn't necessarily prepare us, because they made an entirely new franchise out of it. They should have done the same exact thing with the RE4 that we got. Then, everyone would be happy.  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:45 pm
Thee Stranger
Canas Renvall
Thee Stranger

Well, if that's the case... Capcom made the best possible decision in regards to RE4. Mikami's the one that came up with all the stupid stuff.

Mikami came up with RE4. In fact, Capcom were the ones who rejected all the other ideas. I guess after so many attempts, they settled for parasites, because Mikami was all like, "I don't wanna make RE the way it was anymore."
He never wanted to make it about zombies, and he never wanted to make any of the sequels. He only did because Capcom made him. The only RE that he was actually happy working on (aside from RE4, which he considers 'true horror' as opposed to the other RE games rolleyes ) was Remake, and that's probably because of the nostalgia more than anything.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:02 pm
wow, u changed my whole view of Mikami Bio. now i kinda think he's a douchebag lol "true horror" geez. true horror is peeing your pants at the mere thought of just turning a corner. now it seems more like an action game, bordering on a war game. ~sigh~ i hope the rest of the story makes up for the demo sweatdrop  

FemBot684

4,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:46 pm
Yeah, there was an article printed a while back where they translated a bunch of old Japanese interviews with Mikami, in an Argentinian magazine that my friend translated for me. It gave all the dirty details about Mikami and his hatred for his own franchise.
Originally, he wanted to make a game called "Psycho" where you have to go up against ghosts in a mansion, but then Capcom told him to make it about zombies instead. I guess the mansion was the only part that stayed.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:32 pm
so in all reality it's probably a good thing he didn't write 5? because i envision him being one of those writers who might drive the series into the ground so he doesn't have to continue it. if the writer isn't happy with his own work i think it's right that they hand the reigns over to the dedicated crew who created it.  

FemBot684

4,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:16 pm
Well, the damage is done anyway. And if he HAD run the series into the ground, at least it wouldn't be like, the center of the hype. It's better off dead than where it is right now.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:46 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Mikami came up with RE4. In fact, Capcom were the ones who rejected all the other ideas. I guess after so many attempts, they settled for parasites, because Mikami was all like, "I don't wanna make RE the way it was anymore."
He never wanted to make it about zombies, and he never wanted to make any of the sequels. He only did because Capcom made him. The only RE that he was actually happy working on (aside from RE4, which he considers 'true horror' as opposed to the other RE games rolleyes ) was Remake, and that's probably because of the nostalgia more than anything.

Hmm... that's pretty lame, baby. Prett-iee lame... RE4 true horror? C'mon now, Mikami. Lay of the crack, man. Maybe you're better off staying away from RE. Maybe you should go back to Goof Troop and Disney, dude. I can respect his desire to 'evolve' the series, but RE4 didn't evolve anything in terms of a horror game.

And the guy gives conflicting interviews:
Gamepro Interview
"ASOB" book Interview (Warning: Atrocious Engrish translation)

zeldagirl684
~sigh~ i hope the rest of the story makes up for the demo sweatdrop

Was the demo bad...?  

Thee Stranger

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:37 am
Wow, Mikami is one butthurt man. rofl

Quote:
When I planned to make RE, I was going to use ghosts, but if some other company makes a horror game, they will use ghost too, and I didn't want to be one of them.

Except that, ghosts are used way less than zombies.

Quote:
I always tell them create a game not to be popular, just get few die-hard fans that feel like "We live for this game.

Well that went to s**t didn't it?

~~~

How sad, he wanted a cult-hit game with ghosts and ends up with a mainstream hit with zombies, while the Fatal Frame series ends up taking the cult status he desired so much. mrgreen  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games