Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
'True anime fans' would support the industry! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you going to watch the Greg Ayres and/or the Nabeshin panel's?
  Yes.
View Results

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:23 am
bump  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:36 am
YennonCrow
Eltanin Sadachbia
WOW!

I was really starting to respect your thread until you started dissing on the vet.

I agree that people should buy anime and save it in the USA. But the guy wouldn't be contributing to saving it in the USA if his dollars aren't being spent here.

I'm not saying that it isn't stealing, but you don't have to treat him like crap either!

It seems to me like you were promoting US buyer loyalty, and if that is the only way to find out about something then I say "GO FOR IT!"

If he likes it, he'll get a quality legal version when he gets home anyway.
WOW!!!

... Don't care what you think rolleyes I didn't break the ToS, so I'm fine. You can think however you wish of me. Don't. Care.

Kimmy - I've actually never seen a Studio Ghibli film >.< When I want to watch anime, I usually go for a series. But everyone says they're really good, I know! lol. Someday I'll get around to it.

Oh wait, I recall reading a review by someone who saw Ponyo... they gave it a terrible rating :/ not that I believe them. Many of my favorite animes have gotten unfair ratings.

Ok I may not watch alot of anime, I watch mainly naruto. And I will not lie I love getting on DVD and buying and collecting it. But at the same time I do get tired of waiting for it too come out on DVD or on TV. It is so much easier now a days too download it. Especially when it comes out new almost every week in Japan and the manga comes out every week unless some holiday. Even though I download offline I still buy it on DVD. So I see nothing wrong with what I do. It's like the newest manga that came out in Feb Naruto 47 I looked at that one online like months ago. And I've been waiting for it too come out cause I love the part there up too. So I ordered it and it's on it's way. Even though I may steal I do give back and do buy.  

Fieldartman

Paradoxismminant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:43 am

I think this is a very hard thing to be strictly on either one side or the other (at least for me). As someone with not a lot of money, I can sympathize both with those who get free stuff and those who are trying to make a living from the industry...

While I do read scanlations (I'm not going to lie about it), I try to buy the manga whenever it's available, or I borrow from my friends/the library and reccommend to other friends to buy/borrow.

We've all got to survive, but we also need to try and help others survive...

It's so sad that Shojo Beat is gone. Copies I got as presents from my friend sustained me through many ups and downs in my life.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:21 am
Fieldartman
YennonCrow
Eltanin Sadachbia
WOW!

I was really starting to respect your thread until you started dissing on the vet.

I agree that people should buy anime and save it in the USA. But the guy wouldn't be contributing to saving it in the USA if his dollars aren't being spent here.

I'm not saying that it isn't stealing, but you don't have to treat him like crap either!

It seems to me like you were promoting US buyer loyalty, and if that is the only way to find out about something then I say "GO FOR IT!"

WOW!!!

... Don't care what you think rolleyes I didn't break the ToS, so I'm fine. You can think however you wish of me. Don't. Care.

Kimmy - I've actually never seen a Studio Ghibli film >.< When I want to watch anime, I usually go for a series. But everyone says they're really good, I know! lol. Someday I'll get around to it.

Oh wait, I recall reading a review by someone who saw Ponyo... they gave it a terrible rating :/ not that I believe them. Many of my favorite animes have gotten unfair ratings.

Ok I may not watch alot of anime, I watch mainly naruto. And I will not lie I love getting on DVD and buying and collecting it. But at the same time I do get tired of waiting for it too come out on DVD or on TV. It is so much easier now a days too download it. Especially when it comes out new almost every week in Japan and the manga comes out every week unless some holiday. Even though I download offline I still buy it on DVD. So I see nothing wrong with what I do. It's like the newest manga that came out in Feb Naruto 47 I looked at that one online like months ago. And I've been waiting for it too come out cause I love the part there up too. So I ordered it and it's on it's way. Even though I may steal I do give back and do buy.
It still makes you a thief -.- you aren't going to convince me of a damn thing, I don't know why you keep trying to change my mind.  

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:31 am
Paradoxismminant

I think this is a very hard thing to be strictly on either one side or the other (at least for me). As someone with not a lot of money, I can sympathize both with those who get free stuff and those who are trying to make a living from the industry...

While I do read scanlations (I'm not going to lie about it), I try to buy the manga whenever it's available, or I borrow from my friends/the library and reccommend to other friends to buy/borrow.

We've all got to survive, but we also need to try and help others survive...

It's so sad that Shojo Beat is gone. Copies I got as presents from my friend sustained me through many ups and downs in my life.
now see, I like your honesty. You're not trying to feed me any excuses. Its not exactly raining down employment outside. Everyone, the world over, is suffering. I can understand! But OWN it. Admit what you are doing is wrong!! >.< My main concern isn't even with watching anime online, or reading scanlations (although I don't like it at all). What truly hurts the industry bad, is people who buy their anime bootleg. And the most terrible part of all, most people don't realize they're purchasing illegitimate stuff! My sister and I had no idea emo we felt awful when we went through all our anime a discovered 90% was fake.

If you check out the first page, there is a post on how to tell what is, and isn't bootleg. Also; its a commen mistake, but most people think that buying bootleg is the cheapest way to go. Not always so. RightStuf.com has very fair prices, and awesome deals all the time. Plus the real thing is in far better condition than ugly DVD-R's.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:07 am

I'm sure the real versions are better^^.

Number one, done by professionals. Among other things...

Aww...

I try to only buy manga from book fairs/bookstores since I don't have a credit card...

It's a good way of learning patience. Though when I go back to Taiwan, it's kind of cool, since Taiwan gets everything right after Japan (though it's in CHinese...).

I think waiting for stuff to come out has helped me with learning to be really patient...

Paradoxismminant

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:13 pm
Same here. Patience is a great thing to have heart  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:03 am
bump  

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200

Sami Von Disco

7,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:13 am
YennonCrow
Eltanin Sadachbia
WOW!

WOW!!!

I have to agree with Eltanin. I read your first post thinking, "Wow, it's nice to see someone isn't going to bash other people's viewpoints, even if they disagree with them!"
I can see now that that was merely in place so no one could disagree with you. Really? "Don't care what you think?" I thought this was a place for discussion, not just agreeing with you and acting like, "OMFG, you're right, I'm such a horrible person! T.T THANK YOU for showing me the light!" On another note, following the ToS does not not mean someone is acting like a jerk. rolleyes

On topic! biggrin The links you provided are excellent resources for anime/manga fans who want to make sure they're supporting the industry to fullest extent that they're able to. I sincerely applaud you for doing your research. Now if we could only do something about that bias... XP

EDIT: rofl Love the Demotivational Poster in your sig.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:58 am
I can't help it if I get fed up with people who are going to think that they are right no matter what. When he used the war as an excuse to steal from the entertainment industry, I truly was disgusted. And my thread is no place for talk of 'war'. That can be reported for spam stare And when she came in trying to belittle me, I had none of it. Her problem was with my attitude, not my thread. Thus, I responded in kind. "I don't care what you think." meant I didn't care what she thought of me.

Thank you for your complement ^.^ Although the front page comes off as bias, I do understand why some people steal anime. I used to do it.  

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:33 pm
bump!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:20 am
bump  

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200

ancantsia

Feline Flatterer

17,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:35 am
User Image
I heart anime and own a few of the Studio Ghibli collection. Also went to see Ponyo in the cinema ^_^

It was so cute! biggrin
Even the smallest feline is a masterpieceUser Image

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:19 am
you said that before Kimmy ;P silly cat rolleyes ::hugs::  

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart