Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
1k Comp :: Fab Prizes :: Newbies come & talk! <3 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:49 pm
It's a good joke that deserves to be appreciated.

I feel sick.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:11 am
I really don't do jokes like that.  

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:17 am
Eragon is a crappy rip-off of LotR. D<

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:33 am
xd  

Chibito7

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:29 am
OMG The Inheritance Cycle are my favourite books!!

I still haven't read the Lord of the Rings books. Everywhere i look seems to not have the first one evil . But i am reading the Hobbit, and i'm just about to give up: it's the most boring book i've ever read, apart from maybe my sister's "the cat who wanted to go home" book.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:43 am
Insult Tolkien again and I will actually have to kill you. And I know you IRL, so it's even possible. You have been warned.

Niphz
Crew

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:33 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

-cowers in fear- .__.

o Ao Tosh's icon is in Niphy's sig!
-honored honored-

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:44 pm
Which one? Loveless? ninja

Niphz
Crew

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:14 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Yush, that one.

ninja

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:29 am
wow.. niph has a makeover.. heart  

soumakisa

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:29 am
How can you possibly enjoy the Hobbit so much?! stare It has next to no creativity...
> i.e. the wizard is like most kid's stereotype of wizards, staff, long beard, crooked nose, waves his wand around and fireworks appear. The dwarves are just... dwarves, no unique character traits. Dragons, also like the stereotypes, big, evil, guards gold up in a cave or whatever. Wolves- like the stereotypes... ( eek oooooh... how unexpected...), big teeth, evil, eat people. Elves- like most people think, merry, dances around all the time, good at swordmaking. Goblins- just goblins. And as for the hobbits... aren't they just small people who live in holes? I mean... COME ON. Maybe LotR will be better.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:41 am
Darling, I think you're missing the point. Before Tolkien, there were no stereotypes, only myths and legends and folk tales. They are stereotypes because he created them, and everyone else copied them. He was the original. That's why there are people who devote their lives to studying him, and why no one does that for Eragon. Sigh. Read LotR, it's much deeper, and you'll find that elves are definitely not just merry and dancing.

Young people these days. Wouldn't recognise genius if it danced in front of them naked. rolleyes

EDIT ::

@souma - Indeed! Do you like it?

Niphz
Crew

Chibito7

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:31 am
Aiya!

eek

Niphy's hair! My goodness!

It's so weird, since you had the old hairstyle for goodness knows how long. =P But oui, c'est tres nice. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:57 pm
Had it for going on four years xDD;; I'll probably go back to it at some point. This one is lovely though -runs virtual fingers through hair- <3 Also I'm really happy 'cause my iPod IRL is red, so it's nice to use the red one. (:

Niphz
Crew

JieRui

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:14 pm
Niphz
Darling, I think you're missing the point. Before Tolkien, there were no stereotypes, only myths and legends and folk tales. They are stereotypes because he created them, and everyone else copied them. He was the original. That's why there are people who devote their lives to studying him, and why no one does that for Eragon. Sigh. Read LotR, it's much deeper, and you'll find that elves are definitely not just merry and dancing.

Young people these days. Wouldn't recognise genius if it danced in front of them naked. rolleyes

EDIT ::

@souma - Indeed! Do you like it?

Couldn't agree more. Everyone copied Tolkien. Some good, most not so good.

But then again, Tolkien himself was a scholar whose specialty was the complete works of Anonymous (lol, not the Internet group), as he used to say.

I don't think I could have appreciated Beowulf if I hadn't read Tolkien first. The poem, not the movie. Need to see the movie! 3nodding  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games