Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shattered Past: Rise of the Lost

Back to Guilds

A Story of Personal Conquest and Rediscovery 

Tags: Fantasy, Science Fiction, Magic, Stats, Literate 

Reply [金] The Iron Nationals [金] ► Tsukihara Region
鉄 Capital Outskirts (Tsukihara Hana) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ergo War

Enduring Guildsman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:45 pm
User Image
The disappearance of the Fade caught Meissa slightly off-guard. She'd been expecting it to move, but this felt more like transformation, or replacement. She was leaning toward the latter when Zuu's reaction confirmed her suspicions. If the situation weren't quite so unstable, the apparent depths of Zuu's sense of smell would have done more than pique Meissa's interest, but this was not the time.

Whatever the mystery predator was, it positively reeked. The emotional stench rolling off of it was enough to make Meissa recoil slightly. It smelled like a killing field. The odor collected at the back of her throat, where it threatened to make her gag. Nok bristled, its transparent scales shaking as it let out a low rumble.

"Can confirm. The closest one was taken out by something not quite human. Its killer is headed north. This thing is absolutely foul, in a completely different league compared to the Fades. It's overflowing with corruption. I wouldn't be surprised if it's staining everything around itself."

Through the senses she shared with Nok she observed the Fade's killer as it traversed the landscape. It wasn't difficult to follow generally, but focusing on particulars was nearly impossible. The corruption that oozed out of it hung in the air behind it, gradually unfurling into foul ribbons that disappeared into the background of the world. It was like an emotional smudge or maybe an inkblot, drowning out everything near it. It was giving her something similar to snow blindness.

Must we head that way? Nok whispered into her head.

Unfortunately, yes. If it tries to kill or eat you, leave; I'll call on you again when I'm somewhere safe, assuming I live.

Very well. If that should come to pass, I will await your call.

Current Goal: Pursuing an ill omen.

Mana: 350/350
Stamina: 150/150
Experience: 1600 (+25 claimed from event participation)
Money: 500

Beads of the Overflowing Chain (18/25):
  1. 50/100 (Embedded: Nok)
  2. 50/100
  3. 50/100
  4. 50/100
  5. 50/100
  6. 50/100
  7. 50/100
  8. 50/100
  9. 50/100
  10. 50/100
  11. 50/100
  12. 50/100
  13. 50/100
  14. 50/100
  15. 50/100
  16. 50/100
  17. 50/100
  18. 50/100

Inventory:
  • Clothing: Reinforced Clothing (D-Rank, Scale 5/5), Weather Clothing (includes a white cloak)
  • Weaponry: Senbon x30 (in a bundle on her belt, below her backpack)
  • Backpack:
    • Skinning knife
    • Oiled Waterskin
    • Blanket
    • Journal x2
    • Pen x2
    • Mess kit
    • Sewing needle

• Bedroll (tied to the bottom of the backpack, blocking sight of the senbon from behind)

Royal Taorito

Lanfaer

Kirra Yamata

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:56 am
User Image

鉄 ❉❉❉ Kira Yamata ❉❉❉ 鉄

鉄 ❉❉❉キラ {•} ヤマタ❉❉❉ 鉄

Kira matched his Hoat down to the groups current speed and information being given. As he matched there pace Kira took note of Zuu's Bow she had drawn out, with a arrow grasped tight on the grip. Kira wondered if he shouldn't also draw his blade but knowing that it didn't have any long range attacks Kira kept the Firebrand in its scabbard. Kira refocused his attention towards the direction of whatever was killing the fades. While his new senses were probably not as powerful as Zuu's or Meissa's he did catch a whiff of some bile and what he could relate to only as a mixture of swamp smells. Taking this as a sign Kira looked in the direction of Kaileer and asked,

"Well Barikishi? What's the Assault plan for this? Do we just follow it further in Or do we send one of us to scout it out before going in for the kill?" normally in the past Kira wouldn't hav cared for a plan, just charging head on with his own plan and letting the rest of the group he was in fall back, wait, or catch up to him. However to him it seemed more imperative to stick to whatever game plan can be had as a group than as one person. Then there was also the matter of the beast ahead. Knowing it was killing moderate sized fades and what he could assume guards from the village It was clear it was a powerful beast indeed. He wondered briefly if this was the creature that Karin needed for some of his special request item.

Mana Bar: 420/420
Stamina Bar: 445/445
BP Bar: 450/450

Royal Taorito

Ergo War

Lanfaer

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:32 pm
User Image

S I X T E E N C O U R A G E O U S G U A R D I A N
K a i l e e r C e i n ' l y s
I dig 'til my shovel tells a secret, swear to the earth that I will keep it, brush off the dirt, and let my change of heart occur.
B - R A N K O A T H K E E P E R - W A R R I O R H A K E M O T O

Fault lines tremble underneath my glass house, but I put it out of my mind...

[Location:] Tsukihara Region - City Outskirts

I had started forward again, but once more paused as Zuu spoke up, mentioning she could track a Fade of 'Glut'--Gluttony I presumed--for a ways before it met its end. So this thing really was targeting both humans and fades. Meissa confirmed it was one of the ones she had sensed as well, the one closest to us. The killer, something that was vaguely human but horribly corrupted, took off north. Kira then asked for the plan of action. "No, i--" The stallion pawed grumpily at the ground under me, shifting its weight so that I had to steady myself. This brought a swift glare from me. "If this thing took out a Fade that fast, a squishy human isn't going to stand a chance. We stick together." I turned the horse sharply in the direction Zuu had mentioned and started forward once more.

--

To Meissa's senses, the killer's presence also seemed to just... vanish.

--

I lead the way silently for some distance before catching sight of a black stain marring the snow some several paces ahead. I paused and slid of the horse. Tying his reigns to a nearby tree, I waited for the others to dismount and gestured for them to follow. As we grew closer, the quiet sizzle of the black blood as it melted the snow around it reached us. The smell wasn't strong but it wasn't pleasant either, so I could only imagine how it was for the red-headed tracker. "Ichor," I said quietly. "A fade's equivalent to blood. The body is already gone though, so its anchor was either broken or taken." The foul substance trailed a short distance north, following an indistinct path that I guessed was the killer running away. Settling my hand on the hilt of my blade, I started after the trail.

...long enough to call it 'courage' to live without a lifeline.

Counter | 96 / 200

Active Effects:
• Athlete Archetype: [.5] rank increase to physical speed. [5] stamina reduction to Simple and unnamed physical attacks.
• Christmas 2k19: [.5] rank increase to physical strength.
• Master of Lightning: [1] rank increase to magical strength of Lightning and Storm spells.
• Weathered: [1] rank resistance to spiritual strength of Lightning and Storm spells.
• Old Injuries: [.5] rank decrease to physical speed. [Inactive]

Current Stats:
• Physical| Strength: +0.5 x Speed: +0.5
• Magical| Strength: 0.0 x Speed: 0.0
• Power [6] || Agility [6] || Intelligence [3] || Mana [1]
• Defense - D

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
• None.

Items of Note:
• Zephyr [Katana]

Ergo War
Lanfaer
Kirra Yamata

tab .MANA : 400 / 400 .STAMINA : 600 / 600 .TRANCE : 15 / 15
                                          tab .EXP : 17205 .RYO : 両2625 .HEALTH : Good .INJURIES : None .STATUS : None

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Artwork and character © Royal Taorito.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:45 pm
User Image
Meissa followed Kaileer off the path, sticking as close as possible. The last thing she needed was to be separated from the rest of the group.

"Target vanished," she reported. Both she and Nok bristled when the killer disappeared. A sense of foreboding entered her mind as she followed Kaileer's lead. She was tempted to stay on her mount since it could potentially act as a shield, but decided that was too risky. Complicating a situation that was already filled with uncertainties wouldn't lead to anything good.

Any idea what we're dealing with? Meissa thought the question toward her spirit, which responded with a short "hm".

Current Goal: Possibly walking into a trap.

Experience: 1650 (+25 claimed from event participation)

Beads of the Overflowing Chain (19/25):
  2. 50/100
  3. 50/100
  4. 50/100
  5. 50/100
  6. 50/100
  7. 50/100
  8. 50/100
  9. 50/100
  10. 50/100
  11. 50/100
  12. 50/100
  13. 50/100
  14. 50/100
  15. 50/100
  16. 50/100
  17. 50/100
  18. 50/100
  19. 50/100

Inventory:
  • Clothing: Reinforced Clothing (D-Rank, Scale 5/5), Weather Clothing (includes a white cloak)
  • Backpack:
    • Skinning knife
    • Oiled Waterskin
    • Blanket
    • Journal x2
    • Pen x2
    • Mess kit
    • Sewing needle

• Bedroll (tied to the bottom of the backpack, blocking sight of the senbon from behind)

Royal Taorito

Lanfaer

Kirra Yamata

Ergo War

Enduring Guildsman

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:06 am
User Image

I dig 'til my shovel tells a secret, swear to the earth that I will keep it, brush off the dirt, and let my change of heart occur.

I slid to a halt as Meissa reported the target had vanished, and sure enough not far in front of us the trail I'd been followed ended as well. All was quiet though aside from our breathing and footsteps. Too quiet actually. Casting my gaze around cautiously, I approached the end of the trail. There was no way it could just disappear like that. Or at least I hoped. Fades had the abilities to transverse between their realm and ours at will, but this didn't sound like a Yokai. None I had encountered yet anyway.

-----
To Zuu's sensitive nose, the air reeked of corruption, and it was still fresh. In fact, it didn't seem like it was fading at all. With it came a scent commonly associated with sickness, cloying and sickly sweet. As for Nok and Meissa, the air felt like a fog with no distinct direction to go. Almost like it was...
-----

An animalistic growl echoed through the small clearing, coming from...I spun around to face the creature that was already lunging at Meissa's small form. It looked humanoid but barely looked human. Black eyes stared hungrily at its prey, skin a mix of dark scales and rotting flesh. Dagger-like teeth lined its unhinged jaws and long claws reached to tear into the girl. And given the height it stood--likely at least 7 feet--I realized with a small amount of horror why it had been able to hide. The thing was a corrupted Stragari.

I reacted with an instinct to protect, which in turn triggered my Oath, coating me in emerald green Mana. But it wouldn't have mattered how fast I was, because this thing was closer and faster. Panic shot through me. I couldn't save her.

Then, mere inches from its target, saliva pouring from its mouth, something slammed into it from the side, shoving it away and, to my shock, through it. A massive black spike impaled the creature through the abdomen, where it was left twitching weakly, and all fell silent once more.

Gaze following the spike to its origin, I found another figure. They wore a tattered robe and trousers, and no shoes despite the snow. The carapace like weapon they had used extended from their left sleeve, their right hand holding it steady. And eyes inside the hood glowed with a sickly yellow light. Even I could smell the scent of death that clung to them. Too shocked to move for the moment, I just watched as the figure tossed the corrupted monster away and the spike retracted back into their sleeve. Letting their arm drop to their side, their eyes turned toward us.

Counter | 97 / 200

Active Effects:
• Athlete Archetype: [.5] rank increase to physical speed. [5] stamina reduction to Simple and unnamed physical attacks.
• Master of Lightning: [1] rank increase to magical strength of Lightning and Storm spells.
• Weathered: [1] rank resistance to spiritual strength of Lightning and Storm spells.

Current Stats:
• Defense - D

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
• None.

Items of Note:
• Zephyr [Katana]

Ergo War
Lanfaer
Kirra Yamata

tab .EXP : 17230 .RYO : 両2625 .HEALTH : Good .INJURIES : None .STATUS : None

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:44 pm
User Image

鉄 ❉❉❉ Kira Yamata ❉❉❉ 鉄

鉄 ❉❉❉キラ {•} ヤマタ❉❉❉ 鉄

Kira followed the group up until everyone seemed to want to go on foot. Following along Kira slid off his mount and went to the nearest tree to tie off the reigns. As they approached some foul smelling remains of a potential fade Kaileer led them further into the forest into a clearing were a smell akin to rot or some form of decay lingered in the air. As Kaileer examined the Area Kira also kept his guard up as the silence seemed deafening to himself. No crickets, birds, nor wind seemed to pass through the tree's. However the silence was broken by a low rumbling growl which had kira turn towards its direction. Its misshapen form put Kira off for a moment, enough for the creature to close in on Meissa. Kira aimed his arm towards the creature and began to funnel in some mana to spin around, something he had been practicing, before the creature was abruptly killed off by a large chitinous spike appeared out of no where.

Trailing the spike down to its source Kira saw a hooded figure with its right arm extended to stabilize the spike it had. Kira went for his sword and grasped the handle, ready to draw it at any moment Studying it for a moment it 'seemed' human but Kira knew better... however his brain was processing whether or not it was intelligent enough for speech. As the creature turned towards them its yellow glowing eyes locked onto them Kira's brow gave off a small bit of sweat before he took a deep breath and asked the creature

I Dont know if you understand this But you seem like a decent enough being.. you could've killed both the fade and our friend, right? Would you perhaps, be willing to talk?

Kira relaxed his stance slightly to try and not be more imposing than he should. It would stand to reason that the creature before them could've killed the both of them but it only killed the fade. Maybe a creature like this only attacks the aggressive and predatory? Or maybe it was a fluke and they would need to kill it quickly before it launched its next attack. Either way its next move would determine the outcome. Kira just hoped he made the right choice and hoped it wouldn't be his last

Royal Taorito

Ergo War

Lanfaer

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:36 pm
User Image
Hey, you, Baby Blues, show me what you gonna do!
Say I'm not a sinner but you make me a liar!

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

D I S O B E D I E N T W I L L F U L F R E E xxxxx Z u r ū s u ► K u r i k o xxxxx A L P H A - B I T C H A M A Z O N I A N B A R R E L - N E M E S I S

tab
                                            [ K ]aileer's concern for the girl's olfactory senses was far from misplaced as she recoiled at the scent, holding up a gloved hand to her face to try and stay some level of the stench from reaching her. Sliding off of her mare she patted the girl with a stiff touch, her nerves carrying to the horse with minimal effort. Her natural scent already frightened the poor beast, but her nervous touch made it worse. The horse would have bolted had it not been trained otherwise. Still, Zuu watched as Kaileer cast about, looking for...something, when several things clicked in her mind at once.
                                            tab The scent of corruption was powerful, true, but it also wasn't ebbing.
                                            tab It was far too quiet.
                                            tab With a small flash of flames and scarlet mana trails she Shifted onto a nearby tree, her bow at the ready and her eyes scanning carefully as the monster that had once been a stragari charged from the depths of the woods towards Meiassa. Her warning cry dying on her lips as Zuu realized she likely had no time she instead prepared a second attack, her arrow crackling with pent up mana. Yet before she could react something else made itself known with a blade (?) ran through its chest from the back and out its front, killing it immediately and ceasing its hostile movements. Shaking the body free it stepped back and turned its eyes to them, and Zuu felt something within her stir, something...feral. It was as if the monster within her detected something it was akin to, a monster recognizing a monster, and in an instant her teeth were bared with fangs on display, her scarlet eyes burning with an intense glow she had to fight to suppress even as she kept the arrow taught.
                                            tab Its movements were not threatening anymore, but that didn't stop the inherent violence in its stance and in its frame. Whatever this thing was it just rammed a potential limb through a Fade, and without any negative repercussions for it.
                                            tab Choking back her instinctual fury she knew something had to be done when Kira spoke up. For once, she was glad for his loose lips. Had she spoken it would have been a threat. Instead she waited with arrow trained upon the creature even as she prepared a surprise attack if it moved.

A little good won't stop the devil.

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

Kirra Yamata

Royal Taorito

Quote:

Quote:

[ e x p ] 0, 500 x|x [ r y o ] 0, 2 0 0 x|x [ m a n a ] 100/ 100 x|x [ s t a m i n a ] 100 / 100

[ m o o d ] Horny af... x|x [ h e a l t h ] Healthy and Whole x|x [ i n j u r i e s ] N // A x|x [ c o n t r o l ] Achieved.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:31 pm
User Image
The sudden intensity of the sensory input flooding in from both her own senses and Nok's was stunning. It was unlikely she would've been able to react in time to evade the corrupted Stragari normally, but when coupled with the sensory overload, there was just no way she could've moved fast enough. She took a few steps away as soon as she realized she wasn't dead, keeping her attention focused on the spike-armed man who'd saved her.

Meissa was greatly relieved when Kira started speaking, struggling as she was to keep up. She eventually managed a shallow bow toward her savior, but kept moving back until she was outside his weapon's apparent range.

Nok, meanwhile, was tense. The snakelike spirit had ceased undulating and focused one of its eyes directly on the newcomer. Through her link with it, Meissa felt as it seemed to strain against the confines of its body, building pressure from the inside. That pressure felt dangerous, particularly for her. She wasn't sure her mana system could support Nok if they entered combat.

With her wits coming back to her, she realized she had to gather information. That was one thing she had going for her when combat wasn't an option, after all. She floated a mana orb over to the fallen Fade and embedded it into the corpse. None of this would matter if she was going to die in a moment, but if possible, she wanted to analyze a fresh kill. She also wanted to analyze the man, but had a distinct feeling she shouldn't push her luck. The last thing they needed was to accidentally antagonize this person.

Current Goal: Dealing with having walked into a trap.

Experience: 1675

Beads of the Overflowing Chain (20/25):
  2. 50/100 (Embedded: Fade corpse)
  3. 50/100
  4. 50/100
  5. 50/100
  6. 50/100
  7. 50/100
  8. 50/100
  9. 50/100
  10. 50/100
  11. 50/100
  12. 50/100
  13. 50/100
  14. 50/100
  15. 50/100
  16. 50/100
  17. 50/100
  18. 50/100
  19. 50/100
  20. 50/100

Inventory:
  • Backpack:
    • Skinning knife
    • Oiled Waterskin
    • Blanket
    • Journal x2
    • Pen x2
    • Mess kit
    • Sewing needle

Royal Taorito

Lanfaer

Kirra Yamata

Ergo War

Enduring Guildsman

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:39 pm
User Image

Zuu leaped up into a tree to take up a defensive position, her bow notched and drawn, while Meissa quickly put distance between her and the potential threat. Kira, on the other hand tried to interact with the figure, testing to see if they could understand his words. Yellow eyes flickered between the four of us, and their stance remained tense. They remained silent despite Kira's words. Behind them, the corrupted creature's body fizzled and hissed, melting the snow around it.

After a moment, the figure relaxed slightly, and their gaze dropped to the ground. I tensed when they rustled for something under the robe, and they flinched in return, likely expecting an attack. But then they tossed something out in front of them. A mask. One I recognized only because scouts brought them back so often. It belonged to a goblin yokai, the most common of them. They were anchored to this realm by that mask.

My eyes shifted back to the figure, and I took a shot in the dark in hopes they understood what I was saying. "We're investigating reports of the deaths of both humans and fades." I more wanted to see their reaction than anything than make any accusation

The sickly gaze jerked to me, which surprised me, but then turned to the corpse of the corrupted creature beside them. "I..." The voice was young, but masculine. Early teens maybe, was my best guess. "I... only take a human's life to stay alive." He spoke quietly, barely above a whisper.

"Ah..." The forwardness hadn't been expected, but his words made it seem that he was attacked by them. One I would understand, but multiple? That didn't quite add up to me.

Counter | 98 / 200

Active Effects:

Current Stats:
• Defense - D

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
• None.

Items of Note:
• Zephyr [Katana]

Ergo War
Lanfaer
Kirra Yamata

tab .EXP : 17255 .RYO : 両2625 .HEALTH : Good .INJURIES : None .STATUS : None

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:13 pm
User Image

鉄 ❉❉❉ Kira Yamata ❉❉❉ 鉄

鉄 ❉❉❉キラ {•} ヤマタ❉❉❉ 鉄

As the entity looked towards them Kira could here a slow hiss from behind and looked to see the creatures corpse melting away, leaving black ichor and melted snow behind. Kira turned back when he heard what seemed like a whisper told the group he killed to survive. Kira himself turned his head to the side and in his mind understood where it was coming from. As it threw the mask of a goblin towards them Kira, while still nervous, was relaxed in believing the entity meant them no harm as long as they didn't mean harm in turn.

Taking his hand Kira untied the sword on his side and placed it in the snow next to him.Kira would turn back to the creature and began to walk slowly towards it hands raised so as not to invite an attack. As he neared closer Kira asked the next question

"Well... How about we dont do that then... My name is Yamata Kira I am a swordsmen for the village of Ikeinasu and its leader there. What is your name? Where do you hail from? Kira tried to keep his tone soft but clear making sure his steps toward the entity slow and watchful for it. If what it said was true then all Kira really needed to do in his hope was to connect with it, something foreign to Kira but all the while something he ad half a knowledge of.

As he got within 3 meters of the entity Kira took a knee sitting up in the snow as he offered his less dominant left hand towards it a sort of non verbal way of asking for it to come closer to him now

Royal Taorito

Ergo War

Lanfaer

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:11 pm
User Image

D I S O B E D I E N T W I L L F U L F R E E xxxxx Z u r ū s u ► K u r i k o xxxxx A L P H A - B I T C H A M A Z O N I A N B A R R E L - N E M E S I S

tab
                                            [ T ]hey didn't know, did they? The thought rushed through her mind in an instant as her nose caught the scent of that thing again. It was alive, sure, but it also reeked of Corruption, the purest, or perhaps most putrid, she'd ever experienced and it honestly turned her stomach in ways that almost threw her from her perch. Instead she steeled herself and kept her arrow trained, her senses sharp as an animal backed into a corner that it knew not how to get out of. "Tha thing reek o' corruption, Kaileer," she growled, likely revealing just where she'd teleported to. Her teeth were bared in a snarl, her eyes tinged a lightly gold around the rims of her irises that stood in stark contrast to the shadows she stood in. "If'n it be human, it also be somethin' else, too." She didn't much care if that made it act, because if it did she would launch the thing into the air to become a cushion of pins if it tried. Given Kira's proximity it would be a slightly difficult shot to avoid hitting him if the figure lunged at him, but there wasn't much else she could do right then since it was his decision.
                                            tab She wanted to shoot it now, before it attacked, but something told her the others wouldn't be much up for that idea. If a fight broke out it wouldn't be from her. Wasting time was one thing, but this was an unknown situation, with only her fear to guide her hand, and she wasn't willing to put the others in danger out of her own fear.
                                            tab Yet.

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

Kirra Yamata

Royal Taorito

Quote:

Quote:

[ e x p ] 0, 500 x|x [ r y o ] 0, 2 0 0 x|x [ m a n a ] 100/ 100 x|x [ s t a m i n a ] 100 / 100

[ m o o d ] Horny af... x|x [ h e a l t h ] Healthy and Whole x|x [ i n j u r i e s ] N // A x|x [ c o n t r o l ] Achieved.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:36 am
User Image
Meissa slowly moved so she was a few meters behind Kira, keeping the lion's share of her attention focused on their guest. While they were unexpected, she took the corrupted young man's words at face value. Even if they were a trap, she had better things to look into right now. First, she retrieved the mana bead she'd placed in the corpse and then re-embedded it in the mask that had been tossed unceremoniously to the ground. As it sunk in, she turned her mind back to the corrupted lad.

She reviewed the facts as she knew them:
  1. They were there to investigate deaths of humans and Fades, as Kaileer had stated. The only thing to have died in this area was a Fade.
  2. This lad was capable of killing a Fade with ease, so he could probably do the same with people.
  3. The corpses had died of fright or in some other non-obvious way, not via a spike through the chest.
  4. The lad at the very least looked to be part-Fade to Nok, or was perhaps just oozing with corruption. Either way, there was something strange going on with his physiology.
  5. The lad could either summon or create a large spike with one of his arms, or could perhaps generate it from his own flesh and/or bones.

Given all that, it was uncertain whether the person they were dealing with was their actual target. That didn't mean that they could afford to ignore him, though she wasn't sure whether there was much they could realistically accomplish at this juncture. It seemed likely that the boy's peculiar affinity for corruption played a role in his actions. It was entirely possible he was being controlled by it, though to what extent she wasn't sure. Even if he wasn't, there was the distinct possibility that he was feeding off of Fades to nourish his own corruption, and also that they were drawn to him because of it. If he naturally attracted Fades, it would also explain why he was out here on his own. Either way, she agreed with Zuu's assessment: this person wasn't wholly human.

That just circled around to the major question she was harboring: why? Kira's questions--the who and where--were good places to start the inquiry. They would help frame the person, but they weren't ultimately important. She was more interested in seeing what reaction they would get, and whether the lad would respond to Zuu's commentary.

Current Goal: Dealing with having walked into a trap.

Experience: 1700

Beads of the Overflowing Chain (21/25):
  2. 50/100 (Embedded: Goblin mask)
  3. 50/100
  4. 50/100
  5. 50/100
  6. 50/100
  7. 50/100
  8. 50/100
  9. 50/100
  10. 50/100
  11. 50/100
  12. 50/100
  13. 50/100
  14. 50/100
  15. 50/100
  16. 50/100
  17. 50/100
  18. 50/100
  19. 50/100
  20. 50/100
  21. 50/100

Inventory:
  • Backpack:
    • Skinning knife
    • Oiled Waterskin
    • Blanket
    • Journal x2
    • Pen x2
    • Mess kit
    • Sewing needle

Royal Taorito

Lanfaer

Kirra Yamata

Ergo War

Enduring Guildsman

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:05 am
User Image

The boy tensed when Kira's hand settled his blade, even if it was in a gesture meant to remove it from his side. When Kira approached, he shifted backward, albeit only a couple of steps. For a moment I thought he was going to run, but he remained where he was. Maybe we could get info from him after all. Until Zuu spoke, and his gaze jerked to her, left arm rising slightly as if poised to attack. Not willing to risk the tension snapping and Zuu firing, I barked out a quick, "Wait!" to draw attention back. "Please, tell us what you know."

The boy's arm dropped again, and he averted his gaze, staring instead at his unshod feet. "My..." he started. "I am called Servio Vanarus, the servant of Vanarus." A title, not a name. Now that he'd gotten a proper sentence out, I noticed an accent, but it wasn't one I recognized. Nor did I recognize the name 'Vanarus'. But given the fact we'd been asleep for centuries, it could well have referenced something in the ages after us. A local god maybe? "Someone once called me 'Servus', and," he continued, and his eyes turned back toward Zuu. The moment they locked onto her, he looked away again. "I-I am human. The Fades in this area have been pushing toward your town. I have been holding them back."

The massive spike he'd used to strike down the yokai didn't go along with the story that victims showed no physical harm when they were found dead. While I didn't want to completely rule out this boy, it didn't seem that he was at fault for their deaths. Plenty of yokai deaths, sure, but he didn't seem interested in attacking humans--other humans? Something about the way he said that, and the corruption Zuu sensed didn't sit well.

Counter | 99 / 200

Active Effects:

Current Stats:
• Defense - D

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
• None.

Items of Note:
• Zephyr [Katana]

Ergo War
Lanfaer
Kirra Yamata

tab .EXP : 17280 .RYO : 両2625 .HEALTH : Good .INJURIES : None .STATUS : None

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:33 am
User Image

鉄 ❉❉❉ Kira Yamata ❉❉❉ 鉄

鉄 ❉❉❉キラ {•} ヤマタ❉❉❉ 鉄

Kira snapped his head and attention towards Zuu as Kaileer barked a order at her. Kira saw the bow trained on the boy and Kira couldn't help but give a low growl, hopefully inaudible to those around him. He then took a moment to compose himself before turning to the boy again with the question in the air about what he knew. As the boy, Servus Vanarus, told them about himself and what he was doing. Kira scooted himself by one more meter before stopping, taking a knee again before thinking on the matter. How was he suppose to get the boy closer, ease the tension in the air. Kira brought out his bag in front of Servus and said

Well lets see what I can find for you... Do you mind if I call you 'Vio'? It just seems a bit easier for myself, yeah know?" turning to his pack Kira made sure the opening was in full view of Vio As Kira went through what the boy might like. Kira pulled out some dried rat jerky, flint&steel, some cookies he had found in his apartment, and then some rope and the skinning knife making sure the knife was tossed to the side into the tree a few meters to his right. Kira looked towards Vio and asked, "I dont know if you remember me, but a week or so ago you helped my friend and her escort with a red oni, She herself had red hair, pretty and also bleeding. I was the one in armor with the fade like mask.... I couldnt stress enough how much thanks I have for you saving us then Especially when it comes to Karin as i have gotten... close to her yeah know?" Kira would go back to pack to see if he could rummage something else out of it. After which Kira put his pack down to his left just barely out of reach for his arm to grab in case he needed to move quickly

Kira looked to Vio and said under a grin in his mask, "Help yourself to whats on the ground Vio.I'm sure there must be something here that you may like. I got some meat jerky... OH! these are what are called 'Cookies' that I found in my shelter back in our village, they say if you eat one it makes you feel like a cloud so they must be good, we got some flint if you wanted to make a fire for a outdoor camp and.. some rope I'm sure rope has some use out here like animal or fade traps... Just take your pick of the things on the ground when You feel up for it vio."

Kira would take a couple steps back for the teen to peer at and thought of other questions to ask him. On the event he either stayed or came to look at what he was offering Kira would ask, "How long have you been defending our little village? I must say you've been doing a good job so far on that task Vio. Though im sure you think we all must be weird in your eyes" Kira would then pause his own mind on the conversation in order for Vio to answer the questions he and any of the others would want to ask.

Royal Taorito

Ergo War

Lanfaer

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:32 am
User Image

tab
                                            [ I ]t took a willpower she didn't know she had for Zuu to keep the arrow grounded on her string. One wrong move, and death would have followed. Whether theirs' or his really wouldn't matter at that point. Kaileer's bark was meant to bring the creature's attention back but it also snapped her out of her misgivings and hot pursuit of violence. Was it from dealing with Nina this entire time that her bloodlust was growing? Where once she had control her body now sung for violence?
                                            tab By the gods she needed a good fight.
                                            tab Releasing the tension on her arrow enough for the arrow to do little damage if she released it, but enough to draw and fire in an instant, she raised her voice to snark Kira. "Shortin' someone's name be rude at best, an insult at worst," she called out, her brogue thick as ever but hopefully not enough to make her incomprehensible. "Bestin' ye be callin' 'im by 'is name, ya idgit." Never having turned her gaze from him to begin with Zuu's next words were for the boy, Servus. "Sounds ter me like ye know each other. Is tha' the right o' it? Strange. I thought murderin' 'im woulda been tha more likely hap'nin 'stead o' savin' his sorry arse. But if'n ye be truthful 'bout yer keepin' this lil' ol' town safe, then Ah best be offerin' me thanks." That wasn't a lie. If he'd been killing these creates to fend them off it was a boon, given the slow pace people here moved at.
                                            tab Still...something bothered her. "Ya said Servent o' Venereal. Where the fooker be, then?"

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

Kirra Yamata

Royal Taorito

Quote:

Quote:

[金] The Iron Nationals [金] ► Tsukihara Region

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff