Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "COS" ^Can O Spam^
Moonie's Ramblings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 2594 2595 2596 2597 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:07 pm
I'm back from lunch.

Getting my backpack ready for my first day of my Native American Literature class tomorrow. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:08 pm
The American Idol page on Facebook just posted an announcement about Season 10 auditions.

Someday I plan on auditioning for American Idol. I only have 7 more years until I'm too old to be auditioning for it. Hmm... when, oh when, should I do my audition? whee  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:10 pm
The audition location that's closest to me, the auditions will take place on August 19... for this year's auditions anyway.

I wouldn't be in school at that time... but unfortunately I have my school orientation at that time. *sighs* Guess I'll have to wait another year to audition. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:16 pm
And I'm being serious about wanting to try out for American Idol. Pretty much ever since the first season I've had the interest of trying out, but I was never sure what all took place for the auditions ((the main concern was whether it costed anything to audition - which it doesn't look like it)). But now that I've got a better idea of what all goes on for the auditions, I'm more willing to go out and do it. 3nodding And I don't want to do it just because I'll be on TV. *shakes head* No, I want to do it seriously. If I don't make it, then I'll be okay with it. At least I would be accomplishing my dream of auditioning for American Idol.

Just sucks that the time that I think of doing it, Simon Cowell won't be around anymore. I always thought it would be interesting to see what he would say to my audition. xd  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:19 pm
*goes back to finish getting her backpack ready for school*  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:27 pm
Okay. Done with that.

Now to put away laundry.

smile  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:48 pm
*listens to music*  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:49 pm
*dances around*  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:53 pm
Just not very motivated to do anything except for listen to music and chat here in Why Not. xd I just finally finished sorting my laundry out, so I can start putting it away, lol.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:54 pm
*listens to "Girl I Told Ya" by Valerie*

I love this song! And I love the music video too. I want to wear Valerie's pink Princess dress. 3nodding

Whenever I watched the music video, I always pictured me being Valerie, and my friend Allena as Aria. sweatdrop  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:04 pm
I always like songs that I can edit and incorporate my nickname into. I think I first started doing it with Fergie's "Fergalicious"... but there's a possibility I did with Ciara's "One Two Step" before that.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:11 pm
My nickname in real life is Kissa-Hime, Kissa for short. Kissa is Finnish for "cat" and Japanese for "tea drinking". Hime is Japanese for "princess".

During my first year of Japanese (during high school days), we were learning how to write and say our names in Japanese. Since we were beginners at the language, and some of our names be very long and sort of hard to pronounce, our teacher allowed us to create nicknames to use instead - as long as they were similar to our real name. My name in Japanese is KURISUCHIN (Coo-re-sue-chi-n). I was one of the people who ended up creating a nickname to use instead. For some reason I was randomly looking up words on an online dictionary that had multiple languages to choose from... and I ended up discovering that the Finnish word for cat was "Kissa". Since that was something that I would write in Japanese, and was similiar to my name, I ended up using it. It wasn't until the end of my second year of Japanese that I learned that Kissa was a real Japanese word ((pronounced the same as it is said in Finnish)) - "tea drinking." Since I love tea, I was pleased to find out this meaning. "Hime" had been a nickname that my [now frist ex-]boyfriend used to call me by. After we broke up, I had abandoned using it, and used "Kissa" instead. After a couple years, I ended up bringing "Hime" back combining it with the other nickname, thus creating "Kissa-Hime." My discovery of meanings for "Kissa" didn't stop there. I later found out during my first year or so of college that Kissa is a real baby name. An African baby name to be exact, meaning "born after twins." Being an only child, most people won't think this fits, but it does. I was born on the cusp of Gemini/Cancer. If you're not familiar with your astrology, Cancer is represented by the crab, and Gemini is represented by the twins. Get it? "Born after twins" - Cancer comes after Gemini (twins). biggrin How cool is that?  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:26 pm
Anyway, now that you know the history, I'll go back to the earlier statement that I made about incorporating my nickname into songs. Here are some of the songs I've edited so far:

Ciara - "One Two Step"
♪♫ Ladies and gentlemen
This is a Jazze Phizzle Productshizzle
"Missy", The princess is here "Ciara Kissa"♫♪

Fergie - "Fergalicious"
♪♫ Ferga Kissalicious definition
Make them boys go crazy
They always claim they know me
Comin' to me call me Stacy Christy
(Hey Stacy Christy)

I'm the F to the E, R, G, the I, the E K to the I, to the S, S of A
And can't no other lady put it down like me ♫♪

((Note: My real name is Christine. So people who don't me well enough often call me by the wrong name - variations of my real name. Christy is one of those variations I've been called. Also, you may be wondering why I did "...S of A" for the end. Not sure why, but I've always done that when I've sung to the song using my variation. Probably my way of incorporating my American pride, lol.))

Lady Gaga - "Just Dance"
♪♫ RedOne Red Wine, Konvict
GaGa Kissa, oh-oh, eh

I've had a little bit too much, much
All of the people start to rush, start to rush by
How does he twist the dance? Can't find a drink, oh man
Where are my keys? I lost my phone, phone ♫♪

((Note: When I first heard the song the first few times, I thought it was saying "Red Wine", not "RedOne" - especially when Gaga later goes on that she's had a little bit too much... which I automatically thought of alcohol - the red wine. Even though I know what it really says, I still sing "Red Wine," lol.))

Valeria - "Girl I Told Ya"
♪♫ K there's a motion detector
So you gotta lay low
Til' you get to the keypad
Here's my secret code

To the V, to the A, to the L, to the E
To the R, to the I, to the A

To the K, to the I, to the S, to the S, to the A
To the Hi, to the Me
What's that say? ♫♪

((Note: This song is the first one that I've incorporate "Hime" into. If you incorporated the hiragana into the second to last line, this is what it would like - "To the ひ, to the め."))  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:35 pm
So yeah. 3nodding That's what I do randomly with songs, lol.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:41 pm
*dances to a remix version of "Love Game"*

I remember when I first discovered this song, I suddenly got into the mood/obsession over Cupid from the TV series Cupid. I even made my own wallpaper using a promo poster for the series. I'm pretty impressed with the wallpaper I ended up making.  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 2594 2595 2596 2597 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games