Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply General RP
Wolf's Den {CLOSED; DO NOT POST} Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 154 155 156 157 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:12 am
I sighed, "but I feel soo cooped up in here. Restless..." I gave him a small smile. "I don't want to go find the thing and provoke a fight, but I'm just not used to having to hide." I'm used to running, I criticized myself.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:18 pm
(Your turn, Kotestu. I'm at a Impasse until you post again.)  

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Kotetsu_Uzumaki

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:34 am
Kirias stalked through the forest, when she heard Bakher's cry. "Well done, just let the whole forest where we are". she thought to herself. She glanced forward and caught the scent of a Wyvern. "Guess we found our prey" she said.
She looked to the sky and roared a response to Bakher. "I'm going to lead it towards you" she said telepathically. "I'll let you strike the deathblow".  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:35 pm
< I hear you. How are you going to lure it to you? Most Wyverns flee when they scent a Dragon > He telepathically sent back, carefully framing the words in his mind before sending; telepathy was weak in most Gryphonkin, and it was no exception for him- it took real effort to do so.

That sent, he looked downwards again at the Wyvern below, which was still apparently lounging around; strong legs sprawled behind it wingarms curled partially under its body, long stinger tail flicking gently from side to side.

What WAS the Draconian creature DOING? He'd never seen one doing this before; Wyverns were amongst the top predators, but they still became prey to bigger creatures often. Lying in the open, apparently with not a care in the world, was tantamount to putting a giant sign saying "Eat me" up and lying beneath it.

He entered a cloud bank, and hissed with displease as the clouds left his fur dripping wet with condensation; at least it wasn't cold enough for water to freeze on his pinions and flight feathers. That had happened to him in the past, and he had nearly died from it.

He broke through the other side of the clouds, and looked down again. the Wyvern was still there, but it wasn't at ease. in fact, it was looking up at him.

He paused and hovered, beating his wings slowly forward to keep more or less the same altitude as he thought; there should have been no way for the Wyvern to see him. Well, it COULD see him, but as high up as he was, to a Wyverns eyes he shouldn't appear as more than a distant dot; their eyes might be keen, but nothing was as good as a Gryhopns vision.

Which made the Wyverns stare puzzling; why would it be sitting there, looking up at him high enough up to gain a unstoppable amount of inertia if he stooped down on it, and stay there?

- It wouldn't...unless-!

He threw himself backwards and folded his wings, just as the Wyvern who'd been sneaking up on his lashed out with its stinger, narrowly missing.

He thrust his forepaws out as he flipped, and felt his talons dig into scaly flesh, carving eight long, deep gashes into the Wyverns gut. The Draconian screamed in agony as muscles and tendons snapped, then fell in a welter of blood, hemmorhaging badly enough that he didn't think it could possibly survive.

He fanned his wings out a little, and looked upwards as high, shrill screeches rent the air; more Wyverns. A trap.

He desperately sent as he kicked a Wyvern in the bottom of the jaw with a hindpaw, his long ebony lions claws leaving its mouth and jaw a bleeding mess. The Wyvern gurgled, and lashed out with its stinger as it folded its wings, intending to get on the ground were it had the advantage.

- Not happening buddy!-

In a flash of well trained movement, he kicked aside the deadly, poison coated bone stinger, and caught the Wyverns tail between his hind paws as he dropped onto its back, sinking his foreclaws tight into the joint of wing and body.

The Wyvern gave a gurgling wail as his weight - and the fact that he held its wings immobilized in a iron grip- made the two of them plummet. He opened his beak and tried to catch the green scaled creatures neck between his jaws, but the Wyvern was fighting him every step of the way, tossing its head and trying to get him with its horns.

He saw the ground coming up, and clenched his talons as tight as he could, eliciting a scream from the Wyvern, before tearing his foreclaws out of its wingjoints and clasping its head.

It wailed one last time as it desperately tried to tear free; too little, too late, as he bent its head up and closed his beak over its throat. The tough hide resisted at first, then gave as he tossed his head back and forth, and a flood of burning hot blood sprayed as the razor edge of his beak opened its carotid. He jerked his head back and forth, the Wyverns heart blood covering his head, his neck, his entire forequarters. A flicker of motion made him look down, and he snapped his wings open, letting the wind tear him from the back of the dying Wyvern.

He grunted as G-forces threatened to knock him unconscious; if he were to succumb, he'd end up slamming into the ground at over fifty miles a hour. As the wind tore at his feathering, almost wrenching his wings from their sockets, he managed a skidding, dirt throwing stop, nearly breaking a foreleg in the process.

Woozily, he shook his head as blood flowed back into his brain, and winced at the sudden headache, before blowing air through his nostrils, expelling the caked on blood clogging his nares. He took in a deep breath, and started off to were he thought the Wyvern he;d killed had gone down.

The faintest whisper of sound made him throw himself to the ground, the talons that would have literally impaled him missing, but still managing to open up long, wide, and shallow gashes in his back.

He squawked at the pain as his blood ran to mingle with that of his kill, and lashed out with his beak, catching and tearing loose a chunk of his attacker.

The big male shrilled in pain, and looked at the small chunk of hide missing from its left thigh, before warily landing in a flurry of wing generated wind and debris.

Bakher snarled at the newcomer as his blood began to speckle the ground; He'd gladly fight them all day long.

Yet the male wyvern now lashing its long tail - and the two foot long, jagged "bone" dagger that was the Wyverns deadly stinger- was the only one facing him. He snapped a look skywards, and curses as he saw at least half a dozen head in the direction of the Wolf's Den, and Kirias.

-[ Kirias! ] if she didn't get his message, she was going to have several very angry Wyverns on her tail.

His thoughts evaporated as the Wyvern lept, straight at his head. Bakher lashed out with a hindpaw, caught the creature across the face, and threw its aim off. He lept at it in return, screeching a battle cry loud enough to echo throughout the Forest as he did so.  

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200

The Final Kira

Hilarious Genius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:52 am
"I understand that you are restless." He said, rubbing against her before looking at the crystals. "We can leave and move around once I've scanned the area for the beast. Hopefully, I'm just worrying about nothing."  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:40 am
I nodded, "Okay." Taking a deep breath, I began to pace around the cave, just trying to calm my nerves. There had been so much happening lately. I thought I had found a nice quiet place to live, but it turns out the opposite. Maybe this was because of me? Was I bringing all this bad luck with me?

I began to pace quicker as more thhoughts raced through my mind. Maybe it was all because of me...

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

The Final Kira

Hilarious Genius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:49 am
"Relax." Kiba said, looking at her as she paced around the cave. "Seems like the demon left. There's no signs of the beast or that it was even here. Maybe I was wrong about what was out there."  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:54 pm
"That would be great, but not that you were wrong," I fumbled over my words, still lost in thought even though there was semi-good news. I could not pacing though, I was just too hyped up from all my new thoughts. "Do you need to check on the pack or anyone? Just to make sure?" I kind of wondered how the pup was doing too.  

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Kotetsu_Uzumaki

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:29 pm
Kirias felt something tug at the back of her mind, was Bakher trying to communicate with her?
"Birdboy needs to work on his mental skills" she muttered to herself. Then she realized, why was the Wyvern she was tracking on the ground still alive?
Shouldn't Bakher have swooped down and killed it by now? She heard a faint hissing sound and then found herself surrounded by six of the creatures.

"Ooh, very clever" she said as the Wyverns began to circle her. "But you should learn more about your prey before revealing your oh-so-clever trap". She pounded the ground with her front limbs and let out an earth shattering roar that shook the trees. Thrown off balance, the Wyverns flinched at the sound which gave Kirias enough time to break their circle and attack the lead Wyvern.

Several times their size, her forelimbs and massive claws easily rend through flesh and bone and severed the creature clean in two. She then quickly spun around with speed that should not have been possible of a creature of her size and crushed two more of the beasts before they could recover.

However... more creatures took their place. Kirias looked around, it appeared that she was quite outnumbered. Wyverns fangs and claws couldn't even scratch her rock hard scales, but those stingers dripped with a powerful venom, venom that could kill if it got inside her. "This... could actually be quite bad" she said. < I, um... could really use some help here >

Meanwhile...

Kaishin and Raiden clashed in midair, falling to the ground in a ball of fur and fangs. Each of them seemed to take turns and clawing and biting at one another before they pushed away and git to their feet, staring each other down.
"How long must this charade go on?" Raiden said in his usual, calm tone. "I want to get back to ruling my pack".
"I will end you" Kaishin growled. "And the world will be better for it".
"Oooh, so scary".

Kaishin dug his claws into the ground and the runes on his body began to glow. Lightning began to arc off of his fur and the he launched a powerful lightning bolt at Raiden.
The demon wolf laughed and sidestepped the attack with ease. "Did you really think such a straight-forward attack would work?" he laughed.
Kaishin grinned, "Yep" as the bolt changed direction and struck Raiden in the back..
"You'll pay for that one" Raiden said and began to cast his own magicks. The ground began to flow with a green mist, "Best not to breathe this in" Raiden laughed. "It might be hazardous to your health".
Kaishin countered and whipped up a windstorm that blew away the mist. "I'm a lot stronger now" Kaishin said. "You won't win this time".  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:40 am
"I'm sure everyone is fine. I've already seen inside of the den and everyone seems fine. Come on, I thought you wanted to run around." He said, looking at her seeing why she's so worried.  

The Final Kira

Hilarious Genius

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:01 am
"Oh, I didn't realize..." I really was out of it, but a run did sound really nice right then. "Okay," I said, walking to the cave entrance. "I do need to get out."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:46 am
"Come on." He said as he ran past her and waited for her a few feet away.  

The Final Kira

Hilarious Genius

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:14 am
With a shriek of anger, Bakher slashed at the Wyverns legs, trying to hamstring his bigger opponent. The Wyvern was too crafty for such a move, and deflected his talons with a wing, smacking him away.

-damn thing knows how to fight! this is harder than I thought it would be-

He rolled upright as the Wyvern swiped at him with its wingarms, the short but still deadly talons missing him by the breadth of a feather.
Startled, he leapt back,; he hadn't expected the Wyvern to do. Wary now, he hissed and circled his foe, trying his best to ignore the wounds in his back as he looked the Wyvern over.

He wondered if he had the time to cast a effective spell, and decided against it; to do proper High Magiks, which would be the more effective of the Magiks he wielded, required the usage of his hands to cast. As he was extremely clumsy standing on his hindlegs, and given that he would be essentially defenseless in the few seconds it took to cast, that option didn't seem workable.

- Native Gryphon-Magik I can use, but its not likely to work.... ah hell.-

He did the impossible-to-describe inward mental "Reach" that all Gryphons used for their innate Magiks, and he felt the familiar building pressure in his throat as his body responded to the mental trigger. He gagged as the Magik built in strength, waited a moment, aimed his head at the Wyyverns chest, then spat out a bolt of aquamarine energy, a bolt that hit the Wyvern and exploded in a blinding blue flash.

He braced himself against the blast, and shook himself to dislodge the ice crystals that had formed on his plumage; his innate power was the ability to snap freeze things, and he always had backblast issues.

He heard a reptilian hiss of pain, then the sound of smashing ice as the Wyvern shattered the ice holding it down. He ducked as a hail of ice shards flew, then looked over at the Wyvern.

It wasn't dead, as he had hoped; Wyverns were resistant to most Magika, which was one reason the humans hunted them so often. The Wyvern stomped its way clear of the ice, and shrilled in pain, lashing its tail.

He narrowed his eyes; it seemed that, although the magik bolt hadn't snapfroze the tissues of the Wyvern itself, the same could not be said of the fluid venom coating its stinger. The poison had apparently frozen and expanded until it burst the sacs holding it, ripping open a good chunk of its tail.

Not only that, the venom still remaining had completely frozen, and nothing the Wyvern did could dislodge it.

Hissing in pain and anger, it lept at him, only to slip on the ice rimmed ground underfoot. Not one to pass up a opportunity, Bakher lept onto the Wyverns back and slashed once, twice, three times downwards.

His talons sliced through hide, muscle, and fat, then through tendon and ligament, leaving the Wyverns wings hanging limp and useless. As the Wyvern raised its head to wail, he bit down, hard, on one thick hindleg, and sawed his head back and forth until the limb went limb as he bit through nerves.

He seized the crippled Wyverns head in his talons as it tried to move, and bared its throat for the finishing bite to the throat. He drew his beak back and was about to bite down when he heard Kirias' mental cry for help.

Snarling, he released the Wyvern and lept off its back, running in the direction the Dragons "Voice" had come from, leaving the wounded but still very much alive Wyvern to thrash on the snap frozen ground.

Bakher didn't worry about the Wyvern any longer; He'd come back later and finish the job when he could; for now, he had to go rescue a Dragon.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:30 pm
I smiled smally, and bounded after him, almos skipping. My impeccably white fur almost glowed in the light, but the dark spots toned it down. I was not used to being so vibrant since I had lived in the snow all year round. I knew my coat did not fit in with the habitat here, but I had been able to survive for this long, so I did not plan on leaving.  

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

The Final Kira

Hilarious Genius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:54 pm
Kiba watched as the light shone off her fur. He knew he would protect her no matter what, but for now he was reliving a puphood that he never had. He started to play with Aakosir the best way he could remember.  
General RP

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 154 155 156 157 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games