Welcome to Gaia! ::

Angel Eclipse

Back to Guilds

A unique role playing community! 

Tags: Roleplaying, Fantasy, Adventure, Angel, Eclipse 

Reply Role Playing [Verspya]
Talking while you role play Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 ... 1662 1663 1664 1665 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CactiAndCanaries

Quotable Elocutionist

10,250 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:43 pm

due to the fact that ucchan lives in Canada there is a high chance that she will have 1.0-1.9 births in her life time

XD dont ask me what a 1.9 birth is, im assuming its one whole baby and a baby without feet
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:46 pm

since alot of us live in the US we will have 2.0- 2.9 births in our life time. Another baby without feet.

Since shoxie lives on the other side of the world he wont have to suffer a baby without feet because he's a guy

CactiAndCanaries

Quotable Elocutionist

10,250 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:52 pm

My child is a small furry creature that meows. That's one. One more to go I guess?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:01 pm

ucchan you have a brother right?
which one of you doesnt have feet?

CactiAndCanaries

Quotable Elocutionist

10,250 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:13 pm

We both have feet. My feet are size 8 and my brother's is size 13.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:14 pm

XD hey wait! you gave birth to a cat?

CactiAndCanaries

Quotable Elocutionist

10,250 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:28 pm

User Image
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:52 pm

XD thats what i thought of too

CactiAndCanaries

Quotable Elocutionist

10,250 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:53 am

It's tens years later, so lets' reflect what you were doing and what you were feeling during the attacks a decade ago. I will start(this will be long):

I was 15 or 16 at the time. I live in Newfoundland Canada, the most eastern land mass of North America. We were a little less technologically advanced than most. While we had cell phones and such then, extremely few of us actually had internet on them. And not everyone had a cell phone(me included). So the news of the attacks actually came on the radio. However, we were not informed of the attacks by our teachers. Around lunchtime we started getting hints that something really bad might have happened. However most of us thought it was bogus information at the time. One thing in particular I remembered was when I was going home on the school bus. It was a beautiful cloudless day, actually much like it is today, ten years later. The skies were blue and empty. When I came home, I went to the living room and saw Mom and Dad sat in front of the TV, deathly silent. It was then that I understood that something horrible had happened. I watched what was going on. I watched it for a few hours. I thought for a moment that it was just a movie or something, or some kind of sick joke. Sometime after supper we get a phone call from my brother, who was a student in the university in St. John's at the time. St. John's is the capital of our province and has the largest airport on the island. After the attacks, no planes were allowed to land in the area of the attacks. So hundreds of planes filled with thousands of confused Americans were landing in the St. John's airport and the Gander airport in the middle of the island. One of the university's buildings was used to house some of the people, and my brother volunteered to help out. He tells us of the pure depression that was in that building. He said that it was so terrible seeing all these confused and sad people sitting on mats on the floor, hugging each other and holding hands, all while watching those monuments to civilization fall on television. It was a big day for many of us here. Many Americans had to stay there for months without their families or their friends. All they had to depend on was the help of complete strangers. However I try to see the positive of things whenever I can. From that day spawned many new friendships, many alliances. A lot of the people who were here still keep in touch today. Hundreds of families here took complete strangers into their homes and made them family too. The pure amount of teamwork it took to keep ourselves and our American refugees safe was staggering. It was an incredibly hard three months, but it was three months of hope rising from the darkness.
Thinking about it today, ten years later, there are two things that really piss me off. The first thing is an announcement president Bush made that Canada was harboring terrorists. The next thing is on a medical standpoint. When the attacks happened, thousands of people rushed to donate blood. While that's a good thing, unfortunately there were no spikes of people needing the blood. So four months after the attacks marks the most biggest waste of blood in known history.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:44 am

I was 8 when it happened and to be honest my mom did her best to sheild me from what happened, which wasnt hard because at the time my parents were fighting and my dad was having his moments. I actually didnt know that the twin towers fell until a few years later ^_^;
pluse I was traveling alot and tended to move from school, to school

CactiAndCanaries

Quotable Elocutionist

10,250 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Cecily D Aria
Crew

Versatile Explorer

11,825 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:52 am

Yeah, I was almost nine and in third grade. The attacks happened very shortly after my mother dropped me and my brother off at school. I remember that the teacher had to leave for a short while, and when she came back, she was very solemn. She told us in a gentle way what had happened. It was very scary, sicne my best friend's mother was in New York City at the time. We didn't actually get in contact with her for a few days, but thankfully she was alright. I also remember my next door neighbor, who I think was in high school, scaring the younger kids by saying all these things like 'we're at war now' and 'the enemy will probably bomb somewhere near here.' It scared me so much that I didn't want to go outside for a few days.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:06 am

I was eleven. In 6th grade... And when the planes had hit... I had been dropped off at school... My dad was on his way out of town, and when the hijacking happened, he was sitting in the DFW airport waiting for his plane to arrive. That's the part that scared me the most.

At 10ish TX time, when my class was coming in from recess, we were told. I panicked. I knew my father traveled, he didn't typically tell us when or where he was going. I didn't even find out where he'd been until this past year. While many other students were picked up from classes and rushed home I stayed... And stayed... My next door neighbor came to pick up her son, and I begged her for information... She couldn't give me any. I had to stay at school and then ride the bus home. When I got there and saw my dad's car in the drive way, I cried. I spent the rest of the afternoon avoiding the news, I couldn't watch as those tons of steel and glass came down on peoples heads. I had to watch something stupid, cartoons, anything.

Five years later as a White Elephant gift, one of my cousins got that 9/11 movie for me and my brother. I still can't watch it. It's still in it's packaging in our DVD library. Anytime I really think about what happened, my throat closes up, and I can practically feel my chest tightening in panic again.

And Ucchan, I think they were talking about how the terrorists learned to fly the planes from a Canadian based airport and instructor. I don't think Canada was keeping the terrorists safe from us, they were just as duped as we (The American civilians) were prior to the attacks.

Hiraru Sagara

Magic Hunter

17,075 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Bookworm 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:17 am

No I'm pretty sure he had us lumped together with North Korea at one point. Later he apologized or something but I still can't stand him. I specifically remember him actually accusing Canadians as terrorists. America can't say much about us training terrorists or whatever when they let said terrorists work in the US. We were equally duped that's for sure.
I hear you guys have five minutes of silence every year on this day. Is that true? I wouldn't know because we never actually did that(unless it's November 11 which is a different reason).

Geez I feel old. All you guys were just kids when it happened ^_^;
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:25 am

I don't remember that, but it wouldn't surprise he if he did say that Canada was harboring terrorists. A lot of things were said like that, regardless of their correctness, especially close to the attacks. So stupid, some of it.

Cecily D Aria
Crew

Versatile Explorer

11,825 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:35 am

Yeah it was shortly after the attacks actually. I think he even had us included in his little 'axis of evil' crap for a short while until he realized that we're not out to bomb the living daylights out of them. Actually I think it was the same year that during the NHL, an American team thought they were being respectful to us by putting our flag on their changing room floors so they could trample on it. That and my bro told me that same year Americans booed our national anthem when it was being sung before a hockey game. It was a stupid horrible year for many of us.
Role Playing [Verspya]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 ... 1662 1663 1664 1665 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games