Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
On the subject of dating and marriage Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kyoslove74

Romantic Prophet

8,500 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:54 am
tamcharles
Riyoku Sakimori
wiim
miko_rachel
Minielf
So I'm guessing you live in America right? And the boy whom your father's friend pledged you to marry was a Chinese?

yepers, i live an america. and yes he was chinese. he was in a gang called red dragon altogh there nothing like the gangs in hong kong.
I don't think it's good to be in any kind of gang, wherever it's located. ...Unless it's a non-profit gang who volunteers in community service. cool
I was in a gang called the "wolves" in third grade. It was a sexist gang, so we supported girls. And there's another gang that supported the boys. It was kinda funny. We tried to beat the other gang at helping teachers and with grades during school. At recess we would keep each other off our own turfs, which was a space by a wooden fence... I was the most effective fighter, as I threatened to hug them if they didn't get off our space, and I did, once. But I ended up getting hit on the head anyway. ^^ I was stupid.

Anyway, now I'm older, and I still keep boys at bay, fist and sword. Using teeth if neccessary... too many boys here like asians!!! scream I have to go and hide under a ROCK!!!!!!! bye *hides under rock*

LoL, it's the Asian invasion! razz I remember those days when I was a kid, it's good to know that the ol' gender segregation is still alive and kickin'.

yes it is and it sucks that it is still around  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:58 am
Tokioka
Same for me, but my mum is planning for me to date one of her friend's daughters... eek
Sheesh, can't parents just leave us alone - or is it just a chinese thing?

eek umm I don't know if that is a great idea it sounds like an arrange marriage in session. I think that my parents are exscepting me to marry my father's friends son and his son is younger than me by a year and I swore of guyes and I also swore of going out with any guy born in the horse year.
our parents want us to marry chinese people and they don't want us marrying the other race, they pride themselves upon being pure
sorry about the big letters  

kyoslove74

Romantic Prophet

8,500 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • First step to fame 200

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:19 pm
kyoslove74
Tokioka
Same for me, but my mum is planning for me to date one of her friend's daughters... eek

eek umm I don't know if that is a great idea it sounds like an arrange marriage in session. I think that my parents are exscepting me to marry my father's friends son and his son is younger than me by a year and I swore of guyes and I also swore of going out with any guy born in the horse year.
our parents want us to marry chinese people and they don't want us marrying the other race, they pride themselves upon being pure
Well...

*looks around to make sure gf isn't reading this*

Well... I've dated (serious longterm and just-a-fling shorterm) people who were non-Chinese and those who were Chinese. And in my own experience I find that there are benefits in dating fellow Chinese because of a smaller culture gap. Even if you are a CBC (like I am) dating a non-Chinese seemed to require inhibition of your Chinese side (or whatever is left of it).

Your parents do have your best interests at heart, no matter how much you would like to argue that point, Asian parents naturally want to live vicariously through their children. I know that's not very healthy but at the same time, they would interpret your failures as their failures -- and no one would want to do that to themselves.

I guess I'm among the oldest members of this guild (I'm 21) so my opinion has been "seasoned" over the ages. It's something to bear in mind nevertheless.

And kyoslove74, no matter what you think now... swearing off guys in general or a particular year won't save you from fate (or whatever it is you believe or don't believe in). A few years ago I would've never thought of a serious relationship with a Taiwanese girl, if anything I thought I would get seriously involved with a non-Chinese. But... here I am. The heart works in mysterious ways. I bet in a few years, you'll look back and think... hmm... that dumb wannabe-ol'-sage on Gaia was right. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:23 pm
tamcharles
kyoslove74
Tokioka

Well...

*looks around to make sure gf isn't reading this*

Well... I've dated (serious longterm and just-a-fling shorterm) people who were non-Chinese and those who were Chinese. And in my own experience I find that there are benefits in dating fellow Chinese because of a smaller culture gap. Even if you are a CBC (like I am) dating a non-Chinese seemed to require inhibition of your Chinese side (or whatever is left of it).

Your parents do have your best interests at heart, no matter how much you would like to argue that point, Asian parents naturally want to live vicariously through their children. I know that's not very healthy but at the same time, they would interpret your failures as their failures -- and no one would want to do that to themselves.

I guess I'm among the oldest members of this guild (I'm 21) so my opinion has been "seasoned" over the ages. It's something to bear in mind nevertheless.

And kyoslove74, no matter what you think now... swearing off guys in general or a particular year won't save you from fate (or whatever it is you believe or don't believe in). A few years ago I would've never thought of a serious relationship with a Taiwanese girl, if anything I thought I would get seriously involved with a non-Chinese. But... here I am. The heart works in mysterious ways. I bet in a few years, you'll look back and think... hmm... that dumb wannabe-ol'-sage on Gaia was right. xd

laughs your right that there are benefits marrying some one chinese, another thing I really don't ever want my parents to live with me all of the time once I am out of the house, they may interput our mistakes but not all chinese families are close like others, hmm if I were to live with my parents once I am of age I bet that there will alot of arguements because I argue alot , hmm you can't argue at times with yuor heart with who you love, mysterious hmm, hmm I am going to marry a non chinese I never thought that I would marry an american I didn't even think who I was going to marry at all at first I thought that it was a black guy btu it did n't work out  

kyoslove74

Romantic Prophet

8,500 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • First step to fame 200

[Pink Lady]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:22 pm
my parents want me to date chinese people...well i guess the guy has to be asian but they just want me to date chinese ppl sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:32 am
the demon gurl
my parents want me to date chinese people...well i guess the guy has to be asian but they just want me to date chinese ppl sweatdrop

yup, it's that chinese thing again.... xp  

Tokioka

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:18 pm
Tokioka
the demon gurl

3nodding sweatdrop 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:24 pm
Tokioka
the demon gurl

yes can you blame them their proud of their heritage and they would like it to continue  

kyoslove74

Romantic Prophet

8,500 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • First step to fame 200

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:51 pm
kyoslove74
Tokioka
the demon gurl

yes can you blame them their proud of their heritage and they would like it to continue
Don't forget the bottom line is about you not anyone else. Whomever makes you happy enough to want to share your life with them, is someone who your parents should recognize as the one for you... regardless of nationality. At least that's my take on the matter. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:34 pm
No matter what race they were, my parents would have a heart attack if they found out that I dated. confused  

XShadowMistressX

kyoslove74

Romantic Prophet

8,500 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:13 pm
tamcharles
kyoslove74
Tokioka
the demon gurl

Don't forget the bottom line is about you not anyone else. Whomever makes you happy enough to want to share your life with them, is someone who your parents should recognize as the one for you... regardless of nationality. At least that's my take on the matter. 3nodding

they should but things will eb so difficult see I already ahve a fiance and I don't even know how to break it to my parents ehs not chinese like me  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:19 pm
XShadowMistressX
No matter what race they were, my parents would have a heart attack if they found out that I dated. confused

Lmfao, sounds like my parents too!
xd Except more like one of the following after the yelling and the heart attack.

A.Constantly bring it up
B.Eternally butting into my private life.
C.Disown

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:16 am
Forgot what I was oging to write... neutral  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:43 am
My parents don't want me to date now... period! Waitasec.. that was an eclipes... oh well, YOU GET THE POINT!!! They're being overprotective of me. They say that I should wait until college, now they extended it to AFTER COLLEGE!!!! I can't live with that!!! Especially since a guy kissed me three days ago when they weren't there... sweatdrop  

Nyanfood

Sparkly Lunatic

7,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100

[ ~ Wenny ~ ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:15 am
I'm only 10, so of course I don't date. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to date if my parents don't even let Jenny date.  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff