Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Your first Resident Evil Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pyrojunk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:41 pm
I think it was.........Resident Evil 2.
It was my friends brothers who let me play once. I used all my ammo on like, the first 2 zombies. LOL. Since then I learned to conserve ammo and I'm hooked on the game.
[R][e][d][e][n][t] [E][v][l] Is my video game drug.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:28 pm
I was about seven or eight, My cousin was a addicted to the original one and played it constantly at night. I use to stay up and help him with puzzles/etc. I remember sometimes, the game would scare me shitless and I wouldnt play it for days. But, sooner or later I started playing it alot, especially now. I play RE Outbreak, and RE Outbreak 2 and RE 4 alot and Im addicted.

...I never really liked RE survivor, big dissapointment..bad storyline  

JillValX

Anachronous

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:26 pm
Ah, my favorite story to tell.

I was in college when the game first came out. We had a Playstation all set up in one of our dorm rooms, ready for the game. We routed the audio through some massive stereo speakers, waited until 11pm, then turned off all of the lights and closed the door. There were about 6 or 8 of us in the room at that time, and we turned off the lights and closed the curtains so that only the TV picture was showing.

It was perfect...

The music and sound rumbling lowly through the speakers. The sound of zombies around the corner. The creep factor was way up when it happened.

I had control at the time (because I lost the bet) and was venturing into the hallway where the dogs first appear. Nobody saw it coming...

CRASH! The zombie dogs came crashing through the window, causing me to leap out of the chair and tossing the controller into the air. Someone ended up spilling their beer, the 2 girls screamed (as did all of the guys =P) and we all decided right there and then to get some air. Some went for smokes, others went for more beer, and I went to slug my friend for coming up with the idea to play the game in total darkness.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:49 pm
So, it was RE1/DC I take it?

Glad to see that you accepted my invitation.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Anachronous

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:00 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
So, it was RE1/DC I take it?

Glad to see that you accepted my invitation.

Thank you for the invite, it is appreciated.

As for the copy we were playing, to the best of my knowledge, it was actually the very first one, which was released in 96, in the large cardboard and plastic case.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:02 pm
Ah yes. I remember that. I remember renting it when I first got my PS2 (After playing RE2 for N64). It was so legendary to see Jill, Chris and Barry, considering they were mentioned so much in RE2, and I didn't know anything about them. They were like legends to me, and then I got to play what really happened. It was truly epic for me.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:53 am
That's a really interesting way to play RE, I think... I think the next time I do a run though marathon (Happens on Halloween every year, because I'm a dork), I'll start with RE2, then do Zero and RE, then continue with 3, and so on and so forth.

Anyway, welcome to the guild, Anachronous! Always nice to see a new face smile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:14 pm
There was actually a few games where I started with the sequel. Parasite Eve being one, I played 2 before playing 1. I never got to beat 1 unfortunately, cause the disc was scratched up. But still, I witnessed some interesting key moments that were mentioned in PE2 and it was legendary as well.

I have yet to play Dino Crisis 1, but I played and beat 2.

Like I said, playing the game in chronological order seems like it would make most sense, but there are benefits to starting with the sequel.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:23 pm
Parasite Eve was a gift to me for Valentine's day by my Father. Changed my view on Biology, I can tell you that. Made me listen. Besides that, it's on my list of game's I'll love forever.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:29 pm
Yeah, PE2 in combination with RE and MGS motivated me to take Gr. 11 Biology. But when I realized how little of high school biology actually involves genetics, I never bothered with Gr. 12.  

Biohazard EXTREME

RusKitty

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:30 pm
Remake, my vary first!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:40 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Yeah, PE2 in combination with RE and MGS motivated me to take Gr. 11 Biology. But when I realized how little of high school biology actually involves genetics, I never bothered with Gr. 12.

My high school bio classes had entire quarters on genetics. We even went so far as to DNA profile everyone in the room. It was a wild ride. I loved it.  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:52 pm
I think my teacher was too much of an environmentalist, so she just focused on wild life preservation and learning types of trees and crap. I didn't care... So instead of going for my one passion: Genetics, I went for my other passion: Video Games  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:01 pm
xd . I loved genetics, but I loved singing more... so now that's my field.  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

X_D_Farad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:54 am
This is going way back to 1996, but my first taste of Resident Evil came from hearing about some new survival horror game in a games magazine. Course, it scared the bejesus out of me, but like with the film Aliens, I just felt compelled to see it. I don't know if being scared by it was part of the appeal, or just that I liked the whole survival aspect of it. Then in 1998, I remember reading about RE2, and playing through the subsequent demo of it. I don't think I even got past the streets, I was scared half to death of the game.

As the years went by, I gradually toughened up and then in 2000, I bought RE:CVX for the PS2. Played through it and managed to complete it. I think it was also during this time that I checked out RE3 for the PC, though I hated it - Nemesis was more of an annoying hindrance than an actual threat. You couldn't make progress in the game without some overpowered hulk throwing a spanner into the works.

Things went quiet for a couple of years, until 2002, when I bought the Gamecube, along with RE0 and the REmake. Both of which were pretty much the main reasons why I bought the Gamecube. I loved RE0, it felt easier to play through because I was controlling two characters at the same time, rather than just being alone against the army of the undead. REmake was fantastic too, the graphics were awe-inspiring and incredibly realistic, almost felt like some scenes were taken from photographs.

After playing through those and desensitising myself to the series, I picked up the original games, RE1, RE2 and RE3. I played through RE2, and loved it to death. Without a shadow of doubt, the best RE I've played so far. I think that just about covers everything, oh, and I've been dabbling around with the Outbreak series, played a couple of online games, etc. I played through RE4 last year or so, but I really didn't like it, the gameplay detracted too much from what had been set, the storyline was very weak, and I didn't particularly like how they killed off Umbrella, arguably one of the greatest corporate antagonists I've ever had the pleasure of fighting against. Very overrated game if you ask me.

And just for the sake of it, my current collection:

Resident Evil (PSX)
Resident Evil 2 (PSX)
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (PSX)

Resident Evil: Code Veronica X (PS2)
Resident Evil: Outbreak File #2 (PS2)
Resident Evil: Survivor 2 (PS2)

Resident Evil (GCN)
Resident Evil 0 (GCN)

Sorry if that was rather drawn out, but I figured it'd make a solid introductory post.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff