Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
CHEESIEST RE scene! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you like VS. battle?
  yes
  no
View Results

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:00 am
God. Aeris...

I was very surprised by Steve's death. It just caught me off guard as being exceptional to the rest of the game.

There's no follow up on that. Is there? We just know that Wesker basically recycles his corpse. And that's it. Or that's all I know anyway.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:03 am
Well not yet. And for me, never.  

Biohazard EXTREME

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:11 am
*high five whee *

I can't think of anymore cheezy moments that aren't on CV or 4. I'm trying though...

How about Richard and his entire persona?  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:15 am
Well, there's always the classic "Root of the problem" in RE1. And Barry and Jill's little, "Jill! You're here too!" "Yes. You're here too?" and Chris and Rebecca's ol', "It's me, Chris." "Is that you, Rebecca?"

But back then narrative just wasn't as important in video games.

And of course any and all voice acting in RE Survivor was BEYOND cheesy.

What I don't get is like, you'd have people say, "Oh, they're bad voice actors." But it's the director who says, "That's good. We'll keep that." If I said a line in an odd way, the director could easily say, "No, we need you to do this line better. More like so.." But they didn't. So I blame any and all voice over problems on the directors.  

Biohazard EXTREME

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:32 am
I havent played survivor so I wouldn't know. I was going to buy it, but I can't find a copy. Because I trust you: Is it worth my Graduation revenue?

As for the voice acting:
You have a good point. I've never thought of that. All these times that I've said that the voice over acting was bad, I've never really thought about who was respinsible.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:34 am
Which, don't get me wrong, I guess maybe Japanese directors have no sense of English voice actors or something... Konami nailed it with Silent Hill though, so I don't see why.

Umm... If by revenue you mean money... Then how much?
It's really a poor game with bad voice acting. The music is good. The backstory isn't bad. And the files you find are pretty cool. For $10 it's worth it.  

Biohazard EXTREME

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:57 am
I have like $70 so far, but I have no intentions of spending even 1/4 of it on Survivor. I might be able to find it for that price pretty easy depending on what person goes on a game trading spree at the comic shop.

then theres always Amazon. And Ebay. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:14 am
I've seen a used copy at a place, where I think it was $20, but it looked like it was in nearly mint condition. And if I didn't already have a working copy, I probably would have bought it.  

Biohazard EXTREME

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:24 am
I think I would rather buy Outbreak or RE2 for Gamecube.

My copy of RE2 leaves something to be desired. Also it's for PS and my memory card crapped out.  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:12 pm
Well, when I bought Survivor, I already had all the other ones.  

Biohazard EXTREME

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 1:57 pm
Oh, see? That does make a difference. =P

Outbreak or Survivor?  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 2:01 pm
Well, there's another dilemma. If you don't know what happens in Survivor, the thing is, RE0 officially acknowledged the events of Survivor as Canon. So it might be different, but it's not just a spinoff which can be considered canon or non-canon.
Whereas Outbreak has been questioned as to whether it's canon or not. But overall, Outbreak is a better game, and you'll definitely get more playtime out of it.  

Biohazard EXTREME

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 2:23 pm
Thanks. smile  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 2:29 pm
No problem. 3nodding
Yeah, Survivor is really one of those games that should be remade.  

Biohazard EXTREME

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:30 pm
Like I said, I haven't played it, but I'm sure that people wouldn't be so hard on it if they did. Seems like it's one of the more criticized RE games.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games