Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12694 12695 12696 12697 12698 12699 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

Cattra Nightblade

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:17 pm

PAU!

Waynebrizzle
l-Kriel-l
-Zephyrotica-
Mecca_Fish
-Zephyrotica-
fix'd

Oops, I forgot death metal and screamcore was emo. Oh wait, it's not. talk2hand
I couldn't find anywhere to add the words 'shock value'. Really, anyone can scream. It takes an artist to bring their feelings to life through words.

I can't scream. >_>

RUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

xd

TooHyphy

Vaettur

-Zephyrotica-
Mecca_Fish
-Zephyrotica-
Mecca_Fish
SuperArmadilo
@Turtle: what's wrong with screamo?

People can't appreciate the beauty of artistically laying yourself bare with the pure emotion literally transcribed into a scream. I'm with you though.
fix'd

I couldn't find anywhere to add the words 'shock value'. Really, anyone can scream obscure morbid phrases to sell a few CDs. It takes an artist to bring their feelings to life through words and actually make decent music that doesn't just end up sounding like noise.
I've heard really noisy bands that are still very emotional though.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:18 pm

-Zephyrotica-
Mecca_Fish
-Zephyrotica-
Mecca_Fish
SuperArmadilo

People can't appreciate the beauty of artistically laying yourself bare with the pure emotion literally transcribed into a scream. I'm with you though.
fix'd

I couldn't find anywhere to add the words 'shock value'. Really, anyone can scream obscure morbid phrases to sell a few CDs. It takes an artist to bring their feelings to life through words and notes and actually make decent music that doesn't just end up sounding like noise.

Not all screaming has to sound like noise. Protest The Hero's singer does some awesome screaming, and call that man what you will, a bad voice is the last thing he is.

Mecca_Fish

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:18 pm

Waynebrizzle
l-Kriel-l
-Zephyrotica-
Mecca_Fish
-Zephyrotica-
fix'd

I couldn't find anywhere to add the words 'shock value'. Really, anyone can scream. It takes an artist to bring their feelings to life through words.

I can't scream. >_>

YOU'RE SO ARTISTIC, WAYNE!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:19 pm

Akward Turtle
@Bet and Kuzo- Chill. I knew it was a joke. It wasn't funny. >_> But don't worry about it. c:
i loves you turtle =D

The Betgirl

Quotable Genius

Kuzodav

Mecca_Fish
-Zephyrotica-
Mecca_Fish
-Zephyrotica-
Mecca_Fish
SuperArmadilo

fix'd

I couldn't find anywhere to add the words 'shock value'. Really, anyone can scream obscure morbid phrases to sell a few CDs. It takes an artist to bring their feelings to life through words and notes and actually make decent music that doesn't just end up sounding like noise.

Not all screaming has to sound like noise. Protest The Hero's singer does some awesome screaming, and call that man what you will, a bad voice is the last thing he is.

He'd be a slow fat gurlie before he'd be a bad voice?

Mecca_Fish
SuperArmadilo
-Zephyrotica-
Mecca_Fish
SuperArmadilo

fix'd
screamo isn't emo music, that MCR crap is

Thank you.

Whereas emo music can scream, some people classify The Used as emo, and yea, they scream. If you don't like screaming, that's fine, but I don't think it's fair to cut them out of music altogether. That's awfully presumptuous, don't you think?

@Allegro: I've been waiting for some more songs to check out by them. =D
It's a gimmick. Screaming is something a band uses to make their music sound like it's hardcore. I don't mind when screaming is used like the Used uses it, with the occasional screech that generally reads 'anger and frustration', but it's really not necessary to bark out whole songs like you're being stabbed repeatedly in the stomach. It's not pleasant, it's not becoming, and it's not artistic. Not in the least.

5ir Psycho 5exy

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:20 pm

Kuzodav
Waynebrizzle
l-Kriel-l
-Zephyrotica-
Mecca_Fish
-Zephyrotica-
fix'd

I can't scream. >_>

I'm not dissing the music or anything, but I wonder how they write the lyrics to their music.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:20 pm

-Zephyrotica-
Mecca_Fish
SuperArmadilo
-Zephyrotica-
Mecca_Fish
SuperArmadilo

fix'd

Thank you.

Whereas emo music can scream, some people classify The Used as emo, and yea, they scream. If you don't like screaming, that's fine, but I don't think it's fair to cut them out of music altogether. That's awfully presumptuous, don't you think?

It's a gimmick. Screaming is something a band uses to make their music sound like it's hardcore. I don't mind when screaming is used like the Used uses it, with the occasional screech that generally reads 'anger and frustration', but it's really not necessary to bark out whole songs like you're being stabbed repeatedly in the stomach.

This.

The Awkwardest Turtle

Kuzodav

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:21 pm

-Zephyrotica-
Mecca_Fish
SuperArmadilo
-Zephyrotica-
Mecca_Fish
SuperArmadilo

fix'd

Thank you.

It's a gimmick. Screaming is something a band uses to make their music sound like it's hardcore. I don't mind when screaming is used like the Used uses it, with the occasional screech that generally reads 'anger and frustration', but it's really not necessary to bark out whole songs like you're being stabbed repeatedly in the stomach. It's not pleasant, it's not becoming, and it's not artistic. Not in the least.

XD
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:22 pm

-Zephyrotica-
Mecca_Fish
SuperArmadilo
-Zephyrotica-
Mecca_Fish
SuperArmadilo

fix'd

Thank you.

I ******** love The Used.
I mean The Desu.

TooHyphy

5ir Psycho 5exy

Waynebrizzle
Kuzodav
Waynebrizzle
l-Kriel-l
-Zephyrotica-

I can't scream. >_>

I'm not dissing the music or anything, but I wonder how they write the lyrics to their music.
They find a random profile on VampireFreaks.com and type out its contents.

-Zephyrotica-
Mecca_Fish
SuperArmadilo
-Zephyrotica-
Mecca_Fish
SuperArmadilo

fix'd

Thank you.

to you it's not, i would choose screamo over The Used any day, they aren't screamo if they don't scream more that 85% of the time, by my logic

and also, could YOU scream for an entire song? i think not!

estvpe

Allegro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:24 pm

User Image
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12694 12695 12696 12697 12698 12699 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games