Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply OFFICIAL TANEMURA ARINA GUILD
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:27 am
MemoryDragon
solarfacade
Evenlei
Wow, I didn't know Tokyopop distributed it for a while. sweatdrop What was bad about the translation?

Oh, the usual stuff... spelling and grammar mistakes, different romanizations of the same names, etc. Plus, the books themselves were not good quality. The bindings were stiff. Read 'em a couple times and the pages fall out.

Yeah, the old Tokyo Pop mangas weren't the best quality. I have several of the sailor moon books and they're all falling apart...

Nanowrimo? I've never heard of it...

*le gasp* Memory, you must go sign up! Now! I command it.

Nanowrimo is National Novel Writing Month. It takes place in November. You have from 12:00 AM on November 1 to 11:59 PM on November 30 to write a 50,000 word novel. The idea is quantity, not quality... so you can write about whatever you want, as long as you can call it a novel.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:13 am
Wow... I don't think I could. I'm always so picky about my writing that I take forever to get things done, lol... I think I'd at least try it though, if I weren't taking nineteen hours this semester. sweatdrop It makes me sad, because I've barely gotten any writing done this semester...  

MemoryDragon
Crew

Witty Lunatic

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:45 am
MemoryDragon
Wow... I don't think I could. I'm always so picky about my writing that I take forever to get things done, lol... I think I'd at least try it though, if I weren't taking nineteen hours this semester. sweatdrop It makes me sad, because I've barely gotten any writing done this semester...

Heh... I'm taking seventeen and I'm still gonna try doing it. Last year (my senior year of high school) I started, but only got about 2k words done because I was busy applying to college. This year, I only have homework to worry about, more or less. And I have a laptop I can use whenever I want. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:47 pm
I love this guild. It makes me happy. *beam*  

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

Evenlei

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:14 pm
Oh, someone told me about National Novel Writing Month, and is there a prize? Because I was always wondering why people would just write about something random in 50,000 words.

Ah, I understand about the Sailor Moon manga now. I only started collecting manga about a year and a half ago, so I didn't know they were that bad. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:21 pm
Evenlei
Oh, someone told me about National Novel Writing Month, and is there a prize? Because I was always wondering why people would just write about something random in 50,000 words.

Ah, I understand about the Sailor Moon manga now. I only started collecting manga about a year and a half ago, so I didn't know they were that bad. sweatdrop

The prize is bragging rights and a full nights sleep. xd  

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

MemoryDragon
Crew

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:23 am
For those of you Shakespeare buffs, today is Saint Crispin's Day. Which was amusing, because the fact was pointed out to us just after we went over Henry V's Saint Crispin's Day speech...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:02 am
So... how many grunnies did everyone get so far? xd  

Leri
Vice Captain

Eternal Hime

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:59 am
122 grunnies. gonk

I got only this much after 18 hours of bumping and st0ff for grunnies. Dx Good thing I got 2k for all that bumping. T___T

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:11 pm
I only got 25, but I didn't spend a lot of time trying to get any. The site is so slow and I'm not a big fan of the grunnies. I think they're kind of ugly... >.<  

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

MemoryDragon
Crew

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:23 pm
I got... 43 the first night. And I haven't cared to get any more since, lol... Should be over soon anyway.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:51 pm
*sighs* After I got my grunny slippers, I just stopped at 39. confused

... I'm still amazed at how people manage to have around 500+ grunnies gonk  

Leri
Vice Captain

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:15 pm
I think the transformation is scary. crying I liked last year's better, but I didn't get to participate in last year's Halloween event because I was busy.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:34 pm
Very strange, that's for certain. eek Um... The mansion is burning...  

MemoryDragon
Crew

Witty Lunatic

Rosalyrica

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:37 am
What was the Halloween thing all about? For some reason I couldn't get on Gaia all weekend (my stupid computer's fault). Now I'm sad that I missed something.  
OFFICIAL TANEMURA ARINA GUILD

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games