Welcome to Gaia! ::

Byako, City of Everything

Back to Guilds

Byako, the city of everything. A city hundreds of miles in size where anything can and does happy on a daily basis Join the random sillyness 

Tags: plushie, city, random, silly, Byako 

Reply Byako, City of Everything Main Forum
The Dueling Arena ~The RP~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ZombieJeff

Wheezing Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:14 pm
Babbitt waved his large hand at the woman, "I'm right over here Ms. Trigger"

He returned to watching the specticle. "Tell me, what is it these beings gain from putting themselfs at such a risk. Does it just give them the thrill of justification in destroying another thing's existence, or is it that it lets them feel theres?"

He leaned back, "Of course, it could be that they think they have to consume others existence to exist themself..."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:27 pm
He yawned as he overheard what Babbitt was saying
"I couldn't tell you why these guys insist on showing off their techniques"
He holds a pen and pad of paper in hand
"But when I see an oppertunity to get some notes, believe me I won't take up that chance"
He went back ot laying on the bleechers while sipping a his own brew from out of his flask
"Bunch of idiots.."

[ FC ]

ACGunsmoke

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:03 pm
Trigger sat down near the two and watched the battle.

"Hm... I dunno about them, I don't do free demonstrations. I barely make any money right now and don't have time to waste on battles like that."

She leans forward and mumbles, "Master always said killing was our business not our hobby."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:55 pm
Babbitt sat down himself, and shifted uncomfortably.

He spoke in hush tones, he didn't know weather it was just something he should keep secret or he should be ashamed of.

"I've done a few jobs myself.... Aparently, when people realise that I'm not made of the same stuff as them physicly, I'm amde of the diferent stuff emotionaly as well..."

He looked out across the stadium, "I usualy try to stick to handeling unliving threats... weapons, machines, vehicles..." He looke dat one of his arms, taken from a manequin, "I supose like kills like..."

ZombieJeff

Wheezing Hunter

ACGunsmoke

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:23 pm
"I know what you mean... I kinda wish my kind were still around. They're all gone and I have to try my best to live around those things... "

Trigger continued to watch the fight. "humans..." she mumbled, "It was and shall still be my duty to hunt them. But I'm stuck... without my master, I can't get information on who to hunt."

"Yes, unemployed, we're quite in a pickle," added Felix.

"Yep, a pickle," repeated Trigger.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:46 pm
"I'm afraid for me its the other way around, amnd I don't think there ever were any others of my kind..." said Babbitt casting down his eyes.

"But I've hered rumors about a darker side ot this city, I'm sure theres somewhere to find bussiness."

ZombieJeff

Wheezing Hunter

ACGunsmoke

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:38 pm
"meh... hopefully theres a rich mob boss around with a really bad grudge, hehehe, they seem rich. Bounty hunting just doesn't pay that much, and there are never enough heads to collect."

"If not you can always try being a copper," suggested Felix.

"Eh?!" Trigger glared to her side, unable to stare directly at her little friend.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:19 pm
the giant left the arena and the fiht seemed one by defult.

a large banner was unfurled above the arena entrance

GRAND RE-OPENING CELEBRATION!
Time-Limit Monster-Fighting Tournament!!
Come fight monsters in the Dueling Arena and win semi-random prizes!
Three levels of fighting, all new monsters magically imported from another world!
Winners of the first round will be awarded shiny bronze medals and go on to the second level!
Second-round winners get spiffy silver medals and the chance to fight the last round!
Third-level winners get sparkly gold medals and an invite to a special exhibition battle with no time limit!
All tournament wins are rewarded with a semi-random monster-specific prize! Sign-ups are in the Arena from now until all 20 first-level spots are taken!**
Spectators encouraged! Admission is always affordable, snacks and sodas are free for this event,
and the person/entity who correctly guesses the outcome of the most battles will also win a prize!!!
Special Guest appearance by a bunch of Sniper Salmon and Lobster Mages!!
Intermission entertainment provided between battles.
**The tournament may begin any time after the first few slots are filled.  

ByakoAssailant

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:20 pm
A skinny, redheaded 12-year-old boy hangs two signs up just inside the doorway:

Spectator seating This Way

and also:
Tournament sign-up and practice rooms That Way

Going That Way, he arrives just outside the stairwell leading down to the practice rooms under the main arena. A sign above the stairs reads:

Enter Practice Rooms at Your Own Risk
(Management is not responsible for bruised limbs and egos, death, or dismemberment occurring in the Practice Rooms)

The boy sets up a table nearby and on the wall above the table he hangs a sign that reads:

Tournament Sign-ups Here.

On the table he lays out a piece of paper with 20 horizontal lines on it and some handouts with the tournament rules printed on them.
Grinning, he walks back to the main entrance to stand under the huge banner and greet people.

((See the "Arena Chat" thread in the Town Talk subforums for a copy of the rules, also everyone who comes and signs up can have a copy sent to them by PM))  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:07 pm
Several minutes later, a redheaded boy who looked exactly the same as the other one came up the stairs from the practice rooms, with a handful of pencils and a notebook.
Finding a chair, he placed it behind the sign-up table and sat in it. He set all the pencils on the table except for one, which he started using to doodle in the notebook.  

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:16 pm
A woman's voice sounded from the stairwell by the sign-up table:
"BillBob! Where did you leave the new leashes that came in this morning?"

The redheaded boy at the table gave a start, closing the notebook on his doodles in case the lady decided to actually come up the stairs after him.
"Uh... didn't I hang them on the wall behind the bags of chickenfeed?"

"That's where I told you to put them! That's not where they are! Get down here and find them!
I'm too busy with the Mawers to go looking for leashes, but I'll need one next thing to move the Vernaiba to its new cage!"

"Uh, hang on! I'll be there in a moment!"

He looked around, debating whether or not to take the notebook with him. But since there didn't seem to be anyone coming any time soon, he decided it was safer to leave it on the table than to take it with him. Leaving the sign-up table temporarily unattended, he hurried down the stairs and through a door just inside the practice rooms which opened on more stairs heading downwards. A sign on the door said:
Danger! Employees Only

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:51 am
Shota entered the arena and enrolled in the tourney  

ByakoAssailant

SJ3 Lone Samurai

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:02 pm
saito appears outside of the arena and he walks in "hmmm.... looks like this place is pretty nice......." he looks over to the pearson " hey are there any tournaments going on or anything that i can sign up in?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:00 pm
"There certainly is! Special Grand-Re-Opening Celebration Timed-Battle Monster-Fighting Tournament! It's gonna be great!"

The redheaded boy grinned widely at Saito, indicating the signs in the entranceway behind him:
"Tournament sign-up and practice rooms That Way!"

he read off, pointing That Way for emphasis when he read the last part.
"Just head That Way, and we'll get you all signed up and everything!"

He nodded, humming to himself, and attempted to smooth off a nametag sticker that had "hello, my name is:" printed on it, with "BillBob" scrawled in the big blank space underneath.  

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150

linkstud

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:26 pm
*link stood on the side* O.o wow..im not targeted?! ^^ saved *link cloaks himself*  
Byako, City of Everything Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games