Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Resident Evil Petpeeves Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:31 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, how would you get a true ending anyway? It's not like Rebecca is in Jill's scenario at all, or Barry in Chris' scenario. So they're not just gonna magically appear in the helicopter

Easy. Just add them in. Instead of just Jill or Chris being in the cell, put both Jill & Barry or Chris & Rebecca in the cell together, or add another cell entirely. It's that simple. They switched plenty of things around in REmake. It's not like it would have been impossible to do something like that.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:53 pm
They added some things, but they didn't really switch anything. It's not like Barry was the one playing the piano, and Rebecca didn't storm in with the flamethrower. Aside from adding the new areas and the Lisa side story, the only thing they really altered was what ultimately happened to Richard. Either way, it didn't bother me much.

Stranger to Paradise
Just want to add in on the Brawl...err, Brawl really quick. The game is not just for casual characters, and none of the characters are for casual players. No character can PWNNNN!!! another certain character, it all depends on the skill of the player. Also, relevance is definitely a consideration for characters they picked. Who cares that Kid Icarus is a dead franchise? It was awesome while it was alive, and many people still love that game, so why not add him to the roster...This could go for aaaaannnnnyyyyy franchise they wanted. It doesn't all depend on today's gamers in general, so...All in all, Brawl was fun.

Claire: German vampires.

I think that's the problem with it though. I mean, Brawl has a large cast of characters from all kinds of franchises. As such, it should be more like a party game. A casual fighting game. Instead, it heavily depends on the skill of the player. So you buy Brawl, and you enjoy the hell out of it, and you invite 3 friends over to play some brawl, and you kick their asses each and every time. Where's the fun in that? It's like Soul Calibur, except Sould Calibur doesn't come off as a casual party fighting game. Soul Calibur has always been a hardcore fighting game made for mastering.
But with a game like Brawl, you just wanna get together with friends and go crazy, that's what it seems like the intent would be for something like that. Frankly, I'd love to go to my friend's place and have a big Brawl party, but I see no point, because he puts in like at least 20 hours a week into the game, and I'll just have my a** handed to me every time. Not only me, but his two roommates do too, and they live there.  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:29 am
Personally, that's how you make use of the game. I see Brawl just as casual as the Halo franchise, 3 specifically. Everyone plays it (Still most played game online for the 360) but if you're not good, you will get your a** handed to you. So you strive to get better. Brawl is no different. A huge roster doesn't make it for casual players. Look at it as a same type of roster as a hardcore fighting game would have. This, accordingly, is just from my experiences of playing Brawl. Leave Rayman and Mario Party to the family or friends who want to have a good fun filled time.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:05 am
Biohazard EXTREME
They added some things, but they didn't really switch anything. It's not like Barry was the one playing the piano, and Rebecca didn't storm in with the flamethrower. Aside from adding the new areas and the Lisa side story, the only thing they really altered was what ultimately happened to Richard. Either way, it didn't bother me much.

Right. I don't see how this is an argument against me. xd They altered the layout of the mansion, changed puzzles, added new new rooms, and altered some of the story events a tad (Barry's death was also altered). That's switching things around. What else would you call it? They switched plenty of stuff around. Mikami himself said that REmake is "70% different from the original." So if they could add in all that new stuff for Richard, and add in the Trevor family subplot, then it's not out of the realm of possibility that they could have added in another cell for Barry and Rebecca, or found some other way to toss those guys in at the end for each respective character quest. No, it's not a huge deal, and I'm not that broken up over it, but it would have been cool. And they could have done it. I think they should have. That's all I'm sayin'.  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:41 pm
Stranger to Paradise
Personally, that's how you make use of the game. I see Brawl just as casual as the Halo franchise, 3 specifically. Everyone plays it (Still most played game online for the 360) but if you're not good, you will get your a** handed to you. So you strive to get better. Brawl is no different. A huge roster doesn't make it for casual players. Look at it as a same type of roster as a hardcore fighting game would have. This, accordingly, is just from my experiences of playing Brawl. Leave Rayman and Mario Party to the family or friends who want to have a good fun filled time.

Hey, if Mario Party had Sonic and Solid Snake in it, I'd agree with you completely. If I want to play a hardcore fighting franchise, where I have to master a character to actually be good at it, I'll play Soul Calibur. Or something else with at least a semi-serious storyline and overall mood.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:42 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Hey, if Mario Party had Sonic and Solid Snake in it, I'd agree with you completely. If I want to play a hardcore fighting franchise, where I have to master a character to actually be good at it, I'll play Soul Calibur. Or something else with at least a semi-serious storyline and overall mood.

Do you have Soul Calibur IV, dude? I'm a Soul Calibur fanatic. I own them all, as well as Soul Blade for PSX. I just got online the other day with it. My SN is Thee_Stranger.

And now for my two cents that nobody asked for... I think that statement is kind of ironic, seeing as Soul Calibur has plenty of guest characters of it's own. We had Link for Gamecube's Soul Calibur II, and Spawn for the XBOX version. And now we have Darth Vader and Yoda in IV. And the Jedis, while cool, feel just a tad out of place, and I found it comical in the opening cutscene where Vader and Mitsurugi are clashing sword and saber... I mean, the saber would slice right through his katana like a hot knife through butter. I would also argue that plenty of casual gamers could get into Soul Calibur for a few exhibitions. Hell, we had plenty of parties revolving around Soul Calibur II back in the day. My girlfriend at the time was really into it, and she certainly wasn't a hardcore gamer. Really anyone who knows the basic button combinations can play reasonably well with most any character. Of course, if you play a lot, and know all the characters moves, then you will have the advantage, like any fighting game. I think it's the same thing for Brawl. It can work as a party game for casual players, as well as a hardcore fighter for anyone who chooses to play it thoroughly enough to take it to the next level. That's a good thing, because it means the gameplay has depth, and isn't just a mindless button-masher. Most people really don't pay attention to the plot in fighting games, and with good reason. Most of the storylines, even the semi-serious ones, are pretty lame. It's pretty much the same thing every time, and with so many sequels, with the same characters returning over and over again, it's kind of hard to take any of it seriously. Especially with MK. Seriously, does anybody ever die? For me, I find the character biography's in Soul Calibur more interesting than the overall plot itself, especially the ones with ties to real life history. Hwang's backstory in the first SC had me researching the medieval Korean Navy for weeks. And I'm peeved that they didn't bring him back in IV.[/rant]

Anyyywayyyy....

User Image

Chris is definitely on 'roids.

Thee Stranger

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:28 pm
I liked little Chris better. He doesn't need to be on steroids... crying  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:37 pm
Thee Stranger
Biohazard EXTREME

Do you have Soul Calibur IV, dude? I'm a Soul Calibur fanatic. I own them all, as well as Soul Blade for PSX. I just got online the other day with it. My SN is Thee_Stranger.

And now for my two cents that nobody asked for... I think that statement is kind of ironic, seeing as Soul Calibur has plenty of guest characters of it's own. We had Link for Gamecube's Soul Calibur II, and Spawn for the XBOX version. And now we have Darth Vader and Yoda in IV. And the Jedis, while cool, feel just a tad out of place, and I found it comical in the opening cutscene where Vader and Mitsurugi are clashing sword and saber... I mean, the saber would slice right through his katana like a hot knife through butter. I would also argue that plenty of casual gamers could get into Soul Calibur for a few exhibitions. Hell, we had plenty of parties revolving around Soul Calibur II back in the day. My girlfriend at the time was really into it, and she certainly wasn't a hardcore gamer. Really anyone who knows the basic button combinations can play reasonably well with most any character. Of course, if you play a lot, and know all the characters moves, then you will have the advantage, like any fighting game. I think it's the same thing for Brawl. It can work as a party game for casual players, as well as a hardcore fighter for anyone who chooses to play it thoroughly enough to take it to the next level. That's a good thing, because it means the gameplay has depth, and isn't just a mindless button-masher. Most people really don't pay attention to the plot in fighting games, and with good reason. Most of the storylines, even the semi-serious ones, are pretty lame. It's pretty much the same thing every time, and with so many sequels, with the same characters returning over and over again, it's kind of hard to take any of it seriously. Especially with MK. Seriously, does anybody ever die? For me, I find the character biography's in Soul Calibur more interesting than the overall plot itself, especially the ones with ties to real life history. Hwang's backstory in the first SC had me researching the medieval Korean Navy for weeks. And I'm peeved that they didn't bring him back in IV.[/rant]

Anyyywayyyy....

User Image
Chris is definitely on 'roids.
OMG?! who's the artist for this one.....oh wait no....the MTc classmate I know of doesn't do that stile he does the big head cartoonish style that people do, the charactures, at the amusement parks.....besides he has adifferent name. the guy I know is clled Pablo. he drew a Class pciture of the Mandarin Training Center classes that he's been in. Teh last oen he drew had me in it. IT was really funny becuse he drew me sleeping, since I slept a lot in class XD. So yeah it pisses me off that they've made him go on roids, and also what's wit hte new hairdo? Teh old do is what made him distinguishable to me. Capcom sucks. They'll need to do a lot to get my respect back.  

Alkaizer87

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:10 pm
Thee Stranger

No, I've played every Soul Calibur game, owned a couple, but never actually got into the series. I just gotta say this, my music teacher could kick ANYONE'S a** at the first Soul Calibur. Ironically enough, being a teacher and all, he 'schooled' the entire class.
But yeah, that's the thing about Soul Calibur, you gotta own it and master it if you want to stand any kind of chance at winning. But that's the thing, even with the odd guest character, Soul Calibur still isn't the kind of game where you say, "Hey, this seems like a fun game to get together with a bunch of people just for funzies. Unless NONE of those people have very much SC experience, but in that case, it applies to pretty much every fighting game in the world.
My point is, with a collection of characters like Sonic, Mario, Solid Snake, Pikachu and Link, it seems likely to say, "Yeah, this is a casual game that's fun for a bunch of people to just pick up and play, even if one of them owned it for months." But it's not like that at all. It is a hardcore fighting game. And personally, I like my hardcore fighting games to have at least somewhat serious storylines.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff