Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Raccoon Cinema:: (Movies, Music, Etc.)
::The Official Resident Evil Movie Discussion:: Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:07 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
I'm surprised Leon's hair is as wavy as it is, I expected it to be perfectly still on the count of all the hair spray.

Ooh, that's a worse blow to a man's pride than being caught playing with yourself. o_o;  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:08 am
Biohazard EXTREME
I'm surprised Leon's hair is as wavy as it is, I expected it to be perfectly still on the count of all the hair spray.
Indeed. The enemies should have just tossed matches at him...
The ganado in the oven had the right idea.  

MilitantClockwork

D000M rolled 6 6-sided dice: 4, 4, 3, 2, 2, 2 Total: 17 (6-36)

D000M

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:45 am
The movies are TERRIBLE. They SUCK @$$. The acting is HORRIBLE. The plots are RETARDED.

Things I hate the most:

Karate Fight with Nemesis (Who looked retarded and fake in the movie, by the way)

Knocking a zombie out with a flower pot.

Matrix karate kicking a zombie dog

Having a chick die, and then appear again in the next scene

Not being able to tell half the characters aprart in the 1st one.

Stupid little computer girl

Stupid part with the lazers in the 1st movie. The computer keeps sending out these beams, that the dudes are all dodging forever, and then finally it sends out a spider web beam that's impossible to dodge. Why didn't it just do that in the 1st place? Does the computer have a sense of humor?

Having Nicholai be a good guy, and then having Nicholia introduce himself, just to be killed right there on the spot. Retarded.

And there's many, MANY more things I hate about the movie. Too many to list. I liked the 2nd movie better than the 1st though, only because of the fact that it was so laughably bad that it was actually somewhat entertaining. Where as the 1st one just bored me to death, and gave me a hard time finishing.

They should have never fired George Romero from the movie. He was going to make the movie based on the events of RE1, which is what it should have been. Romero also created the modern day zombie, that Resident Evil was obviously inspired by. That's why it's pretty disgusting that they fired Romero from the script. He actually makes good zombie movies (Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead), not the fecal matter that is the Resident Evil movies. Why anybody likes them is a mystery to me.

The movies are a disgrace to the games. They STANK. I HATE 'em. Oh yeah, and did I mention they suck?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:30 am
Romero wasn't going to make the script based on the original RE game (Which would have sucked anyway, because there would be nothing new in it, just everything we've already seen.), I read his script, it was NOTHING like the game aside from involving some of the characters. And he would have ruined the franchise even more, expecially with the whole, zombies' heads still move and bite after decapitation. Romero's script was written for a Romero movie, not for Resident Evil at all.  

Biohazard EXTREME

D000M rolled 6 6-sided dice: 2, 5, 5, 1, 1, 2 Total: 16 (6-36)

D000M

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:16 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Romero wasn't going to make the script based on the original RE game (Which would have sucked anyway, because there would be nothing new in it, just everything we've already seen.), I read his script, it was NOTHING like the game aside from involving some of the characters. And he would have ruined the franchise even more, expecially with the whole, zombies' heads still move and bite after decapitation. Romero's script was written for a Romero movie, not for Resident Evil at all.

I don't believe you. Let's see that script. I read that he was doing the story based on the RE1 storyline in EGM, which I find to be a more valuable source than you.

And who's to say he couldn't have put anything new in it? He could have explained Wesker and Barry's sides of the story more, instead of just having them pop in every now and then.

Plus, a lot of people who hadn't played the games have seen the RE movies, and they wouldn't have seen any of that. I'D rather see the movies based on the actual games, instead of the retarded movies we got.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:28 am
I don't care if you believe me or not. I read the script and I'm pretty sure some other members in this guild have too. It was nothing like the game. Chris wasn't even a part of S.T.A.R.S. and he was sleeping with Jill in his second scene.  

Biohazard EXTREME

D000M rolled 6 6-sided dice: 4, 5, 3, 6, 1, 3 Total: 22 (6-36)

D000M

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:35 am
Biohazard EXTREME
I don't care if you believe me or not. I read the script and I'm pretty sure some other members in this guild have too. It was nothing like the game. Chris wasn't even a part of S.T.A.R.S. and he was sleeping with Jill in his second scene.

Let me see the script then. Where did you find it? How do you even know the script you read was Romero's.

Still don't believe you. Still don't care what you say.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:51 am
It doesn't matter if I show you the script or not, you're still gonna argue, saying that it's probably a fake written by someone else, and just argue on and on because you're stubborn, even if you're wrong.
There's no 100% guarantee that Romero wrote it, but it's still a lot more than what you found.
As for the article on EGM, there's always all kinds of rumors and other talks that happen before a movie is written or made. Maybe the initial intent WAS to write a script based on the game, but then Romero changed it to be his own Romero movie.
And if you want to see a movie based directly on the game, then you probably assume that it's easy to write an interesting script based on a game, which is isn't. In case you haven't noticed, video games last a lot longer than movies do. And RE had all kinds of letters and notes. So you'd be reading a whole bunch of notes throughout the movie? The direct translation of the game wouldn't work as a movie. It's impossible.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:34 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
It doesn't matter if I show you the script or not, you're still gonna argue, saying that it's probably a fake written by someone else, and just argue on and on because you're stubborn, even if you're wrong.
There's no 100% guarantee that Romero wrote it, but it's still a lot more than what you found.
As for the article on EGM, there's always all kinds of rumors and other talks that happen before a movie is written or made. Maybe the initial intent WAS to write a script based on the game, but then Romero changed it to be his own Romero movie.
And if you want to see a movie based directly on the game, then you probably assume that it's easy to write an interesting script based on a game, which is isn't. In case you haven't noticed, video games last a lot longer than movies do. And RE had all kinds of letters and notes. So you'd be reading a whole bunch of notes throughout the movie? The direct translation of the game wouldn't work as a movie. It's impossible.

You just can't beat Bio.

Where was that script found anyway...? I recall reading it.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:57 pm
It was on some site that, I guess, ended up closing down. Like so many great Resident Evil sites that existed in 2000.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:49 pm
I've read the Romero RE script. He stated that he wrote a script for the movie, but it wasn't approved. In the script, Chris was of Indian heritage, even going as far as to talk to an eagle. He was sleeping with Jill. He wasn't a part of STARS. Wesker wasn't the badass we saw in the game. And the ending was completely different from the games.
The site it was on was closed down. Since people believed the site would be on for awhile, they probably didn't save it to their computer.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:38 pm
Vash Thompson
I've read the Romero RE script. He stated that he wrote a script for the movie, but it wasn't approved. In the script, Chris was of Indian heritage, even going as far as to talk to an eagle. He was sleeping with Jill. He wasn't a part of STARS. Wesker wasn't the badass we saw in the game. And the ending was completely different from the games.
The site it was on was closed down. Since people believed the site would be on for awhile, they probably didn't save it to their computer.
Thank you. cool  

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:40 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Vash Thompson
Thank you. cool

I'm just stating the facts.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:43 pm
Vash Thompson
I'm just stating the facts.
I was too, but he didn't believe me. Now I got two people to confirm what I was saying.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:46 pm
It would've been interesting to see how Romero's film was though.  
::Raccoon Cinema:: (Movies, Music, Etc.)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games