Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles Discussion:: Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Think it'll be worth it?
  Yes!!!!
  Pffft. Enough with this foolishness.
  Haven't made up my mind yet.
View Results

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:30 pm
Canas Renvall
Played through the CV scenario last night, and surprisingly they condensed it pretty well.

...Ahahahhhahahah! It was terrible! Fun gameplay, but... wow! xd Granted, it was still better than UC-RE3 though. I really doubt anything can beat that. >_>;

To its credit, though, Steve didn't sound like a total emo douche this time around. And Alfred, unfortunately didn't sound as effeminate, but he sounded a lot more psychotic. Alexia, though... Man, what happened? In CV/CVX she was power-hungry. She wanted the world to revolve around her. Here, she just wanted to play with her little "lab rats" (Claire, Chris, Steve).

Also, the Nosferatu fight was different, if not a little more... interesting. razz

Overall, CV scenario was pretty bad, but definitely could've been worse. Also, for those wondering... yes, Wesker appears. Very briefly at the end, but that's all. D:

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT???? Wesker appears briefly? You'd THINK they would at least show the fight between Chris and Wesker. I mean thats like the epitome of CV near the end. And you'd THINK with the crap they did to Wesker in RE 5, that they should at least make up for it with a descent remake of CV. But I guess not. UGH.....what a let down.

They don't even show Wesker against Alexia DO they? T______T *goes to cry in an emo corner*  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:28 am
The CV scenario was kind of off, but it was fun.

I'm not done yet but I'm almost done with it.

I'm glad I bought it though.

Atleast they had the same voice actor for Wesker as in 5.  

Draconian Chaos

Hallowed Shapeshifter

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:19 am
Shadow Wolf Chaos
The CV scenario was kind of off, but it was fun.

I'm not done yet but I'm almost done with it.

I'm glad I bought it though.

Atleast they had the same voice actor for Wesker as in 5.

to be honest, I would have surprisingly been perfectly content with Richard Waugh if he voice Wesker this time around. Mainly due to the fact that I'm used to his voice from the older Games. And DSC is based on the older games so I could have gone either way. But yes I do personally prefer DC Douglas :3  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:29 pm
Eh, in UC he was terrible. RE5, he was alright except for a few really nasally lines (complete global saturation razz ), but I do personally prefer Waugh. To his credit, though, Douglas has kinda fleshed out his voice and worked out most of the kinks he had in UC.  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

o8Orobouros8o

6,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:24 pm
I just got it yesterday, only to find my Wii busted on me.

But, after fixing that I've found it to be a decent game. Enough to entertain me when bored, plus, I tend to play games better when I'm not the driver anyhow...

Don't ask. Suffice to say I don't take it seriously and one of my friends ends up playing with half the controler.

Leon and Claire must have gotten like, ten times as whiney, thats all I can complain about thus far.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:37 pm
Ten times as whiney? What do you mean? Nobody's been whiney at all. Not even Steve! xd  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Draconian Chaos

Hallowed Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:16 am
Steve's just full of bad jokes and puns. xD  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:26 am
Canas Renvall
Eh, in UC he was terrible. RE5, he was alright except for a few really nasally lines (complete global saturation razz ), but I do personally prefer Waugh. To his credit, though, Douglas has kinda fleshed out his voice and worked out most of the kinks he had in UC.

I completely agree. I absolutely hated him in UC, but he improved a lot in RE5. The only times I really didn't like his voice was when he was all angry, losing his cool and screaming and stuff. Mainly just because it felt completey out of character. But that's really the writer's fault, not DC Douglas'. If was Waugh was doing the voice, he'd be having to do the same stuff.

Plus, a lot of people rip on him for trying to sound like Waugh, but would you rather he didn't try to sound like Waugh and completely abandon the persona Waugh molded for him?

I read an interview with him one time, and he had nothing but respect for Waugh, and explained that the reason his voice sounded like it did was because he was trying to incorporate both Waugh and Peter Jessop's voices at the same time.  

Thee Stranger

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:27 pm
When Wesker was angry in 5 he sounded like a Harry Potter villain. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:39 am
AngelaAshford
When Wesker was angry in 5 he sounded like a Harry Potter villain. xd
LOL that made me crack up xD good one  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

VlCKERS

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:40 am
I pre ordered it, went to pick it up on the 17th, only to be told it hadn't been shipped yet.
Finally got it last night, and beat it.

I mean, I'm no good gamer. I'm still stuck on T.A.L.O.S. in UC, so to have a game that I could beat in less than five hours with all A ranks...?
There's something not right there, and I love it.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:55 am
Im all late i didnt know it came out  

Rerun18

Elaineybrainey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:55 am
I am not quuite sure how they will make DSC as long as UC but i am sure it's going to be epic. Apparently they added a Bow Gun to the list of equipable weapons. so that should be great. And from what i heard they used all the original voices, and from the cover, it looks like they did not completely change how the characters look. I expected to see Degeneration Leon with the darker hair and weird-looking lips.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:52 am
I love this game, it's exactly what I expected. I love the game play as well as the characters. Although I will admit that some of the story line was a little off. o.O CV for example, but it's no biggie.

I thought it was a lot easier than UC and I love the new weapons equip, although i dont really like sharing ammo. stare i got in a little fight over that ahaha  

Twili-Chan

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:22 pm
Was over at my friend's for the weekend and I got to play DSC for the first time. Finally traditional zombies! no tentacle crap...well except with Alexia. She sorta had that going for her LOL. But damn it only 10% of Wesker T____T no fair. But at least you get to hear him if nothing else XD and see him in his shiney knife reflection.

I love the gameplay, but the one thing I hate is they shake the camera WAAAAAAAAAY too damn much, I mean past the point of being "natural" body shaking or movements. Even at most points when you're standing still, the camera movement goes all over the place, which i think is a little unnecessary.

but yes I agree. Steve was a LOT less whiney this time. I like the voice they picked for him too. and is it just me or does Leon look younger in the extra side mission you do with Krauser and him?

aside from those quorks, I loved playing it. they skipped a crap load and changed some things, but they're trying to fit two games into one, plus an extra side mission so i guess its okay lol.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff