Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "COS" ^Can O Spam^
Moonie's Ramblings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 2594 2595 2596 2597 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:26 pm
Decided to change the date of my expected graduation to a little later. Especially when some terms I might take less classes than full-time... like I did for this (summer) term.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:31 pm
In the next week or so, I should be hearing about one of the scholarships I applied for. *shrugs* And then for the other scholarship I applied for, the winner will be decided in the next couple months or so. Not sure if they'll contact non-winners or not. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:34 pm
It's going to be so weird having a night time class, rather than a day time class. Right now I'm not so sure about it. Unfortunately I also signed up for a night time class during fall term, so if I don't like night classes, I'll have to deal with it for another term.

*shrugs*

Guess we'll just see how things go.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:35 pm
And the timing of the class isn't very convenient either. It's 6 pm - 9 pm. Meaning I'll have to eat dinner earlier than my parents ((most likely before Mom gets home from work)), just so I can leave early enough and get to school a bit earlier than class, and then won't get home until a half hour or so after 9 pm.

*sighs*

My schedule is probably going to get all wacky with this night time class thing.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:36 pm
Hopefully for Fall term I won't feel overloaded with all of the classes I'm taking. 3nodding Taking 5 classes (16 credits) for Fall.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:40 pm
For Fall term, this is what my week will look like:

Monday - I'll be at school from 12 pm - 4:05 pm
Tuesday - No classes.
Wednesday - I'll be at school from 12 pm - 9 pm
Thursday - I'll be at school from 6 - 9 pm
Friday - I'll be at school from 1:25 pm - 4:05 pm

Yeah... Wednesday is going to a very long day for me. *sighs*  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:42 pm
*sighs* I'll be having to go eat dinner pretty soon. So that I'm done eating and what not in time for me to leave for school.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:43 pm
Time for a topic change!

*smirks*

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

*laughs*

Sorry, I had to. xd  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:44 pm
I bet people around here will be glad when I'm done with all of the Alice in Wonderland chatter I've been doing, in preparation for my Un-birthday party.

Guess I'll just have to find something else to talk about... such as...

Sherlock Holmes!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:46 pm
I can't wait until we get my laptop up and going. 3nodding Because I want to put one of the Sherlock Holmes wallpapers I have as the wallpaper on my laptop. I think it very suiting for school and what not - since that's the main reason why Dad got me the laptop. Especially with me joking that I should go earn my Doctorate so I can be called "Dr. Watson," assuming that I don't get married before then. xd Then that would just ruin the whole concept idea.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:53 pm
A year or two to get my Bachelors.

Another year or two for my Masters.

And then two to four years for my Doctorate.

*sighs*

Not sure if I would want to take more schooling for that long, but who knows... I might just decide to do it, if I can afford it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:54 pm
Well... I'm going to head off and eat some dinner, before I have to leave for school.

So, I'll talk to you tomorrow.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:37 am
Good morning!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:39 am
In the main forum, there was a topic sharing a link about 7 classic Disney movies based on R-rated stories. I was surprised they only stopped at 7 movies. They could've gone into so much more detail for many others films. Though I guess some of the other films weren't based on R-rated stories... but still...

So I've decided to do my own revealing of the true story for some other films. 3nodding So here we go:  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:13 am
Pocahontas: Brief Encounters, Marriage and Death

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Disney Happy Ending:

In the film, we follow British settlers sailing for North America, in order to fulfill greedy Governor John Ratcliffe's desire for gold. In the "New World", Pocahontas, the daughter of Chief Powhatan, learns that her father wants her to marry Kocoum, one of his finest warriors. Throughout the film Pocahontas tries to find where her heart lies and what lies in the future for her, occasionally receiving advice and comfort from Grandmother Willow, a talking tree spirit; Flit, a hummingbird, and Meeko, a raccoon (and later Percy the pug of Ratcliffe's). The British settlers land and John Smith is sent out to explore the territory encountering Pocahontas. The two spend time together where Pocahontas reveals to John that there's more to them than the "white skinned people" think and that there's no gold. Soon, a war comes about against the Natives and the Settlers, when John is captured by the Natives - after being blamed for the death of Kocoum (who was killed by Thomas, one of John's settler friends). Pocahontas runs to the meeting ground between the two sides and throws herself over John, revealing her love for John. The settlers and native lower their weapons and John is released. Ratcliffe, however, doesn't like this "defeat" and grabs a gun aiming to shoot Powhatan. John notices the evil scheme and pushes the chief out of the way, taking the bullet. Ratcliffe is arrested to be taken back to England for punishment for high teason, John is sent back to England for proper medical treatment, and Pocahontas decides to stay with her people rather than return to England with John and the settlers.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

In the sequel, we learn that John Smith has been presumed dead by Governor Ratcliffe, in a plot to declare war against the Powhatan Nation. In order to prevent this, John Rolfe is sent to bring Chief Powhatan to King James for negotiations. Pocahontas ends up going instead of her father, much to Rolfe's dislike. Meeko, Flit, and Percy, along with Uttamatomakkin, a bodyguard, joins Pocahontas on her journey. Soon, Pocahontas is "civilized" to impress the King - to prevent the Armada sailing to attack. During the evening, Pocahontas can't stand seeing a bear being tortured, and defends the bear, resulting in her (and Uttamatomakkin's) arrest, ordered by Rolfe. Rolfe meets a hood stranger who aids him in breaking Pocahontas out of jail - John Smith - who reveals he still has feelings for Pocahontas. After revealing Ratcliffe's treachery and lies to the King and Queen, Pocahontas tells John Smith that their romance is over and she decides to be with John Rolfe, who joins her in her journey back home.

The Original Ending:

The name Pocahontas was actually a nickname for the Indian Chief Powhatan's daughter, who's real name was Matoaka. This nickname was used to prevent the "Whites" from learning her real name; and the fear of them doing harm to her if they knew it. While Pocahontas and John Smith did meet, they were not the same age as portrayed in the Disney film. Pocahontas was about ten years old when they met. Smith was captured by the natives and would've been executed, but Pocahontas saved him - though there is no mention of there being any romantic feelings being the reasoning behind this. Unlike the Disney film, Smith wasn't shot by Ratcliffe; instead an injury from a gunpowder explosion was the reason for Smith to return to England for medical care. The English told the natives that Smith was dead - which Pocahontas believed until she learned he was alive when she travelled there several years later. According to historian William Strachey, Pocahontas had married the warror Kocoum, though there isn't much known about the marriage. During her stay in Henricus, Pocahontas met John Rolfe, whose English-born wife had died. She had converted to Christianity and married John Rolfe, receiving the English name Rebecca Rolfe. They had a son named Thomas. Years later, Pocahontas and Rolfe boarded a ship to return to Virginia, but the ship only went as far as Gravesend on the River Thames when Pocahontas became gravely ill. She was taken ashore and died.  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 2594 2595 2596 2597 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games