Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Micaelae

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:49 am

Kas3y ..!
Hello thar, I'm Kas.
Pleased to meetcha. <33

HI!*Atomic GlompO.O*

(is that 2k-tan in your siggy pictureo.o*squee,fanboy?)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:53 am

Aisling Fallenfeather
Kraven Krowz
Aisling Fallenfeather
Kraven Krowz
It's been awhile, but I'm back. Not sure why...if you remember me, and are mad I left, now's your time to flame the psychotic pumpkin sweatdrop

*Glomps, than runs off to read her book some more*

Someone does remember me, because I remember her cool

You better remember me! mad wink heart

I remember you too Goosey!*waves hands for attention? sweatdrop *

Micaelae

Micaelae

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:55 am

Vita de Morte
Okay so uh I don't really know how to introduce myself, so I gues I'll just start with my name. ^.^

Vita de Morte is Portuguese for Life on Death (Altavista's translator can do you wonders!)

This guy was made mainly for RolePlay but latter I got so addicted to him he just became my main acount.

Im not going to spam up this post with examples of how I write but I consider my self a semi-lit rp'er if you wanna see examples feal free to check out my profile!

Um just a side note, heh I dont know who to tell and by the time someone tells me it will be to late, I'm going to be at the Olympics intill they end so any stuff you guys say to me I sadly wont be able to reply buy the 28th or the 1st.

Thanks for letting me in this guild!

*Drops from the cieling with an Alien-esqe hiss, GLOMPS!*'Ello
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:12 pm

Mm. Merlinic is off to eat a little something, go and practice for martial arts testing, come back, have a light snack/feed dog/etc, and the go to actually test.

Only problem is I'm still wiped out from the stuff we did in class last night. Let's hope I can do well despite the fatigue ^^.

Merlinic Matrices

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:26 pm

TheKnightmare
Yoder
TheKnightmare
Yoder
The game looks like it is being made in RPG Maker 2k/2k3.

~~~~~

the comic is hilarious! *dies laughing*

it is... what of it...?

rolleyes

Eh, nothing. It just tend to come out cliche doing it that way. I prefer to make games from scratch.

do you mean with game maker because it's the only program I know that you can make things from scratch other than ACTUALLY making something from scratch which is too much dedication and work????

and eh... well... er...

*chews chickle*

Yeah, I meant with RPG Maker 2k/2k3. There are other programs for making RPGs out there, even though RPG Maker is supposed to be the best of them, like RPG Toolkit, Explorations, Sphere, and plenty of others. I make games from scratch all of the time. It's fun and it gives you a sene of accomplishment, because it literally is creating something out of rnothing, order from chaos. I find that RPG Maker already has everything far too layed out to be of any good use, but you can reprogram the entire thing to do many different things. Still, it is limited, whereas, with a language, you can do anyhting and everything. I myself am actually about to start on a game making engine, similar to RPG Maker, but it won't give so much pre-made stuff.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:33 pm

Yoder
TheKnightmare
Yoder
TheKnightmare
Yoder
The game looks like it is being made in RPG Maker 2k/2k3.

~~~~~

the comic is hilarious! *dies laughing*

it is... what of it...?

rolleyes

Eh, nothing. It just tend to come out cliche doing it that way. I prefer to make games from scratch.

do you mean with game maker because it's the only program I know that you can make things from scratch other than ACTUALLY making something from scratch which is too much dedication and work????

and eh... well... er...

*chews chickle*

Yeah, I meant with RPG Maker 2k/2k3. There are other programs for making RPGs out there, even though RPG Maker is supposed to be the best of them, like RPG Toolkit, Explorations, Sphere, and plenty of others. I make games from scratch all of the time. It's fun and it gives you a sene of accomplishment, because it literally is creating something out of rnothing, order from chaos. I find that RPG Maker already has everything far too layed out to be of any good use, but you can reprogram the entire thing to do many different things. Still, it is limited, whereas, with a language, you can do anyhting and everything. I myself am actually about to start on a game making engine, similar to RPG Maker, but it won't give so much pre-made stuff.

cool<.<*going to college to learn stuff to make games witho.o, complaetly lsot already hehx.x*

>.>

any tips Yoder?*chibi hopeful eyes*

Micaelae

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:40 pm

Tips? A tad more specific, please. I mean, what, do you want tips on storyline, menu systems, battle systems, geenral coding, or what? Oh, as far as 3D game making goes, I haven't delved much into the area, so I don't know much about it.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:49 pm

actually making and designing it^-^>.>
<.<

The only thing I know is I have gmax(a free 3d design thingie that cna do some animation too<.<

and Visual basic<.<(taking a class for it.

Micaelae

TheKnightmare

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:54 pm

Well i've already heard of sphere and rpgtoolkit and I would use them, but the only thing is that I don't want to PAY for em. Plus with me it's never about the graphic or the originality, it's most likely about the storyline and gameplay that will make it original. Yeah there are premade sets yeah there are tiles already made for you, but it's all about how you fix it and create something different than anybody else who has RPGmaker.

Remember the human mind is the most powerful thing in the world.

That and cookies...

yay cookies!

*munches on cookie*
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:08 pm

Ivellias
<.<

The only thing I know is I have gmax(a free 3d design thingie that cna do some animation too<.<

If you apeak of an RPG, the most important thing to remeber is to make the battle system unique. The best example of a unique battle system that I have seen is "Star Ocean: Till the End of Time." It is a real time battle system (although 3D, it can be done in 2D, but won't looks as cool), which does make it a little bit more difficult to program and calibrate, but it will be well worth it in the end. Also, a tactial battle system isn't used very often (mostly because people dont know how to program one). Hey, there are still plenty of ways to build a battle system out there that no one has ever tried before. Try creating one completely new! You'll love it, and people who play your game will enjoy the breath of fresh ari of originality.

I don't know if this has been true for you, but I find that when I make a game, it is ridiculously easy to play and I end up beating it in much less time than someone else. The abscence of the learning curve could have something to do with it, because I know exactly how the game runs, but I think there is somethign more to it.

I've heard of Gmax, but never tried it. I actually like 2D a lot. Ooh! VB! I love VB! It's so much fun! (Yeah, total nerd).

~~~~~

They're free in case you didn't know. I'm not positive about Sphere being free, though. Well, is people who've played games that consistently use the RTP, see that your game was made with it, they'll naturally assume that you didn't spend much time or effort, considering that N00bs use the RTP as well. It's better to go for your own look, and it makes it seem more original. The problem with storylines is that there isn't much variety in game storylines anymore. I mean, the 6 great frameworks of literature ave been brutally misused, and the classic RPG time periods (Tribal, Pirate, Midieval, Future) are far too ovrused. Yeah, the yuman mind is a powrful tool, but it is limited, because we, as humans, are finite.

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Gizem

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:10 pm

Gizmo sense tingling.....
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:15 pm

*peering out of the shadows* What does that feel like?

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Gizem

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:18 pm

Talon TDS
*peering out of the shadows* What does that feel like?

It feels like Fearless Leader is coming to converse with me!!
*glomp*
How are you?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:20 pm

Yoder
Ivellias
<.<

If you apeak of an RPG, the most important thing to remeber is to make the battle system unique. The best example of a unique battle system that I have seen is "Star Ocean: Till the End of Time." It is a real time battle system (although 3D, it can be done in 2D, but won't looks as cool), which does make it a little bit more difficult to program and calibrate, but it will be well worth it in the end. Also, a tactial battle system isn't used very often (mostly because people dont know how to program one). Hey, there are still plenty of ways to build a battle system out there that no one has ever tried before. Try creating one completely new! You'll love it, and people who play your game will enjoy the breath of fresh ari of originality.

I don't know if this has been true for you, but I find that when I make a game, it is ridiculously easy to play and I end up beating it in much less time than someone else. The abscence of the learning curve could have something to do with it, because I know exactly how the game runs, but I think there is somethign more to it.

I've heard of Gmax, but never tried it. I actually like 2D a lot. Ooh! VB! I love VB! It's so much fun! (Yeah, total nerd).

~~~~~

They're free in case you didn't know. I'm not positive about Sphere being free, though. Well, is people who've played games that consistently use the RTP, see that your game was made with it, they'll naturally assume that you didn't spend much time or effort, considering that N00bs use the RTP as well. It's better to go for your own look, and it makes it seem more original. The problem with storylines is that there isn't much variety in game storylines anymore. I mean, the 6 great frameworks of literature ave been brutally misused, and the classic RPG time periods (Tribal, Pirate, Midieval, Future) are far too ovrused. Yeah, the yuman mind is a powrful tool, but it is limited, because we, as humans, are finite.

@.@

*lost^-^*

Vb!knows that part<.<(a bit)

<.<

Micaelae

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:20 pm

*is glomped* Hardly fearless . . . and only leader by default. The entire Mod team leads this place as far as I am concerned. redface sweatdrop the glomp is nice, though. *huggles*
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games