Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil 5 Discussion:: The Infection Spreads Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:20 pm
Canas Renvall
I can has confession? I didn't play the demo. I went by word of mouth. *Dobby's self for lying*

To be completely honest, I had a feeling you were.

Canas Renvall
- No more attache case. Not only is it like old-school RE's, but it's real-time. Stay on your toes.

Yeah, but you can't examine your items anymore! scream What kind of RE game doesn't let you examine your items? Hell, even RE4 let you do that. There's no status screen, and the whole system is pretty much lifted from Gears' and Dead Space anyway.

Canas Renvall
- So far, no people-sized parasites in the majinis. So far.

There are. Watch some trailers.

Canas Renvall
- The chainsaw majini is serious stuff. He won't ******** die. To keep tension high, you fight him in a relatively small area, giving you little time to reload.

He's pretty easy. Just snipe him in the face (dazes him), run up to him, punch him - Repeat. He dies after a few times.

Canas Renvall
- Capcom actually decided to pay royalties and man up. Chris doesn't use a Handgun; he uses an M92F.

Yay. It's not like I can examine it! evil

Canas Renvall
- Was wrong about Sheva. D: She's more useful than I would've thought.

Sometimes she's a little too good, I think. She steals your thunder. And other times, she's not too good at all. It really pisses me off when her dumbass gets killed for doing something dumb, so now I got to start over. I just don't like the whole partner thing. Never have. Resident Evil should be a solo thing anyway.

Canas Renvall
- Healing items are in short supply. And most of the demo I had just enough ammo to get me by, if that. I actually had to use the knife/machete/whatever it is.

Yeah, I noticed that too.

Canas Renvall
- Lots of new animations

WHERE?!?!

Canas Renvall
- Grenades, while present, are in very short supply. I got two hand grenades and one incendiary throughout both levels of the demo.

I picked up around 6 grenades on just the second level alone. That's not counting the incendiary grenade.

Canas Renvall
- No run-and-gun. At least not on Control Type A (the one I used).

I think it should of had it, since it's adopting all these newer action games' controls. If you're gonna be an action game now, RE, then be an action game. But at the same time, I'm kind of happy about it, only for the fact that a lot of RE4 fanboys are getting in a tizzy about it. Seriously, just read around. It's pretty funny. xd

Canas Renvall
- Control Type D feels weird. Stick to A.

Yeah. My second play through I used one of the RE4-style control schemes (the one with strafing). It worked a lot better for me, and made my second play through a lot more enjoyable.

Canas Renvall
- Someone had the bright idea of switching the fire/reload and run buttons. Way to screw people up.

Had the same problem at first, and it took me a little while to adjust, because I'm so used to all the other Playstation RE's where X is shoot, and SQUARE is run/reload. But it felt a hell of a lot more comfortable than the Gears of War-style controls that I first played with.

Canas Renvall
- I said mostly, the game runs smooth. Once, though, the framerate plummeted for a few seconds.

I never had any problems with the framerate. Even so, it's a demo, and it tells you right off that minor bugs and things are going to be present. So you can't really ding it if you find some.

Canas Renvall
- Sheva has the uncanny ability to leap rather... far. She looks human; she doesn't act like it.

All while flipping, you might want to add. xd

Canas Renvall
- You thought pesetas were bad? They use actual gold now. Good luck carrying those gold bars, Chris.

Oh my god, who cares what the currency is called? It's going to serve the same purpose. Actually, I've heard that the merchant isn't going to be in-game. Everything is separated by chapters and levels, and I guess you buy your s**t in between those gaps. I think it'd be cool if they made the merchant Barry or something.

Canas Renvall
- Flying parasites. No. Just no.

Why not? There's always been flying creatures in RE.

Canas Renvall
- Tricell is a failed attempt at neo-Umbrella (not from demo).

Yeah, nothing will ever compare to Umbrella. They had the perfect name, logo, and everything. Tricell just isn't the same. And I miss the zombies. God, I miss the zombies. crying I'd do anything to have zombies in RE again. I'm just praying that they throw in at least a couple for us. Like, during one of the flashbacks scenes you play through or something. Like, trap you in a room with a horde of zombies surrounding you. That would be awesome. Just one room, Capcom. That's all I'm asking for; one room!

Canas Renvall
- Grenades may be few and far between, but they're there.

What's wrong with grenades? RE has always had grenade launchers and stuff. And REmake had grenades as defensive weapons.

Canas Renvall
- Just a demo, so I'm a little iffy on this one, but so far not one single puzzle.

There will be puzzles.

Canas Renvall
- Chris's REmake voice actor wasted his talent on the menu voice. (While he did it in REmake, RE0, GC RE2, GC RE3, GC RE: CVX I think, he also did it for RE4 and RE5).

Hm. I didn't know that. Why didn't he do Chris again? You know, I like consistency with my voice acting. And same thing that Bio said about RE2, but the menu voice was redone in the 'Cube version of RE3 for some reason.

Canas Renvall
- Chris has more melee attacks, none of which are overly flashy (like a certain someone's suplex has been replaced with an uppercut). One is stomping people SH-style.

You haven't seen half of his moves. xd I wouldn't say they're overly-flashy, but he's got one where does this cross-arm power punch kind of thing, and then he's all flexing and shaking afterwords all Bruce Lee-style or some s**t. And also, stomping heads to mush is something that Chris has always done since RE1, while Jill always kicked their heads across the room. In the old RE's, when a downed zombie grabbed your foot, the male characters always stomped their head, while the female characters always kicked their head off. Remember?

Canas Renvall
- If you or Sheva is in the Dying state, like crawling in Outbreak, the other would have to come help. Also, Sheva won't always listen to your commands. "Come on!" "Forget it!"

How do you tell her to forget it? I couldn't figure out how to switch her commands. She's always set to cover, and the only button that seems to order her is the O button, but he always tells her the same thing. I've tried everything.

Canas Renvall
- You can switch the map on and off. It's a real-time map in the upper right-hand corner. While it's nice not switching to it every three seconds, it's also more like an HUD. We don't want an HUD.

Yeah, no typewriters this time either. sad Everything's gonna be done with the HUD.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:22 pm
*checks the demo* ...Omg, you're right! No more examination... Damnit! D:

I don't want to check trailers, but to know there are man-sized majinis... Greeeat... -_-

And now I'm mad since I just realized I can examine my sexy, REAL guns. D:

And you found that many grenades? Wow. Guess my demo loved me more.

No, Stranger. Don't say you enjoyed strafing in RE. crying

Oh, of course she had to flip. Don't forget how she leaped like eight feet in the air instead of hopping up to the ladder and climbing like a normal person.

I care what the currency is called. Soon enough you're going to have currency in wampum when Capcom decides to declare war on the Native Americans.

And yes. Flying creatures; not flying parasites, which need a host.

We can only hope there'll be puzzles. But I'm not betting money on it by any means.

And... wow. I'm so glad I didn't see him Jackie Chan the s**t out of people. The more you know! And actually, in REmake, Jill stomps heads too. :XP: Oh Jill, how I miss you so...

And I meant if you tell her to come on, sometimes she'll say "Forget it!" and ignore you. xd

No typewriters? ...What? Don't say... please don't say... checkpoints... *lightning and thunder!*  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:34 pm
Frankly, I'm impressed. I was half-expecting Capcom to implement auto-heal in this game and eliminate healing items altogether.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:24 pm
There's something you don't hear everyday. gonk  

MM-212 Beta
Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:30 pm
That's a pretty sad statement, though. That the only time I can actually compliment Capcom is not when they do something right, but when they happen not to do anything wrong. Like, you praise someone for NOT screwing up, that doesn't say much for them, I think.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:10 am
Canas Renvall
And you found that many grenades? Wow. Guess my demo loved me more.

Well, I really looked around. Chainsaw dude killed me the first time around, and I wanted to be stocked for my second go. So I took my time scavenging the area for items.

Canas Renvall
No, Stranger. Don't say you enjoyed strafing in RE. crying

It really doesn't make that much of a difference at all, seeing as you can't strafe while aiming anyway. I barely, if ever, used it. All the right stick does on the RE4-style controls is moves the camera from left to right, sort of like looking around, but the only use it really amounts to is looking at Chris's pecks. I'd rather have the ability to side-step.

Canas Renvall
And yes. Flying creatures; not flying parasites, which need a host.

How do you know all that? All I saw was flying creatures.

Canas Renvall
We can only hope there'll be puzzles. But I'm not betting money on it by any means.

There will be puzzles, according to the development team. Whether they're going to be half-assed, mindless fodder like RE4 has yet to be seen. I think they'll be better this time though, because they've said that the second half of the game will be scarier, more puzzle-based, and less linear than RE4 with some more traditional locales.

What I played of the demo was not scary at all. If you want scary, I'd play Dead Space. Well, it's not scary, but it definitely racks up the tension, and it got quite a few jumps out of me. Especially that part in the beginning on the elevator. *shutters*

Canas Renvall
And... wow. I'm so glad I didn't see him Jackie Chan the s**t out of people. The more you know! And actually, in REmake, Jill stomps heads too. :XP: Oh Jill, how I miss you so...

Really? She didn't kick them? I'm currently playing through it again on Real Survival, but with Chris.

Canas Renvall
And I meant if you tell her to come on, sometimes she'll say "Forget it!" and ignore you. xd

Oh... well, do you know how to order her to do something else? Because it says "cover" under her name, which means she's sticking to you, and apparently you can order her to go on "attack" or something, which will make her go off and do her own thing.

Canas Renvall
No typewriters? ...What? Don't say... please don't say... checkpoints... *lightning and thunder!*

I'm afraid so... exactly so.  

Thee Stranger

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:25 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Frankly, I'm impressed. I was half-expecting Capcom to implement auto-heal in this game and eliminate healing items altogether.

eek My world has just been shattered. Bio actually said he was impressed with something about RE5. xd Granted, he's only impressed with them not screwing something up, but still.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:48 am
I'm just saying, it seems like they went out of their way (in RE4 AND in RE5) do do everything like everyone else does it. Taking one aspect or another from another franchise, and considering how many of them out there have auto healing, I'm surprised that, as you get damaged, the screen doesn't go black and white, or red, and the sound doesn't deafen, and everything's all blurry, so you run and hide for a while, and then everything just restores itself, like in every other action game in this generation.
But then, if you had to run and hide, you wouldn't be able to plow through the legions of enemies, so I guess that's why. They said, "Running and hiding is not what horror is about." rolleyes  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:59 pm
Well, when you get whacked half to hell, the screen does get red and hazy and you stumble around with your health... circle thing flashing "dying". But you can't just run and auto-heal; your partner has to save you. If your partner doesn't get to you in time, you're both effed. xd Yay epinepherine! >_>  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:53 pm
So, I was reading up on an interview with the producer of the new Wanted video game, and he was commenting on why there was no multiplayer in the game.
He said something along the lines of, "Some games tend to tack it on even when they don't need it, which is a waste of time that could be used to improve the SINGLE player mode."

Gee, sound familiar?  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:18 pm
Well, frankly, I think the whole reason for Sheva's existence and the 2-player co-op was to silence the whole racism outcry.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:58 pm
No, I'm pretty sure it went like this:

Let's put Sheva, a black chick to help Chris, just so people stop complaining about the racism.

And THEN:

Hey, let's make it co-op, everyone else is doing it.

Because, you know, people complained about the friendly AI, so instead of spending their time improving THAT, they decided to tack the co-op onto it. Where you can play with a friend, making this already unscary game, even less scary. Great job.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:45 am
Well, you're speculating, just as I am.

But I don't think there would be much point putting her in there to silence the whole racism outcry if she wasn't there fighting by Chris's side the entire time. The whole big thing with that trailer is that it was a "lone white man in military clothing gunning down a bunch of black people". Well, it's no longer a 'lone' white man doing all the gunning, as now he has a partner and she's a black woman. And if she's going to be there the whole time anyway, you may as well throw in 2-player co-op. Plus there's a lot more white enemies now, so nobody can really cry about it anymore.

I don't think 2-player co-op was in the original game plan, but it was something they felt they needed to add in order to avoid bad press. And yes, many of these new action games have co-op, so obviously it would be appealing to some.

The fact that you can only play as Chris in 1-player mode, because "it's really Chris's story" only confirms this in my mind. Sheva was just tacked on in order to silence the whole racism controversy. And if it had not been for the whole racism thing, I doubt we'd be seeing Sheva or 2-player co-op.

I think that's the main reason we have the whole partner system in RE5, not just because Capcom wanted to do what everyone else was doing.

And you know, you haven't even played the game, man. The demo I played of RE5 certainly wasn't scary, and I'm not saying the game is going to be scary, but still, you're not in a position to say either way unless you've played the game in it's entirety.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:59 am
But that's my whole point a couple of posts back. It's not a "Might as well" kind of deal. Co-op, like every other feature, takes time, and in this case it's completely unnecessary. Half the scares that horror games get are from the feeling of being alone and isolated. Even in RE4, Leon spent half the game separated from the ever annoying Ashley. Are you telling me that Chris is gonna have a partner the ENTIRE game? UC round 2, huh?

My point is, co-op was something Resident Evil doesn't need. Sure, it's a cool feature in Outbreak, but that was Outbreaks MAIN feature. With RE5, it's been pointlessly tacked on, when they could've spent the time improving the (un)friendly AI.

Oh, and I might not have played the game or the demo in its entirety. But that's like saying, "I've never jumped into a volcano, but I bet I'd die."
I already know its not gonna be scary, because it's even more action based than RE4. Some p***y casual player (who thought RE4 was scary) might think RE5 is scary, but to actual horror enthusiasts... I think RE5 will be about as scary as Nightmare on Elm Street 3 - 7.

The release date is approaching, and I'm sick of sugar coating ******** this game!  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:04 am
Wes Craven's New Nightmare wasn't scary? What the ********?  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games