Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil 5 Discussion:: The Infection Spreads Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:22 pm
The fact that Jill is bird lady is pretty much old news. And the fact that she's blonde isn't really a big deal at all to me.

My main concern is that RE5 is looking as though it's going to be a flat-out frikkin' Gears of War game. LAME. I've been following this for months, and those assholes spoke of more puzzles and less linear, less action-oriented gameplay, with more traditional locales in the second half. Well, now I'm reading the reviews, and they're basically saying that the second half of the game turns into Gears of War, complete with duck-and-cover game mechanics, as you're forced to engage in straight-up firefights. mad Really, guys? That's the best you can come up with? A new Resident Evil game trying to be Metal Gear Solid and Gears of War? rolleyes

I'm not happy. The game's still pre-ordered, and I'll still play it and hope that they've done something worthwhile with the story, but I highly doubt it now. I'm really disappointed. Glad I didn't shell out the extra dough for that Collector's Edition.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:48 pm
Thee Stranger
The fact that Jill is bird lady is pretty much old news. And the fact that she's blonde isn't really a big deal at all to me.

My main concern is that RE5 is looking as though it's going to be a flat-out frikkin' Gears of War game. LAME. I've been following this for months, and those assholes spoke of more puzzles and less linear, less action-oriented gameplay, with more traditional locales in the second half. Well, now I'm reading the reviews, and they're basically saying that the second half of the game turns into Gears of War, complete with duck-and-cover game mechanics as you're forced to engage in straight-up firefights. mad Really, guys? That's the best you can come up with? A new Resident Evil game trying to be Metal Gear Solid and Gears of War? rolleyes

I'm not happy. The game's still pre-ordered, and I'll still play it and hope that they've done something worthwhile with the story, but I highly doubt it now. I'm really disappointed. Glad I didn't shell out the extra dough for that Collector's Edition.
You've got to be shitting me. Then again since when did capcom give a crap about the storyline. However, I would've atleast thought it wouldn't be some stupid ptch up job. That's what it is, they've ran out of ideas and put in oideas that got good reviews from bad critics. SCrew capcom, and also like I sid before I have to the RE5 Movie poster I made that qualifies it as an actionpacked movie. Thus ehence forth it doesn't qualify as a survival horror.  

Alkaizer87

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:22 pm
The Not So Evil Deadite
Hahaha, this is looking to be the craptaculest (Story wise)! But I can't wait! Whoo for Confusing and BS spoilers!

And also, Jill is a really big fan of Leon, so she was all like:

OMG LEON IS HAWT I DYE HAIR TO MATCH HIS ROFL CAN I HAZ MEMBERSHIPZ?

OH HAI GAIZ DO YOU LIEK MAI HIGHLITEZ?

Jokes side, this was my face when I read the news about Jill: -_-

I am pleased she is alive, but at the same time, OMFG WHY YOU DO DAT CAPCOM? gonk

Also, in before Bio randomly pops in to say: TOLD YA! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:30 pm
You literally beat me by barely 10 minutes.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:38 pm
rofl

While you're here, you have a contest waiting for you decision.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:42 pm
Fine, it's done. Can I go now? ._.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:48 pm
No, because we miss you! gonk *locks door*  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:54 pm
Aww come on, what's another month or so?
I just want the stupid RE5 hype to blow over before I come back full time. It's killing my brainmeats.

Oh by the way, here's an excerpt from an article about an interview with Jun Takeuchi that I think will explain the Jill situation. Probably won't make you feel better, but that's what you get for getting your hopes up.

Quote:
According to Takeuchi--who gave his presentation through a translator--the first faulty approach Capcom took was to believe developers just needed to understand how foreigners feel and think. Another was the assumption that if foreigners saw themselves in the products, they would be more likely to buy them. Or as Takeuchi put it, "If we can just get a couple guys on our dev team to dye their hair blond, then maybe we can sell our games there."

The game that came from that line of thinking was Onimusha 3. The Onimusha series of samurai action games had been successful enough, but Takeuchi said sales in North America and Europe "left something to be desired." Capcom's idea to broaden the appeal of the series was to take a face who would be more familiar to Western audiences--French actor Jean Reno--and include him in the game.

"I guess you could say we dyed the game blond," Takeuchi said.

I mean... He says the approach was faulty, but it seems they're trying it again. In a more literal way than ever.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:00 pm
I could see that board meeting right now...

CEO: We need our games to sell more in the West. What should we do?

Takeuchi: Many Americans are blond, so why don't we include more blond characters?

CEO: HIGHLIGHTS! I like that!

Geez, if they're going to follow an American stereotype, why don't they make Jill fat as well?

You're not completely leaving? That's a relief. Since you don't like the hype, why don't you just stay away from the RE5 section?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:02 pm
Anyway, I'll stop posting in this thread. Or people might get pissed off and chew me out again.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:11 am
Who cares about her frikkin' hair color, man? That's the least of our concerns.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:20 am
The hair color isn't the point, it's a metaphor. He used the hair color as a metaphor for "Americanizing" something. And what's more 'American' than a big, macho guy with a chain-saw gun? So where are they gonna look to?  

Biohazard EXTREME

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:26 am
Why cn't they just do it likethe old days where they don't have to care where they're selling. It was better that way. So today RE5 is officially out in stores over here. I still ahve to wait for the 17:15 bus to go back to the city in order to see howmuch it costs since the campus of my college at teh Lin Kou Branch is so isolated.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:28 am
Well, RE has always had an American kind of flavor to it... it was RE4 where I think they unleashed all the crazy Japanese s**t, which ultimately hurt it. Just like MGS2.  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:31 am
It's not so much Japanese, as rejapanese... A word I just made up. It's like, the Japanese version of stuff that became popular in America, which America got from Japan... If that makes sense.
It's like the Matrix sequels.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games