Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild
Angel Sanctuary Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How many of the books can you find in your area?
1-5
16%
 16%  [ 8 ]
6-10
57%
 57%  [ 29 ]
11-15
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
16-20
24%
 24%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 50

Moonlit Masquerade

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:45 pm
Rafael the Wind Angel
couldnt wait till viz published them all soo i cheated heheh ^__^ and i only know english/spanish

Ah I don't like Viz. stare  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:34 am
number nine is ok.  

Bloodyblade666

Katinchen012

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:27 pm
DemonicHelfire
number nine is ok.

I like volume nine^__^
The whole Sara-Raphael-Mika-chan-story is pretty funny, and
as I read it the first time I was really shocked about Arakune being a traitorO_O And I did like Voice in some way, I wish he didn't have to die...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:52 pm
Katinchen012
DemonicHelfire
number nine is ok.

I like volume nine^__^
as I read it the first time I was really shocked about Arakune being a traitorO_O And I did like Voice in some way, I wish he didn't have to die...

nine and ten are okay, lots of action and drama. I love Arakune...I wish Arakune were in the manga more -_-;;;  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Moonlit Masquerade

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:49 pm
Katinchen012

I like volume nine^__^

I didn't like 9 that much. I thought it was kind of slow.

But yeah, I was surprised with Arakune. I was like, "NO WAY!" The first thing I thought about what how upset Kurai would be when she finds out.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:37 pm
Moonlit Masquerade
Katinchen012

I like volume nine^__^

I didn't like 9 that much. I thought it was kind of slow.

But yeah, I was surprised with Arakune. I was like, "NO WAY!" The first thing I thought about what how upset Kurai would be when she finds out.

I loved that part of vol. 9. I like Arakune's back story a lot and what he did for Kurai was really touching...

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Moonlit Masquerade

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:52 am
Sai-kun

I loved that part of vol. 9. I like Arakune's back story a lot and what he did for Kurai was really touching...

Yeah. I usually like the back stories in Angel Sanctuary. It makes you have so much sympathy on them. I find Kaori Yuki tends to do that a lot, she makes the character she's about to kill really virtuous and then she kills them off. I like it 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:08 pm
Dude...white text ain't working. Be careful for a while, people while Gaia is messing with the guilds system :3
Make spoiler warnings nice and BIG and hard to miss until we get our white text back.  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Moonlit Masquerade

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:31 pm
Sai-kun
Dude...white text ain't working. Be careful for a while, people while Gaia is messing with the guilds system :3
Make spoiler warnings nice and BIG and hard to miss until we get our white text back.

True true. I hate it when that happens, I feel really bad when I realize that my white text block didn't work. I think I coded it alright though..  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:41 pm
Moonlit Masquerade
Sai-kun

True true. I hate it when that happens, I feel really bad when I realize that my white text block didn't work. I think I coded it alright though..

You did, I tried to edit it when it didn't work, but nothing you do will make the code work ^_^;;  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:20 pm
Was poking around the manga subbie today.
Maybe its because I've heard the excuse so many times, but it peeved me to see someone write off Angel Sanctuary because of "the incest thing".

Maybe my morals are loose or maybe I just think the societal status quo is just messed up in general...but it really did make me a little angry that that's the only reason why someone won't give something a try o_O.

Nonconsentual incest isn't good, you're supposed to be able to trust your family not to hurt you, but there isnt anything inherantly WRONG about two people who happen to be brother and sister who love each other very much.
Contrary to popular belief, one instance of incest will not produce some grotesquely deformed and defective hell spawn if that's what people are so worried about.

Its not like "the incest thing" is that predominant in the English manga by now (What's it on...vol 9, 10?)
That little bit was totally in the Assiah arc, once Setsuna leaves Earth, its barely mentioned...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:06 pm
Sai-kun
Was poking around the manga subbie today.
Maybe its because I've heard the excuse so many times, but it peeved me to see someone write off Angel Sanctuary because of "the incest thing".

Maybe my morals are loose or maybe I just think the societal status quo is just messed up in general...but it really did make me a little angry that that's the only reason why someone won't give something a try o_O.

Nonconsentual incest isn't good, you're supposed to be able to trust your family not to hurt you, but there isnt anything inherantly WRONG about two people who happen to be brother and sister who love each other very much.
Contrary to popular belief, one instance of incest will not produce some grotesquely deformed and defective hell spawn if that's what people are so worried about.

Its not like "the incest thing" is that predominant in the English manga by now (What's it on...vol 9, 10?)
That little bit was totally in the Assiah arc, once Setsuna leaves Earth, its barely mentioned...

I don't understand either why people won't read this just because of incest. I can image worse things than siblings falling in love... Really, I don't know the AMerican fandom, but here in Germany there are so many yaoi-fangirls who scream "OMG, how cuuuuuuuuuute!!!111!" when a character is raped by his father/older brother/uncle/teacher/godfather/whoever, that incest like the love of Sara und Setsuna is really inoffensive against this. And, just note, I don't say all girla who like yaoi are like this ^.~
Really, there are much worse things than incest...

[SPOILER
Yes, it's really barely mentioned... When they meet again in volume 12, then at Sara's hearing, and from then on the romance gets a little more significance, but that's it, and that it's incest is easy to forget, except at the hearing part.
To be honest, I never really thought of them as brother and sister, so to me, there wans't much incest sweatdrop
(Just as I never thought of Arachne as a man^^''''')  

Katinchen012

YGOPaladin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:29 pm
You know, it's interesting, I never thought of Setsuna and Sara as brother and sister either. For me, I always thought of Setsuna as Alexiel in a man's body. So I never really thought of the brother/sister connection there. It was always more about love between two people for me.
And on that note, I never really understood the pissyness about the little bit of incest in there either. Like you guys said, it's hardly even noticable in the volumes the states have gotten thus far, and on top of that... it's LOVE! I don't see how anyone can fault any two people no matter their color, gender, creed, or whatever else anyone can think of just because the pairing isn't culturally sound. Love is love, and that's the way it should be.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:44 pm
Sai-kun

THANKYOU!! I share that opinion, and when others tell of Angel Sanctuary because of the incest, I get into this whole argument with them. If two people love each other, they should go for it and be allowed to be together, regardless of gender, ancestry, etc.

And regarding volume 9, I can't stop wondering just how (SPOILER) Arachne got so close to Kurai in the first place if he's really a spy. Aren't they supposed to be cousins? Are they actually cousins, and Arachne became a spy to save his a**, or did he somehow bribe his way into the royal family?
Also, Arachne seems more manly in volume 9 than in ANY of the other volumes, yet is referred to as "she" so much more. A friend pointed that out, but I saw it as well.

My favorite quote from AS is "I'm sorry Princess. But what can I say? I'm a devil", said by Belial ^^  

Fried Dishtowels

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:12 pm
Insomniac090
Sai-kun

THANKYOU!! I share that opinion, and when others tell of Angel Sanctuary because of the incest, I get into this whole argument with them. If two people love each other, they should go for it and be allowed to be together, regardless of gender, ancestry, etc.

And regarding volume 9, I can't stop wondering just how (SPOILER) Arachne got so close to Kurai in the first place if he's really a spy. Aren't they supposed to be cousins? Are they actually cousins, and Arachne became a spy to save his a**, or did he somehow bribe his way into the royal family?
Also, Arachne seems more manly in volume 9 than in ANY of the other volumes, yet is referred to as "she" so much more. A friend pointed that out, but I saw it as well.

My favorite quote from AS is "I'm sorry Princess. But what can I say? I'm a devil", said by Belial ^^

I think the trial was one of the most exciting parts of the manga, Sara is a really strong character there.

[Spoilers regarding vol 9]
Arakune/Arachne was Kurai's cousin, how distant, I'm not sure. It was during the time when the Angels raided Gehenna and was slaughtering everybody. At this point, Arakune didnt know who was alive and whether it was only him or not. He was going to die sooner or later, but then Belial came to him and made him a deal.
He took it to save his life, I believe. I dont remember the exact conditions of the deal.

Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff