Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
Cult RPG. New ******** update@@@@@@==== ((page 118)) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 124 125 126 127 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:01 am
It's 7 days until the demo not the entire game.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:14 am
User Image
New screenshot. One of the areas that just happens to have monsters in it.  

Denko

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:14 am
Regulust
It's 7 days until the demo not the entire game.
Me thinks they know that.
EDIT: Ooh, another nice screenshot Denko!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:22 am
Odd, but it reminds me of an area in Mario and Luigi for some reason.  

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

What the Pho

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:36 am

Where's Waldo?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:37 am
That's awesome, Denko.
Can you tell us what the monsters are going to be?
And are any Culties going to be in the demo?

The WTF Ninja

Keeskee

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:47 am
This game looks like hot sex. (Or pancakes, haha.) I look forward to playing the demo. ;D  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:00 am
Is I can be mini-boos along with Tonberry? Double miniboss? plz?  

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

Keeskee

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:37 am
Kathulu93

Stop pestering him. It's Denko's game, and if he wanted, he could make you an unnoticeable bathroom janitor in the far side of the smallest city.

Or worse, not in it at all. Just be greatful to be in it at all! razz I got here a little late, haha.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:03 pm
Kiski
Kathulu93

Stop pestering him. It's Denko's game, and if he wanted, he could make you an unnoticeable bathroom janitor in the far side of the smallest city.

Or worse, not in it at all. Just be greatful to be in it at all! razz I got here a little late, haha.
=D A janitor you say? Hmm.... But yeah. im just really bad about unfinished things. Im too OCD and ADD ish about them. I like to get answers quickly. So yeah, i'll wait this time. I didnt know if he saw my question either.  

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

Dark Super Sonic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:09 pm
Huh, I've been wondering about this. Since its an RPG and whatnot, and we'll be in groups, would we be having pets or animals of the sort? We could train them and they assist us in our battle. I've seen this in some RPGs, and they've worked out well. Though, implanting it now might be late, since you've already set out the ideas, right?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:12 pm
Dark Super Sonic
Huh, I've been wondering about this. Since its an RPG and whatnot, and we'll be in groups, would we be having pets or animals of the sort? We could train them and they assist us in our battle. I've seen this in some RPGs, and they've worked out well. Though, implanting it now might be late, since you've already set out the ideas, right?

That's also difficult to do in RPG maker, from what I remember of the earlier ones. I think you'd have to encode the pets as playable characters of their own, enlarging the group exponentially; also making s**t really complex.  

Keeskee

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Denko

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:00 pm
Quote:
WTF:
That's awesome, Denko.
Can you tell us what the monsters are going to be?
And are any Culties going to be in the demo?

Late tonight I'll update the thread with some of the monsters that you'll see in the demo.
Also, the demo has three or four Culties in it. After the demo comes out (It's Chapter One of the full game), Chapter One might be polished more and thus might have more Culties in it, but I dunno. Two are playable right now. But that's a secret for now.

Kiski: Thanks! Also thanks for talking to Kathulu. XD I wasn't sure how to explain that. But yeah...

Kathulu: I don't know. Later on I will think about that when it's relevant.

Dark Super Sonic: I could do pets, but the real question is would that be a good idea for this game?
At this point I'm not so sure, but I haven't ruled out the idea of non-human playable characters. Like, for example, if Fish had a dog, and the dog was part of the party too. But I don't know if I want to do that.
There's also another way of doing it, where there's a class that has skills/spells where pets attack the enemy.
And the hardest way is to do it like you said, and that would require game script, which is unbelievably time consuming. I don't know if I want to do that.
So... really, I'll just think about it.

And Kiski, a large party isn't a problem- I have a script made where you can have as many party members as you want and you can swap them out as you wish, kinda like Final Fantasy X. The inactive members get XP just like the party members, too, so you don't have to go back and grind for XP.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:10 pm
Since we're talking about pets, I would like to say that regardless of weather or not you add pets in the game, ignore my gwee if I am added in your game Denko.  

Dark_Links

Denko

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:12 pm
Dark_Links
Since we're talking about pets, I would like to say that regardless of weather or not you add pets in the game, ignore my gwee if I am added in your game Denko.

XD
That's fine. Trust me, the sprites aren't detailed like that anyway. I'm just taking the basic essence of everyone's "look" and that's how I make their sprite. Like Wayne is usually red colored, so in the game his sprite is themed red and most people can recognize him for that.  
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 124 125 126 127 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games