Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil 5 Discussion:: The Infection Spreads Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:57 pm
Well, yeah, but you said, "one thing I think even the old school haters can agree on". That's awfully presumptuous. I mean, anyone who loves and worships RE4 could say, "RE4 is so awesome. Surely any hard core Resident Evil fan would absolutely love that game." But as we all know, that's far from the truth.

Once, when I was playing RE4, I put on some metal and it worked very well. But then, metal always works for ACTION games.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:19 pm
Ok, this is being blown up. I thought the music in RE4 was the only thing that I could see an old school RE fan who dislikes the new games would like, since I found it to be as creepy and disturbing as the music in pre-4 games, not to mention being good tone setters for the suspenseful situations that occur in both old and new iterations. If it's droning and annoying, then I guess you just have a differing opinion from what I believe the mass majority would state on the matter. Now that's awfully presumptuous, but to further divulge into that: Since I said I THINK, I was only being somewhat, yet cautiously presumptuous, not awfully. Awfully would be announcing "Any old school fan will unarguably love the new games". Or what I just said a few sentences back. And I was half right with Canas. But not you.  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:23 pm
It's still presumptuous. Considering that the music in RE4, good or bad, had a very different tone than the creepy, quiet orchestral tunes of the previous RE games. So it's not like I could say, "If there's one thing about RE4 that stayed truly Resident Evilish it's the music."
Heck, even Survivor, despite the terrible game mechanics and its other shortcomings, had great trademark RE music. When you play it it's like, "Yeah, this music totally feels like an RE game."  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:38 pm
Different tone sure, but it was still creepy, disturbing, and good for setting the tone for suspenseful situations, like the original tunes. Just like, might I say. So, in all fairness, I was right in being cautiously presumptuous. It would be way more awkward if I was being blatant when it had transitioned to a techno soundtrack.  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:41 pm
You know, that's not even true. Considering Umbrella Chronicles is pretty much all techno. But I liked it because it remixed older tunes and because it almost felt like it was trying to emulate the music from the first RE movie, style wise. Still, THAT was enjoyable.
The stuff in RE4 is like really bad industrial, the music was basically clanking noises. There wasn't that much more to it.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:45 pm
I'm sorry if I implied that UC was included in convo, but it's not. It's strictly...Err, restricted to 4 and the games that came before it (In the main canon), since I can't really judge on the new games, having never playied them. But, if you don't find the music in 4 to be any of what I have declared, then that is just our clashing tastes again.  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:55 pm
It's not that it didn't have the potential to be suspenseful or creepy or disturbing. It could've been, if it was done well. But it was so cookie cutter, it's something I could've made in my second term Audio class.
And no, despite what many people say, I don't think the regenerator theme was creepy, nor did I find them scary. Like I said, just annoying. Which I don't get, since it's what people seem to constantly drill about, "Yeah, it really wasn't that scary. But the regenerators, with that music, were so scary!" They were? I don't find that. I guess I'm used to better scares.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:26 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, just the fact that they added strafing and the aiming is in the right analog stick, already says that it's more action oriented than RE4. Plus the sheer number of enemies on screen. I've seen the trailers, regrettably.

The fact that they added strafing and switched the analog over to the right control stick really doesn't say much in terms of action. Dead Space played the exact same way, and that was definitely not an action-oriented game. It really says nothing about exactly how action packed the game is going to be. All it really says is that RE5 is mirroring the now-standard controls for the Third-Person Perspective games that most new-gen gamers have now become familiarized with. There's also no run & gun in RE5, like all the other action games you see nowadays, and you'll find that most of the complaints revolving around the demo stem from that.

Biohazard EXTREME
But you know what? I'm saving myself some trouble by not playing this game. The one thing I hate is people who expect to hate something, but then pay money for it anyway just to have an "informed opinion" which is another way to say "right to b***h." I hated RE4, I hated UC, I'll spare myself the trouble and NOT play this game. I got better things to do than buy/rent a game just so that I can go through it with a fine toothed comb just to find more small, insignificant details to b***h about.

Well, okay. But if you really want to save yourself some trouble... where are you right now? You're in the RE5 discussion thread. If you really don't want to be bothered with this game at all, and have better things to do than find details about the game to take an issue with, then why even bother coming here in the first place? I remember you once saying that you were 'avoiding this game like the plague'. Well, then it would only seem logical to me that you would want to avoid any discussion revolving around it as well. And by coming here, you are finding details about the game to b***h about. You're getting informed about certain things.

And when you talk about people who expect to hate something, but then pay money for it anyway just to have an "informed opinion", yes, I watched the second and third live-action RE movies expecting not to like them. But the only Resident Evil movie I payed money to watch was the first one when I rented it. I saw the second one because my friend bought it, and I watched the third movie on HBO on demand. I didn't run right out and buy them or something like that. I didn't even look for them. But I didn't say any of them sucked until I saw them. If I just said Extinction sucked without even seeing it, would my opinion have any validity at all? Obviously my opinion doesn't matter to anyone anyway, but at least I know why I think the movie sucks, and I don't go around saying it sucks just because I thought the last two sucked. I know you have a PS3, and the RE5 demo was completely free. So you would of had nothing to lose but just a little bit of your time, which you have no problem taking to discuss the game anyway. That way, you could be like, "I played the demo, here's what sucks." - and then I wouldn't be saying s**t right now.

Biohazard EXTREME
All, I know from this game is what I saw in the trailers and what's been reported, I hate a lot of it, and that's the stuff I'll complain about. But if Wesker has a ridiculously stupid piece of dialogue in the game, or there's some dumbass plot twist about Jill or Sherry, or what have you, I won't know about it, so I'm not gonna complain about it. And if you're looking forward to this game, and don't want to hear someone complain about it, then you should be happy that I'm isolating myself FROM this game, because it's that much less complaining I'll do.
But I'm still pissed that Capcom has butchered my once favorite series.

Exactly. And that's all well and good, dude. You can b***h about the game all you want. It really doesn't bother me. But all you have to go on in terms of the new gameplay features is what's been reported, which is just hearsay, and basically all you're taking from that is some of the negative things that Canas said (and later, after he had actually played it, he admitted that the co-op was decent). And now you're saying that the co-op is shoddy and tacked on, and that the A.I. sucks and they should of improved that instead of adding the co-op, and all this and that... and you haven't even played the game. And nobody has played the complete game. It would be like me writing a review of a game that I didn't even play based solely upon what a couple people said about an unfinished demo of the game. You're also complaining about Sheva and Chris being side-by-side throughout the entirety of the game, yet you seem to have had no problem with that same concept in RE0. Stuff like that pretty much leads me to believe that you're gonna pick this game apart no matter what it does - if not for the co-op, then something else, because you have already made up your mind that it's going to suck. That's the only kind of complaining I'm taking issue with. If you want to complain about the direction of the story, the fact that it still plays like RE4, the return of the Plagas, etc., that's cool with me, dude. More power to you. But when you're getting into the gameplay details, your two cents really holds no weight at all. And I think if you were truly isolating yourself from this game, then you wouldn't be here in this thread. I isolate myself from the Power Rangers. That means I don't have anything to do with them, including talking about how much they suck/are going to suck over the Power Rangers Discussion forum on a regular, day-to-day basis. They're completely irrelevant to my life.

Biohazard EXTREME
Well, Thee Stranger described Aiming with the right analog stick. I guess you're given a choice, but still. The fact that they'd implement something like that, just shows that RE is an action franchise with none of its horror roots left at all. They've decomposed along with all the corpses that can't reanimate because Capcom got rid of the T-Virus.

That's right, I did. That was before I discovered that you could switch the control scheme. And this is a perfect example of what's wrong with going strictly from hearsay. The Gears of War-style controls are in place for the newcomers to RE, who are accustomed to that kind of control scheme, while the other two control schemes are there for people familiar with REs controls.

EDIT: RE4's music... I don't really remember any of it besides the save room music, which was annoying and depressing to me for some reason. And that's probably why it's the only track I remember. Not saying the entire soundtrack sucked. It's just been a while.  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:20 pm
Well, the fact that you can't remember the music, just shows how boring and forgettable it was, no? It's been ages since I played Outbreak, but that music I'll never forget.

But you do have a point, I don't know why I post here anymore. I guess I just feel like this guild needs someone to counter all the pro-RE5 excitement.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:06 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJPO9QZJEW4

Aww crap, looks like RE5 may be redeemable in my eyes after all...  

Javanomicron

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:25 pm
That's redeemable? Easy to please some people.
I regret even watching that. gonk
Won't someone wipe my brain?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:51 pm
Weeeeell, I found out a big ol' spoiler from a chick at The Horror Is Alive who went to some Capcom thing and played through the first four hours of it. I kinda suspected it, but I won't ruin it (as much as I'd like to).

...Or can those willing withstand not highlighting? twisted

YOU LOSE. Or just stop by THIA and find out for yourself.  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:56 pm
I think I'll spare myself the agony. That trailer alone put me off Resident Evil for at least a month. Recently I thought to myself, "It would be nice to replay REmake sometime in near future."
Well, that feeling's gone for a good while.
I think I need shock therapy against my own stupidity, so that I don't make the mistake of watching any more footage from RE5. Because before long, it might drive me to a point where I sell/trade off ALL my RE games, and never look back at the series, ever again. And I don't want it to get to that point.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:59 pm
Wow, overkill much? eek

Just because a new entry in the series arises, it's cause for tossing all your RE games out the window? I thought you cared about old-school RE, Bio. >_>

Also, as for the melodrama...
User Image  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:13 pm
Well, yes, I do care about old school RE. But I guarantee you that if I popped Remake into my system and started playing it right now, all I'd think about when looking at Jill, Chris or Wesker, is what those bastards at Capcom did to my favorite game series. I'd keep remembering that trailer and how they screwed up my favorite series.
And if I'm exposed to too much of that crap, then it'll get to the point where no amount of time could remove the memories of this terrible footage from my head, and its association with the REal RE.

It's already happened to FF7 after the ever terrible sequels/spinoffs. Though I think little by little, I'm starting to recuperate from that. Maybe in a few months, I'll be able to play and enjoy FF7 once again.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games