Welcome to Gaia! ::

Neon Love

Back to Guilds

A place to hangout and be yourself among friends who Love you. 

Tags: Friendship, Love, Activities, Craziness, Anime 

Reply Neon Love's Gang
Yackity-Yack Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 208 209 210 211 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which dream vacation would you choose?
Bahamas
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tokyo, Japan
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Paris, France
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sydney, Australia
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Hawaii, USA
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
London, England
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Gweener

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:14 pm
How's the Japanese class so far?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:17 pm
Ya know, we make one good looking group.
*imagines all of us on a float*

Gweener

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

Dangerous Conversationalist

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:03 pm
Oh yeah. This happened yesterday, but I was too lazy to type it up.

Apparently, the registration system f***ed me over. Right, so... there's a class called JAPN 1010 and JAPN 1020, and they are both labeled Elementary Japanese. So I figure, hey, they're the same class, since 1010 was only offered in the Fall and 1020 is only offered in the Spring. I just figured they must have different numbers for the Spring and Fall semesters.

Seemed like a logical conclusion, right?

Well, APPARENTLY JAPN 1020 is Elementary Japanese 2, even though the computer doesn't say so, the class description online didn't even say that there was the prerequisite of JAPN 1010, nor does it check to see if you've taken the prerequisite class. So I only found out I couldn't take the class when I showed up yesterday. So, I had to switch classes.

I'm taking American History from 1865 to current, now... I either have to take Japanese during the Summer or the Fall 2009 semester, now.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:05 pm
It sucks because I was totally looking forward to taking Japanese... Been wanting to get in it for four semesters, now. Freshman year I didn't have room in my schedule, and last semester all the sections were already full by the time I tried to sign up.  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Gweener

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:12 pm
Aw, that totally sucks!
And let me guess, you have to meet with an advisor who approves your schedule, but they didn't catch it? It was a mandatory thing for us, and half the time, they couldn't even answer our questions.
D@mn, I was looking forward to the info you'd have come back with!

Another thing that sucks is that I forgot the chili powder for the chili I just put together, so I'm off to the store real quick. Should be back soon. *smacks forehead*

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:21 pm
Pfffft!

Nah, I don't have to go to an adviser. Online class registration makes things really simple. Just go log in, go to your schedule, click the swap classes tab, choose the class you want to swap from the drop-down list and then type in the class number you want to have instead, pick the section and, viola, you're done.

That's it. Problem solved.

No charges for swapping classes, either.  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:33 pm
... I didn't sleep too well, last night, either.

I had this hypothesis where listening to certain audio would influence my dreams in a certain direction. Seemed reasonable, right? Well... all it ended up doing was not make me dream at all (maybe once or twice. Crappy, short little dreams) and wake up constantly. ... I guess I lost a bit of my ability to sleep through sounds... which is a good thing, really. It's harder for things to sneak up on me when I sleep, now. When I was younger, I could sleep through condo fire alarms (one malfunctioned this one time and just kept going off for like, a half-hour and I just slept right through it).

... I don't know... maybe I should try it again on the weekend, but have it softer... and maybe try a different theme.

... maybe I can put something together that's... underwater-y... or fantasy-ish. Or I could just put together a better space one. The hard part will be putting something together that's loud enough to be heard, but not sudden enough to wake me up. I've had sounds penetrate into my dreams, before, so I know it can happen.

I haven't gotten a lucid dream in a while... so I haven't been able to influence how they go from the inside... so I'm going to have to try from the outside.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:35 pm
I bet it'll work if I stay up for a long time before I do it. I think it works better if you're in a really deep sleep... and if I'm really tired, it will be easier for me to fall asleep and stay asleep.
But... I think when I was younger... it happened when I was in a really light sleep. I don't know... I'll have to do some experimentation.  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:42 pm
I remember when I was a freshman, we had to wait in lines and grab these computer punch tickets for the classes we wanted. What was nice was by the next semester, they had changed the system and it was phone registration. You just typed the class number you wanted and the computer at the other end checked if it was ok to take it and confirmed your schedule. (very neat for back then)

But you know I don't even remember doing anything for my senior year to get my classes, all I remember is just getting my class list surprised I must have really spaced out when I signed up. I do remember taking six credit hours of independent study and a really cool 500 level class, though.

I think we all look super cool! 4laugh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:49 pm
Hazumu-san
I think we all look super cool! 4laugh

... Why is it that when I read that, the thought "DISCO! DISCO! LET'S HAVE A DISCO PARTY!" jumped into my head for no reason and sounded like some random guy yelling it enthusiastically while "Disco Inferno" played in the background?

Did I just channel a disco ghost? ... disghost...  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:54 pm
Wild! Did you suddenly have the urge to watch Disco Fever afterward? If so then it was definitely a ghost! lol  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:54 pm
*suddenly reappears*
some one say disco?

Gweener

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:56 pm
Lets Boogie! *Starts Dancing*  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:58 pm
... Okay... now my brain is just saying random s**t for no reason at all...

"Alright everybody! Gather around the sombrero!"
"Catch that man! He sold me a bad rubber dinghy!"
"Flee the premises, or we will be forced to eat your socks!"
"In case of an emergency, fire auxilliary thrusters, reinforce the forward deflector shields, and tighten the third screw over the 19th bulkhead in the kitchen on deck 12 1/2."  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:59 pm
Gotta go... Class... Been on my laptop. Gets out in... an hour and a half or so.  
Neon Love's Gang

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 208 209 210 211 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games