Welcome to Gaia! ::

Angel Eclipse

Back to Guilds

A unique role playing community! 

Tags: Roleplaying, Fantasy, Adventure, Angel, Eclipse 

Reply Role Playing [Verspya]
Talking while you role play Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 ... 1662 1663 1664 1665 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cecily D Aria
Crew

Versatile Explorer

11,825 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:46 pm
Sorry, but I posted.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:58 pm
*Is foaming at the mouth and rolling from side to side*  

Hiraru Sagara

Magic Hunter

17,075 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Bookworm 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Heart-of-Rain

4,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:25 pm
....well, here I am. I'm going to try Rping again.
razz
Has anyone seen shoxie or Galaxy Commander? o:
(Or Benzymes, I guess xD )  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:48 pm
I haven't seen any of them for a while now. Maybe you should consider making another character and RPing with another group.
Think he could join the group we have Marixe? The one in the Desert?  

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

pyroknight1

6,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:02 pm
hey ukyo, could you do me a favor? do you know anything about overusing antibiotics and the negative impacts on it on your health? my girlfriends writing a paper for composition class about it and knows little.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:19 pm
1. olfactory
2. optic
3. ocularmotor
4. trochlear
5. trigeminal
6. abductens
7. facial
8. vesticular-cochlear
9. glossalpharyngeal
10. vagus
11. accessory
12. hypoglossal
XD yay got them all!  

CactiAndCanaries

Quotable Elocutionist

10,250 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:31 am
pyroknight1
hey ukyo, could you do me a favor? do you know anything about overusing antibiotics and the negative impacts on it on your health? my girlfriends writing a paper for composition class about it and knows little.

Overusing antibiotics? Overusing anything can be considered poisonous. A drug usually has what's called a "theraputic range" where the amount given is beneficial and there are no adverse effects. This includes antibiotics, sedatives, tranquilizers, anticonvulsants, antidepressants, cardiac stimulants, and antihypertensives to name a few. What your girlfriend is probably interested in is called Pharmacokinetics, or how a body handles a drug. The theraputic effect(and toxicity) correlate good with serum concentration of the drug. I have loads of info for a lab's point of view for this stuff, but if all you want is the negative impacts here they are(btw usually if the patient is not getting a strong enough concentration, there is usually no benefit to the patient, and bacteria can potentially become resistant to the drug, so timing here is important):
Salicylates(often used as cold remedies and analgesics. In human terms, it's Asprin). Overdosing in that can cause hyperventilation, flushing and fever. It causes respiratory alkalosis(makes the blood pH greater than 7.45), eventually as drug ion builds up becomes metabolic acidosis(blood pH less than 7.35). It is a common drug that is overdosed(not as common as ethanol though ~_^)

Here are the not as common ones antibiotic ones, and their side effects. They usually are more severe with greater concentration, but these things can happen in normal dosage as well:

Aminoglycosides(ex// Gentamicin, Tobramycin, Amikacin):
Nephrotoxicity(Kidney damage. Can possibly cause kidney failure?)
Ototoxicity(ear damage)

Tetracyclines:
antibiotic-associated diarrhea
discolored teeth
pseudomembranous colitis

Chloramphenicol:
Some organisms produce chloraphenicol acetyltransferases, enzymes that add acetyl groups to the chloramphenicol molecule; which makes the drug inactive because it doesn't bind with the target sites on bacteria anymore.
Causes two types of bone marrow toxicity, bone marrow suppression(reversible) and idiosyncratic aplastic anemia(irreversible). The aplastic anemia is NOT dose related, but it is fatal and caused by an antimicrobial drug.
Gray baby syndrome may occur when this drug is given to a neonate with an immature liver(because the liver inactivates the drug as well).

I think that's all I can think of. They are the biggies to me. I'm sorry for not having the time to post this before ^_^;  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:34 am
wow, ukyo. Could you pm it to my gf though? im stuck to phone posts, so copy and paste is impossible. Her username is in my profile.  

pyroknight1

6,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:44 am
I sent it. I can't be a reference source though, but at least now she can use this info and go somewhere with it.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:17 am
thanks ukyo, and i know ya cant, but she can use anything she gets at this point i think.  

pyroknight1

6,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:54 am
Well if she needs more info it should be online somewhere. But if she wants anymore info from me about anything, I can try and see what I can scrounge up. I have this picture about how drugs are administered so that it stays in theraputic range.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:26 pm
I'm gonna play some video games... so I'll talk to ya'll later! whee  

Hiraru Sagara

Magic Hunter

17,075 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Bookworm 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

CactiAndCanaries

Quotable Elocutionist

10,250 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:38 pm
crying I want to go live in canada...

Sammy is in vancouver

Lucky canadians to be near his presence  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:29 am
Ucchan... Can you send us down in texas some snow?  

Hiraru Sagara

Magic Hunter

17,075 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Bookworm 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

CactiAndCanaries

Quotable Elocutionist

10,250 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:00 am
and Sam winchester?
or Jared padaleki?  
Role Playing [Verspya]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 ... 1662 1663 1664 1665 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games