Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply Saved RPs
"The Inquisitors." (Open and Accepting!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:23 pm
Paper Satellite

(OOC: Sorry to bug ya, just though it might be good for me to remind you that things are still technically active. No pressure, just want to be sure everything is okay with you. Go ahead and post whenever you want to.)  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:57 pm
User Image
Tessa Lozi

Tessa's first feelings about the stranger were confusing. She blinked when he stepped off the train. When Tessa overheard Camus mention a "who" to this whole package deal, she'd expected someone more intimidating, or with and air of strength, but it was Victor Smythe, a former noble and moral business. She arched a brow inquisitively and watched, and also listened to everyone else's opinions.

The two soldiers didn't seem to think much, asides from that he didn't look anything like a demon hunter. Pendleton Moore, however, piped up, muttering that he was in fact from the temple. Ah, so that's how it is. Another one with experience.

Vashani, the Lishundan, had cozied up to the Wolf of Whitehaven, and both of them paused in their discussions about blades (which irked her when Ayden mentioned that a noble could merely learn to hold a gun) to comment on their partnered dislike of the man.

Camus was as tense as Tess had seen him thus far. He looked brooding. She also did not expect to try to sound so formal, and be brushed off so casually. Tessa struggled with a smirk and sympathy for Camus, but at least Victor seemed professional, despite his...leading stories. Camus bristled.

And Vashani took the lead, asking for his pardon to leave and collect his supplies. Tessa chose the space after the Lishundan had left and dipped a nod at Camus. "A pleasure, Mr. Smythe. Camus, I should pick up some things as well. Is there anything specific I should keep in mind while packing?"

((whooo! Finally got time to respond!))  

Cement Cake

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:17 pm
Colonel Lowsley and his aide, Captain Morris

The Colonel stood stoic as ever as he watched Camus and Mr. Smythe argue over orders and conduct. He wasn't quite sure which of the two were in charge, personally he felt Camus would be in charge, solely because a looser-cannon like Smythe was good an all to have around, just not at the helm. Unorthodox ideas had seen a good deal of action in the Southern isles, though he figured in a differing capacity... Never mind that. When the gentleman turned to address him and Morris, who was leaning comfortably against a pillar, he kept in mind Mr. Moore's verification of his ability. It proved tricky. The man seemed... Almost too chipper. But he'd make a great addition to the group, considering he had actual orders. When Crimson mentioned their time schedule, he couldn't help but nod agreement.
"Yes. We really should move on to an ACTUAL sort of plan, organize for the first objective."
Captain Morris, on the other hand, couldn't help but like the guy. Reassured the man could hold his own in a fight, he listened with interest, chuckling heartily at the bit about his exploits with a Demoness. Smythe felt like the type of person he'd be, if he was rich and more flirtatious, so the ideal comrade. Noting that the Lishundan had left, he figured it was time to move on to the next objective. Shame really, it would mean living the city most likely. He'd grown to like it here, after getting back from deployment.

Pendleton Moore, Ex-executioner of the Wicked

Pendleton for the most part stood miffed over in his corner of the group, arms crossed, watching the group intently. The Lishundan and the other Demon hunter from Whitehaven seemed sort of chummy together, but she had a horse, probably liked the poor furball as a pet more than anything. He noted the creature taking off, whispering something to Camus before leaving.
And the dog returns to his master's feet, ready to do his.... Dammit, he's a cat. Well that analogy doesn't work...
Now noticing that the other female of the group needed to pick up supplies, he wondered what he'd need. Likely nothing, possibly food, but that could easily be acquired. He was used to living off the land. The Demon and the Colonel now had said something about moving on, and for once, he agreed. He mumbled and agreement of sorts, and cracked his knuckles, anxious.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:32 am
Name: Bronte Hill
Race/Nationality/Species: Lishundian Troll/Dalcarian{making him half-troll]
Orientation: Heterosexual
Personality: Bronte is an intellectual of sorts, he is quiet most of the time, but once in his comfort zone he can be talkative, but not all of the time. Bronte prefers to observe those around them. Assessing them in an almost inhuman speed, just off of the way their voice may sound or off of a simple reply. This causes him to be good at reading emotions even if they are being masked up. Bronte has impeccable common sense & logic, this causes him to be easily irritated with those who lack it. He also hates repetition whether it's coming from himself or another individual.

Rank: Bronte is a moderately known golgari guild member, the guild holds no real ranks other than guildmage & guildmaster so he does not own a specific title in that sense. Bronte isn't a part of the military, but he definitely has similar if not better fighting skills. Being a well-known guild memeber gives him some popularity points, but Bronte prefers to stay just outside the capital in the jungle, so he has no real social standings outside of his guild unless you knew of the golgari guild members yourself. Bronte makes a good amount of money from selling things he hunts which can vary greatly for a hunter of his caliber, but this is most likely because of his simple lifestyle outside of the capital, that doesn't require much money to maintain.
Education: Though Bronte lives in the jungle he once lived in the capital with his mother who made sure he at least had a good education, because it was all she could really provide. This combined with Bronte being born an intellectual made it easy for him to learn even past what he was taught in school. Bronte often reads books to keep his brain occupied in the jungle, when he's not hunting, or selling things. He has a whole room full of books in his home.

Religion/Philosophy: The Golgari Swarm is the embodiment and amalgamation of life and death. The guild believes that life and death are both natural and are essential to, and as essential as, one another, with life and death being natural elements of a cycle with no intermediary break. Growth, and thus power, however slowly but ruthlessly and inevitably, are key to the Swarm, As a consequence of their necromantic magic, the Golgari are a quickly growing Dalcarian guild.
Political Ideals: Read above.

Biography: Bronte was born unto a mother who loved him, but was in a rather poor situation it was a wonder Bronte didn't develop troll features other than their hulking size as he stood at 6'4", they had to make due with what they had & that sometimes meant having to get handouts from family, his mother didn't like asking for anything which made Bronte this way as well as he grew. Bronte felt that he was the only reason they were forced to be poor, but they never wanted for food which he didn't quite understand until he found out his mom belonged to a organization, a guild, the golgari, when Bronte found this out he waited a year or two & swore his allegiance to the guild, he was still in school at the time, but he still managed to make time for guild activities & such, but as soon as he graduated he moved out into the jungle & began a trade which he used to give his mother money. To get her nicer things even though she was content with her life. Bronte met his father at the guildhall he harbored an untamed rage for the troll who left his mother to be poor & ended up killing him in a fight weeks later, he didn't have the looks of a troll, but certainly the rage of one. Then Bronte went on the run for awhile, he stayed in the jungle training, hunting, & trading to survive, he even built his whole house. His father & guild come from small islands in Lishunda.
How did you end up at the Palace: I was told by my guildmage to come to the Palace, because the king required the assistance of the golgari.

Skills: Being a hunter & all I'm a skilled tracker & trapper. I can also cook kind of well, it's a little above average I'd say. I'm a well developed fighter my moves may look rudimentary, but I promise you they are extremely effective. I'm also a good grappler this is due to having to wrestle with my hunts sometimes namely the species of boar that I made my clothing out of, since their hide is tough to pierce I couldn't just shoot them it was hard enough to get a knife through their hide.

Transportation: I can ride horses & drive, but I prefer my Hawkstrider(the right one.)
Home: My Home is just outside the walls of dalcaria

Likes: Reading, Fighting, Hunting, exchanging opinions or arguing with someone with equal or greater intelligence.
Dislikes: Ignorance, Repetition, Unnecessary actions

Weapons: My Hunting Knife, my Spear & my throwing bolas, bow (in picture) {can be used as a slashing weapon due to the hidden blades on the front.]
Clothing/Armor: Armor
Powers: I dabble in a little biomancy & necromancy as well.

Picture: User Image
Theme Song: N/A  

Wazi Kong

Liberal Conversationalist

6,950 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

ben9x

Quotable Saint

10,925 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:50 am
Username: ben9x
Name: Sashe Bourbon
Race/Nationality/Species: Human, Payen
Orientation: heterosexual
Personality: Caring, calm and laid back.

Education: Highly educated in Math, science, literature and magic with a strong knowledge of armed combat.

Factions: Payen royals and nobles

Religion/Philosophy: Sashe believes in the One but is also in the process of laying down a buddhist style philosophy called Amélior.
Political Ideals: Political parties are of no interest to him, once he is king he will be able to fix all the problems of his nation

Biography: Sashe is the eldest prince of a nation called Pays. Not having been the ones to have instigated the war Pays was more than willing to end it and thus was one of the first nations to sign the peace treaty put forth by Dalcaria. Once he had heard of the new grand Chancellor, Sashe wished to see this man for himself. Since Pays had so-willingly signed the peace treaty, he was allowed to enter the country.

How did you end up at the Palace: Foreign education followed by a summon from the chancellor

Skills: Chess, water magic, and peacetalks

Transportation: Horse or walking
Home: La palace de des Gens

Likes: Soft bread, equal treatment of citizens, relaxation and meditation
Dislikes: inequality of citizens, overly rich food,

Weapons: lightly gilded spear with a detachable spear head to make a simple staff
Clothing/Armor: simple, baggy white wool
Powers: Healing and water magic

Picture: User Image but without all that gold  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:23 am
After arriving in Dalcaria Sashe lead his horse to the palace to meet with the chancellor. Upon arriving at the palace, however, the guards told him that he had missed his meeting with the chancellor and that he would need to go to the train station, where he would find the group he was meant to meet up with. A little bit confused about what group he was supposed to meat up with, Sashe jumped onto his horse and rode to the train station, hoping that he would be able to find what group that the guards had told him to meet up with.
Thankfully, when Sashe arrived at the train station he realized why the guard hadn't felt the need to give a description of the group. Sashe could take a guess, as to which group he was to be meeting up with, as soon as he entered the station. He walked up to the rag-tag group, and being that Victor was the most professional looking, Sashe asked him: "Good day. What, if you don't mind my asking, have I been signed up for?"
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

ben9x

Quotable Saint

10,925 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:12 pm
(OOC: Sorry I can't post just yet folks, but I'll be on a bit later to do one! Thank you to everyone for keeping us mobile as well, we're pretty much ready to move onto our first mission now!)  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:45 am
OoC: Sith do you mind if I use your rules list on my new rp, I seem to leave things out, plus I'm not to good with making rules.  

Wazi Kong

Liberal Conversationalist

6,950 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:15 pm
Reo Kage
OoC: Sith do you mind if I use your rules list on my new rp, I seem to leave things out, plus I'm not to good with making rules.

(OOC: Sure! No problem at all! I admit I sometimes worry about leaving things out too, so I know where you're coming from. xp )  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:36 pm
(OOC: Sorry for not replying yet folks, I've been... Busy with something unfortunately. It's a debate, and one that I very much wish didn't exist. I don't think I should go into details because some of you may be a bit squeamish to the subject. I'm personally just so disappointed that a debate like this actually exists, and that there are actually people on the side I'm against.)  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:04 am
The Lady Reaper

Paper Satellite

Korn On A Stik

Ahlys

Kami GearX

hunter-the wanderer

Xela_The_Red

The_Sane_Hatter

Reo Kage

ben9x

Lord Sithious

(OOC: Sorry again for the mega-quote all! Just wanted to be sure you all knew I was finally posting and getting us to move along.)

Camus

Camus looked around, taking everything that was happening in as the group became more active. Vashani rejoined them with armor and other items for the mission it seemed, and everyone else seemed to be chiming in about needing to get the mission under way. He didn't respond to what Crimson had said about needing something a little more unconventional (Smythe), as he figured the only things he would end up saying would not be good ones. Crimson wouldn't end up getting offended, but Smythe? Well, insults more or less bounced off him and ended up just making Camus more mad, so he'd let it go for now.

Still, as the questions about getting going poured in, Camus found himself blushing slightly. He actually had no idea what the plan was supposed to be. Camus was more or less under the impression that His Excellency would have sent orders by now, but that hadn't happened yet. Camus looked, with slight dread, to Smythe, who seemed to be all smiles and cheer at the moment.

Victor Smythe

Victor noticed Camus had no idea what was going on, so Victor gave him a slight pat on the shoulder. "Don't worry old bean, His Excellency thought it would be more efficient just to send the orders with me. Besides, now we don't need to spend any time asking him questions." He looked over to Crimson for a moment and smiled a rascally smile. "Oh, I have been known to keep more than a few demons hopping on their toes most often. I've ah, learned a lot of tricks to this trade." He looked to everyone else and smiled with a nod. "Indeed, the plan is already made up, not an entirely difficult one either. But I'll get to that in a moment." Smythe turned to Tessa to address her question and comment.

"Pleasure to meet you as well miss, always a pleasure. As for what you may need, well just about whatever you can bring for weapons. Bullets will be handy, but regular ones aren't always best for taking on the nasties. But, if you don't have anything special for the occasion, I believe I may have a few enchantments I can use to make them pack a little extra punch. Also, most of the Temples throughout Dalcaria will provide enchanting services as well, so I can help with that." He allowed a pause to let her, and the others, take this information in.

Smythe found his attention distracted quite quickly however by a totally new voice, and turned to see a young, rather fancy looking fellow. After a quick look over the boy, Smythe figured he must be about 17 or so, and likely holding back some kind of fighting skill other than guns. Perhaps a sword, or maybe magic? Either way, if he isn't a good fighter now, it won't take too much to change that he figured. Victor chuckled slightly at the boy's question however and nodded as he ran over his answer. "You've been hired to kill demons my boy! Probably not exactly what you were expecting eh? Well, if you want to leave, you should do so now, but I suspect you might be handy in a fight, so why not stick around?"

With a smile and another quick look to everyone else, Victor nodded again before speaking. "We're sticking around town, just for a little bit. We have... 'Business' to attend to in the Old Town district. We'll be heading through a small memorial park close to the river, then into the Market District, and from there directly into Old Town. Don't worry about getting any special gear though, if our intel is correct, this will be more of a... traditional sort of fight." Victor smiled slyly as he turned around and picked up some luggage. One piece was just a simple looking, brown leather bag, the other was a fine cane. With that in hand, he tipped it to everyone else and began walking. "If you'll all follow me, I feel inclined to give a tour!"

Camus didn't like having Smythe in charge of all this, but he did seem to have a better grasp of the situation. Plus, Camus wasn't exactly the leader of the group, just the liaison to the Grand Chancellor. Still, he'd be sure to keep this mission organized, and moving forward. With a nod of his head in response to the new movement, he quickly followed close behind Smythe, letting him conduct his little 'tour'.

Jack

Jack smirked to himself slightly at the mention of Old Town. When they got closer to the location, he'd be sure and let everyone know to perhaps let him do more of the talking. People in Old Town did not take kindly to outsiders, even if they were with Jack. Still, he also knew few people that would mess with such a large, and relatively armed, group. He followed as well, keeping more to the middle of the group this time.

A little while later, the group was finally making it's way through the park Victor had mentioned before. It was much more open in the middle area, where they were walking through right now, but there were trees off to the sides. The most notable feature about the park, however, was all the statues around. Victor had a big grin on his face the whole time, especially when they came up to one which seemed to be very important. It was a statue of a woman, wearing some sort of military uniform, and with an ancient looking war helmet at her feet. In one of her hands, she was holding a sword, with the tip pressed in the ground. In the other, she had a shield, which was also in a sort of resting position on the ground, with her hand at the top of it. Dalcaria's flag design (colorless due to the stone material) was emblazoned on it. The woman was beautiful, but also stern looking. She was the sort of woman men would be attracted to, but she had the fact that first and foremost would command respect out of those men. Respect and loyalty.

"Well folks, here you have our first tour sighting! This woman isn't just some pretty face, she is one of the most important women in Dalcaria's history, Queen Jessamine Clarion. She was the leader in charge of Dalcaria during the Great Demon War." Victor pointed at her and indicated her outfit. "You see the clothing? She actually did where something very similar to this during many of the battles, although I don't think she wore the helmet or shield. No idea about the sword though. She wasn't just a Queen to those men and women back then, she was a leader, a general in all respects." Victor checked his pocket watch quick and smiled. "We actually have quite a bit of time left, so if you'd like to have a chance to enjoy anything here, I think that wouldn't be an issue." He looked over to Camus for confirmation.

Camus looked to Victor, then to the statue and bobbed his head from side to side. "It's up to everyone else, so long as we are on time for this objective." A slight smile made its way to Camus's face as he too sort of admired this whole place. It sort of told a brief history of Dalcaria in statues, statues of people, places, and events that helped shape the nation. It was nowhere's close to being like an actual museum, but it did the trick and in much less time.

(OOC: Alright, ball is in your court now everyone! If you want to learn a quick little bit of Dalcaria's history before we get too much further, now is an excellent time. We'll do a brief stop in the Market District too so everyone can purchase things they may need. Plus, it acts as an opportunity to see, in a small way, what the empire kind of looks like. wink )  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:20 pm
Colonel Lowsley and his aide, Captain Morris

Lowsley listened attentively to Victor, who seemed to outrank Camus in a way, seeing as he had the orders from the Chancellor. It was a shame, that. Camus had taken the initiative, only to be outranked. It appeared that there was already a course of action drawn up, so at least they wouldn't be wasting more time on that. When bullets were mentioned, he glanced over at Captain Morris. He'd certainly be taking advantage of that. He was a good man to have in a fight, but against demons... He'd probably not want to run out of bullets. He moved after Mr. Smythe, rolling his eye at the mention of a 'tour'. The Captain moved up into his spot next to him, eyeing the Lishudan's newly acquired armor.
"Not meaning to tear you down Colonel, but it would appear you've just lost you edge against one of the members of the group you could beat in a fight."
"What? You mean the Lishundan? What's that supposed to mean?"

The Captain chuckled, and held up his hands.
"Well, I got sort of thinking along the walk to the train station who among us with swords could beat who in a fight. You were second in the ranking, losing out to the female hunter, because she's got more reach and heft to her sword than yours. It was a close fight for second, but now that the Lishundan's got armor, I doubt you'd be able to get past that."
"I think you forgot I'm trained in magic."
"Yeah, but that would be cheating."
"Cheating? No, that's an edge. Like armor."
"Definitely cheating, sir."
"Whatever, have you ever been to Old Town? Perhaps gone down there on a pub crawl or something."
"Yeah, once or twice. 'Tis an interesting place."
"That means you were too hammered to remember, doesn't it?"
".... Perhaps."

(( Lowsley, Morris, and Pendleton are all neutral on group vote for more History. Sorry, writers block. Been using all the creative writing juice for essays over spring break. ))  

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

ben9x

Quotable Saint

10,925 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:56 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Sashe was quite interested in the statues. Mostly he was interested in the artwork that was put into them, most had been marvelously carved and were wonderful pieces of art. As he was admiring the statues he noticed one which appeared to be the oldest out of them all, the base detail was still there but most of it have been weathered away as time passed on. "Who was this?" he asked Victor.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:12 pm
User Image
The Wolf Of Whitehaven

Aydan continued her silent conversation withTândin before noticing she was being watched.Glancing to Tessa she gave a small frown at the insulted look on the woman's face.Shed meant no insult on the blades comment nor the one about guns, just that so far as she'd seen, none of the other used a blade as their sole weapon.

She watched their newest member, a young boy inquire to Victor on what was going on and grinned slightly.The Chancellor really did like leaving people in the dark.She leaned against the big horse and listened, grudgingly admitting once one got past Smythes faults, he seemed decent enough.

"Have you a problem Seanathair, or are you just admiring the horse?" Her attention was now on Moore.His brooding look had her curious, if not wary.The term she used was old and not often heard outside of the Whitehaven Provence, literally translating to 'old father'.Those who earned were either old enough to be a grandfather, or had enough experience to be considered an elder.It was a sign of respect, of sorts.

Aydan fall owed behind the group, pausing to study some statue of another along the way, still waiting for a reply.Shed seen Vashanis armor, and had deemed it passable, but knew he'd have to have it strengthen by a temple, herself, Moore or Smythe before it saw battle with a demon.The history of the monarchs and the city were bland, but vaguely interesting.

((>< I do believe this is one of the worst posts I've ever written))  

The Lady Reaper

Surefire Alchemist

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:11 pm
The Lady Reaper
((>< I do believe this is one of the worst posts I've ever written))

(OOC: Nonsense! I thought it was fine, including the Seanathair part, although I wasn't sure who it was directed at right away. sweatdrop Thought I had forgotten someone's name for a second. xp )

(OOC: @ Everyone: Not assuming anything here, but just wanted to let everyone know that I have a little thing I think would go pretty well with Sashe's question about the roughed up statue, so I will be giving some history on that myself, just so you all know. Don't want to skip over a chance to flesh things out a bit for history. 3nodding Also, I'm going to refrain from posting for a bit, until a few others post at least. Don't try to wait too long though everyone, we'll be coming up to a fight soon enough, so I don't want to take too long getting to it.)  
Saved RPs

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff