Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: Ultimate Roleplaying (NUR) [CLOSED]

Back to Guilds

A long-lived guild, filled with memories of a time long-gone. RIP NUR. 

Tags: naruto, roleplaying, jutsu, fantasy, discussion 

Reply Hidden Leaf Village - Konohagakure [LOCKED]
Forest of Endless Strength [Training Grounds-LV.3] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 31 32 33 34 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Just War

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:06 pm
Kokunai Fuwa

"Big Things Have Small Beginnings"

User Image

Kokunai's eyes widened in astonishment as his opponent was just like that stripped from the battle. He landed softly, rolling to prevent any damage due to the height. "What an unexpected turn of events.... How exciting" Kokunai mused now realizing this meant his fight would not be a two on one. Kokunai loved experiencing the unexpected and this certainly fit into that category. "How strange the women in this village are. Well at least it is an exciting turn of events" Kokunai concluded before turning his attention to his new opponent.

"He is obviously a doton user and can submerge himself in the earth. I will need to be wary of this fact. If he pulls he in I'll for sure be out of the fight" Kokunai thought while focusing his attention on the ground. "Ozzy, can you see him when he is down there? I am a pretty quick and have good reflexes so I think I can dodge adequately enough but the more info you can relay to me the better we can coordinate a counter." Kokunai spoke aloud, a phlegmatic tone dominated his words showing just how natural this situation felt to him. "I've got to find a way to neutralize that ability the sooner I do the sooner we can turn the tables." Kokunai concluded keeping his attention on the ground while trying to think up a way to prevent his opponent from being able to freely travel unseen.

/Konohagakure/ - /Genin/ - /Out of Combat/ - /Katon/
/Chakra: 95/100/ - /Matatabi Host - unaware/

OOC:
Jutsu Used:
People Quoted:
IrIshInjun95

riotb0y

jedimastersonic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:55 pm
x-Phoenix Phyre-x
User Image
JUN
Matsumoto

Genin || Konohagakure || Taijutsu || Jyuugo
Speed 4 || Strength 5
Chakra 100/100

Jun breathed deep as he ran across the village all the way into the wooded training area, where he expected to meet up with his new partner. They had both recently graduated from the academy, and as new Genin, they had a lot of skills yet to learn before they would really be of any use to anyone. Though the task of rigorous training seemed daunting, Jun was revved up for the challenge. Looking around the grounds anxiously, he quickly shimmied up on of the trees to get a better vantage point, peering through the midday sun to see if anyone was approaching. This would be his first chance at making a real friend... He hoped he wouldn't mess it up.

User Image

Passive Abilities:
Can speak with animals
Regain +10 Chakra per post
All attacking jutsu are -1 rank in effectiveness, 3 ranks lower are negated
Elemental Transformations:
Wind - Wings, +1 Speed, Aerial Combat
Fire - Thrusters, +1 Strength
Water - Immune to Poisons, Healing:
Small Wounds = Instant
Large Cuts/External Damage = 2 posts
Broken Bones = 3 posts
Lost Limbs = 5 posts
Healing others completely = -2/-2 and Transformation Jutsu -1 Rank Effectiveness
Earth - +1 Strength, Use for Added Damage, Tough Skin:
Genin = Iron
Chuunin = Steel
Jounin = Tempered Steel
Sannin - Tungsten
Kage = Titanium
Lightning - Acute Taste/Smell/Balance/Vision, +1 Speed

Equipment:
Kunai
Shuriken
Smoke Bombs

Techniques:
Universal
Henge no Jutsu (Transformation) - D
Kawarimi no Jutsu (Substitution) - D
Nawanuke no Jutsu (Escape) - D
Aerial Dodge - C
Kinobori no Jutsu (Tree/Wall Climbing) - C
Fuuton
Yadama Furooseigyo (Projectile Control Skill) - D
Taijutsu
Hayabusa Otoshi (Peregrine Falcon Drop) - C
Jyuugo
Transformation: Tail/Claws/Fangs - C

LawlessE n i g m a

User ImagexxxxxxxxxNoriko x Y a m a n a k axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx❀❀
User Image
Don't ever tell me that I am not enough

xxxThis world is my life ; I live and breath this stuff

xxxxxxEven if my collarbone's crushed of crumbled --

xxxxxxxxxI will never trip or stumble

xxxxxxxxxxxxI'll be your friend, until the very bitter end . . .

Rank: Genin ; Village: Konohagakure ; Clan: Yamanaka ; Class: Ninjutsu
Chakra: 145 ; Strength: 3 ; Speed: 3

✿✿✿xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As she makes her way across the village, Noriko feels little butterflies in her belly as a small smile spreads across her face. She was supposed to be meeting her new partner, today... "what are they going to be like to work with," she wonders, stepping out onto the wide open plain of grass surrounded by thick forest and looking around. A tiny frown tugs at the corners of her mouth and draws her brows a little lower over her eyes. It didn't look like anyone was here expecting a meeting. Maybe that hadn't gotten here yet? She could sense the chakras of those training and sparring nearby, and she makes a mental note to keep clear of anyone that was throwing off any sort of aggression. She wasn't in the mood to fight, right now. She had her own agenda, in working with her fellow genin.

There was an odd prickling sensation that skittered across Noriko's neck, making the girl turn around and look into the trees with the sense of heebie-jeebies. Was someone in there? No... Something was telling her to look up. Once she did, Noriko could see a figure up in the canopy... and she couldn't hold back the small laugh that the sight made her work up. "Helloooo, up there!" she says with a smile, raising her arm up in a big wave to get the person's attention. "Are you waiting for someone, too?" It was possible that she was interrupting someone's meditation, but something told Noriko that she didn't need to worry too much.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx✿✿✿

iamWanderlust626

Spirited Elder

8,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Marathon 300

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:17 pm
User Image
JUN
Matsumoto

Speed 4 || Strength 5
Chakra 100/100

Hearing a feminine voice calling up at him from the ground, Jun leans over to look and see who it was. A girl? Talking to him? Lifting a hand, he pointed to himself questioningly, but as he did so his weight suddenly shifted and his balance was lost, sending the boy sliding and bumping down the tree to land with a loud 'Oof!' on the ground. Crumpling up and holding the back of his head where he'd hit it, Jun winced as his eyes teared up a little. "... Owwww..... Yeah, I'm waiting for my partner.... Are you her? I wasn't expecting a girl..." Not that he had really known what to expect, on his first day training. All things considered, it could have been worse - except for the fact that he had just fallen out of a tree. Real smooth.

User Image

Passive Abilities:
Can speak with animals
Small Wounds = Instant
Broken Bones = 3 posts
Lost Limbs = 5 posts
Healing others completely = -2/-2 and Transformation Jutsu -1 Rank Effectiveness
Genin = Iron
Chuunin = Steel
Jounin = Tempered Steel
Sannin - Tungsten
Kage = Titanium

Equipment:
Kunai
Shuriken
Smoke Bombs

Techniques:
Universal
Aerial Dodge - C
Fuuton
Taijutsu
Jyuugo

LawlessE n i g m a

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:36 pm
x-Phoenix Phyre-x
User Image
JUN
Matsumoto

Speed 4 || Strength 5
Chakra 100/100

Hearing a feminine voice calling up at him from the ground, Jun leans over to look and see who it was. A girl? Talking to him? Lifting a hand, he pointed to himself questioningly, but as he did so his weight suddenly shifted and his balance was lost, sending the boy sliding and bumping down the tree to land with a loud 'Oof!' on the ground. Crumpling up and holding the back of his head where he'd hit it, Jun winced as his eyes teared up a little. "... Owwww..... Yeah, I'm waiting for my partner.... Are you her? I wasn't expecting a girl..." Not that he had really known what to expect, on his first day training. All things considered, it could have been worse - except for the fact that he had just fallen out of a tree. Real smooth.

User Image

Passive Abilities:
Can speak with animals
Small Wounds = Instant
Broken Bones = 3 posts
Lost Limbs = 5 posts
Genin = Iron
Chuunin = Steel
Jounin = Tempered Steel
Sannin - Tungsten
Kage = Titanium

Equipment:
Kunai
Shuriken
Smoke Bombs

Techniques:
Universal
Aerial Dodge - C
Fuuton
Taijutsu
Jyuugo

LawlessE n i g m a

User ImagexxxxxxxxxNoriko x Y a m a n a k axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx❀❀
User Image
Don't ever tell me that I am not enough

xxxThis world is my life ; I live and breath this stuff

xxxxxxEven if my collarbone's crushed of crumbled --

xxxxxxxxxI will never trip or stumble

xxxxxxxxxxxxI'll be your friend, until the very bitter end . . .

Rank: Genin ; Village: Konohagakure ; Clan: Yamanaka ; Class: Ninjutsu
Chakra: 145 ; Strength: 3 ; Speed: 3

✿✿✿xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As she watched the boy come tumble-sliding down from the tree, Noriko didn't even realise that she'd covered her mouth and started running toward his possible landing spot as though to catch him. Right, like she was going to be able to do that? When he finally landed and curled up with a grab at his head, she bent down over him and blinked. Was he going to be okay? It didn't look like anything was broken, but it was obvious his skull was in pain. "Are you okay?" she asks slowly, looking him over and biting her lip. But then, something weird happened. She actually started to laugh -- her hands going up fast to try and hide her smile as her shoulders shake. "I didn't mean for you to fall..."

When the boy said he was waiting for his partner, Noriko raised her brows and lowered her hands to let a new grin show. But when he asked if it was her, and said he hadn't been expecting a girl, the curl in her lips lessened a little... her expression growing a bit more stubborn. "You gotta problem with me being a girl?" Sure, girls weren't always as strong as boys. But she could hold her own. And her gender had nothing to do with her real strength. "My name is Noriko... Yamanaka, Noriko.. I came here looking for my partner, too. But I have a feeling he just smacked his head, falling from a tree." Those words alone from her mouth had her giggling a little more, tension easing out of her body as she shakes her head at him. "You should be more careful..."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx✿✿✿

iamWanderlust626

Spirited Elder

8,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Marathon 300

A Just War

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:01 am

(OOC: Hey guys this is just taking too long you and Ozzy can finish up the spar, also my picture is a bit too big so I'm no going to use my signature until I get back so I can fix it)

Kokunai sighed as the fight he was so excited to begin seemed to fizzle out before any real fun could start. "At least I learned something I suppose" Kokunai mused as he sheathed his kunai in his breast pocket before removing the explosive tag he had placed on it and placed that tag in his back pouch with the rest. "Hey Ozzy, thanks for inviting me to spar but it looks like you guys will just have to finish this one up without me, my opponent got ejected and you seem to be handling yours just fine, I think I would just get in the way" Kokunai said turning before letting out a deep sigh. His mismatched eyes turned their gaze skyward before striding off towards the kages office.

-EXIT-

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:20 pm
jedimastersonic

User Image

Shikayumi Nara | Speed:4 | Strength:4 | Chalkra:110 | Medical Ninja

Shikayumi had just wrapped up her twelve step explanation on how she did her hair everymorning before releasing Kinkaru from her shadowy grasp. "Hmph," she stated; feeling like she got her point across. Straightening her satchel, Shikayumi walked off in the opposing direction; Off to change out of her wet clothes no doubt. From there, she'd make her way to the Hokage's Office in search of more work.

Quote:
Meet up at the Hokage's Office if you wanna go on a mission.

Cappey-San

Aged Gekko

9,350 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Olympian 200
  • Medalist 100

ShiningAce

Bashful Smoker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:06 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                                                xlllx ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
                                                                xlllx█████████████████████ ☩

xxxx𝔞𝔰𝔥𝔢𝔯 𝔥𝔢𝔦𝔩𝔞𝔫𝔡

Asher walked into the training grounds, his hands stuffed in the pockets of his blue coat. His experience at the raman shop wasn't very fulfilling. The whole trip just made him angry. His fist clenching inside his pockets, he kicked a tree. It made sounds of wavering, snapping, shaking, but stood firm. Asher sighed, the seering anger within him turning into condescending indifference. He was better than all these Konoha idiots. They were just second class shinobi rejects. Another kick, and the tree fell, torn from the roots.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:54 pm
                User Image
                                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHASHAO JOUKAI
                                                                              ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                                              xxxIf you want to die,
                                                                              User Image
                                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxI'll kill you for you.
                                                                              ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰
                                                                              xxxxxxxxxx Kusagakure Chuunin Ninjutsu

xxxxx Hashao entered the place, on top of the world. His time with Kleine was fulfilling enough, but now he was itching for a fight. There were three paths he could follow- towards two fights, or towards trees falling down ruthlessly. He went towards the trees. To his surprise, Asher was taking his anger out on the beautiful nature of Konoha. Going up behind him, the older boy wrapped his arms around his torso and rested his head on his shoulder. "Why are you so angry?" He wondered, kissing his neck softly.

S H I N I N G A C E

Jai Bait

Demonic Widow

5,525 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Divorced 100

riotb0y

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:30 pm
IrIshInjun95

As Michael once again used the same jutsu he sighed this wasn't the first time he had seen this jutsu done or the last. Ozzy would stab his sword into the ground as Michael attempted to grab this leg. He would then use the sword and the momentum to launch himself from the immediate area and land the lake "Michael seems we have lost mostnofnit comrades I would love to finish this but it seems pressing matters have arisen I must apologize" he let out a quick smile before vanishing

((Sorry I really won't be able to post till like Thursday I'll be on and off not to active till then. Didn't want to keep you pinned down here.))

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:35 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                                                    xx ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
                                                                    xx███████████████████████████ ☩

xxxx𝓼𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓼𝓮𝓲 𝓴𝓪𝓻𝓷𝓪𝓽𝓪
                                                                    (The Recent History of Hi no Kuni)

Step One: The Wrath of the Old World

No Particular Day, No Particular Month

My name is Shinsei Karnata. I am the Shogun of Hi no Kuni, the lord of the Fire Nation and the leader of the Heiland Clan. They call me "the Terrible," because that's what I am. Or perhaps only by their perspective. What am I that they lack? That causes them to raise words beyond the titles that follow my birthright? It is my freedom. I have always been one to do as I desire, to abandon the trivialities of laws and rules. I have always been one to act based on what brings me pleasure. With elevated position the stakes rise, but not far beyond what they were before.

As a young man I was known as Kleine. It was my birth name so I had no choice but to accept it. It brought me pride, you could say. It was a sort of primitive pleasure that I buried deep inside of me and did not speak of; that my name could be attached to feelings, of the past life and the past family in it. Eventually as my road developed and the obstacles changed, I gained a new family that came with my lineage: Karnata. I was no longer a Heiland to anyone, only the heir apparent and all that such entailed. I met with the lavished, posh bastards and their manipulative whores and professed my disgust with them. They schemed to try and kill me, favoring themselves for the position, but they could not. It was so cold and dark in their cells that they began to rest in for all time after their schemes were discovered. No one gave them food, either. They lived in there only with each other. They all faded to dust and died, unwilling to make the commitment to eat the flesh that they could.

My reign began with the death of many people that considered themselves great, influential and powerful. Family members that didn't consider me family in the dark, but rose to call me brother when it suited them. Brother. I am not that. I was not that. My only brother is a trickster and a weakling but even he is better than what they were. Nobility and birthright are not what make a man. The moment people begin to think that they're more than human simply by name rather than their actions, they will fall from prominence and burrow into a blade. I knew this. I know this. I always have.

When I first sat on the throne within the Sacred City, I felt my place desolate and dull. I charged people from all over the land to change the foundation of the land, to cultivate the people and teach them of a different way to live. One that tolerated the strong and abused the weak, one that reveled in war and pain; it was as if the Gods were striking down the miscarriages that walked across the realm. The Leaf would be harrowed with fire and blood for years to come until it was ready. It will be the land of the powerful and the worthy. Without strength and discipline you won't have food or a place to go, or arms to embrace you or laws to protect you. You prove yourself in this one life of yours or you die and meet your end.

I am the flail of God. I am his executioner, the man who wields the blade that will divide what we believe and what we see. I am the wrath of the old world, come to destroy the new.

Step Two: The Outside

11, 1st Month, The Cold March

I was once told that there's a billion different people in the world, with a thousand different complex emotions in each of them, and the complexities are ever-evolving and growing to refine themselves even more from within each man and woman. It seemed like people must be the most interesting of all animals, so attuned to their intellect that they create new worlds inside of their heads. But then I looked to the east, and then to the west, and I saw that their worlds are not so complex. Their stories do not even match up to the marvel of the world around them. Their illusions are cast upon them by means of desperation and fear. Their compassion is fueled by idiocy and simple-thinking. If we were to allow your average person to rule the fate of the world, then we would all die in a matter of years. They are not intelligent. They are only animals wearing masks, playing at men. When I realized this, I was completely stunned. The feeling of my delusion being cast aside brought me some form of pain -- you could say -- but also an intense pleasure. There was no need to allow my inhibitions to survive or thrive, and I felt free to simply reshape the world as I felt appropriate. So it began: the first campaign.

We moved against the River Country. They didn't see it, how could they? Thousands of years of peaceful coexistence and then -- to their immediate dismay -- their wives had their wombs cut open with their children torn out, their sons were being enslaved and daughters thrown into the bay and told to swim. Swim, something you don't know how to do. Persevere. If you can't survive then you die, and you are of no consequence to the world.

The men were nailed to the walls of the city, and I walked around the orb time and time again looking into their eyes. Seeing who had worth, who had strength. I refused to allow myself to believe that not even one man could be so far detached from their origin. In the face of them all, I ended up only picking one. He was only barely of age and had a weakness in his expression, but a fire that seared into him; his mind could turn the others to ash. He was a thinker, an inquirer, a wise man who could admit that he knew nothing. I asked him later that night: what do you believe, Ryuu? And he told me, "I believe in the earth and that it spans so that the two sides meet. I believe in the mountains and the deep floor of the seas. I believe the sky is blue, at least to my eyes. I believe that the sun often rises in the east and sets in the west at the fall of the equinox. I believe that I am alive, and that you're alive, and that people dream. And not much else."

From that moment, I knew that he would be my wisest man. He quickly rose to my right hand, Hashao on my left, and a legion of soldiers and slaves behind me. My horde grew and my enemies thinned. I began to set my eyes on my spirit, so that it may be at peace for the battle that would come next; one that duly involved the fate of the world.

Step Three: Imitations of Immortality

26, 3rd Month, Dawn of the Lotus

With nothing to unify them, my people will surely break apart. It may not be now. It may not be in the time where my son reigns or his son after. But the time will come when fear and authority are lost on the people and they will rise up and split as they once did. Some nations build their community based on tolerance, some on money and opportunity, some on faith and duty. Some factor in all, some factor in none and are fit to expire. Ultimately it all boils down to fear in some way, but that does not consume it all. There is a special element that is required to truly appeal to another human. It is applying logic and emotion to one plate, an intersection, a meeting between wisdom and heart. But how can such a thing exist in a country that only admires strength and nothing else? Perhaps you could say that our ability to ignore other factors implies great tolerance? Perhaps you could say that it implies opportunity for those who wouldn't otherwise have it?

One thing I've always been unsure of is how to really understand a human's mind. It can often seem like a man has been broken and reserved, consumed by another person's will. Eventually however humans always choose themselves over others. If I can build admiration and respect for the strong and the worthy, instead of simply hatred and scorn for the lesser of men, then perhaps I can build a community spirit and also cater to the self-interest so evident in people. That will require the media, the manipulation of the masses and their thoughts, constantly directing it to the feats of others. It will make them strive to become better and if not, they will recognize their peers. It is the beginning.

Education is required, generations of it, in order for people to leave behind what they have and remember the new order. But even then, they will look to the other nations and see people who claim to be free. And the other nations will declare us an enemy and pressure our people to think differently. It will not be enough. So with that in mind I have one remaining alternative.

My people, the Konohakara, will believe that they are the apex of all humans. They are superior to the rest, blessed by God to send a message to the world. We will take slaves from other nations and create hatred and disrespect within our own borders. In the face of that, the brunt of my people will feel as if they are being locked into a corner by hordes of clueless peasants that fall jealous to their divinity. They will decide that -- naturally -- it is their right to war, to fight, to judge the fate of the world. And they will be eternally loyal to the man who perpetuates this belief. Eventually the foreign slaves within my nation will perish as they will have bore no children, leaving behind thought of unnecessary rebellion. In their wake my people will educate their own children on what it means to be from the Fire Nation, and my Empire will reign in immortality.

That's my gambit. I can't afford to attempt at anything else. I need to think differently than the others before me. I'm not trying to create a stable, peaceful nation, but a land of hateful beasts with no regard for others. How can that be accomplished by love and community? Tell me that.

14, 4th Month, The Intermission of the Lotus

Do you ever wonder why you do what you do? What fuels you to act the way you feel is right -- your conscience, your culture, your lessons, your better judgment? I've always felt like it was something beyond that, a singular purpose known as self-sustenance. Was not man designed to permeate his own existence? Love, loyalty and protection -- people teach that they must all be mutual, that they must be emotions and desires shared by the ones that make up the whole. Have you wondered why that is? Why humans have morals that essentially abandon the idea of selflessness? It's because all of these 'positive' emotions are fueled by a greater desire. Men 'love and protect' women for the sake of physical pleasure and the creation of their sons and daughters. Women 'love and obey' men for the sake of protection and sustenance.

Each hint of knowledge such as this is important to learn for a man such as myself. Whether they be concluded by means of science, reasoning, logic or even a spiritual projection, every thought that throws itself into the fray known as my mind is considered by me a gift from God. I have come to a complete understanding with Him; I finally see who He is. He has showed me all of the doors, and what is behind all of the doors. I am resolved to open each of them and experience their realities for myself.

In my future I see a great, white light. I don't know where it leads. Perhaps home. Not Konoha, not Kusa or Yuki, but a place that I can build of my own will and shape the way I please. A place where the world can be reimagined. I hope that such a place exists, for although I am long from it, I yearn for it more and more with each passing day. I imagine pale creamy sands and clearer shores than the ones here.

9, 5th Month, The Fall of the Lotus

I saw a great statue of a man. It was in memory of the Hierophant of Kana, who founded the religion of the River Country. It is the worship of the great God of the Spring, a female entity that guides water and crops to the hands of the farmers. When I looked to my left and saw my generals, I commanded to them: tear it down.

This is not a land that can worship the primitive creatures of the time before. Who is this river goddess? What relevance does she have? Does she also dwell in the land of non-existence alongside Amaterasu, Izanagi, Izanami and the rest? If not, then she'll have to prove it by smiting me down from my perch. I've been endangering these people, carving them out by the tons of millions. A chaotic maelstrom constantly approaches them, and I wish to look inside of their head to see the way they feel. How does it feel to watch your family torn from you, your friends, your nation, your identity? And to know that probably, you're next. And if not, an existence below the boot of the ones that took your life from you. Is that not the ultimate despair? How does such a thing feel? Is it as my family once felt when the hordes of shinobi invaded their land?

It is a constant cycle of war and demise, so easily reciprocated. The one thing that is complex about it all is why it happens? If humans are fueled by self-sustenance, then what is the need for war and hatred? Why do they, and no other creature, feel something beyond survival? Why does it fuel them to endanger their survival, as well? It's not even a liberating factor. It exists solely for the purpose of degrading them and destroying the peace they fail at trying to create. Was it perhaps once different? Maybe one particular man -- such as myself -- existed outside of the norm and made the first act of war, forever creating a world of fear and hatred. If so, then I should like to meet him, and offer my gratitude for his efforts in creating the ideal world.

Step Four: It's All A Big Dream

2, 7th Month, the Second Summer Cycle

My name is Kozuke, a slave from the River Country. A month ago I was taken by a Konohakara raiding party, one that was consequently led by the Shogun himself; Shinsei Karnata. He looked me in the eyes like he did the rest, but more, he sent his palms flying over my skin. I was 'ideal' by his words and so he took me for a slave.

"Fetch me a different cloth, Kozuke," he commanded me. "Why?" I asked. I had become quite attuned to the way the man's mind worked. He enjoyed being asked questions, explaining his reasoning, letting others look into his mind. Perhaps because he thought it was so utterly perfect. This story wasn't going to be one that I'd enjoy. I heard only his voice. When he actually arrived and let me gaze upon him from the hallway, he was completely covered in red; blood. His skin was red, his hair, his eyelashes. He had a towel tied around his waist, implying he'd just gotten out of the shower. Sort of a waste of time if you were going to smear yourself again.

He smiled at me, and told me: "I killed Moki." At that moment, if this was even just a few days prior, I would've immediately fell to my knees and began to cry. Moki was my best friend. He was the greatest, most loyal man I'd ever known. He wasn't that smart or attractive or strong, but he had a real passion for others that could never be replaced. And yet I found myself devoid of the power to feel anything but joy at where he'd gone. The afterlife, even if you only swum with the shinigami, was a better venue than the palace of this forlorn King.

He stepped forward, and began to unwrap his towel from his waist. I stared blankly, and didn't move at all. I barely even breathed. When he was ultimately close, he removed the concealment and wrapped his bloodied body around mine. He asked: "Does that excite you?" He knew it didn't. He knew I hated it, hated him. Hated everything about him. But that only made him pursue me more. I don't know what it is that he wants from me, why he took my friends and has slaughtered them one by one. I don't get why he pursues me in such a manner, or pursues me at all. I just wish that I could be free again, perhaps even return home to help protect what little my people have left. I don't know. I just can't stand to be here anymore, with this man, this Shinsei Karnata. Kleine Heiland.

Hours later, I'm looking at the ceiling. The Shogun sleeps beside me. I stand up and get myself dressed, hoping to find my way to my room before he opens his eyes. His torment only continues for as long as he can see me. If he can forget me -- if I can be cast from his sight -- he won't come bother me, at least not until he recalls from purely his morbid gut alone.

When I'm in my room, I look back and begin to draw, begin to write. I start to detail my past experiences, and the ones I have now. I no longer complain about what I had, back when things were simple. I miss my little brother and my big sister, even though we used to fight all day and night over stupid things. I miss my mother even though she was a drunk, and my father even though he was never home. I miss my aunt and uncle even though they're sometimes a little crazy. I miss my grandmother who died in the raid, and my grandfather who died years before. I can't help but miss them all, I can't help but long for them to come back to me. I wish I could save them from whatever hell they reside, if they even still live at all.

I painted Kleine Heiland all over sheets he offered me. I painted his face that contains a thousand years of hatred and pain. I painted his body that he uses to exploit mine. I drew the future I predict for him; with my brush, I slit his throat and tore him apart from page to page. He saw it and smiled at me. He came over me and did what he always did, and then took the pages to his room and hammered them in, one by one, day by day. He read my notebook as I slept, of how I longed for my family to return. He told me he'd find them for me. I told him, no -- please don't. I know what you'll do them. I asked him, why do you so deeply desire my hatred? Why does it make you go to the lengths that you have?

He responded,

Because I feel like it. And again, he overcame me. And again, he did what he always did. What he always did. What he always did. Again.

I'm going insane. I can't take this anymore. I've come to a conclusion: take my own life, or let myself become absorbed by the evil. Embrace what he considers his devotion to me. Leave my old life and my old dreams behind. Live Konohakara. Die Konohakara.

Step Five: It's All A Big Lie

3, 7th Month, Second Summer Cycle

My name is Miri, of the Tea Country.

I remember the piercing gaze of the sun as it rose up in the sky and took its rightful place. My people always told me that the sun was a God, its wife a Goddess. At the dawn of every year -- the first day of the first month -- it would take the form of a mortal and attend a celebration with the people. We would play a game every year to determine just which man might be the sun himself, although it's always for fun and play -- we could never quite spot him out. Looking back now, I can't imagine that those days were anything more than a dream. This reality -- his reality -- is far different than those days.

I will never forget my first sight when they came down upon us, as I laughed with my sister in the fields. I saw a horde of shinobi running down from our tall hill, throwing blades at us and screaming: charge, charge, charge.

How could we ever be so naive to think that it wouldn't happen? That Konoha wouldn't come down on us bearing the same fangs as with the other nations?

When it was all over, most of my family and friends laid dead. The young ones, the attractive ones, the smart ones, the strong ones -- we were kept alive. We were tied down and presented before "His Majesty", Shinsei. Most of us, even after being initially spared, died anyway. Some still lived, as slaves, as mongrels. I was taken as the Shogun's slave. Me. I was "chosen". He said from every city he razed, he took one person as his own as spoils, and if he couldn't find someone adequate... then he would kill every single person that still remained. He said that if the world ever wanted to survive him, that they would have to become ultimately strong. That they would have to all mirror me, and Kozuke, and Ritsu, and Kalati, and Oda, and Nara... the other slaves. They would all have to shape up into deadly weapons in the face of adversity. He said he dreamt of it.

He dreamed of a day where the hordes of men came marching to his city, screaming his name, ready to remove him from the world. It showed that he had made his mark; he had created a generation of beasts to surpass their forefathers and beyond. I didn't bother asking why he wanted this. I didn't need to ask why, I already knew. He told me with the look in his eyes.

He just felt like it. That's all there was to it. A man beyond all other men, a force of darkness that consumed not to survive, but to watch the darkness spread. He wanted a legacy. I understand that even the most complex of creatures have simple motivations. His was so simple that I couldn't even pity him for it. I only feared.

If a person can enact such evil for something so trivial, then maybe there really is no hope left for the world. Maybe he's right and darkness will consume humanity, the people either becoming monsters to stop the monster, or taking up arms to join him. I can only imagine what such a reality would be like. Perhaps it would be much like my life right now, for your average person. It'd be full of fear and hopelessness. Yes, an absolute nightmare that cannot be escaped. I'm waiting for it to end. I'm waiting for him to end it. Because I can't. I have simple motivations too, and simple obstacles -- fear. I don't want the sun God and his wife to smite me, if I appear at their doorstep with a blade lodged into my own heart.

This Empire is the dream of a man who could've hailed the greater good. He told me that when he was a child, he was loving and compassionate like no other. So what changed him? How can this all be as simple as a realization that God was evil? How can a blanket of light turn to a shroud of darkness with such a simple change of mind? There must be something else. There is something beyond this visage that calls itself Shinsei Karnata. Beyond the depths of what he wants us to see, there is a Kleine Heiland, and he is real and tormented by an affliction that I have never once seen.

What we see is a lie. The dream. The reality. Everything. There is only one truth, and it is beyond our eyes. It is in the soul, a body that connects to the universe beyond.

Step Finale: The Real You

No Date Available

"Kleine," she said. Her hair was dark black like the night sky. Her eyes were a summer sea color and she -- she was not from this world. She couldn't have been. She was too kind, too beautiful to be real. You remember that, don't you, Kleine? My son. She was your greatest friend as a child. She was my sister, and her name was Hysteria. "Auntie H!" You replied so jovially. You had known her to be such a bright face that was so full of love. Little did you know the deep issues embroiled into her soul that she and I both faced as the children we were.

When I was a young boy growing up in the same palace you rest in today, my sister and I were the pride of the Fire Country. Our mother and father both loved us dearly and granted us much adoration. But there was another. It was our older brother, a b*****d son known as Kanu. He was the scorn of everyone around him, the sight of him triggering laughter in some, and hard gazes in others. You would've been so kind to him, back when you were a boy. You would've seen how much he hurt -- what pain he was in. I wasn't as kind or as wise as you were, and I only added salt to his wounds. Hysteria and I would tease him and bully him as if he were worse than filth. We were so horrible to him. We caused him so much misery. Why? Why did we do that?

I turn my gaze to those days and can only feel regret. When I was younger however, there was a different feeling. My scorn for him became fear. One day as we grew older we realized that he had grown dark in the face of his misery. He had begun to dabble in the faith of Jashin, and he had learned the ways of the shinobi. He was the strongest of our family, quickly rising through the ranks and becoming a formidable opponent. He, like me, had two kekkei genkai -- Sharingan, and Heiland. He was absolutely dedicated to becoming as strong as he possibly could. We figured he wanted to escape the scorn and become a shinobi that could find respect. That was at first, at least. He began to evade us and when he saw us, he'd unleash rage and scare us even knowing the punishment for such offense. He grew more and more detached from us -- his own family.

One day, he became so powerful that he was appointed to the rank of Sannin by the Hidden Leaf. And yet despite his raised stature, he tried as hard as he could to remain close to his family. He said he wanted to protect father. Around the same time, Hysteria began to grow exceptionally deranged. At first I didn't understand, but then I learned why.

One night, as I lay in my room, he came to me and grabbed me by the neck. He pressed me against the mattress, and needless to say he invaded my body. He kept whispering to me, There's nothing you can do, b*****d. You were just born wrong.

Words I used to repeat to him.

I could say nothing of it. I began to notice the little things he did and why he did them -- his late night patrols, his examination of all the rooms. He was setting up traps, chakra signals, all sorts of things. We no longer had privacy in our own home. He was constantly watching, waiting for my sister and I to slip.

I fought hard and kept trying to find ways to outdo him. Eventually I realized that the only way was to train myself, and I sought guidance under many great masters and quickly rose to prominence. There eventually came a day where I was stronger than him, perhaps as a gesture from God to save me from this hell. When the time came where I faced him, however, Hysteria was damaged beyond what could be fixed. She had become so absolutely distorted that reality was no longer the realm she walked on; he caressed her in her dreams, and in her sight she could see his body engaging with hers. She was so constantly afraid that she was going to die, that I was going to die, that mother and father were going to die. Even after the threat had gone.

I took my brother's eyes and gained the eternal mangekyo sharingan. I became a warrior with absolutely no comparison.

Eventually, Hysteria and I moved to the Heiland Compound to get away from our past. She never really recovered, however, not until I fathered you. There was something in your eyes that she so adored -- I don't know what it was, but you made her feel safe again. She began to return to normal, and she treated you like her own child, regardless of all your mother's complaints. She saw the sun rise and set once more, and danced in the meadows like she'd always wanted to. I thought things had changed. I thought our lives could be happy.

Perhaps it was a skewed reaction of yours to the adversity that you faced, or perhaps you did not even understand it, but I believe your compassion was a result of what you dealt with in the night. Her hands on you -- her abuse of you, as our brother did to her. I believe that further, when you discovered just what she had done, that was when your corruption began to set. All of the lust and anger appeared, and I could no longer recognize you as my son. But I still loved you. I always loved you. I never stopped. I hope that you can understand that this love carries a dream, as well; the hope that one day, you'll return to who you were before she did that to you. That you'll once again recognize him -- the real you.

Step Forward: The End of Kleine

Present Day, Present Time

"You don't understand, Miri," he told her. He held a blade suspended in the air, against her throat as she levitated high off the ground, being pulled into the sky by his force of will. He looked her in the eye, and smiled slightly. "I'm the master. You're the slave." He pulled her head down slowly, sliding it into the shaft of the blade, his eyes gleaming as he watched the blood spill from her skull. He grinned as he watched her die, and then threw her body onto the floor afterwards, for another of his indentured servants to clean up. He stepped away, and looked on to another horizon. It'd been a while since the time outside.

- - -

His eyes were set towards Konoha, and soon enough he made it there. He stepped through the city and made it eastwards to the fields where shinobi remained, looking for two chakra signatures that he'd remembered, fondly. He missed them. He was envious that they were together, without him. He wanted to be a part of that group.

The man stepped behind Asher, and smoothed his hand over his shoulder. He spoke: "It's been a while." Obligatory, obvious words. He didn't care for the words themselves, only that he managed to finally speak to his partner who had crossed ways with him. "I'm different now. With the settlement of succession in my family line, it seems I've become quite royal since the last time we met. They all call me Shinsei Karnata. You two, and only you two, should call me otherwise." He did not want to abandon "Kleine", and who that was. It was the last piece of him that could still feel fond of anything other than the scent of blood and the feeling of tendons and skulls. He would like to keep the name alive, at least for a while. While it lived. "I missed you guys," Kleine admitted, his lips awkwardly rising.

xx███████████████████████████ ☪
                                                                    xx ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The Wild Hunt
Crew

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0

IrIshInjun95

Ice-Cold Sage

11,315 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:25 pm
User Image

Michael Draconiquis
Chuunin

Michael barely avoiding the sword before resurfacing aned saying. "Understandable let me know when you are free and we can try this again." He then smiled and began walking out of the forest and towards somewhere new and exciting.
Chunin - Speed: 4(+2/-2) / Strength: 5(+2/-2)
Jutsu used: Doton: Tsuchi Gunjikoudou no Jutsu (Earth Release: Earth Military Movement Technique), Shinku (Vacuum) , Kaze Bunshin (Wind Clone)
Chakra Points: 200

(Exit)

riotb0y

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:45 am
Kokunai Fuwa

"Big Things Have Small Beginnings"

User Image

" Now where to start" Kokunai said aloud trying to think on what he should begin with. "Of course you need to learn ninjutsu. You don't know any and taijutsu isn't going to cut it against everyone" Kokunai mused to himself obviously pointing out a weakness. "I can't do ninjutsu, at least any elemental kind, it just fizzles out. It is as if something is impeding me. It is honestly my greatest weakness." Kokunai spoke allowing a deep sigh to exhale from his body. Kokunai hated having weaknesses and this one was for sure his Achilles heel. It was the one time in the academy he felt inferior to the other students. Kokunai was able to excel in every field accept ninjutsu and no matter how hard he tried he could not get the hang of it.

Kokunai could feel somethingstirring inside him as if something was puzzling the amazing creature that lay within him. "What are you thinking?" Kokunai asked inquisitively, Kokunai often talked to himself aloud when he was by himself it was typically perceived as odd but he could always think better when doing it. "Perhaps I am just not doing the correct kind of ninjutsu, if I am rubbish at nonelement perhaps I just need to do an elemental style and see how that works" Kokunai concluded nodding in agreement with his own idea. He knew that if an element did present itself then he should have a natural affinity for learning jutsu under that element.

Kokunai reached into his back pocket and pulled out an odd little square of paper. This paper was specifically designed to show what element you were when the user pushed some of their chakra into it. Kokunai had swiped a few from the academy teacher when he wasn't looking. Kokunai typically didn't steal but he knew this paper would be of use to him and perhaps his teammates if they did not know what element they were. Kokunai held the paper in his left hand turning it back and forth inspecting it carefully. "Well, here goes" Kokunai said as he began to infuse some of his chakra into it. As he did the paper erupted out in flames which reached about three or four feet in the air. Kokunai instinctively threw the paper and jumped backwards landing softly and watching as the ash that was the paper blew away in the wind.

Kokunai chuckled as the rush of adrenaline slowly left his body, "Looks like fire it is, I always liked that element and happen to have a couple in mind to learn." Kokunai said to himself having three in particular that he read about and wished to know. "Let's begin" Kokunai said with a smirk as he began to build and mold his chakra. After a few moments of it Kokunai knew he was ready to go and began to form the seals. Kokunai held the last seal and took in a deep breathe. " Katon Ryuuka no Jutsu (Fire Release: Dragon Fire Technique)." Kokunai thought as he took in a deep breathe and tilted his head upward, he exhaled spewing forth a large gout of golden flames whose tendrils forked and licked at the sky. The light was so brilliant it seemed to create a mini-sun almost and lit up the area around him. After about fifteen seconds of continuous flame Kokunai ran out of breathe and with it the fiery beast he had spewed forth dissipated. "Absolutely incredible" Kokunai said in between breathes. That jutsu was wondrous in Kokunai's eyes and he partially wanted to do it again just to enjoy the feeling once more.

"Time to get to the bread and butter " Kokunai said nodding he had read all about the Katon element extensively and there was one jutsu that seemed to be extremely versatile to all katon wielding Shinobi. "I will start off with the most basic version I guess" Kokunai said, when in reality he could only remember the few that interested him and did not want to go find the book he had read without learning any. "The best part about this is it is a very versatile jutsu" Kokunai spoke allowing a tone of excitement to flow through his words and his body while building up chakra inside. This would be something he had never done before and the unknown excited Kokunai to noend. He finished building up his chakra and formed the seals " Katon Goukakyuu no Jutsu (Fire Release: Powerful Fireball Technique)' He said before taking in a deep breathe and exhaling. His stomach suddenly felt a great heat, though it did not burn and instead comforted him the same way a warm bowl of ramen did on a cold day. As he exhaled he felt the heat rise and come out all at once, Kokunai spewed forth a massive sphere of fire which rocketed up in the are, the speed and density at which it travels impressed Kokunai. "With that much density and speed, the force at which it hits an opponent should be concussive even if it's incendiary nature is nullified" Kokunai mused looking as his creation as it disappeared into the sky. This new power he was able to unleash was incredible! Beads of sweat began to form across Kokunai's brow, although he was beginning to tired as using these techniques were costly Kokunai could not stop now! He couldn't possibly end this fun when the only limit was himself. He had to learn more!

"Here we go!" Kokunai said with vigor once again building up chakra. He had a couple of more techniques he wanted to learn before taking a break and knew that he must could easily accomplish them in this training session. The chakra continued to build and mold in his body the rush of possibility fueling Kokunai's motivation to continue pushing. He began to form the seals holding the last one, " Katon: Nenshou Tosshin (Fire Release: Burning Rush)!" Kokunai exclaimed as suddenly a sphere of fire appeared and swirled around Kokunai, after a few moments the flames wrapped around his arms stopping at the should Kokunai raised his arms up seeing the flames dance around him. "This jutsu could be used offensively and defensively" Kokunai muttered to himself seeing the merit in the ability to both burn and block with this jutsu. "Let's keep going" Kokunai said obviously high on the new techniques he learned and not wanting the rush to end.

/Konohagakure/ - /Genin/ - /Katon/
/Chakra: 70/100/ - /Matatabi Host - unaware/

OOC:
Jutsu Used: Katon Ryuuka no Jutsu (Fire Release: Dragon Fire Technique) (learned)
Katon Goukakyuu no Jutsu (Fire Release: Powerful Fireball Technique) (learned)
Katon: Nenshou Tosshin (Fire Release: Burning Rush) (learned)
People Quoted:

A Just War

thefire158

Dangerous Capitalist

3,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:02 am
Xantos appeared at the training grounds...or rather...was unceremoniously ushered there by his new trainer, Kirumi. He looked around the training grounds and it was obvious he looked incredibly nervous. Kirumi wanted him to fight? Well...better have a look. His eyes darted around the area and observed every small bit of scenery. Pretty open field, a few outcroppings of trees here and there, but nothing quite dense enough to hide in. It was a cloudy day, not much sun out, but it wasn't exactly pouring either. It had drizzled slightly yesterday, so he at least had that to work with.

"Well...you're the teacher. Who do I fight?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:04 am
A Just War

User Image

Shikayumi Nara | Speed:4 | Strength:4 | Chalkra:110 | Medical Ninja

Shikayumi arrived back at the grounds shortly after Kokunai. There he was playing with fire; something definitely worth noting. "You know its rude to read documents that don't belong to you." Referring back to the intel he collected on her at the office. Resting her satchel on one of the benches along the grounds she calmly walked to the opposing side of the battlefield and faced Kokunai.

"So? Are you gonna tell me what you read? Or do I have to knock it out of you?" She said in a sporting manner. It really wasn't like Shikayumi to be competitive unless she had alternative intentions in mind. In this case she wanted to see his true colors.

Cappey-San

Aged Gekko

9,350 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Olympian 200
  • Medalist 100

Pandora Green

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:19 am
User ImageUser Image

☾Rank:☾ Genin
☾Age:☾14
☾Chakra:☾ 140/140
☾Affiliation:☾ Konohagakure
☾Silence and Whispers theme:☾Shipped to War

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Silence and whisper watched as the group split up and went there separate ways. They both fumed for a moment or so before Silence spoke."It voud seem sister that ve are left to our own devices." He said in a calm voice after taking a moment to regulate his tone.

Whisper looked up at him and nodded a few times in response. "Vat is there to do then. Getting into our own matches would prove to be problematic." She said, sinking into thought briefly. She seemed to be staring off but people wouldnt really be able to tell this from the mask. Silence could tell however.

"Dont worry...Ve vill find our purpose." Silence said in a measured voice as he tried to figure out what they should do.

Player Name

Hidden Leaf Village - Konohagakure [LOCKED]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 31 32 33 34 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games