Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pokémon Defenders

Back to Guilds

A Guild for all lovers of Pokémon! 

Tags: Pokemon, gaming 

Reply Pokémon Defenders
PokéQuiz: will brb in spring Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vengeance Reaper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:45 am
Trumpster
You got question 2 right with mewtwo but castform is right too.

question three is a very hard one I threw in so I'd be impressed if anyone got it right.
i was thinking like enusaur or something maybe cause sunlight and shiny and that's the stupidist reasoning i could come up with 3nodding lol  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:48 am
No, the question is actually to do with the shiny colouring of a pokemon. when it has it's alternate colour set.  

Trumpster

Vengeance Reaper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:49 am
Trumpster
No, the question is actually to do with the shiny colouring of a pokemon. when it has it's alternate colour set.
hmm i'll look it up *nods* hmm does it like give it more strenght or a special characteristic like camoflage (spelled horribly wrong sorry><)  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:59 am
The clue is actually in the question. "by the laws of science." meaning there is a scientifice reason why the shiny version should be more powerful.  

Trumpster

Phoenix_Soul

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:04 pm
Well.. For question 1, I'm guessing the answer is machop. As for 3... Well, I'm working on it. Ooh! Got it!

By the laws of science, blue fire is hotter than red fire, thus an alternately coloured ponyta/rapidash would be stronger. Correct?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:45 pm
Phoenix_Soul
Well.. For question 1, I'm guessing the answer is machop. As for 3... Well, I'm working on it. Ooh! Got it!

By the laws of science, blue fire is hotter than red fire, thus an alternately coloured ponyta/rapidash would be stronger. Correct?
WOAH!!! i shoulda thought of that!!! *hits myself* xp  

Vengeance Reaper

Andy1989

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:35 pm
Phoenix_Soul

Smart one...

Incase she's wrong on #1, I guess Togetic cuz it has wings and it evolves when it loves you. xp  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:29 am
Blue fire isn't hotter, it just means a different reaction is going on

And looks way more awesome

The shiney form could talk about light, in which case maybe a dark pokemon due to it not absorbing any?  

Zacius

Phoenix_Soul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:09 am
Okay... Well, I know blue fire still burns hotter. I learned that in high school... But if that's not what you're looking for, then I'm out of ideas.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:06 am
Phoenix_Soul
Okay... Well, I know blue fire still burns hotter. I learned that in high school... But if that's not what you're looking for, then I'm out of ideas.

No

Blue fire CAN burn hotter

Fire does not have a specific temperature at which is burns a specific colour

It depends on the subshells and orbitals filled by the valence electrons of the substance undergoing oxidation  

Zacius

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:05 am
Zacius
Phoenix_Soul

No

Blue fire CAN burn hotter

Fire does not have a specific temperature at which is burns a specific colour

It depends on the subshells and orbitals filled by the valence electrons of the substance undergoing oxidation
What science book did you get that out of? (And when was it copyrighted?)  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:49 am
Ponyta is right for question 3 but nobody has guessed question 1 right yet.

Also I always thought that blue fire was hotter and I still think that, especially when seeing my grade in science.

This is mainly proved by Bunsen Burners. When you open the nozzle to let more air, and thus more fuel, into the pipe the flame then burns blue and much hotter . also there is a scale for natural flame colours and blue is one of the hottest.

it is also true that certain chemicals or substances being burnt also change the colour of the flame and that has nothing to do with heat.  

Trumpster

Phoenix_Soul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:15 pm
Woo. I have no idea what the answer to question 1 is.. Sounds like a fighting type.. Wait... Is it Heracross?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:52 pm
is the answer to #1 phanpy?  

ultraraichu

Zacius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:55 pm
ZeekSlider
What science book did you get that out of? (And when was it copyrighted?)

Chemical connections 2

2nd edition

First edition '92
Second edition '00

Published by Jacaranda  
Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games