Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
So, why are you unafraid of dying? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Emetophobe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:16 pm

User Image

I am not afraid of it because I see it as a new experience. I'm actually really anxious to see what happens.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:37 pm
I race sport bikes, trying to get into MotoGP for Honda, have been racing PWC's (Personal Water Craft aka Jet Ski's) Competitively for five years for Honda now and recently got out of illegal mountainpass racing for circuit racing with my Civic Type R.

Racing everyday from speeds of 70-160 m.p.h. the world seems so slow to me now. But after all the times I've fallen, crashed, and survived and gotten back up. I see a fear of death as irrational. If I have any fear, I will not be able to race at my best.

You cannot have fear. Fear is a mindkiller that brings total oblivion.

I will not fear.

I will not fear death.

Stay Zero

H0wling_Blue

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:30 pm
I really don't know why I'm not afriad of death. I'm not a very big risk taker.... I don't want a car to hit me, but it wont keep me out of the street. I don't want to be ripped apart by wolves(or more likely coyotes) but that doesn't stop me from wanting to meet a wild one, face to face. I simply am not afriad. Can't do anything about it. The only thing I've ever feared.. Two things.. Is being completely alone in silence.. and being forgotten by those who have shaped my life, even if they didn't/don't know it. But death? no.. I don't fear death.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:36 pm
Yes, as an atheist I fear death:

I look at it as completely natural though. Being self-aware as we are evolved to be automatically reveals to us our mortality, a very scary proposition. Ceasing to function goes against everything we're programmed to do.

However, I don't see that as a reason to believe in gods. I see it as a reason our ancestors created these life-after death god stories, but I don't think we need them anymore. It's my belief that being raised as a strong theist you're not given the tools to deal with realities like death, which is why some people just can't handle the idea of not having an afterlife or a protector god.

"Thoughts of a Dying Atheist" by MUSE is one of my favorite songs.  

Rick Dawkins

Teoka

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:28 pm
I admit, I have some fear of death, but I don't see that as a reason to kid myself with the grown-ups' imaginary friends.

When it comes to an afterlife, I'm agnostic. But I don't worry myself over death and what will happen afterward. I'm actually quite interested to see what will, or won't, happen.

I love life, and I plan to extend it and live it to the fullest biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:34 pm
Do I fear death?
Well of course I do. Life is pretty sweet.
Do I know It will happen?
Of course
Can I stop it?
No, then why worry?
What will come will come, and we should be ready to meet it when it does.  

JPRG-forever

OmG NoMoR3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:48 am
I feel that because there is no life after death, that I must live a very full life while I'm still... living. >.>; It sort of makes me appreciate the things that exist in the here and now much more. LOL, atheism gives me a greater appreciation of life. blaugh  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:56 am
I don't fear death because....well I just don't why. It comes to me naturally I guess. Or maybe I just care enough to fear death.  

Rgilgamesh the Hallowed

Dangerous Raider

Reichkovich

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:27 am
Death is essentially the absence of everything that is attributed to living. So, basically, it's nothing and I don't see any reason why I should fear nothing.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:31 am
I dont fear death because it is inevitable, like life and taxes, if i were to fear death I should fear every single day I continue to live... which is complete nonsense... right?  

Deaths asistant

Pilfer von Durem

Apocalyptic Slayer

16,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:29 am
Some atheists do fear death, as do a lot of religious people. It's not exactly fair to pigeonhole everyone like that.

I have days where I am afraid of death...mostly because I'm a Narcissist (lawl). Other days I'm perfectly fine with it and hope it hurries up so I can die pretty and shuffle off this crappy mortal coil.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:07 pm
I don't believe in a God, but I'm not sure about much else.

Is there an afterlife? I don't know.

I DO believe in ghosts, but do ghosts really prove a life after death? I don't think so.

I feel so cowardly compared to others here, but I'll admit it:

I'M AFRAID TO DIE.

I like living! I can't imagine an oblivion of nothingness! I know that it probably won't be painful and that it'll just be over in a second, but it's really hard for me to acknowledge that the world will go on and advance and create wonders and I won't be around to see it and experience it. cry  

I Was The Moon

Deaths asistant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:21 am
well im sure the other people here dont want to die, and I bet if some one finds some magic cure to death (yeah right) every one would be in line with you... it just seems like it shouldnt be somthing that people are afraid of...  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:26 am
I look forward to seeing how as the people who wrote "I'm not afraid" grow older, how that not being afraid may change.
I'm pretty sure most of us here are... younger. As in, still-in-highschool-and-collage younger.
Still having many years left in life, how do we all know we won't convert to christianity when we're 75 or so?  

fhbnfghnbfgbsnbg

[The Looney Bin]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:07 pm
I'm so afraid of dieing =[.
I NEVER WANT TO DIE =[[[.

Because, once I die there's no pretty magical fairly land to go to.
Although it'd be pretty great to go to the land of the beer volcano and the stripper factory cool .  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff