Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[GRAM ORP] Kiss Kiss Fall in Love Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:11 pm
[Near the games - Keita & Lex]

"Ooooh, look who it is!" KO smiled as he spotted a familiar figure, clad in a dress tonight as was often Pulsar's wont at a fancy gathering. "I thought you might be here," he continued to his long-time acquaintance. "Do you remember one another from the team building in the woods?" KO looked from Lex to Keita and then back again. "If not then Lex - if it is tonight? - this is Keita, and Keita this is a very old friend of mine who tonight might or might not be Lex."

Without a care for whether or not he might have mildly bemused his female companion KO smirked at Lex. "Sooo, how have you found it so far? Classier than I expected I must say but I gather there's no alcohol to be had! I don't know how they expect us to have fun without it."

VerityHattress
Shaddaling

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:17 pm
[Ballroom - Pyre]

The young woman took the corner of the card between her thumb and forefinger, reading the information printed on it. The expression she wore was somehow nondescript, indicating a number of different emotions or thoughts but failing to give any of them away. "Here and there," she answered vaguely. "Most recently, Johto." When the announcement came over the PA system, she said, "I suspect that's something you need to help with?" From the way the thought was phrased, it was an easy guess that she had no intentions of participating.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:18 pm
[Buffet table - Open]

Orange fluff bobbed furtively beside the edge of the buffet table, a hand occasionally reaching up to pluck a speared morsel of food from a plate. Shoyo, the source of both anomalies, crouched beside the table, offering what turned out to be some kind of marinated meatball thing to the black Hawlucha beside him, the latter of whom accepted the treat dignifiedly. Shoyo had been a bit hesitant to approach the area with how crowded and noisy it had seemed (especially with that big scary scarred guy hanging around), but fortunately they seemed to be more or less too distracted to mind if he slipped in to grab some food for himself and his pokemon - which was great, because the food looked and smelled great and he really hadn't wanted to miss out on getting a taste.

His stealthiness was helped, he thought, by his fairly simple manner of dress; he hadn't been expecting such a fancy affair and had felt rather underdressed in his white collared shirt, brown sweater, and regular jeans, but no one had called him out about it so he figured it must have been okay. And it was comfortable, so that was the most important thing anyway.

At the sound of the announcement, the rest of Shoyo's head poked up above the side of the table, and he looked towards the back of the room before turning to the pokemon pair beside him: the black Hawlucha and white Rufflet that usually accompanied him. "What do you think, Giant, Yuki? Let's take a look!"

Giant folded his arms. he said, decisive.

Yuki asked, fluffing up.

"Mmmm, we'll have to wait and see, I guess," Shoyo replied. He'd only caught pieces of the announcement, but he was fairly certain that they hadn't named the prize nor even the nature of the game. "They might stop accepting participants if we're too slow, though, so let's just put together a plate real quick and line up."  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:27 pm
[Near the games - K.O & Lex]

"Of course I would be here," Lex replied jovially joining the pair and gave a cheerful nod at Keita. "Mmh, I can't say if I do or not...that exercise when sideways rather fast." he shrugged and grinned. "Lex works, I been debating on Sasha but then so many know me as Lex, I wouldn't want to confuse them."

"So far? A bit dramatic, I was dancing with Zach when he bolts off to tend to his elder brother." Lex looked down at his plate, considering another piece of fruit. "I follow a bit behind, and well he got tackled on the ball floor by a rather oddly dressed fellow. Considering he was getting help, I decided I did not want to be involved." He picked up a piece of pineapple and ate it.

"All very odd, and as you said, this is a dry party, and I'm beginning to wonder if I shouldn't have smuggled a flask in my garter belt instead of using them to conceal poke balls." He gave a soft sigh.

"But how about you? Have you both been enjoying yourself?"

VerityHattress
TawnyAngel

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:45 pm
[Ballroom - Eumelia]

"Heh, and good to meet you too!" Dith replied, and he meant it as much as his warm open expression indicated. "Honestly though my name is a mouthful, just Dima is good if I can stick to Eumelia for you? And," Dith waved his glass of lemonade slightly, "how does the move learning thing even work? Some of it obviously is based around what limbs a pokemon has but other than that? There must be some factor that controls whether or not a pokemon can learn a given move but what is that?" Dith shrugged again. "I certainly don't know. But, Poképhysics!" Dith lent forward slightly, his single golden eye amiably intent on Eumelia. "I've never met a Poképhysicist before. What are you studying right now?" Much as he loved his job - oh and he loved his job! - it wasn't much in the way of... advancing. Well it did but not in the leaps and bounds and startling revelations that others did!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:56 pm
(Ballroom - Dith)

"Very well. Dima." Eumelia nodded, committing the name to memory before adding "You may."

She listened, fairly pleased with /this/ unexpected company, as he spoke; she was acutely aware that he hadn't studied things as she had, yet here he was considering the sorts of problems and mysteries that had led her to pursue the occupation she now had.
"That remains a mystery, but there are various theories. Have you ever noticed how many pokémon you can teach 'Thunder' too? There remains no feature present in each of them that would explain why."

She allowed herself a small, smug smile. She felt like somewhat important - or rather, she felt like her feeling of importance was given further verification- to be the first of her profession that Dima had met.
"I have met few doctors outside of their occupation. Currently my research involves the nature of teleportation, the energy involved and affect on mass during evolution, and the manipulation of matter and energy at the quantum level in such moves as 'Protect' all the way through to 'Future Sight', and others. Even with those details, that is a somewhat broad summary of my work, but to narrow it into my most recent interest would be to talk of Teleportation."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:41 pm
(Ballroom - Eumelia)

"Genetics?" Dith grinned and shrugged. "I mean, we may have mapped the human genome but what do we even know about the inheritance of anything complex?" Once he had listened more, and eaten a bit, Dith continued with; "Mmh! Right? I mean," he gestured with a miscellaneous piece of strange, fancy, but tasty food; "conservation of energy? Iiiiii am no expert but I am assuming it still applies. And, alright," another wave of the food item, "Teleportation. You have to move all of the atoms from point A to point B and put them back together not only in the right order to make the same organism but also put in the same brain activity so it remembers what it was doing when it teleported to begin with? is it like," Dith tapped his fore-fingers against one another, "you know, jumping between neurons? But not between neurons, between the same neuron but displaced in space? And time? If that makes sense?"  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:51 pm
[Buffet Area: with Izaya]

Andre turned his attention away from Zacharie's retreating form to the incoming Izaya. "Mn? Oh, I'm sure he'll enjoy that." He smiled wryly as he reached for a tart on the table. "I think I'll pass on the games and I can only imagine that Miss Citrine managed to talk Zacharie into playing." From the look that his little brother had given him, he doubted the boy would join in the games otherwise. "So I'll happily take your offer for company."

IZAYA ORIHARA

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:23 pm
[Buffet Area: with Andre, Aulus, Tambrey, Rory & co.]

"Wh-wha?" Izaya responded to Aulus, trying to get a grip on what the scarred man was saying. But then Tambrey was speaking and he cringed a bit at the indirect chastisement. "B-but, I didn't say competing over you. And I didn't say you were a prize, either," he defended, sounding embarrassed. He looked back at Aulus when the agent backed up his former partner and Izaya sighed.

"Well, have fun, then," he told the trio of Rockets, turning away from them. He tapped Andre gingerly on the shoulder.

"Andre-senpai," the man said, not looking the purple-haired man in the eye, "I'm...going to be right here if you need me, okay?" Getting down on his hands and knees, he lifted a curtain of tablecloth to duck down and crawl under the buffet table before letting the cloth fall back down again, concealing him behind it.

Delic started, surprised to find that the black-haired human woman with glasses seemed to be talking to him. <'Stopped them'...? Er, Stopped them from spiking his drink,> he answered warily, wondering if Tambrey had been talking to him. She could understand him? Evidently some humans could understand some pokemon, but if she could understand his type...well, at least she probably couldn't hear what Psyche had said as well.

Psyche the Sneasal wanted to know. He'd hopped off Max's leg when the Scyther had joined his trainer to play in the games.

InsidiousEnigma

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:32 pm
[Buffet Area: with Izaya]

Andre glanced at his companion at the tap on his shoulder, "Mn?"

And then he watched....with a certain amount of bewilderment and amusement as Izaya promptly lifted the tablecloth and crawled beneath the table.

He...didn't know what to do in this situation. Zacharie, for as much as he hated dealing with emotions, was much more equipped for a situation like this. The purple haired man gave a long suffering sigh as he wiped his fingers clean and crouched with an amount of regal grace that shouldn't be possible when crouching. Pinching the fabric between pointer finger and thumb, he lifted the cloth enough to get a view on his old classmate. "...Izaya, is there a reason why you are hiding beneath the buffet table?" He asked curiously, Auberon's head poking from around her trainer to get a peek at the strange human. "I'm sure you're dirtying your white clothing."

IZAYA ORIHARA

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:42 pm
[Buffet Area: Under the buffet table with Andre]

"..." The black-haired man had his back to Andre, sitting on the ground and hugging his legs as he clutched his knees to his chest. "Yes," he said in a small voice. "But you wouldn't understand it. You don't feel emotions like most humans do." Then, as an afterthought, "I wish I were more like you. Senpai."

He hugged his knees tighter. "You should watch Zacharie play. He'd like that. And what would people say, seeing you crouch like this to peer under a table? It's...so undignified." He tried to laugh and choked. "It's certainly not worth wasting your time on this lowly kohai."

InsidiousEnigma

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:59 pm
[Ballroom - Dith]

"Perhaps. That's certainly not my forte, however. I could consult a colleague from the university on the matter." It almost sounded like the subject was akin to some kind of unpleasant chore, 'consulting with a colleague'.

She watched him curiously then as he spoke of the subjects she studied, with some apt insight into them. Her eyes widened a little at he touched on brain activity and she nodded.
"A small but important mystery within the first mystery. My work focuses on the mechanism of the transference of matter itself first and foremost, but consciousness is a matter I deal with in my studies of how one might 'consume' a 'dream'... It would certainly be worth attempting to scan the brain activity of a pokémon before, while, and immediately after teleporting, should equipment small enough and robust enough to survive such a thing be obtainable."
Yes. Eumelia decided she liked Dima; Celsius noticed with a smirk.

<< Oh, I think they're friends now! Lovely!~>>  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:01 pm
[Buffet Area: Under the buffet table with Izaya]

Andre watched Izaya's back quietly as the man spoke, a little unsure of what he should do in this situation. What he would do if Zacharie were in this position?

With a resigned sigh he lifted the tablecloth, "Budge over." He instructed, glancing about the room to make sure no one way paying any attention before ducking beneath the table himself. "Zacharie will be fine, as much as I'm loathed to say it...he can get by without my attention for a while." After motioning for Auberon to stay put outside of the table, he let the cloth fall back into place. "Besides...I have no interest in talking to anyone out there." He hadn't even wanted to come and, if he was being honest with himself, Zacharie leaving him behind left him feeling just a little bit bitter.

"So why don't you tell what's bothering my cute, little kohai?~" He reached out teasingly pinch Izaya's cheek. "You were sunshine and rainbows just a moment ago."

IZAYA ORIHARA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:19 pm
[Buffet Area- Aulus, Izaya, Rory, Delic - others around, OPEN]

She had been mildly surprised when Aulus had spoken up, adding on to what she'd said, though she supposed she really oughtn't have been. She smiled, grateful for the 'back up', though she wondered if it lent a little more firmness to her words preceding it, than she'd been trying for. Oh well, that /was/ Aulus' way, and it was nice to have a friend's support.

She nodded, carefully, as Izaya explained, noting the embarrassment, and decided that her approach before had been right after all.
"I know you didn't," She admitted with a nod, but no firmer tone than before- a little gentler even "but the words can be taken that way, um, especially with this, uh, venue as a backdrop for context."

And... he was off to talk to that weirdly familiar, but not quite, looking person... Turning back to Rory, she was about to try to nudge him game-wards with a word, when Delic had spoken again, and directly to her this time. She lingered to respond.
"Oh! Um. Well, I don't think they really would have anyway, don't worry." She smiled reassuringly.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:32 pm
insidiousEnigma
[To the back for games!: Zacharie]

Zacharie's friend really was... odd. But she gave Zacharie a reassuring smile. "I'd love to dance. I mean, it IS a ball after all. That's kinda what people do." She gently pat his shoulder as he looked at his brother, but couldn't help but laugh. "Hey now. You can't say you aren't good at games. You don't even know what we're going to be playing! What if it's like some kind of trivia? Like about pokemon and evolutions or something?" She was glad he was going to give it a try though. She looped her arm around his, rather then trying to get his hand out of his pocket, and walked him to the back where people were gathering to play.

"So when was the last time you played games for fun? When we spoke last time, it seemed like you worked a lot."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff