Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[PRP] So Kiss Me? [Fin] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:38 pm
"I think we shall," Lex replied, walking with Taavi. "I'm sure he will. So, do you get a lot of strays hanging out at your place of work?" He questioned, as they left the market behind. "And figure out how we are going to bring the groceries home."  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:51 pm
"Oh, I can take the bag, it's not like I need my hands for being carried in his claws," Taavi replied, slightly pleased to be able to easily solve a minor conundrum. "And no more than any restaurant I guess," he continued with a shrug. "I mean for any wild pokemon it's an attractive place to come, humans are so wasteful it makes for a pretty easy living so long as you don't get shoved out by other pokemon. The Vulpix is just one of... I guess about fifteen regulars? And there are others that I've only seen once, or once or twice. Heh. The first time I saw the Vulpix though it was stuck in one of those big dumpsters," Taavi indicated the height, "got in but couldn't get back out! It was making the saddest little noises ever, in between bites of burger. I guess it's a good multi-tasker! So I had to lean in and grab it; it didn't try to bite me which is always nice, I really don't have the money to go getting shots for wild pokemon bites right now. Anyway that was on my third shift and I've seen it most days since, it seems to be the most regular regular. The day before yesterday Valour and I had to rescue it from a gang of Purrloin that wanted the rack of ribs it had... they might have wanted to eat it too actually but I split the rack and tossed them most of it before Valour saw them off. Hopefully they won't bother it again, it seems to be all on its own which is tough on a small pokemon."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:18 pm
"Are you sure? Though that does seem the best way to go about it." He was going to be more concerned with not pulling out Valour's feathers then the bag. "Poor mite and it can be difficult for small pokemon if they are alone." Purrloin were not large but it seemed they were forming groups to help protect themselves.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:38 pm
"Yeah, it's no problem, it's not heavy and I have muscles!" Tavvi flexed a wiry arm to demonstrate, laughing slightly at himself as he did so. "Anyway I'm used to carrying around a pack that's full of camping gear, one bag of groceries won't be an issue. But, um, yeah," he nodded, "you get a lot of little gangs and loose alliances and stuff but the Vulpix seems to be by itself. It's doing okay for that by the look of it, kinda skinny but no skinnier than I am! And it could do with a groom but it's not matted and I couldn't see any major parasite issues. Maybe it's just new to the area and hasn't really made any friends yet." Hopefully it would soon because if it didn't then its long term prospects weren't that awesome, that was just life unfortunately.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:04 pm
"Aww poor baby. Least it sounds as healthy as it probably can be out there." Lex gave a slight frown. "Hopefully, though Vulpix aren't that common, so it might take a while it they are tending to stick within the species."  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:11 pm
"You do get mixed groups, I've seen one or two," Taavi shrugged, scratching an itch on his cheek as he spoke. "It's more common for it to be in the same species though and yeah, I've not seen any other Vulpix in the area. Makes me wonder where it came from with no others of its kind but it could have travelled - pokemon sometimes hitch a ride on the back of trucks and stuff - or I guess it could have been abandoned or something. People do that sometimes." He couldn't understand why anyone would, or why they thought they had the right to act like that come to that. How would you like a friend to ditch you somewhere without any way to survive, without a home, without anything? Ugh, humans.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:21 pm
"Probably an abandonment case if it is tolerating human contact," Lex doubt it was feral since it hadn't attacked Taavi when he picked it up. So it hadn't thought of him as a unknown possible predator. "Are you going to do anything about it? It seems to be your favorite of all the ones that visit."  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:29 pm
"Not necessarily," Taavi shrugged, "feral city pokemon see a lot of humans and some of them become very tolerant or even friendly - especially if you talk to them and explain your intentions - so it could be either way really. One of these days I might spot it when Gary's around and ask him to ask for me.... Ah, and I don't know," he shrugged again. "I mean... I feel bad for it all on its own but I'm not just going to go tossing a pokeball at it you know? It hasn't tried to follow me or anything and it's got a right to make its own choices. If it starts looking like it's in trouble I'll find some way to help it out though without just going and catching it." The Vulpix did seem to have a very sweet character and he was pretty sure that it and Valour had had conversations - they'd acknowledged one another in a familiar way when Valour had driven off the Purloin and Liepard - but that didn't mean he was going to go making assumptions and deprive it of its liberty.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:53 pm
"You could ask hm.. them," Lex decided since it was rather impersonal, them would work. "Even without Gary, I'm sure they can give you an idea what they want." He played with his curls thoughtful.

"Ooh, I forgot to meet Gary didn't I? " He can't believe he forgot about that but it was getting late and if he had stayed, he didn't think it would just be kissing they would have ended up doing. Not to mention being very late for work.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:08 pm
"Oh yeah," Taavi nodded, "you can do yes and no questions if they choose to play along and simple stuff with obvious gestures. Me and Valour've got a bit of sign language we use but it's not gestures you could just look at and get, it's something we kind of cobbled together over the years.... Heh, and yeah you did but maybe another time. I didn't tell him we'd gone early but he did spot me at the start of the set, and you too and I did get asked about my hot boyfriend." The actual word boyfriend hadn't been used and nor had hot come to that but it seemed like a better thing to say than what Gary had actually said which had only included the words 'that purple-haired guy', not quite as flattering as hot boyfriend.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:15 pm
"Am I the hot boyfriend?" Lex teased and nodded. "Sign language is rather different between each one isn't it? My Crobat shrugs much differently then my Serperior and well Crobat more then pleased to have me pet her and Seperior is more hands off. Unless I'm grooming her, she does like her baths."  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:49 pm
"Heh, well.... I told them you weren't you boyfriend but I could revise that statement at some point, if you wanted." 'Boyfriend' felt a bit more serious than 'guy I am dating' but he wasn't just going to say no; he didn't want to put Sasha off by being either too forward or too... too... whatever the opposite was. Shy, or prudish or something probably.

"Um. But that wasn't quite what I meant." Taavi shrugged, looking rather apologetic. "Shrugs and things are, um, a thing yeah but I meant like... well, sign language. It's not as complex as ASL or anything but simple phrases and stuff we can do, mostly relating to uh... stuff... you know like...." Words? Taavi gestured as he tried to find a few. "Stuff that's happening, or stuff he's seen and stuff? It's not very... abstract, not very conversational. We're always refining it but I don't know how far we'll ever get."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:23 pm
"It's alright, I don't mind being called a boyfriend or the less serious, we are dating, since we just sort of started. " They had and well boyfriend just seem rather more playful of a term. Though that differed wildly between person to person.

"Body language opposed to actual language to explain complex things? Such as groups or obstacles?" Lex suggested, watching Taavi. "Not to say that body language isn't complex but it more for personal feelings instead of explanations?"  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:04 pm
Taavi grinned and nodded. "Heh, yeah, we did." Like just a couple of hours ago if that, he hadn't been keeping track of time but it seemed to have flown by. Dating. Dating!... Dating. Oh. Dating meant money usually but... well... Sasha would understand him not being able to afford fancy stuff, it was alright.

"And ah.... Yeah, sort of?" Taavi chewed his lip briefly as he tried to think of an explanation off the top of his head. "Like, ah, numbers. Taps with the right foot is single digits, left is double digits so two right and one left is twelve; a clenched right foot is a fight or trouble; gesturing at something or someone with both wings at once means we need to help the person or solve a problem that's over there, but using just the right wing indicates a direction he's seen something take or knows we need to head in, but the left is when he's guessing. That kind of thing. So, yeah, it's... well it was really useful for work but we can't really chat with it."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:11 pm
"Ooh, Seperior understands numbers well enough. Crobat doesn't, I don't think she cares." Lex mused over them and nodded. "That does sound very useful and well limiting since you can't truly chat with it. But it still tells how deep your partnership is in how you managed to communicate."

"Which makes possible typing all the more fantastic ... actual communication." Lex grinned. "Though I heard that headaches come with it."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff