Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil 5 Discussion:: The Infection Spreads Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:11 am
Wait...
3 was when Nancy came back...
4 was when the blonde chick lost her special friends...
5 was when the chick got pregnant..
6 was.... Freddy's daughter?
Sorry, I overcounted. 3 - 6.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:15 am
Ha ha, 'salright.  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:21 am
No, it's not! crying I've been a fan, nay, a follower of Freddy Krueger since I was 2 years old. That kind of mistake is unforgivable!

But that really takes away from my point: ******** RE5.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:26 am
And ******** the police too. Ha ha. Just Kidding, respect.

Loyal Freddy Fan since age 4. Wooh!  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:31 am
Well, Leon WAS a cop...  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:47 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
But that's my whole point a couple of posts back. It's not a "Might as well" kind of deal. Co-op, like every other feature, takes time, and in this case it's completely unnecessary. Half the scares that horror games get are from the feeling of being alone and isolated. Even in RE4, Leon spent half the game separated from the ever annoying Ashley. Are you telling me that Chris is gonna have a partner the ENTIRE game? UC round 2, huh?

My point is, co-op was something Resident Evil doesn't need. Sure, it's a cool feature in Outbreak, but that was Outbreaks MAIN feature. With RE5, it's been pointlessly tacked on, when they could've spent the time improving the (un)friendly AI.

Oh, and I might not have played the game or the demo in its entirety. But that's like saying, "I've never jumped into a volcano, but I bet I'd die."
I already know its not gonna be scary, because it's even more action based than RE4. Some p***y casual player (who thought RE4 was scary) might think RE5 is scary, but to actual horror enthusiasts... I think RE5 will be about as scary as Nightmare on Elm Street 3 - 7.

The release date is approaching, and I'm sick of sugar coating ******** this game!

I don't like co-op either. I've stated that more than once if you read a couple posts up. I'd rather it wasn't in there either. And yes, there was co-op in Outbreak, and I'd say that the Outbreak games were just about as scary as the rest of the oldschool series was (and that's the real problem here with RE5, isn't it?); not that I found any of the RE games scary. A game that gets a jump or two out of me, or makes me weary of a few of the enemies is as 'scary' as it can get in my book. You also had two main characters fight alongside each other throughout the entire game in RE0, and I don't hear you ragging on that one.

So what's the big deal here? Because it's 'tacked on'? How would you know? Have you played the game for yourself to see if it's co-op gameplay is poorly executed? No, you haven't. You're going by hearsay, and the fact that you have already determined that this game is going to suck. It wouldn't matter if there was co-op in it or not. If there was no co-op at all, you'd still be ragging on this game, regardless. I've heard both positive and negative things about the co-op. Personally, I think it worked pretty decent overall, but there was a couple of times when it annoyed me (I was playing co-op with the CPU). And how do you know the AI is so terrible? Seemed fine to me in the demo. Again, have you played it? If not, then how can you speak on it as if you have, and as if you know what needs to be improved?

"Well, I've never jumped into a Volcano before, but I know exactly what it feels like as I'm burning and dying in lava. And I've never died before either, but I know exactly what it's like to be dead."

It's gonna be even more action-based than RE4? Where did you hear that? According to the makers of the game, it's going to get a lot less action-oriented and more puzzle/horror based in the second half.

You know, I didn't like any of the live-action movies, but I did see them before I determined that they sucked/were stupid/weren't scary/whatever. How could I even have an opinion of them if I hadn't actually seen them?

Obviously, if you didn't like RE4's gameplay, then you're not gonna like RE5's either. However, you're really in no position to speak on the new features, gameplay mechanics, A.I., etc. if you haven't even actually played the game. And nobody has yet. All anyone has played is a short ******** this game!" - Yes, we all know that's how you feel, Bio. Even with the sugar coating. You've made it very clear.  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:34 pm
Well, just the fact that they added strafing and the aiming is in the right analog stick, already says that it's more action oriented than RE4. Plus the sheer number of enemies on screen. I've seen the trailers, regrettably.

But you know what? I'm saving myself some trouble by not playing this game. The one thing I hate is people who expect to hate something, but then pay money for it anyway just to have an "informed opinion" which is another way to say "right to b***h."
I hated RE4, I hated UC, I'll spare myself the trouble and NOT play this game. I got better things to do than buy/rent a game just so that I can go through it with a fine toothed comb just to find more small, insignificant details to b***h about.
All, I know from this game is what I saw in the trailers and what's been reported, I hate a lot of it, and that's the stuff I'll complain about. But if Wesker has a ridiculously stupid piece of dialogue in the game, or there's some dumbass plot twist about Jill or Sherry, or what have you, I won't know about it, so I'm not gonna complain about it. And if you're looking forward to this game, and don't want to hear someone complain about it, then you should be happy that I'm isolating myself FROM this game, because it's that much less complaining I'll do.
But I'm still pissed that Capcom has butchered my once favorite series.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:04 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, just the fact that they added strafing and the aiming is in the right analog stick, already says that it's more action oriented than RE4. Plus the sheer number of enemies on screen. I've seen the trailers, regrettably.

Um... Aiming's not on the right analog stick... at least not with the controls I used for the demo. Which, as I stated before, showcases some of the good and the bad of the game. Purely from gameplay for now, as it is only just a demo.  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:41 pm
Well, Thee Stranger described Aiming with the right analog stick. I guess you're given a choice, but still. The fact that they'd implement something like that, just shows that RE is an action franchise with none of its horror roots left at all. They've decomposed along with all the corpses that can't reanimate because Capcom got rid of the T-Virus.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:19 am
I'm curious, how is it going to become more horror oriented in the second half? Cheap scares? Unsettling music (Which I believe RE4 has great unsettling music, one thing I think even the old school haters can agree on)? Constant suspense? Shrouded darkness? Albert Wesker wearing a thong?!

King of Paradise

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:55 am
RE4 had good music, they just used it improperly. Just like RE5 is. When enemies are around, it plays. The end of the music signifies safety. Not a good thing. D:

Although, I can safely say the music played with the Executioner (and I think the chainsaw majini too) is really SH-induced. I want more of that with scares, if only in the latter half.

And Stranger, who's to say he isn't already wearing a thong? I mean, that's all he could really fit into in that tight leather. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:12 am
Canas Renvall

And Stranger, who's to say he isn't already wearing a thong? I mean, that's all he could really fit into in that tight leather. xd

>_< i never thought about that and now i see that could be completely true. my feminine instincts are confused, i SHOULD be intrigued by wesker's undergarments and yet my mind rings with a resounding "eeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww"

@ Thee Stranger: i totally agree with Bio; once the game comes out we won't have to worry about his bitching, okay? blaugh so don't worry about it. an opinion is an opinion and you can disagree but don't take it to heart too much. Love ya Bio but i have heard your RE5 verdict 345684305896378 times at least lol.  

FemBot684

4,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:27 am
I've learned the hard way that opinionated thinking won't work with Thee Stranger...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:42 pm
Erm... I happen to think most of RE4's music was terrible. It was droning and annoying. The only good music in it was that Spanish jig at the beginning, and the credits music. That and the Mercenaries music, but that didn't even come from RE4, that music was reused from a different game.

UC's music is my guilty pleasure, though. ninja  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:51 pm
Well music tastes is one thing you can never argue about///It's appealing to me, but not to you///Why is that?///I dunno, that's your taste, not mine///End.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games