Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil 5 Discussion:: The Infection Spreads Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:32 am

Well, I don't mean to come across as a Sony fanboy, because I'm really not. But with the PS3, for the most part, I really think they got it right this time.

And Angela, I hear ya. Most strangers I come across online via PS3 or 360 are obnoxious douchenozzles who really need to turn off their headset.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:41 pm

Hey everybody, I reserved my Resident Evil 5 with the 360.

NobleSinfinity

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:52 pm

Thee Stranger
I don't find backwards compatibility to be much of an issue, because if I want to play my PS1 and PS2 games, all I have to do is turn on my PS2. And lets not forget that 360's backwards compatibility is nothing to write home about. There's been many issues with it. My 360 model doesn't even have it at all. The reason they took the backwards compatibility out of the PS3 was to make it more affordable.

Another couple pros with PS3 is it's wireless is built-in. If you want to get wireless with the 360, you have to buy a $100 wireless adapter separately (not including the cost for an XBOX LIVE membership). So that right there already brings the 60GB 360's price up to $400. Also take into consideration that with the 360's wireless controllers, you have to either constantly replace the batteries or get a battery charger, which costs more money. With the PS3, you can charge the wireless controllers right through the USB port that's built-in to the system. And as already stated, every 360 owner here has had their 360 s**t the bed on them at some point, and had to send it in to be either fixed or replaced.

So when you really get down to it, PS3 isn't a whole lot more expensive than the 360, because it comes right out of the box with features that you have to buy separately with XBOX 360.

And PS3's online is fine. It has just about all the same features that LIVE does. No, it's not as good as LIVE (LIVE has a lot more content), but it is free. Like I said, you get what you pay for. You can still play online with your friends, download stuff, trailers, games, etc. I'm perfectly content with it.

And I personally could care less about Blu-Ray. I don't even have an HDTV, so.

I'm gonna call bullshit on that. Please do not automatically assume EVERYONE here has had their 360's crash on them. I've had mine for over 2 years now and it's still in great condition.

And I don't think Sony has done it right yet, neither has Microsoft either. Sony is closer to being right than Microsoft.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:57 pm

You're very lucky. 3nodding

I'm jealous. evil

MadamTarantula

NobleSinfinity

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:23 pm

I've had my older 360 since it came out and it never once redringed on me, but had a disc tray problem, which wasn't under the warranty, so when I wrapped it in foil and left it in a confined drawer for two days to get it to redring, it would not.

Just bought the cheap $150 Arcade and has yet to show any problems for a year.
There actually is a $25 dollar adapter that's also compatible for the 360 which you can save $75 dollars on instead of buying Microsoft's wireless adapter.

I personally got the 360 since it's a game system with games which is what I want it for, not some blu-ray player or internet browser/mini computer.
Perhaps if they made all the games for both the systems would it be worth considering buying as a game system.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:46 pm

Elliot Salem
I'm gonna call bullshit on that. Please do not automatically assume EVERYONE here has had their 360's crash on them. I've had mine for over 2 years now and it's still in great condition.

And I don't think Sony has done it right yet, neither has Microsoft either. Sony is closer to being right than Microsoft.

Sorry, random dude who pops in here and there every once in a blue moon. I was referring to everybody who had actually been posting in this thread that was a 360 owner -- that being AngelaAshford, Vankala, and myself. We've all had our 360's s**t the bed. I've had to replace my 360 twice. First time, the disk tray stopped working properly. One day, the tray just wouldn't open. It wouldn't open or shut unless their was a game in it. I lived with it like that for a while, but then one day as I was switching games, the tray automatically shut before I could put a game in there. So I had to try pry it open for the 20th time, and I eventually decided to send it in and have it repaired, and then it just completely shat out on me a month after I got it back. It was no longer covered under the warranty at that time, so I had to buy a whole new one. And then that one shat out on me. My brother had to have his 360 replaced, and so did another one of my friends when he tried to watch a DVD on it, after he had had it for about a week.

So the fact that your 360 hasn't crashed makes you one of the lucky ones, as almost every 360 owner I know has had to send theirs in at one point or another. It's not bullshit. It's not like I'm making this s**t up.

And I said for the most part, I think they got it right. I never said they had it completely right, or that Microsoft sucks or something. Mainly what I meant is that the hardware isn't flimsy, like the original PS1 and PS2 models.

@Sinfinity: Where can I find this $25 adapter? Brand name?

Thee Stranger

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:31 pm

Oh wow, that's real bad luck you've had. sweatdrop

Me and my husband have two 360's, and one had to get replaced once, while the other twice. But the second time is pending because we haven't sent it in yet, because they now require you to print a mailing label off the internet instead of just sending us a box to return it in, and we've never gotten around to getting our ink refilled. I think it's been a few months, so they might make us pay for the repairs now. -_-
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:25 am

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/ele/1046467558.html

^
You could use that one off of craigslist for the original xbox.

You can also use a Linksys variant purchased at any store, but it requires looking up how to do it on the internet, but it's understandable why they make it difficult to figure out how to do because they gain $75 dollars everytime they sell the microsoft 360 adaptor instead of the variant $25 dollar one.

Just google $25 dollar xbox adapter and you'll find how to do it.

NobleSinfinity

FemBot684

4,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:55 am

@ Thee Stranger: I'm in that listing as well. had a red ring and luckily my disc tray was loose at the same time so both repairs were done. i haven't EVER met anyone who has had an xbox for over 2 years without it breaking.

and sony's flimsy hardware has been evil to me in the past, two ps2s broke right AFTER the warranty expired, but the ps3 has been good so far.

i would like for there to be more exclusive games instead of multi platform. that way the developers can exploit the full limit of one system without wasting the other's. for example, more games that use the ps3's graphic power to the limit like MGS4 and not having to hold back for multi platform capabilities.

i guess that's rather unfair for 360 users though because it's like saying "anything made on the 360 can be ported to the ps3, but not the other way around." but i don't see how that would anybody's fault. it's just how they're made and the separate features of each system.

i iz done beeing philosofikal xd
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:27 pm

There's more 360-unique games than there are PS3's though

I was quite surprised when they said they released Resident Evil 5 for all the platforms because it wasn't on the original xbox at all and apparently the head designer was a sony/nintendo fanboy and hated microsoft with a great disgust.

NobleSinfinity

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:30 pm

zeldagirl684
i guess that's rather unfair for 360 users though because it's like saying "anything made on the 360 can be ported to the ps3, but not the other way around."

Even though I'm not buying it...

FFXIII would like to speak to you. razz
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:37 pm

ROFL!

HAha... Oh FFXIII... I still don't know which console I want. I might just shell out the dough for a PS3 in the future... x.x

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:48 pm

I'd definitely get it for the PS3. 3nodding
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:04 pm

Thee Stranger
Elliot Salem

Sorry, random dude who pops in here and there every once in a blue moon. I was referring to everybody who had actually been posting in this thread that was a 360 owner -- that being AngelaAshford, Vankala, and myself. We've all had our 360's s**t the bed. I've had to replace my 360 twice. First time, the disk tray stopped working properly. One day, the tray just wouldn't open. It wouldn't open or shut unless their was a game in it. I lived with it like that for a while, but then one day as I was switching games, the tray automatically shut before I could put a game in there. So I had to try pry it open for the 20th time, and I eventually decided to send it in and have it repaired, and then it just completely shat out on me a month after I got it back. It was no longer covered under the warranty at that time, so I had to buy a whole new one. And then that one shat out on me. My brother had to have his 360 replaced, and so did another one of my friends when he tried to watch a DVD on it, after he had had it for about a week.

So the fact that your 360 hasn't crashed makes you one of the lucky ones, as almost every 360 owner I know has had to send theirs in at one point or another. It's not bullshit. It's not like I'm making this s**t up.

And I said for the most part, I think they got it right. I never said they had it completely right, or that Microsoft sucks or something. Mainly what I meant is that the hardware isn't flimsy, like the original PS1 and PS2 models.

@Sinfinity: Where can I find this $25 adapter? Brand name?

If I'm not mistaken, I've posted in this thread, just not recently. I do believe in the past in this thread, I've shown that I do have a 360. Seeing as how you said EVERY 360 OWNER HERE, I can safely call bullshit on it, because the fact that mine hasn't crashed, or needed to be repaired disproves your statement.

By the way, I'm not just 'some random dude' so please don't address me as such. I do believe I have a name perfectly visible.

Elliot Salem

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games