Welcome to Gaia! ::

Neon Love

Back to Guilds

A place to hangout and be yourself among friends who Love you. 

Tags: Friendship, Love, Activities, Craziness, Anime 

Reply Neon Love's Gang
Yackity-Yack Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 208 209 210 211 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which dream vacation would you choose?
Bahamas
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tokyo, Japan
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Paris, France
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sydney, Australia
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Hawaii, USA
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
London, England
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Gweener

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:09 am
Well, I still believe the educated leaders created what they believed were rules that would ensure prosperity. The seven deadly sins weren't even mentioned in the Bible. They were written later by a man that was exiled; his own personal reflections, and then they were revised by a priest later into the seven we know today.
We already know you can't believe everything you read; that even history becomes distorted according to who's telling it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:19 am
ChainsawDooM
And I'm back... and satiated.

What'd I miss? Oh, that's right, nothing, because this guild isn't as active as the forums used to be fore some reason... Even when we, like... had the same amounts of people online...

... Sorry... I'm getting a little cranky... Been up all night and all that jazz. This time for a good reason, though.

Yes, I miss those times, too. I've thought maybe the two of us, since we were assigned as co-captains, and even our other active members, could put our heads together to get things as active as they used to be;
but honestly, I don't know what else we could possibly do. And if I'm speaking honestly, I'd admit that there has been times when I've been ready to give it up. (Sometimes I don't post, just because it feels good to see someone else's name as the last post; other times just to see what some one else might have to say) But I have a few friendships that still make it worth me while.

Really, sometimes when the world looks dismal, there's nothing like a friendship to bring back the light.

And sometimes, misery does love company. Like right now! At least I'm not the only one feeling tired and cranky. Hope it's just from lack of sleep?

Gweener

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

Dangerous Conversationalist

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:46 am
Yeah, it is (the tired thing).

I'm a little different. When nobody's posting, I tend to keep posting, trying to get someone to have some kind of a reaction, and post. Sometimes I wonder what would happen if we just moved back to the old forum... but... I don't know if we could do it, and even if we did, I don't know if it would help.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:03 am
blaugh I still think I have that as a subscribed thread! xd

The grape thing was quite surprising!
I'm disappointed that I can't find a video of the Peeps experiments. I mean, I've found crappy ones, but not the original one I remember seeing.
All I could find that was close was this:
http://www.peepresearch.org/
I want to try the liquid nitrogen one! twisted

Gweener

Gweener

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:05 am
Any particular reason for the recent sleeplessness?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:10 am
Yes. Like I said, it was a good reason. Unfortunately, it ended up being completely inconsequential... and wrong... but at the time, it was for a good reason.  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Gweener

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:25 am
I've noticed you find a lot of interesting videos on collegehumor.

Have you heard of these awful sites that promote hate, and what I would consider libel? I don't want to mention the actual sites because I don't want to help them out at all. But it seems like the old regulations of '96 need to be updated. Because a website host is not held responsible for what others post on their sites, they have been able to create website that actually encourage others to spread gossip to an audience much larger than it would normally be without the Internet. And the people inflicting the emotional trauma are rarely held accountable.

There is one website for gossip about college students, another for lousy neighbors (in which maps and addresses are posted,) and even another one that allows users to create a profile, not for them self, but for the person they wish to bash. I've read that things were posted such as a woman that deserved getting raped, to women that should be raped, a man accused of spreading STDs, and rumors outing gay and lesbians, and the harassment of racial and ethic groups.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:32 am
ChainsawDooM
Yes. Like I said, it was a good reason. Unfortunately, it ended up being completely inconsequential... and wrong... but at the time, it was for a good reason.

Well, that's more than I can say. I guess for me it was just another one of those nights when I just can't turn off the thoughts. At least it was creative thoughts last night, and not personal dilemmas, thanks to interesting topics here!

Plus, I didn't take that med I mentioned earlier. Maybe I should have. I just didn't want to. I don't even have a good excuse for why!

Anyway, I fell asleep after I wrote for a while. I don't know why, but creativity only seems to hit me in the late hours of the night.

I've always wanted to do a survey/study to see if the time of day a person was born correlates to whether they consider themselves a morning lark or a night owl.

Gweener

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:51 am
I see a lot of those kinds of sites. You see a lot of "she was askin' for it," and "he's totally got the AIDS," and "Faget, gt of teh intrenet or ill fv**n kill u beTCH" nowadays. I don't really take them seriously anymore. most people in the internet are all talk. As far as the sites themselves go... well... they aren't responsible for what people post... But they are responsible for policing the content. But really... if you are going to sue somebody for libel, I'd rather sue the guys that are doing it than the company.

1. Sue one guy
2. Get money
3. Word gets around, more people harass you
4. Sue more people
5. Get more money
6. Lather
7. Rinse
8. Repeat
9. ???????
10. PROFIT!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:55 am
Geeze, I feel like my profile needs a major overhaul.
I'll have to be satisfied with brush up.
What's up with me and this cleaning up mode!?
I didn't think a new year would cause this... not in me.

Gweener

Gweener

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:01 am
ChainsawDooM
I see a lot of those kinds of sites. I don't really take them seriously anymore... most people in the internet are all talk. As far as the sites themselves go... well... they aren't responsible for what people post... But they are responsible for policing the content. But really... if you are going to sue somebody for libel, I'd rather sue the guys that are doing it than the company.

1. Sue one guy
2. Get money
3. Word gets around, more people harass you
4. Sue more people
5. Get more money
6. Lather
7. Rinse
8. Repeat
9. ???????
10. PROFIT!

xd
rofl
I see your point.
And I have heard that a few have been able to pressure the sites into releasing the users' names, and they named them publicly and threatening to out more.
I don't have much faith in the court system though. Probably would end up too time consuming and a financial burden to seek justice through lawsuit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:07 am
Oh, I'm being so lazy today. Definitely guilty of sloth today...
even though was a word substituted for two words that meant apathy and sadness; both which I try to avoid. But I admit, I do give into laziness.

Strange how my self examination usually leads my thoughts in circles...

and sleep deprivation makes me scatterbrained.

Gweener

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:11 am
... I posted this big edit on that little passage... I think... I don't really remember... It's fuzzy...
Anyway, you responded before the edit happened, so I guess I'll post it as a separate thingy.

But really... harassment is a part of becoming famous. If you just keep your head down, chances are you'll never really get harassed at all. And if you do... just ignore them. Trolls and a*****e feed off of your anger and sadness... or as our beloved hippie would say, your negative vibes. Don't feed them, and they'll get bored eventually. I probably shouldn't even delete their comments... they'd probably take it as a challenge and put up more... but it kind of depends with the individual. Sure, every once and a while you'd get a minor hit... but that'll probably be as bad as it gets after the initial flash. Oh course... if you keep doing high profile stuff, yeah, they're going to come after you again. I believe that you should never post something on the internet if you can't take the possible repercussions... because once you post it, guess what, it's pretty much public domain... save a few choice examples... and good luck getting people to enforce it... especially when the trolls nowadays know the laws for internet stuff pretty damned well, and if they don't, well... there's whole troll communities that'll easily tell them what's what.

As far as sites that allow impersonation? I'm pretty sure impersonation is actually illegal... unless done for parody purposes. Big difference between downright impersonation, parodying, and plain old harassment, and only one of those is covered by law.

Eh... I guess I really don't care much about that problem. I'm very largely against censorship of all forms. What get's me the most is people trying to get the government to censor crap like games, tv, and movies. So... wait... you want to just... take the first amendment that our forefathers fought and died for... and just throw it away... because you parents are too lazy to do your jobs as parents and WATCH YOUR F***ING KIDS!? It's the parent's job to regulate what their children see, not the f***ing government! Holy crap, people.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:14 am
And as far as promoting hate goes... really, when I look at a lot of this stuff that people say "supposedly causes hate," I don't see people posting out of hate most of the time. I see trolls... people posting stuff they know will be offensive, because they love the drama and chaos that results from it. More often than not, it's just somebody "doin it for the lulz."

Racism? Lulz.
Sexism? Lulz.
Politics? Lulz.
Making fun of the Jews and the Holocaust? Also for the lulz.
Posting pictures of animal cruelty on sites frequented by animal lovers? You better believe it's for the lulz.

A lot of times the people don't really believe what they say... but they say it anyway because they KNOW it's going to piss someone off or offend someone, and that's exactly what they want.  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Neon Love's Gang

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 208 209 210 211 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games