Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RPFLA Home
Guild Wide Out Of Character Chat (break the shyness here) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should the Guild Chat Remain?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:04 am
Generally when I run a rp, go big. I'd probably stick it in barton and keep inviting folk to it till we got posts daily in it. At least one person posting every day is preferred. Keeps the thread bumped and gives folks people to talk with in ooc. That's important for thread survival too.

I am still annoyed over the guild split. Took at least half the active folk out of the guild that year. Now, if i want momentary spurts of excitement, I have to spend weekly amounts of time looking for new members and hand-holding folk through the beginning stages of rp'ing otherwise they are too scared/shy....never did understand that. this is the internet where no one knows you and you still gotta act shy and keep yourself from having any fun xd  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:34 am
Novama

Sepharius Necromicon

I personally was annoyed as well when I saw the announcement of the guild split.
I wish I would have spoken up more and fought harder to keep as many of its users together.

I actually did join the new guild for curiosity sake, just to see how successful it might be.
It was active and busy at first, of course. But after a while all of the activity came to a stop.
And the guild leader was hardly ever on!
All of that ruckus for nothing.

I've since then quit and I know nothing of its status as of late, but I highly doubt much has changed.

As far as the shyness goes, I used to be the same way. XD
I used to be so incredibly shy when jumping into a new rp or getting to know people on here.
I pretty much stuck with my cozy little gang and didn't venture off very often.
Now I knew that I could make myself out to be any super cool badass I wanted to, but I didn't. ^^;
I think what people really look for is acceptance from any of gaia's users.
So maybe they truly want to be themselves but just don't know how to go about doing so.

They're just as afraid online about being accepted and welcomed and making friends as they would be in the real world.
It's silly, but when have people ever made a whole lot of sense?

Of course, now I no longer accept shyness from anyone I meet on here!
I've completely grown out of my comfort zone so if you come up to me and act all shy, you better be prepared.
I respect no boundaries and by gosh golly you are gonna get a hug! >w<

And sometimes that's all it takes. Just be a little loving, a little friendly, and definitely be patient, and you'll see them come out of their shell soon enough.

your classic mess

Peaceful Star

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:38 am
your classic mess
Novama

Sepharius Necromicon

I personally was annoyed as well when I saw the announcement of the guild split.
I wish I would have spoken up more and fought harder to keep as many of its users together.

I actually did join the new guild for curiosity sake, just to see how successful it might be.
It was active and busy at first, of course. But after a while all of the activity came to a stop.
And the guild leader was hardly ever on!
All of that ruckus for nothing.

I've since then quit and I know nothing of its status as of late, but I highly doubt much has changed.

As far as the shyness goes, I used to be the same way. XD
I used to be so incredibly shy when jumping into a new rp or getting to know people on here.
I pretty much stuck with my cozy little gang and didn't venture off very often.
Now I knew that I could make myself out to be any super cool badass I wanted to, but I didn't. ^^;
I think what people really look for is acceptance from any of gaia's users.
So maybe they truly want to be themselves but just don't know how to go about doing so.

They're just as afraid online about being accepted and welcomed and making friends as they would be in the real world.
It's silly, but when have people ever made a whole lot of sense?

Of course, now I no longer accept shyness from anyone I meet on here!
I've completely grown out of my comfort zone so if you come up to me and act all shy, you better be prepared.
I respect no boundaries and by gosh golly you are gonna get a hug! >w<

And sometimes that's all it takes. Just be a little loving, a little friendly, and definitely be patient, and you'll see them come out of their shell soon enough.

sometimes the shyness or the humility is just the persona created by the person. they aren't really shy, polite, mean, etc...they are just the online character they crafted for themselves, rp'ing all the time even in ooc as opposed to just in character in rp.

Wish the rain here would last longer than the morning.

I figured the new guild would die. Takes a commitment to run a guild that most folk don't have and there's only so much one person can do.

E3 has a lot of game trailers that seem pretty exciting.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:10 am
Novama

You know, I didn't even think about it like that.
You do have a pretty good point there. And sometimes that's the danger of the online community.
You never know who a person truly is. >.<

And I completely know your pain. T.T
I live out in Louisiana and if it rains, it doesn't happen often.
Monday was a beautiful storm and just a heavy downpour.
Was the best day this week! And it was supposed to rain more but...
Here comes the sun...

I'm not that big of a gamer really, so I've never watched E3 before.
My boyfriend has been filling me in though! And I can already tell you what I'm most excited for!
Final Fantasy 15 and Persona 5.
I'm so impatient and I want them out now even though I still haven't been able to buy a PS4 yet. ^^;

And then there a few others I don't know a whole lot about, but look pretty interesting.
But of course, they're mostly sequel games so I kinda want/need to play the first games before I get to those.

I hardly have time for anything fun in my life these days. XD

I also heard that they're probably going to remaster the Crash Bandicoot games.
The inner child in me has been spazzing ever since I found out.
I really really hope they do! I miss a lot of the games that I played growing up.
Including this series! So it would be awesome to be able to play them again on a new gen system.

your classic mess

Peaceful Star

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:39 am
your classic mess

I'm mostly looking forward to the new Zelda, FFXV

There were a lot of others that looked pretty cool like Last Guardian and Be Human, but my fandom is mainly pumped for the top 2. Zelda was my first real medieval type adventure title I ever played save for maybe....mario 64? It's where it all began, and even though the game isn't as violent or gruesome as other titles, it still has engaging puzzles and big worlds to explore and survive in.

Have you been watching the FFXV anime episodes they have been producing to hype the game? Prompto is the blonde that uses guns and is probably my new favorite character of the game due to the anime backstory episode.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:25 am
Novama

See, I never had the opportunity to play any of the Zelda games.
I know, it's awful. How dare I!? XD
I think there was one that my brother had for the nintendo 64.
But I never played it truly...
I used to just mess with the chickens or spend hours running around on the horse...
I was young, man. ^^; A young silly girl who didn't understand anything about games.
And I know now how foolish I was.
I'm missing out on something so epic.

The reason I'm not as big on games these days as I was when I was growing up is because they're not the same.
Most of them can be have that gruesome violence as their main focus and that just gets old sometimes.
Games today focus a lot on first person shooters or lots of action.
That kind of junk.
Don't get me wrong, some of them are pretty cool but they're not my go to type of games.

I love games with stories and character development and those god awful frustrating puzzles!
It's why I wish I had played the Zelda games how they were supposed to be played when I was younger and why I'm so eager to play them now.
I tend to go for anime rpgs mostly.

And say what? O.O
Anime episodes?
Of FFXV?
Since when? And why am I now just hearing about this!? @.@
I am definitely binge watching this as soon as I get home!

I can already tell you from the trailers and the demos that Prompto is definitely one of my favorites.
He's just so darn cute and funny~! And his guns are pretty spiffy.
I also love Cidney, the mechanic in the game.
Annnnnnnnd Gladeolus because he's crazy badass.

your classic mess

Peaceful Star

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:04 pm
your classic mess
Novama

See, I never had the opportunity to play any of the Zelda games.
I know, it's awful. How dare I!? XD
I think there was one that my brother had for the nintendo 64.
But I never played it truly...
I used to just mess with the chickens or spend hours running around on the horse...
I was young, man. ^^; A young silly girl who didn't understand anything about games.
And I know now how foolish I was.
I'm missing out on something so epic.

The reason I'm not as big on games these days as I was when I was growing up is because they're not the same.
Most of them can be have that gruesome violence as their main focus and that just gets old sometimes.
Games today focus a lot on first person shooters or lots of action.
That kind of junk.
Don't get me wrong, some of them are pretty cool but they're not my go to type of games.

I love games with stories and character development and those god awful frustrating puzzles!
It's why I wish I had played the Zelda games how they were supposed to be played when I was younger and why I'm so eager to play them now.
I tend to go for anime rpgs mostly.

And say what? O.O
Anime episodes?
Of FFXV?
Since when? And why am I now just hearing about this!? @.@
I am definitely binge watching this as soon as I get home!

I can already tell you from the trailers and the demos that Prompto is definitely one of my favorites.
He's just so darn cute and funny~! And his guns are pretty spiffy.
I also love Cidney, the mechanic in the game.
Annnnnnnnd Gladeolus because he's crazy badass.

This could help for ffxv anime

I like how ff and zelda games are all stand alone titles. Allowing players to come in at the X number of installments after the first and still feel like you aren't missing anything more than the guy playing it after all the others.

I wish folks would be less critical of some of the titles and series though.  
Novama rolled 3 6-sided dice: 4, 1, 4 Total: 9 (3-18)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:31 am
This could work  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

True_Guardian_Angel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:53 pm
I have noticed a lot of changes since I've been offline a few years now. Anyway, is anyone starting another thread soon? I've had an itch to write a good story with some good role players but it seems that either no one is posting anymore and the threads have died or they are all full.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:42 am
True_Guardian_Angel
I have noticed a lot of changes since I've been offline a few years now. Anyway, is anyone starting another thread soon? I've had an itch to write a good story with some good role players but it seems that either no one is posting anymore and the threads have died or they are all full.

A little of both. There are fewer threads going up and they generally get swiped up. However, there are some group threads that could probably deal with some more.  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

True_Guardian_Angel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:58 am
Novama
True_Guardian_Angel

A little of both. There are fewer threads going up and they generally get swiped up. However, there are some group threads that could probably deal with some more.

I'll keep searching, but I may just give in and start my own. Lol. It's just something I'm trying to avoid for now due to having to use a phone because I have no computer.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:16 am
True_Guardian_Angel
Novama
True_Guardian_Angel

I'll keep searching, but I may just give in and start my own. Lol. It's just something I'm trying to avoid for now due to having to use a phone because I have no computer.

Could keep the writing to a light novel style: dialogue, action, brief descriptions. will reduce the amount of typing and punctuation necessary as well as convey the important stuff while leaving the rest to character imagination  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

True_Guardian_Angel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:04 pm
Novama
True_Guardian_Angel
Novama
True_Guardian_Angel

Could keep the writing to a light novel style: dialogue, action, brief descriptions. will reduce the amount of typing and punctuation necessary as well as convey the important stuff while leaving the rest to character imagination

I could, but where's the fun in that? Lol.. It'll surely be a challenge, but I prefer very detailed writing. Mainly because I like to imprint every image, smell, sound, touch or even taste I can into a story. It brings me pleasure knowing that someone will practically live the posts I write.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:42 pm
*peers in from behind a wall*
Hi! I've been on hiatus for a bit too. But if I started roleplaying again I would take it seriously and regularly participate, even if that meant logging on just to post and not do anything else on the site--full disclosure.

I've only ever created a rp once, when I mustered up every ounce of my courage and defied my own anxiety. It was in a half-dead rp guild... we never even got to the posting stage. So I doubt I'll be creating for awhile, unless I'm specifically asked to as a favor (I'm like Ella Enchanted emotion_facepalm ). It's nice to chat casually like this to get back into things, though. Thanks for putting this up, Novama!  

The Maharani

Phoenix347

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:26 pm
*skids in* Hello chat, lovely day to see you again! ^_^  
RPFLA Home

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items