Welcome to Gaia! ::

Byako, City of Everything

Back to Guilds

Byako, the city of everything. A city hundreds of miles in size where anything can and does happy on a daily basis Join the random sillyness 

Tags: plushie, city, random, silly, Byako 

Reply Byako, City of Everything Main Forum
Mountain-side Town Tesarel ko-kou ~The RP~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:47 am
After all the contestants had their chance to play at target practice, the servants took the targets down and set up some things like barrier walls along the two longest sides of the flat field that had been used for target practice.

At each shorter end, they set up a pair of goal posts.

Next, they brought some strange things out onto the field: Giant armadillos, dressed up like bumper cars. They were wearing wheel-shoes, and had bumpers all around them with a chair on top and a little steering wheel attached to some reigns to tell the armadillos which way to turn while running/rolling along.

There were four at one end of the field, and four at the other. Each aristocratic monarch-hopeful contestant was handed a long-handled deckbrush and directed to sit on one of the giant armadillos.

The servants put Batim, Sir Madam, Sousha, and Tassia at one end of the field on team one,
and Eve, Rooj, Sithious, and Eri at the other end of the field on team two.

They also put Andre and Dling each on an armadillo, to play umpires and mainly be stationed on either long side of the field.

The Ruler of Byako, had a black-and-white striped towel hung on it and was told to be the Referee.

Lord Farthersomewich rode out onto the field on an ostrich, holding a bright yellow tennis ball which he repeatedly tossed and caught in one hand while addressing everyone:

"Ahem: Lords and Ladies or otherwise-titled nobility, you are about to play a match of Armadillo-bumper-car Polo! The noble and dignified sport of Giant Armadillo Polo has a long and glorious history here in Byako. I myself was once a champion player, but of course I never outdid Her Ladyship's record of 42 individual goals in one game. Ah, but anyway, if you have never played this version of the game, that's quite all right, we use the simplified rules here.
Don't cheat; goals only count if you hit them out of the field yourself with your deckbrush, not if they're kicked or pushed out in some other way, or if anyone other than one of your teammates assists you. Don't injure yourself or the other players, be nice to the armadillos or they might not take you where you want to go... but they are trained to know which way you want to go using the steering wheels. Other than that, just try to get past the opposing team and use your deckbrush to hit the tennis ball out the end of the field opposite you, two points if you get it between the goal posts, one point if not. After every goal, the ball will be re-dropped into the middle of the field here, and every 4 goals, the teams will switch sides. When the time is up, whichever team has scored the most points wins."

Farthersomewich, still tossing and catching the tennis ball, then looked around to make sure everyone was in position, and then tossed the ball up one more time, but ran off the field on his ostrich instead of catching the ball again.

(( Okay, so... yes. Everyone roll individually, 1-10 like always for tasks, and that's how many points you get for the Task, and also how many goal points you can say you score in the game (up to you to say how many two-point goals, and how many one-point, just so long as the total points add up to the number you rolled) After everyone has rolled, we'll add up which team got the most goals overall, and every player on the winning team will be awarded 1 bonus point each. Yes, deVars should roll too, to see how many goals Eri gets while playing, but of course Eri's not actually a contestant for the monarchy, she's just in this game to make up an even number of players. If you have questions on this, feel free to PM me or post your queries in the mane event contest announcement thread. ))

Gracesan rolled 1 10-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:55 am
<>  

Gracesan

Eveangelen rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)

Eveangelen

Shadowy Capitalist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:07 pm
((Team Game Roll. I will rp my reply later. I have some homework.))  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:13 am
Epilogue watched the fun display by the nobles with as much interest as the other Locals.  

xXBeginnerXx

Fuzzy Mitten Mistress rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)

Fuzzy Mitten Mistress

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:34 am
Teamed up with Eve, Sithious, and Eri. Rooj went forward on her armadillo, taking her time as she rushed forward.
While the two teams battled over the ball, the fish man snuck along the ground in camouflage to push the ball into the other teams goal.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:07 pm
(( Fuzzy, I'm not sure what you mean by saying "the other teams goal"...
are you saying that fish-man is trying to score a goal for Rooj by putting the ball into the goal that the other team is guarding,
or that he's trying to put the ball into the goal that the other team is trying to get to, to make it look like the other team cheated? ))

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
BlazingDan rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)

BlazingDan

5,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:02 am
(Roll for Team A!)  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:04 pm
((Uh...I'm so lost...I was working too much to make my post for the target practice...are we supposed to still all roll for this task?))  

Naris_malem

Eveangelen

Shadowy Capitalist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:54 pm
((Team rp. This one was a little harder to do.))

Eve groaned at the mention of a team event. She didn't do well with teams. She slowly approached her armadillo, "Nice 'dillo, good boy." She hoped it was a boy. You couldn't really tell, and she preferred not to look.
She climbed up it's shell and took her seat upon the saddle. She gripped her deckbrush as the armadillo skittered about a bit. It probably could tell she was nervous. "Please don't toss me off." She whispered to it. The game started, and she dug her heels into the armadillos side to get it going.
Obviously, it was content to sit there and munch on rocks. "Okay buddy, let's go." She said to it. She could see that some of the other nobles had already gone for the ball. The armadillo snorted at her like it was laughing at her. "Please don't do this."
Suddenly, it lurched forward and ran towards the ball. Eve looked back and saw a paddle in their hands. She smiled as she turned back to focus on the game. She swept her brush towards the ball, but someone blocked her and took the ball away. This was going to be a long game.  
Vincent deVars rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:05 pm
(( Rolling for team Win~! ))
*Looks at roll*
((Okay - so 'win' was such an unlucky word. . . )) crying  

Vincent deVars
Crew

Vincent deVars
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:23 pm
Eri wasted no time. She went to her armadillo and patted it gently on the cheek. "I'll be counting on you", she whispered.

Eri saddled up on her armadillo and tried to steer the big lump of. . . thing. . .

It was her first time doing the fabled noble and dignified sport. She remembered reading a bit of the game before she entered the book of Byako but that information wasn't enough to make her a genius at riding armadillo-bumper-cars.

The ball was dropped. The game started and everyone rushed to the middle of the field to vie for the ball.

Suddenly. . .

"Whoa~! Wait~! Aaaaaaaaaackk! Sttooooop!", she was shouting loudly as she kicks off on what she assumed was the brake for the giant armadillo.

She was kicking right on the head of docile beast. One of the basic training of a giant armadillo was to speed up when the rider wants to make it nod and that's what's happening. She was crashing through the field with a very confused bumper car!

And since everyone else is a lady or a gentleman, and wouldn't want to get in her way, her bucking armadillo just swept to the other goal without any signs of slowing.

After a seemingly long ruckus, the armadillo stopped. Eri opened her closed eyes to find out the brush deck she was holding on her other arm push the ball to the goal.

DLing blew the whistle and signaled for a point!

Eri sighed, "I didn't know nobles can be so extreme when it comes to sports. . ."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:33 pm
(Kay, I'll just do a flashback of what Sithious did in the two other events.)

Sithious recalled all that he had done on Teseral so far. Firstly, when he was fishing, he had seen some sort of strange singing fish. He caught it after ten minuets of struggle to discover that it was a Blues Brother fish singing something about a "wish sandwich." When that happened, a sniper fish attempted to shoot him so he used his hunting rifle to shoot at it. Unfortunately he missed it for the most part and it simply swam away. Or rather flew away.  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Lord Sithious rolled 1 10-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-10)

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:34 pm
(Kay, this is my target practice role)  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:37 pm
(I swear these dice are rigged for me!)
After the fishing incident, Sithious made his way over to the target practice area. He had shot perfectly on each and every target, getting one hundred percent each, however, he sadly shot a rather plump woman's cat in the butt and it had to be rushed to the hospital. This was not a good image for Sithious, but he decided to walk away with the fact that he had gotten very good accuracy, and he also had to hide the fact that it was actually he who was the "assailant."  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Lord Sithious rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:39 pm
(Now this is my polo role)  
Byako, City of Everything Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff