Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12881 12882 12883 12884 12885 12886 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:08 pm

Let's go let's go let's go now
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:09 pm

Ribbin
-Zephyrotica-
Kagura_Sohma
-Zephyrotica-
I don't think Kag's art is worth 5, honestly. sweatdrop

its 4 actually
No offense, but that's why I've never ordered. For art of that size and detail level, I'd pay maybe 2.5, if I was feeling generous.

I'm going to stick with Orphie and say that putting effort like that for a small amount of gold is taking advantage of the artist.

I saw a girl selling pictures of herself with an avatar's name on it for 1k. 2.5k is unfair for anything that's not a sketch. When you put that much work into the colouring then 4k is completely fair.
It takes about 3 days of posting to make 2.5k. It takes about 10 minutes of coloring to fill in a headshot. Seriously. neutral I feel like a criminal charging for my art at all, and I consider myself fairly talented.

5ir Psycho 5exy

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:11 pm

Owwin
Regulust
Honestly I've only been in like 2 fights, and one I was winning then the guy punched me in the face and I was out cold for like 3 hours. sweatdrop
AHHHH Reg has to play as Glass Joe if we ever play Punch Out online. I decree it.

Honestly I was kidding about being a good fighter. I may fight cheap but I do it cause I'd be even worse if I fought fairly.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:12 pm

-Zephyrotica-
Ribbin
-Zephyrotica-
Kagura_Sohma
-Zephyrotica-

its 4 actually
No offense, but that's why I've never ordered. For art of that size and detail level, I'd pay maybe 2.5, if I was feeling generous.

I'm going to stick with Orphie and say that putting effort like that for a small amount of gold is taking advantage of the artist.

I saw a girl selling pictures of herself with an avatar's name on it for 1k. 2.5k is unfair for anything that's not a sketch. When you put that much work into the colouring then 4k is completely fair.
It takes about 3 days of posting to make 2.5k. It takes about 10 minutes of coloring to fill in a headshot. Seriously. neutral I feel like a criminal charging for my art at all, and I consider myself fairly talented.
People would post even if they didn't make gold though. It is almost like giving somebody burger wrappers to do something for you. Posting is fun, who cares about the gold.

Owwin

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

-Zephyrotica-
Ribbin
-Zephyrotica-
Kagura_Sohma
-Zephyrotica-

its 4 actually

Who cares honestly? If she wants to charge 4K for her art she should be allowed. Atleast she doesn't sell it for 800K to 1 mill like this one chick was.

Regulust
Owwin
Regulust
Honestly I've only been in like 2 fights, and one I was winning then the guy punched me in the face and I was out cold for like 3 hours. sweatdrop
AHHHH Reg has to play as Glass Joe if we ever play Punch Out online. I decree it.

Honestly I was kidding about being a good fighter. I may fight cheap but I do it cause I'd be even worse if I fought fairly.
That's no excuse. I've been in and witnessed lots of fights, and from what I've seen, as soon as you start fighting cheap, so do they. If you pulled that biting or hair-pulling s**t on anyone I knew, they would grab you by your hair, throw you on the sidewalk, and punch you in the face until you weren't recognizable. It's better to lose like a man than to win like a p***y.

5ir Psycho 5exy

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:13 pm

-Zephyrotica-
Ribbin
-Zephyrotica-
Kagura_Sohma
-Zephyrotica-

its 4 actually

In the end, people pay for it because it's a fair price. If you want to underprice your art because you think it's fair. By all means. But she gets a LOT of customers charging what she's charging, and to go under that would be just stupid.

Owwin
People would post even if they didn't make gold though. It is almost like giving somebody burger wrappers to do something for you. Posting is fun, who cares about the gold.
Tell that to the hundred-thousand-page bump threads in the chatterbax.

5ir Psycho 5exy

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Regulust
Owwin
Regulust

Pacifism is funny, because people may beat you to the punch, but they get it in the end. It's like it's own special brand of passive-aggression. biggrin
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:14 pm

Regulust
Owwin
Regulust

Fighting is futile anyway. I have never been in a full on fight. I have been assaulted, but I still have a 0 win 0 loss 0 KO record.

Owwin

Owwin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:14 pm

-Zephyrotica-
Owwin
Tell that to the hundred-thousand-page bump threads in the chatterbax.
I will lets raid it. PAU
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:17 pm

Ribbin
In the end, people pay for it because it's a fair price. If you want to underprice your art because you think it's fair. By all means. But she gets a LOT of customers charging what she's charging, and to go under that would be just stupid.
26 customers in 2 months is a lot? She could do 10 of those headshots a day, and it would probably only take up a few hours of her time. If the prices are fair, then it has to be the skill level holding her back, right?

5ir Psycho 5exy

Kagura_Sohma

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:18 pm

-Zephyrotica-
Ribbin
26 customers in 2 months is a lot? She could do 10 of those headshots a day, and it would probably only take up a few hours of her time. If the prices are fair, then it has to be the skill level holding her back, right?

sweetie
i stopped posting how many customers ive had
i got sick of posting the name and the picture
ive had over 100 customers
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:19 pm

Wantcookie
Owwin
I do think avi art is silly though. I like doing art of original characters a lot more, that way it doesn't feel as mass produced.

Which is why I usually try to have a theme to my avatars instead of just whatever looks good. It would appear that we've reached the same point from opposite ends of the spectrum. xd
@LPS: I get the feeling that if we were to hold a massive Cult get-together, we would be split into three groups: two opposing groups, and the people who tend to get along with everyone, like T and myself.

cool

You all would be interesting to meet in person.

...I still feel a little subconcious about how I look, though. redface

I may be nice, but I wouldn't want my outer appearance to offend anyone.

I mean, I'm not bad looking or anything, but...

I just feel somewhat awkward...

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

5ir Psycho 5exy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:19 pm

Kagura_Sohma
-Zephyrotica-
Ribbin

sweetie
i stopped posting how many customers ive had
i got sick of posting the name and the picture
ive had over 100 customers
Just like you got sick of doing it, right?

Seriously, how long has Roach been waiting for art he'd wanted for Valentines' day?
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12881 12882 12883 12884 12885 12886 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games