Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
× ✖ × Madam Malkin's :: Open :: Hiring Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:31 am
𝔐𝔦𝔯𝔷𝔞𝔪 ℌ𝔞𝔯𝔯𝔦𝔰𝔬𝔫 𝔒𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔰
Younger BrotherSalem's Chameleon AlumnusHalf-Blood

User Image

Does anyone have the time to bring me down?
                                      And can I sleep all night long to the drums of the city rain?

And brother, if you have the chance to pick me up,
                                      Can I sleep on your couch to the pound of the ache and pain in my head?
                                      'Cause I'm awake all night long to the drums of the city rain

║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║║█║█║▌│█║▌│║║█

"Sure thing but..." Mirzam responded before he gulped in nervousness when the lady told him to come with her to the back room, or at least that was what he understood from her thick Scottish/Irish accent, "Uhm, I didn't got your name yet. Unless I've forgotten, I don't know... I've been away from England for a decade or something..." If the woman turned out to be one of the known people in the Diagon Alley, he might make a fool out of himself for real. But, come on, he left England when he was around eight or something. It wasn't like he could remember everything in the alley in a shot. He proceeded to follow the redhead to the backroom and wow, there were so many garments on progress, such as that one dress that seemed to look abit complicated. The thing was, when he said he was doing it as a hobby, it meant that he just sew average garments for himself and use some textile paint like the t-shirt he was wearing right now. Sometimes, he could use a layer of patches as a design. However, his sewing skill wasn't in the level of a fashion designer like what he saw on the shop window of Malkin's. Right, so what he had to do was to give her the level of his sewing skills, maybe that could do it. He knew how to hem in a small scale, obviously, he had a thing for repairing his stuff after some unfortunate (but minor) patrol duties in the Law Enforcement. "Okay, I usually sew garments for myself, like shirts, robes and hoodies and all. So, um, that does count, right?"

║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║║█║█║▌│█║▌│║║█

'Cause the nights don't last and we leave alone
                                      Will you drive me back? Can you take me home?

Remember when you and I would make things up?
                                      So many nights, just take me down to the place we could hear them play
                                      I miss that sound, 'cause now we don't sing so loud to the drums of the city rain

With :: Fiona McKinney
      Where :: Madam Malkin's (Front Room)
      Wearing :: Looking Great

Out.Of.Character ::

Cara Miakitty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:09 am
User Image
𝔐𝔦𝔯𝔷𝔞𝔪 ℌ𝔞𝔯𝔯𝔦𝔰𝔬𝔫 𝔒𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔰
Younger BrotherSalem AlumnusHalf-BloodSeamster/Shop Assistant of Madam Malkin's

║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║║█║█║█║▌│║║█▌│██║▌│║║█║▌│║║██║▌│║║█

I can't take them on my own, my own,
                                                Oh, I'm not the one you know, you know
                                                I have killed a man and all I know is, I am on the run and go.

It's been months since Mirzam applied for this job in Malkin as a seamster, and these months it's been kind of dead so far. Maybe Ms. McKinney was right, they did die out every start of September, and this was just a normal day for the seamster to sketch some designs on his own sketchbook. Right now, he was taking the temporary place as a cashier while flipping one page after the other whenever he didn't like the design he was drawing. Like, he did not want to waste the owner's fabric supplies in the backroom by sewing in vain, he wanted to extra cautious unless someone was asking for one.

║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│█║▌│║║█║▌│║║██║║█║█║▌│█║▌│║║██║▌│║║█

Don't wanna call you in the nighttime, don't wanna give you all my pieces
                                                Don't wanna hand you all my trouble, don't wanna give you all my demons

You'll have to watch me struggle, from several rooms away
                                                But tonight, I'll need you to stay

With :: Himself, so far
                                                Where :: Shop's Front Room
                                                Wearing :: Flannel and Jeans

Out.Of.Character :: o3ob

SummerIsles

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:38 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

kчlα cσllíns
hσgwαrts hufflєpuff αlumní

'Cause I'm just a girl, little 'ol me
Don't let me out of your sight
I'm just a girl, all pretty and petite
So don't let me have any rights

After being asked to be a bridesmaid, Kyla needed to get herself a new dress, and that meant a trip to the tailor's. Of course, she had many dresses at home, but none of them would work for her. No, she needed a new one. On her lunch break, she headed on down to the shop, biting her lip as she entered. She loved shopping, especially clothes shopping. But if she spent too much, she knew that her mother would kill her. Frankly, if her mother knew she was buying anything, her mother would kill her. But a bridesmaid dress was important... and maybe a new jumper or two... Well, she'd see. Pushing open the door, she strolled into the shop, excitement in her eyes.

I'm just a girl, what's my destiny?
What I've succumbed to Is making me numb
I'm just a girl, my apologies
What I've become is so burdensome
I'm just a girl, lucky me
Twiddle-dum there's no comparison

User Image

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

σut σf chαrαctєr
{...}

Jade Galaksylph

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:20 am
User Image
𝔐𝔦𝔯𝔷𝔞𝔪 ℌ𝔞𝔯𝔯𝔦𝔰𝔬𝔫 𝔒𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔰

Mirzam was about to rip the page of his sketch when a sound of the bell notified him immediately, oh finally! He honestly loved it when there are people who come in Makin's, it just made him cheer up. He closed his messed-up sketchbook shut and looked up to see a blonde girl visiting the shop, he smiled and greeted, "Ah, hello! Welcome to Malkin's, how may I help you, miss?". And huh, the lady seemed to be excited when she entered, must have been an event? Or a date? Or something important? He could not figure it out but at least that shows that maybe she was here to buy something, right?

With :: Kyla Collins

SummerIsles

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:02 am

kчlα cσllíns

Kyla was in her own world and almost missed the person at the counter asking her if she needed help. Shaking her fantasies of buying all the clothes away, she focused on the person speaking to her. She smiled sweetly at him, then said, "Oh, well, I'm looking for a dress. I'll look around a bit, then maybe ask for help." She smiled and nodded, then browsed around the dresses. The blond browsed around the dress section, looking for something at matched with her friend's wedding scheme. After chewing her lip for what felt like an hour, she selected a few dresses and turned to the man behind the counter again. "Hey, do you have a dressing room for me to try these on?"

User Image

σut σf chαrαctєr
{...}

Jade Galaksylph

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:30 am
User Image
𝔐𝔦𝔯𝔷𝔞𝔪 ℌ𝔞𝔯𝔯𝔦𝔰𝔬𝔫 𝔒𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔰

Mirzam was at the moment thinking that she might have forgotten his presence at one close second since after all he was kind of impatient when it comes to social interactions. He was going to get his sketchbook again to sketch until the blonde lady looked at him and smiled. Saying that she would have to look around before asking for help, he shrugged and said brightly with an accent mixed with American and some Scottish apparently (which was mainly because of the shop-owner, who is Scottish as well), "Ah, that's fine, miss. The shop offers a lot of nice clothes and are one-of-a-kind so, enjoy!" As he watched her go search for dresses, he sat back from his seat and proceeded to sketch another fashion design with a new page. He also glanced up to her wondering if she already came up with a dress, but he felt that it's been almost like forty-five minutes, which was already long for him. Finally, the lady came up to asking him about the dressing room. He obligingly pointed at the direction of the dressing room before asking her curiously to make a conversation, "Sooooo, you seem busy there, lass. Having a social event or something? Like, some party or... I don't know."

SummerIsles

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:17 pm

kчlα cσllíns

She smiled when he asked if she was shopping for a specific occasion and said, "Well, my best friend is getting married and she asked me to be a bridesmaid. So, naturally, I have to find a very nice dress to look spectacular in. But one that's also affordable, because my mum will kick my a** if I spend too much. See the dilemma?" She smirked and then nodded, stepping into the dressing room. "The colors are light blue and like a creme-ish color, so I have to find something in that range," she said from the dressing room, quickly changing into the first dress. Biting her lip, she stepped out and turned to him. "What do you think about this one?"

User Image

σut σf chαrαctєr
{...}

Jade Galaksylph

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:48 pm
User Image
𝔐𝔦𝔯𝔷𝔞𝔪 ℌ𝔞𝔯𝔯𝔦𝔰𝔬𝔫 𝔒𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔰

"Oh, that's kinda awesome!" Mirzam smiled back at her since obviously wedding parties are really fun to be a part of. While he was never invited to a wedding party, he always liked parties mainly because it was fun to be with people. He snorted at her remark about buying a nice and affordable dress lest that she might get her a** kicked by her mom, and while he doesn't have a mom, he pretty much considered his guardian Miss Jack as one and she's the one who persuaded him to get a job by himself. "Pffft yeah, I can see that. I tend to just sew clothes on my own at home so I don't really have to buy anything, but I'm still improving as an apprentice so there's that." But it's hard to design clothes, though, and he obviously didn't want to waste Ms. McKinney's cloth storage so he just used what he bought at home. He nodded when she proceed to the dressing room while she noted that she's looking for a blue-and-creme type of dress, sounds like a beach-theme to him. When she eventually came out from the room with a blue dress and asked for his opinion, well actually, he actually find the dress matching to her. Smiling he gave her a thumbs-up, "It looks nice for me," He said, then he proceeded to be friendly like he always do, "Anyway, uhm, I've been here in England for a while and, yeah. My name's Mirzam, by the way so... " He felt abit awkward this time, which was rather an uncommon occasion, because he always trained his social skills since... ever.

SummerIsles

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:00 pm

kчlα cσllíns

She frowned slightly as she looked at herself in the mirror, then spun in the dress, watching the frilly bits for action. "No," she declared definitively, then turned and swept back into the changing room. "Nice to meet you Mirzam. I'm Kyla," she said as she changed into a different dress. This one was a little more frilly around the edges and a deeper blue. Stepping out, she modeled the dress off for him. "How does this one look?" she asked, turning back to the mirror. Studying herself in the mirror for a few, she sighed and turned back to Mirzam. "You're not originally from here?" She sounded earnestly interested in his background and she was. She didn't know that many people and since leaving Hogwarts, she talked to almost no one, except her boss and Lyre, occasionally Ada... She wanted more friends.

User Image

σut σf chαrαctєr
{...}

Jade Galaksylph

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:29 pm
User Image
𝔐𝔦𝔯𝔷𝔞𝔪 ℌ𝔞𝔯𝔯𝔦𝔰𝔬𝔫 𝔒𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔰

Mirzam snorted quietly when the moment he said that her dress was okay, she said the complete opposite and proceeded to go for another trip to the dressing room. That's fine though, he thought, people usually just can't be satisfied on their first try anyway. He noted her name immediately and less than a minute later she came out with another dress-- Huh, that dress was quite frilly for him, well, not his business to snoop about but it was just that the frilly dresses weren't his type. He hummed for a moment and he pretty much think that that might be sewn by his boss, because he doesn't do frills so he said, "Hmm... Personally frilly stuffs aren't my thing but, that dress looks fine on you as well." He gave Kyla a sheepish and awkward smile and when she asked him if he was not originally from England he proceeded to sit on the counter and answered, while he was thinking carefully about the info he was going to say, "Well, I'm born here in England with English parents-- Well, I mean, as far as I could recall, I think my mom's Spanish but anyway," He waved his hand as if dismissing about his parents, since he doesn't want to talk about his dead mom and jerk dad, he continued, "Anyway, I was around like seven or eight when I moved to America to study in Salem, and then stayed there for while after graduating. Then um, I used to work for the Law Enforcement Patrol over there but then I quit to do this," He had a jested tone in the last part of his statement, as he thought that it was quite funny. "I think I might be stating the obvious here but I assume you're from, you know, Hogwarts? My siblings used to study there as well"

SummerIsles

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:55 pm

kчlα cσllíns

When he basically said that the dress was too frilly, she nodded. She wasn't a big fan of frills either, but the color scheme was correct. Eh, whatever. She shrugged and tucked back into the dressing room to try on the third selection. "Hm, America? I've always wanted to go there, but it's so big." She came out with the third dress on. "Yeah, I was born here, raised here and went to boring old Hogwarts. My dad was a Muggle, so the first few years of my life were spent not believing in magic. After he died though, I learned about magic and stuff. It was definitely an interesting experience." She twirled in the dress, watching the way it spun in the mirror. She liked this dress. It was a little darker in color, but it definitely fit the color scheme. "Do I look pretty in this dress?' she asked, turning her bright blues on him inquisitively.

User Image

σut σf chαrαctєr
{...}

Jade Galaksylph

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:21 pm
User Image
𝔐𝔦𝔯𝔷𝔞𝔪 ℌ𝔞𝔯𝔯𝔦𝔰𝔬𝔫 𝔒𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔰

"America's big, alright," He laughed, since after all in his experience, there were times that he had to do some six-hour drive, sometimes more than six hours, to visit a muggle friend. "Hours of driving were pretty common though of course I could just apparate sometimes. To be honest, I would recommend Massachusetts or Ohio, I hear that the latter sounds nice over there" He raised an eyebrow and tilted his head out of curiosity when she described Hogwarts as "old boring Hogwarts", "Oh? What's Hogwarts' like, then?" While he never went to Hogwarts before he thought that that school was a great school for him. He wanted to ask her about her mother but he didn't feel like he should he prying about her personal especially when he just met her, so he just listened to her quietly and nodded. He never had a great father-figure, but he considered his guardian a great mother-figure to him. His dad was quite... something he never want to talk about, who even wanted to say that their dad was a drunkard who happened to kill people? That's a rhetorical question. Pushing those thoughts back to his head, he watched her twirl the dress instead. Mirzam liked the dress, though, so when she again asked him about the dress, he gave her a genuine smile, "Yeah, that dress is better than the other two,"

SummerIsles

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:29 pm

kчlα cσllíns

She pouted, then shrugged and said, "Well, Hogwarts would probably be exciting to someone who's never been there. It was a giant, old castle with a lake and a forest. Common castle-y sights, I guess. It was always cold, except in front of the fire. But at least the food was good." She shrugged and looked at herself in the mirror again. He said the dress was better than the others but he didn't pay her the compliment she was desperately seeking. Why did she need his compliment anyway? She didn't have to impress him. She didn't even know him. Yet, she'd let slip her father's fate so easily. It was like she could easily talk to him. And that was why she desperately needed his compliment. She realized it had been a while since she'd spoken, and she had spent the whole time staring in the mirror. Turning, she blushed a little. "I'm not really vain like that. I go off on these mental tangents and just kinda zone out. I'll take this one," she said with a nod. Stepping into the changing room, she started to change back into her clothing. "You know, I work here in Diagon too. Over at the ice cream parlor. You should come in some time. I'd love to hear more about your travels." Emerging from the changing room with dress in hand, she smiled at him, hoping he'd take the invitation.

User Image

σut σf chαrαctєr
{...}

Jade Galaksylph

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:37 pm
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░
xxxxxxxxJ A Y D E N D R I C K S O N

Graduated ◆ Former Gryffindor ◆ Pure Blood

User Image

Nobody thinks what I think,
                                                      Nobody dreams when they blink
                                                      Think things on the brink of blasphemy
                                                      I'm my own shrink
                                                      Think things are after me, my catastrophe
                                                      I'm a kitchen sink,

Jayden casually walked into the shop and glanced around. He had a nice big manor at home, but he much preferred to be close to Tori. He was kind of sort of obsessed with her. Which wasn't a bad thing... except the last girl he'd been obsessed with had broken his heart, so really it was kind of terrifying too. But this one.... this one he wasn't going to ******** up. He glanced around the shop and spotted her helping some little first year. She looked even more beautiful every day. But today he wasn't here for her. Instead he was here to see Fiona Mc-something or other. The owner of the shop, and the one that he knew had a flat for rent above the shop. A flat he very much wanted. Not only to get away from his parents, but also because he'd be closer to the store Tori interned at and the store Tori loved. And you know... Tori herself.

His long term plan was of course to ask her to move in with him after she graduated. But first he had to convince her that he was perfect for her. Which he was. He knew he was. But did she know? She needed to know too. He glanced around for the owner of the shop. "Uhh... I'm looking to rent the flat above this place?" He called out curiously.

░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
                                                      ooc:

Are you searching for purpose?
                                                      Then write something, yeah it might be worthless
                                                      Then paint something then, it might be wordless
                                                      Pointless curses, nonsense verses
                                                      You'll see purpose start to surface

░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
ooc:

Cara MiaKitty

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

oyehh

Feral Fairy

25,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:07 am
User Image

L U C I N D AxxxJ A C O B S

FIRSTxYEAR xxxxxxUNSORTEDxxxxxxPUREBLOOD

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Lucy almost couldn't believe that she'd be starting her first year at Hogwarts; she'd finally gotten her letter and she was almost beyond happy, other than the fact that Daniel wouldn't be there. The reminder that her brother would be stuck at the awful school alone was nearly enough to knock out all the joy in her system, but Lucy shook her head; she could dwell on that later. At the moment she was in Diagon Alley with her uncle Jon, her cousin Reyna and that troll Rey was unfortunately related to, Peter. That boy wouldn't shut up on the way and only quieted when both her and Rey snapped at him to zip it.

To Lucy's delight, the first store they entered was Madam Malkin's where Uncle Jon left them to get their uniforms while he went to buy some supplies. Lucy didn't visit Diagon Alley often; her family usually got their supplies at the local market and her bought the rest himself after work and Lucy was excited to see whatever the store offered. Rey was up first so while she was getting her measurements, Lucy gravitated towards one of the robe racks, gawking at the gorgeously embroidered robes, not noticing Peter who sullenly followed her. These look so pretty! Maybe she could convince her mom to visit later and maybe some of the robes? She wanted to examine them more later because they were very well-done.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

c u r r e n t l yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                  ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                                  a txxMadam Malkin'sxxxxxw i t hxxPeter Whyte
                                                                  f e e l i n gxxexcitedxxxxxw e a r i n gxxcasual clothes

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

o o c
                                                              ━━━━
                                                              That took longer than expected, sorry ^^"

murruelecreuset

The Graveyard (Trash)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces