Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~::Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 FES - The Golden::~*

Back to Guilds

The final chapter in the Persona 4, FES, and Golden - RP Guild Trilogy! No prior knowledge necessary! 

Tags: Persona 4, Megami Tensei, Roleplay, Persona 3, Persona 5 

Reply *~::Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 FES - The Golden::~*
::Out-of-Character Forum:: Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 ... 2476 2477 2478 2479 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stickdude

Generous Informer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:12 am
Story of the cat and the rabbit... Hmmm...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:14 am
o wo
Perhaps it could. Do you have any ideas on how to modify his ultimate to make it even stronger? I'll post his entire list under a spoiler tab if you want to see. Perhaps something that is different from the rest of his abilities, or something that modifies them as well.

Hidden Blades: He has an unknown amount of small, dagger-like blades hidden on his person. There is one on each boot hidden in a secret compartment, and he can generate a seemingly infinite amount from under his sleeves, using them in close quarters combat or as a ranged weapon.

Night Of Walpurgis: The Night bestowed upon him by the Azi Dahaka. It takes advantage of his intellect, requiring a great amount of processing to use effectively. The abilities bestowed upon him by his Night are:

Increased Speed: He can increase the amount of joules exerted by his body, thus increasing the amount of work that can be done. He can use this to give him a burst of speed to escape, attack, or whatever he feels like. However, this doesn't make him fast enough to run around the world. He isn't a super hero, and the G-Forces would kill him.

Increased Strength: He can modify the amount of joules exerted, as well as the weight, of individual parts of his body to increase the power of his attacks. He can add mass to his arms to increase his punching strength or allow him to lift heavier objects, as well as throwing a rock at the same speed as a bullet train. This, in tandem with increased speed, is one of his bread and butter combos.

After Images: He can use his Night to create multiple after images of himself, which he can use to distract enemies. However, if he were to increase the output of his Night, he could create after images with mass, that deal just as much damage as he would, but take thrice as much damage as he would.

Flight: He can manipulate the wind around him to give him an indefinite boost in the air. He can't combine this with increased strength because then he'd be too heavy to fly.

Projectile Redirection: If he sees a projectile coming towards him, he can quickly redirect the object's trajectory and send it wherever he pleases. Usually, back to wherever it came from. However, he hasn't honed his skill enough to be able to tell when an object is coming at him. He has to see it. Can be combined with After Images to give him a full view of all directions.

Probability Manipulation: His Night's ultimate ability. With each action, there are at least two different outcomes. If a gun is fired, it can either send the bullet flying at wherever the shooter is pointing at, but it could end up being a blank. With this ability, he can force the preferred outcome to happen. If he's faced with a sword to the gut and he has no time to dodge, he could use this to force reality to favor him and cause the sword to break upon contact. However, this causes great strain to his mind, and if he uses this, all of his Night's abilities are weakened severely.

Lance Of Walpurgis: The physical manifestation of his Night. It takes on the form of a long, ceremonial lance. It is black in color, but there are golden symbols and carvings adorned along the staff. When it is Activated, it continuously emanates a purple mist that envelops the weapon. When Activated, the Lance can segment into multiple pieces, all bound together by a long chain.

They Call Me Lunatic_

Tipsy Genius

Rednal
Crew

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:22 am
I'm not sure what the limits there are, so... XD;

But causing status effects is usually pretty helpful. o wo Things that make them easier to hit and more vulnerable to damage are particularly nice, though blinding also works.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:28 am
There aren't any. In the interest of fairness, however, I imposed that drawback in his final skill that he wouldn't normally have in my story. My only problem with how powerful he is is how the hero is supposed to defeat him. = w="

That could be useful! However, unfortunately, his power's theme is modifying factors of his body, science-y stuff, to make him stronger. Are there any good status effects that can be done through that? o wo

Thanks for the help, by the way, I appreciate it. :3

They Call Me Lunatic_

Tipsy Genius

stickdude

Generous Informer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:31 am
Meow?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:39 am
For modified bodies... biological/virus powers are usually a pretty good option. Like, when you get cut, the splatter on the hero can infect them and drain their strength or something. ^^ And don't worry TOO much about the heroes. They'll find a way.  

Rednal
Crew

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

They Call Me Lunatic_

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:41 am
O wO
That's a brilliant idea, Red! He could create a field around him that automatically converts the compound and structure of his blood into something volatile and acidic. o wo

I know, but it's hard. >.<
I'm going for a deconstruction of the shounen genre so I can't just have the hero keep on standing up. xD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:42 am
...Shoot their knees? o wo  

Rednal
Crew

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

They Call Me Lunatic_

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:44 am
There are healers. And healing factors. xD

Plus, the main character's weapon ability is slowing his perception of time, so he could easily cut through the bullets. Unless I kill him off.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:48 am
Paint the bullets to create optical illusions and make it difficult for the hero to tell the exact distance, throwing off his powers!

Unless it's SUPER slow-mo time, in which case the bullets are actually bombs that will blow up when they strike something, so you're using his power against him. XD  

Rednal
Crew

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

They Call Me Lunatic_

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:52 am
Dude that's extremely technical. You're really creating, you know that? o wo b  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:55 am
I like being creative. ^^ But really, the secret to success in things like this is to have a good balance between universally useful skills and tricky things that are hard for the opponent to counter. Think of what they can do, then think of ways to troll them. It's best if you have strong counters for their techniques and can lead them right into your traps, where everything is Just As Planned. rofl  

Rednal
Crew

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

stickdude

Generous Informer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:00 am
o wo
I work off Rule of Cool and cinematic badassery.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:03 am
Alternately, make like the Joker, where you don't have a plan and are acting solely to mess with everyone as much as possible. If that's the case, you can't possibly lose, because anything that happens qualifies as fulfilling your goals. XD  

Rednal
Crew

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

They Call Me Lunatic_

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:04 am
My character's backstory is that he was used as an experiment to create a perfect human being. Thus, since he was a child, he was trained both intellectually and physically, in various forms of martial arts as well as a multitude of guns and weapons. Plus his experience from fighting the other subjects made him extremely resourceful, he knows how to create traps, and he uses the battlefield to his advantage.

Added to the OP abilities of his Night (the thing that gives people powers in my story), he is literally the strongest character in my story's universe. o wo

A lot of the limitations on his powers were only added to prevent him from being broken in the tourney. xD

Basically, he's like Accelerator. o wo b

*~::Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 FES - The Golden::~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 ... 2476 2477 2478 2479 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games