Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
For those who Dislike Resident Evil 4 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you hate resident evil 4
  Yes
  No
View Results

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:33 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
The Ganados were realistic BEFORE the las plagas came out of their head and occupied nearly as much space as the entire body of the host.
The only other creature that MIGHT have been semi-realistic are the colmillos and those are easy to beat and pretty lame in design aside from their mouths.

The what now?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:36 pm
The dogs.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Zettran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:47 pm
Vash Thompson
Cleon S Kennedy
I Agree that this doesnt fit RE's survival goodness, but if you like horror shooter's, RE4 definitely hits the spot. Yea, the story and characters are somewhat screwed up, but RE 4 just isnt trying to shine in those spots.

What I'm trying to say is, Re4 isn't the best survival game out there, but watever it does right it does great.

O Yea, STOP BITCHING ABOUT THE REALISM!

This is Resident Evil! Zombies! Hunters! THE FREAKIN' TYRANT! Are you ever going to see those in real life? No! The monsters in RE4 are, in contrast to other monsters, just as realistic! I know, I've BEATEN THIS GAME 3 TIMES.

For the record, Some of those things can happen. Do not doubt man, for you shall be put to shame. In man's quest for immortality we will stumble along a way to bring the dead back to life. Thus, zombies will be born.
By the way, these monsters in RE4 are no where near realistic. Let's see, a 6'2" man can turn into a 10 foot tall, 20 feet long monster? A midget possibly 4'6" and a creature that's about 6 foot can turn into a giant creature on a wall? I fail to see how that is more realistic than a 7 foot monster with a giant claw and a normal hand. The only realistic enemies in RE4 were the ganados. And even that is to some extent.

Now hold on there cowboy...In the regular resident evil games...did'nt we encounter extremely huge snakes, massive spiders(gets chills), and do not forget that even the vegitation attacked you in the game (an I aint talkin bout no borcolli).

As for the creature within a creature that grew bigger than the creature, we see that sort of stuff all the time in nature. Parasites, fish, birds, and bugs all do this. I would give examples but without my library i can only remember a few vague ones at best. The idea behind those silly Plagas is that they are Symbiotes.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:53 pm
The thing is, if they grow bigger than the creature INSIDE of the creature, then there would be nothing of the host left. It would be like Men in Black where the bug just put on the skin of a human.

Also, yes, T-Virus showed some grotesque growth amongst certain creatures, but snakes are reptiles. Reptiles' bodies are much less complex, which is why Lizards can regrow their tails.
And, okay, let's say Saddler, the sick ******** that he is, made El Gigante, the giant LOTR ogre... There is no way in hell he would have been able to move as fast as he did. I mean, there's denying laws of nature, but that was denying laws of basic physics. El gigante would have crumbled under his own weight. He'd start running and suddenly throw out his spine.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:54 pm
RRB_Brick
Vash Thompson
Cleon S Kennedy
I Agree that this doesnt fit RE's survival goodness, but if you like horror shooter's, RE4 definitely hits the spot. Yea, the story and characters are somewhat screwed up, but RE 4 just isnt trying to shine in those spots.

What I'm trying to say is, Re4 isn't the best survival game out there, but watever it does right it does great.

This is Resident Evil! Zombies! Hunters! THE FREAKIN' TYRANT! Are you ever going to see those in real life? No! The monsters in RE4 are, in contrast to other monsters, just as realistic! I know, I've BEATEN THIS GAME 3 TIMES.

For the record, Some of those things can happen. Do not doubt man, for you shall be put to shame. In man's quest for immortality we will stumble along a way to bring the dead back to life. Thus, zombies will be born.
By the way, these monsters in RE4 are no where near realistic. Let's see, a 6'2" man can turn into a 10 foot tall, 20 feet long monster? A midget possibly 4'6" and a creature that's about 6 foot can turn into a giant creature on a wall? I fail to see how that is more realistic than a 7 foot monster with a giant claw and a normal hand. The only realistic enemies in RE4 were the ganados. And even that is to some extent.

Now hold on there cowboy...In the regular resident evil games...did'nt we encounter extremely huge snakes, massive spiders(gets chills), and do not forget that even the vegitation attacked you in the game (an I aint talkin bout no borcolli).

As for the creature within a creature that grew bigger than the creature, we see that sort of stuff all the time in nature. Parasites, fish, birds, and bugs all do this. I would give examples but without my library i can only remember a few vague ones at best. The idea behind those silly Plagas is that they are Symbiotes.

Yes, I know that, but all but the vegetation is slightly possible. Think about it like this. Genetic Engineering can bring humanity that step closer to alot of things. And humans are foolish enough to tamper with nature (snakes, spiders and others).
What I meant when I pointed out the creature in a creature thing, is it goes to a certain extent. When Saddler turned into the giant spider thing, he became more than double his size. And when a Midget and a creature that are just about 10 feet tall combined become a huge creature against the wall, that is way too unbelievable. That thing was like thirty feet long and like twenty feet tall. Now that is just too unrealistic, even for Resident Evil.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:34 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
The thing is, if they grow bigger than the creature INSIDE of the creature, then there would be nothing of the host left. It would be like Men in Black where the bug just put on the skin of a human.

Also, yes, T-Virus showed some grotesque growth amongst certain creatures, but snakes are reptiles. Reptiles' bodies are much less complex, which is why Lizards can regrow their tails.
And, okay, let's say Saddler, the sick ******** that he is, made El Gigante, the giant LOTR ogre... There is no way in hell he would have been able to move as fast as he did. I mean, there's denying laws of nature, but that was denying laws of basic physics. El gigante would have crumbled under his own weight. He'd start running and suddenly throw out his spine.

Your right he would have throw out his back...if he was running as fast as the Hulk. But for his size, its no prob, he was probably jogging. While the laws of physics seem violated, try looking at the proportion of his step to the amount of ground covered. On the next note, lets see look at the manner in which he stops. and finally lets look at the muscle structure. In the end, everything comes to one word....BIG. Personally i could care less if he could exist cause i know how to beat him(rocket launcher + Hedge Clippers + lube= dead Gigante) but, for that size its no problem cause if an elephant can do it, so can it. As for the Reptile part, ill give ya that one but what about Aracnids and tyrants....last time i checked those are not reptiles.  

Zettran

Zettran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:41 pm
Vash Thompson
RRB_Brick
Vash Thompson
Cleon S Kennedy

Yes, I know that, but all but the vegetation is slightly possible. Think about it like this. Genetic Engineering can bring humanity that step closer to alot of things. And humans are foolish enough to tamper with nature (snakes, spiders and others).
What I meant when I pointed out the creature in a creature thing, is it goes to a certain extent. When Saddler turned into the giant spider thing, he became more than double his size. And when a Midget and a creature that are just about 10 feet tall combined become a huge creature against the wall, that is way too unbelievable. That thing was like thirty feet long and like twenty feet tall. Now that is just too unrealistic, even for Resident Evil.

Your right about the last part, but since for the past few days i've been on a RE4 binge, the tentcles on the sides are already there. As for the hole midge+monster+wtf is that on the wall equal very bad erectile disfuction, i can only guess that inside the monster plant/thing a new chemical mutation took place that changed them both. Remenber that so far resident evil has been a bit notorious for size. As for Sadler and his spider complex, the best thing i could say would be that compacted his cells so that he could take the form he had. I could use examples from other series but that would be inaproprieat so everything I saying is based solely on observation of all the games.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:44 pm
No, Elephants aren't half as fast as El Gigante was when he charges you. That's not a jog, that's a sprint if I ever saw one. That's a running tackle.

I don't know about Arachnids, but Tyrant is an anomaly that happens with one out of so many people. Not only that, but he only grows to about 7 to 8 feet tall, nowhere nearly as big in comparison to the originals as the spiders, snakes or El Gigante.

The thing is... I'd understand if Las Plagas mutated a creature to five times its original size consistently. But you got most of them being Ganados, and El Gigante which did look humanoid, meaning it was a human at one point, grows so huge. It's just so inconsistent. Plus its design seemed way too Mythical Creature-ish. Elephants are much slower and they have much weaker flesh.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Zettran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:09 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
No, Elephants aren't half as fast as El Gigante was when he charges you. That's not a jog, that's a sprint if I ever saw one. That's a running tackle.

I don't know about Arachnids, but Tyrant is an anomaly that happens with one out of so many people. Not only that, but he only grows to about 7 to 8 feet tall, nowhere nearly as big in comparison to the originals as the spiders, snakes or El Gigante.

The thing is... I'd understand if Las Plagas mutated a creature to five times its original size consistently. But you got most of them being Ganados, and El Gigante which did look humanoid, meaning it was a human at one point, grows so huge. It's just so inconsistent. Plus its design seemed way too Mythical Creature-ish. Elephants are much slower and they have much weaker flesh.

If i may, i think they are a bit faster than the Gigante because the top speed of a Elephant on land is about 25 miles an hour. Also, they are not so week, their skin is tough and is about 1 to 2 and a half inches thick. Elephants are very powerful and a mad one is extremely lethal especially if it is in "Musth".

Here's my favorite part of elephants....they are mean drinkers...I mean these guys can get Stone S@#$T faced drunk....look it up if you don't beleave me.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:27 pm
I do believe you... But the creature in question is El Gigante.
Even if Elephants at their top speed can be faster, they're still quadripedal. That would help their bones not crumble under their weight.
El Gigante was a bi-pedal creature, aboud the size of if not bigger than an elephant, and could not only run about as fast as the fastest elephant in an instant, but can also throw a tree straight through the air like it was a dart, that takes some speed. I'm telling you, physically, El Gigante does not make sense.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Zettran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:12 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
I do believe you... But the creature in question is El Gigante.
Even if Elephants at their top speed can be faster, they're still quadripedal. That would help their bones not crumble under their weight.
El Gigante was a bi-pedal creature, aboud the size of if not bigger than an elephant, and could not only run about as fast as the fastest elephant in an instant, but can also throw a tree straight through the air like it was a dart, that takes some speed. I'm telling you, physically, El Gigante does not make sense.

True, but think of this when thinking of The Giant. His legs are also more massive than that of a normal elephant. On that note, the leg structure seems more than capable of carrying its massive girth. Besides, it is not coming to a 0 point stop, when he hits something, he stops meaning the forces shift from him to the object and back if you wana talk physics. Btw, just cause a Elephant is "Quadripedal", does not mean their leg bones wont snap. Their leg's don't snap cause of the design. Same with the Gigante, its legs are perfect for its body. Just think of him as a cute gorrilla.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:21 pm
But the bone density of a human wouldn't be strong enough. Andre the Giant had back problems, what chance does El Gigante stand?  

Biohazard EXTREME

Zettran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:44 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
But the bone density of a human wouldn't be strong enough. Andre the Giant had back problems, what chance does El Gigante stand?

-sighs- And are we talking of a normal Human?....are we talking of a human that size at all!....no...its something that was bread through some sort of cellular manipulation. Its bones are no longer as small as that of a regular human, when mass increases, so does its strength in relation to the material that it is comprised of. Trust me on this one, it does happen.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:54 pm
The size may increase, but the density wouldn't. Either way it was a stupid design anyway. Pretty much all the monsters in RE4 sucked in design except for a select few which looked cool, but didn't fit the RE atmosphere at all.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Zettran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:28 pm
Guess your right

anyway, how many RP go on in this guild...i checked and there arnt many up...I'm not complaining just curious.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games