Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply OOC
Flight Rising Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 308 309 310 311 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cricket2008

Familiar Shapeshifter

8,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:43 am
Morning all!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:00 am
Dizzy_Kat

I was looking the parents of the midnight tundra that I got from you.

His mother looks exactly like my Journey which is my first progenitor dragon.
His father was hatched from a breeding between my random progenitor dragon and someone else's dragon.

Luckily, his chosen mate is from someone else's lair.  

Cricket2008

Familiar Shapeshifter

8,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hero 100

Cricket2008

Familiar Shapeshifter

8,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:10 pm
Quote:

Quick Update Aug 05, 2013, 19:46:3
Hello everyone - just a quick update: We currently still do not have an ETA on the site opening again, but work is continuing with great fervor! We are making adjustments and refinements to code that may have been susceptible to the attack and doing thorough testing before getting the site back into prime-time. I know it can be really frustrating to not have time estimates, but we promise we’re aiming to have this done as soon as humanly (read: dragonly) possible. Thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:00 am
Quote:

DownTime Update + Server Migration
Aug 06, 2013, 00:22:23

Hello everyone!

After much deliberation, the development team has come to the decision that we will be leaving Flight Rising in maintenance until after server migration is fully completed on the weekend ending in Sunday, August 11. This longer maintenance period will provide the benefit of allowing our coders to maximize their research, optimization, and implementation, as well as give ample time to our artists to prepare more content for future updates post-migration.

What this means for you: •Your dragons will be fed/cared for.
•Your eggs will be cared for.
•All players will receive a 3-day clan energy bonus and have it preserved as long as we're down.
•We will be providing a thank you Care Package full of goodies to all users.
•We will be providing an Albino Hedgehog familiar to all users.
•Water Flight will retain their Dominance going into the new week post-migration, to make up for the fact that they did not get to utilize it this week.
In addition to the above, we will be making the final preparation for the Skydancer breed, which will be debuting a week after the site returns!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

We would like to extend our thanks for the words of encouragement, the amazing interactions of the community, and the patience you all have had while we continue to work. We are confident that this decision will mean positive things for the ongoing development of the site, and cannot wait to get everyone back in again.

Cricket2008

Familiar Shapeshifter

8,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hero 100

elvyralani
Crew

Fashionable Rabbit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:55 am
Sucks but would rather the site be working then only partially fixed.

So many people are complaining about the downtime. Seriously it's a website, do some people not understand. I wish I could spend a week worrying about pixel dragons and nothing else. Everything will still be there. You never can expect downtime either. There was a bug. I work in QA and its hard to find them sometimes. Sometimes it's only findable after it gets released which sucks.

It's fair to let water have another week cause we haven't gotten to use the perks at all.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:55 am
I am glad they are down all week. i got so much IRL things to do anyway.
and i don't have to use up my own stash of meat supply to feed my dragons XD  

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Sarano_Krem

Feral Knight

13,615 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Battle: Knight 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:33 pm
only children or people with no lives complain about something as trivial as downtime maintenance. it happens, get over it.

of course you're happy with the dominance bit Elvy! it's your element xd

Frosty, not to mention that we all get a care package on top of not spending our resources. so now we shall have all the meat!

and is anyone else excited for the new dragons!? I can't wait to see the detailing on them! that outline is not enough to satisfy me!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:52 pm
hahah i only OCD check Flight Rising but if it;s down then i will go do something else. Like today, was wandering around the mall and other stores. bought myself some Rooibos tea leaves biggrin

I am starting to like getting care packages. AND a freebie albino hedgehog? The staff are seriously spoiling us with free stuff. Even gaia doesn't give stuff out like them XD
Care package = MORE FREE MEAT 8D ~!

I am superrrr excited for Skydancers. I have dragons set aside but now am thinking if i should get all gen 1s to turn them into beautiful beings with genes added on -wipes drool-  

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Cricket2008

Familiar Shapeshifter

8,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:25 pm
I still lurk around on FR looking at dragons and reading the forums.

I have some pairs picked out for the new breed, but do I pick a favorite pair or a pair that already has genes.

There's a sketch of the skydancers. If you haven't seen it, I'll dig it up.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:27 pm
New unofficial FR forum outside of the game.

http://flightrising.proboards.com/  

Cricket2008

Familiar Shapeshifter

8,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hero 100

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:34 pm
Seriously guys, at some point the excuses for the administrators there have to stop. When I get fed the same line often enough, and things don't seem to ever change, I stop buying the line they're handing us @ all the downtime to 'fix things' when they never seem to actually get fixed. x'D If this was the first time we had downtime for the same issue, or if the only problems the site was having was lag (come on guys, this site HAD beta testing...and I've seen other sites that are managed by small groups of people who are able to fix things a helluva lot faster than they seem able to--and they didn't have a 30K+ kickstarter to help them along, either...), but at this point, people have a right to be kinda pissed--especially when they don't give anything concrete (sometimes not at all...) until hours/a day has passed with people trying to figure out what the deal is.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm not raging and ranting or anything, but at this point, I just roll my eyes when they give us yet another excuse for taking the site offline for the same vaguely alluded to problems they claimed they were fixing the last time they took things down. The admin have something to answer for--the site is a game, yes, but a game that a lot of people have thrown a lot of real money at, and if I threw real money around anywhere else, I'd have a helluva lot of right to be pissed off if stuff wasn't doing what it was supposed to, by any stretch of the imagination, the storefront was closed at random times when it was supposed to be open, and no signs were posted until hours or days after the fact, and I kept getting the same runaround from customer service for it. Just because something's a game, when you start accepting real money from people, you have a responsibility to be treated to the same expectations and anger from people as any other business would, when you don't manage things well. While it's not testing, I don't think perfection is expected--lag, etc I am fine with--but I know I certainly expected the games to be up and working properly long before now, and to not see the same exact type of 'security' issue that they fixed the last time they took the site down unexpectedly....to name just two things that they've made no progress on.

So while I wouldn't condone a bitchfit, or a screaming mess from anyone, regardless of the situation, I don't think to insult people who are justifiably annoyed by repeated poor customer relations by a website that has taken quite a bit of money from people in return for that 'service' is necessarily correct, or fair either. And I don't think that people who are complaining about it are being petty or pathetic or lack lives, either--I think they're asking for reasonable information, and more specifically, for it to be communicated in a timely manner, to excuse things, and for some accountability in the lack of progress that's been made in the last few weeks. [/twocents]

(spoiler for my twocents..I think y'all are being a little unfair to people who are justifiably annoyed by things, and I think that to trivialize things by saying that only people who have no lives are the kind who complain about this level of poor management is a liiiiittle bit over the top, too.)

That said, to be honest, I'm of the mind that, if this actually fixes things, I'm more than okay with it being down this week--I had some breedings that I was waiting on to come up off CD anyway, so this just means less impatient eyeballing of them in anticipation this week xD. Additionally, work has been absolutely kicking my a**, and I'm feeling more than a little burnt out, so o reason to stay up past rollover to do my dailies means I've actually had a couple of nights where I've gotten to bed at a semi decent time.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:37 am
I just realized one of my exalt draggies has grown up quite handsome and now I feel bad about planning to get rid of him. XD

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Cricket2008

Familiar Shapeshifter

8,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:20 am
My babies have stopped aging. They should have matured by now. I'm guessing they stopped doing the rollovers each night. Hopefully, they'll catch everything up when the new server is added .  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:14 am
Correction. Looks like I have one baby that grew up. This one was hatched last Friday.

Cricket2008

Familiar Shapeshifter

8,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hero 100

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:45 am
Gorgeous growths, both of you!!!! smile  
OOC

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 308 309 310 311 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games