Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Raccoon Cinema:: (Movies, Music, Etc.)
::Official Resident Evil Degeneration CG Thread:: Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Think it's gonna be awesome?
  Of course ;D
  Eh maybe :/
  Nah it's gonna suck D:
View Results

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:43 pm
That's exactly what I said. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:47 pm
Anyway, so the trailer for Degeneration did what it's supposed to. Gave us some info and made us want more of it. It brings back the t-virus, which is a bonus, and brings back Claire.  

Elliot Salem

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:52 pm
Oka, I watched the trailer, and at the beginning I said, "Actually, Leon's jacket looks cooler now because it doesn't have that trendy fur collar."

But then he takes off his jacket and he looks IDENTICAL to his RE4 look. WHYY!?

Also, Notte mentioned that they brought back the music, that's just a trailer. There hasn't been many trailers that actually featured the soundtrack in them.

Heck they probably haven't even wrote the score yet.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:00 pm
So Bio, can someone not just like to wear a certain shirt? Let's see, it's just a dark blue shirt, with dark pants and a brown, leather torso holster. That's it. Nothing more or less.  

Elliot Salem

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:13 pm
It's identical to his RE4 look. That's something you do in cartoons, have the character wear the same thing every time.

Well Like I said if it:

Doesn't mention any of the new characters introduced in RE4.
Doesn't mention any of the events that happened in RE4, including Leon's reunion with Ada and Umbrella's Downfall.
Doesn't show Leon doing backflips and jumping through windows.
Stays true to what the classic RE games established.
Is scripted well, and doesn't have Leon pull any lame one liners.

I MIGHT watch it.

EDIT: Oh, and I didn't mention it because Leon or Claire weren't in it, but naturally, it has to ignore the events of Umbrella Chronicles as well.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:59 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
It's identical to his RE4 look. That's something you do in cartoons, have the character wear the same thing every time.

Well Like I said if it:

Doesn't mention any of the new characters introduced in RE4.
Doesn't mention any of the events that happened in RE4, including Leon's reunion with Ada and Umbrella's Downfall.
Doesn't show Leon doing backflips and jumping through windows.
Stays true to what the classic RE games established.
Is scripted well, and doesn't have Leon pull any lame one liners.

I MIGHT watch it.

EDIT: Oh, and I didn't mention it because Leon or Claire weren't in it, but naturally, it has to ignore the events of Umbrella Chronicles as well.

Well, seeing as Bio's glass is half empty...

Bio, what WOULD have to be in the movie for you to want to watch it?  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:10 pm
Everything that's already confirmed in the movie. T-Virus, zombies. Jill would've been a bonus INSTEAD of Leon.

It's not about what's in it, it's about what's not in it. Resident Evil would be good WITHOUT RE4 or UC.

It's like... They have what they need... Now as long as they don't add a bunch of garbage, and screw it up... Which I'm not getting my hopes up for.

Like I said I don't acknowledge RE4 and UC as part of the franchise, so if it mentions either one of them, then there's no point.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:19 pm
I can see it now, Bio, in the theater. Leon and Claire are talking. Claire: So what have you been up to these past few years?"
Leon: I joined the secret service and my first assignment was the rescue the President's Daughter."
Bio get's up and leaves. Bio, face it, it's not gonna be exactly as you want it, but then again, if everything was how YOU wanted it, then things would get repetitive.
Let's see, why should you see it? Well, it brought back ONE of the things you've been talking about for awhile. It brought back the T-Virus. It brought back zombies. The thing is Bio, you want to many things. Capcom cannot fulfill all of those things. It's people like you, that bash a game like GTA IV because they wanted to test something out and see how people would react to better graphics and story, sans alot of interesting and fun activities.  

Elliot Salem

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:24 pm
Umbrella Chronicles brought back T-Virus and zombies as well, it was still a terrible storyline.

And wait... How people would react to a BETTER story? Please, show me a better story. Cause I didn't see it in RE4 OR UC.

And don't talk about people like me. There are no people like me. I'm one of a kind, trust me. If I bash GTA4 for anything it's portraying Russians as being so ugly.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:40 pm
One game brought them back in a bad way. Let's see, from what we know about Degeneration, terrorists or an unknown group release the t-Virus in an Airport or possibly on a plane (the one that crashed), Claire's there, probably from a trip, and Leon is there. Can't think of a reason. They are thrown into another infection.
As I said before, we don't know much about the story, but so far, it's looking good.
One of a kind? I don't think so. No on is as unique as they think, except the guy who is walking around with a thong on the outside of shorts, with a flip flop on one foot and a hiking boot on the other, with a bright purple glove on one hand. So, a 30-40 something Russian male who has fought in a war, and has almost died has to look good? Not everyone in the world looks good Bio.
And what I meant by people like you, I meant people who b***h and moan and complain because they didn't add this to a game, or they did something that YOU didn't like.  

Elliot Salem

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:48 pm
Well, that's why I'm waiting until the movie comes out and until someone like Canass goes to see it and tells me whether it references the bad RE games.

Actually, Elliot, I see it the other way. Everyone is unique. There's no two people who are exacly alike. So I really dislike terms like, "People like you."

And hey, I only complain about things that I'm passionate about. And Resident Evil was one of those things. Video games are my passion, and Resident Evil used to be my absolutely favorite franchise. So can you blame me for complaining that Capcom has completely ruined it for me?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:11 am
First, I'd like to say, that sleeping got me out of my mood.

There are billions of people on Earth. To say that not even one is alike someone else is just idiotic. Yes, everyone is unique, but there are always two or more people who think, act, or even look like you. Not an exact look though, just that if they saw from a distance, they'd think it was you until they got closer.
Again, I used it to mean people who b***h and moan about a game because it doesn't do something they wanted it too.
Here we go for you, WAS, key word, past tense. So, since it's not one of the things you're passionate about now, you can't really complain about it. See, there's a limit. You claim to have been passionate about the RE games, yet, when something appears to be coming out, you immediately jump the gun.  

Elliot Salem

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:42 am
I never said WAS passionate. I'm still passionate about RE. I just can't call it my favorite series anymore since technically, I hate two of its titles. But... I hate them with a passion, if that counts. Either way, the classic games still put it as #3 on my top favorite game series, so pardon me for being upset that one of my favorite games has been bastardized.
Maybe it's not about keeping things the same. Maybe it's about knowing when to say, "The End." If Resident Evil gets stale, end the series. Or if you're gonna make something like RE4, at least make it in a whole new continuity so that it doesn't tarnish the classics, which is what it did. It tarnished the artificial universe of Resident Evil as we knew it. That's why I don't want to hear the mention of it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:42 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, that's why I'm waiting until the movie comes out and until someone like Canass goes to see it and tells me whether it references the bad RE games.

Actually, Elliot, I see it the other way. Everyone is unique. There's no two people who are exacly alike. So I really dislike terms like, "People like you."

And hey, I only complain about things that I'm passionate about. And Resident Evil was one of those things.
Video games are my passion, and Resident Evil used to be my absolutely favorite franchise. So can you blame me for complaining that Capcom has completely ruined it for me?

Actually, yes, you did say WAS.

Now, I'm gonna spare you the long rant that I had going on and just say this, we know you don't like RE4 and UC. We know you don't acknowledge them as part of the canon, but since Capcom has pretty much gone with it, well, there's nothing you can do. Just ignore it, if you don't like them, why keep bringing them up?  

Elliot Salem

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:46 am
All I said was, I might watch Degeneration if it mentions nothing of those two games. That's it. That's not even a complaint. I'm gonna find out ahead of time if that's the case, and if it is, I'm not gonna bother watching it. Simple as that.  
::Raccoon Cinema:: (Movies, Music, Etc.)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games