Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12695 12696 12697 12698 12699 12700 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

TooHyphy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:25 pm

Allegro
User Image

rofl

-Zephyrotica-
Mecca_Fish
SuperArmadilo
-Zephyrotica-
Mecca_Fish
SuperArmadilo
@Turtle: what's wrong with screamo?

People can't appreciate the beauty of artistically laying yourself bare with the pure emotion literally transcribed into a scream. I'm with you though.
fix'd
screamo isn't emo music, that MCR crap is

Thank you.

Whereas emo music can scream, some people classify The Used as emo, and yea, they scream. If you don't like screaming, that's fine, but I don't think it's fair to cut them out of music altogether. That's awfully presumptuous, don't you think?

@Allegro: I've been waiting for some more songs to check out by them. =D
It's a gimmick. Screaming is something a band uses to make their music sound like it's hardcore. I don't mind when screaming is used like the Used uses it, with the occasional screech that generally reads 'anger and frustration', but it's really not necessary to bark out whole songs like you're being stabbed repeatedly in the stomach. It's not pleasant, it's not becoming, and it's not artistic. Not in the least.

Eh, whereas most bands do grow out of it. i.e. Atreyu, Avenged Sevefold, I still don't totally agree. I find their newer stuff just blows. xD Story of the Year is another band like The Used that uses it sparingly. I think there generally has to be a balance. That's why Atreyu has the harmonic voice of Brandon Saller, their drummer, and M. Shadows used to switch between both. Now he just stopped screaming and everything he does sounds crappier.

Mecca_Fish

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

Allegro
User Image

XDDD
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:26 pm

Allegro
User Image
rofl rofl

but that band sucks to talk2hand

estvpe

5ir Psycho 5exy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:26 pm

SuperArmadilo
-Zephyrotica-
Mecca_Fish
SuperArmadilo
-Zephyrotica-
fix'd

Thank you.

Whereas emo music can scream, some people classify The Used as emo, and yea, they scream. If you don't like screaming, that's fine, but I don't think it's fair to cut them out of music altogether. That's awfully presumptuous, don't you think?

It's a gimmick. Screaming is something a band uses to make their music sound like it's hardcore. I don't mind when screaming is used like the Used uses it, with the occasional screech that generally reads 'anger and frustration', but it's really not necessary to bark out whole songs like you're being stabbed repeatedly in the stomach. It's not pleasant, it's not becoming, and it's not artistic. Not in the least.
to you it's not, i would choose screamo over The Used any day, they aren't screamo if they don't scream more that 85% of the time, by my logic

and also, could YOU scream for an entire song? i think not!
I'd punch my own face in before I tried. Could your favorite screamo band's lead singer hit even a bar of the notes to The Great Gig In The Sky? I think not!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:27 pm

Some screaming is good some isn't... that's about it.

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

estvpe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:27 pm

-Zephyrotica-
SuperArmadilo
-Zephyrotica-
Mecca_Fish
SuperArmadilo
-Zephyrotica-
fix'd

Thank you.

to you it's not, i would choose screamo over The Used any day, they aren't screamo if they don't scream more that 85% of the time, by my logic

I'd punch my own face in before I tried. Could your favorite screamo band's lead singer hit even a bar of the notes to The Great Gig In The Sky? I think not!
you wanna bet?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:28 pm

-Zephyrotica-
SuperArmadilo
-Zephyrotica-
Mecca_Fish
SuperArmadilo
-Zephyrotica-
fix'd

Thank you.

Actually, you've got the lungs to belt out a screamo song if you wanted. xD I definitely won't deny you that.

Mecca_Fish

TooHyphy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:28 pm

Mecca_Fish
-Zephyrotica-
Mecca_Fish
SuperArmadilo
-Zephyrotica-
fix'd

Thank you.

Eh, whereas most bands do grow out of it. i.e. Atreyu, Avenged Sevefold, I still don't totally agree. I find their newer stuff just blows. xD Story of the Year is another band like The Used that uses it sparingly. I think there generally has to be a balance. That's why Atreyu has the harmonic voice of Brandon Saller, their drummer, and M. Shadows used to switch between both. Now he just stopped screaming and everything he does sounds crappier.

Yeah.
City of Evil was great. What I've heard of Waking The Fallen is awesome, too.
The new album is...not so great.
And Atreyu's older stuff was great, too. >_>
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:30 pm

ARGUMENTS ABSTRACT THINGS LIKE TASTE IN MUSIC ARE AWESOME BECAUSE ONE SIDE CAN TOTALLY WIN AND THE OTHER SIDE WILL TOTALLY SEE THE ******** yeah!

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

TooHyphy

Regulust
Some screaming is good some isn't... that's about it.

Thank you, Reg.

l-Kriel-l
Mecca_Fish
-Zephyrotica-
Mecca_Fish
SuperArmadilo
-Zephyrotica-
fix'd

Thank you.

Yeah.
City of Evil was great. What I've heard of Waking The Fallen is awesome, too.
The new album is...not so great.
And Atreyu's older stuff was great, too. >_>
i hate bands like that, they're nothing compared to some not as well known bands

estvpe

Allegro

Well it looks like...
cool
on the internet, nobody can hear you scream.

Kuzodav
ARGUMENTS ABSTRACT THINGS LIKE TASTE IN MUSIC ARE AWESOME BECAUSE ONE SIDE CAN TOTALLY WIN AND THE OTHER SIDE WILL TOTALLY SEE THE ******** yeah!

Hey you like ham sandwiches?

hah.

Turkey is better you fool.

Waynebrizzle

5ir Psycho 5exy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:31 pm

l-Kriel-l
Allegro
User Image

rofl
This. Best thing ever.

@Armadillo: Sure. 2:17 to about 2:30.
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12695 12696 12697 12698 12699 12700 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games