Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:59 am

*gluggles Ivel*

*gluggles MouMou*
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 8:59 am

*gluggles back* heart

Mou

Eloquent Conversationalist

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:07 am

*is gluggled* You know, the Angel Bow does look pretty nifty, but it wouldn't match my avatar (not like it really matches anyhow). besides that, I don't want to spedn any more Gaia gold of any donation items for this month, because I aready bought the Chain of Command. It made a larger than normal dent in my account, but hopefully people will vote to have next month's donation tiem released at the end of the month, giving me more time to recover.
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:11 am

I doubt they'll change something they've already changed once. neutral It's not like it's something they'll change every month that'd just be too bothersome.

I hate how the wings once again are a new shade of white. Why can't Gaia make the whites match?

Mou

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 1:33 pm

You're probably right.

Yeah, the angelic items seem to be scattered with varying shades of gray/white and blue/white. None really match now. The demon items have been pretty consistent, except for that scarf. Oh wait, that scarf is part of the "Nightmare" set. My bad on that.
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:18 pm

Nope not even the devil set is consistant, even though it only consists of two items, the horns and the tail. The horns are black/gray and the tail is black/brown... though those work alright together anyways.

The NM scarf doesn't go with the rest of the NM stuff either and the NM boots are the worst of them all...

Quite horrible mis-matching on Gaia's part in my opinion.

Mou

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:32 pm

Well, mismatching or not, I would adore a chance to get whole sets. cool
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:36 pm

Really? I nver noticed that the tail was brownish. Oh yeah, the Nightmare set is horrendous. I really don't like it at all. I think it was a failed attempt at recreating the Nightmare before Christmas.

Well, Gaia seems to be recruiting better drawers or the original people are improving. I'm am glad of that.

As would anyone, Talon.

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Mou

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:57 pm

The original people are improving I'd say... though I do know they've hired at least one new artist that's working full time for them. Have you seen Ling's art anyways, it's super gorgeous, there's really nothing to complain about when it comes to Gaia artist skills.

I'm still missing the NM headband, then I'd have complete sets... and yes, the tail is very brownish, I should know, I've had it for as long as I can remember (as well as the eyepatch).
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:15 pm

Yeah,no matter what outfit you change to, the eyepatch is everpresent. What items/art has ling done? Of course, expecially considering that they live on that fact that people donate. I like the Nightmare Headband most of all of the items (except for the claws). *takes a closer look* You're right, the tail is quite brown. I don't know how that ever slipped by my notice.

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Micaelae

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:41 pm

Yoder
Yeah,no matter what outfit you change to, the eyepatch is everpresent. What items/art has ling done? Of course, expecially considering that they live on that fact that people donate. I like the Nightmare Headband most of all of the items (except for the claws). *takes a closer look* You're right, the tail is quite brown. I don't know how that ever slipped by my notice.

I jus wanna know what they do with all the donation moneho.o

if you think about, 2.50$ for every donation right?

so figure how many users on Gaia there are?I heard it was big(maybe over 20k accounts at least?)
Then factor in that probably one out of every 20 Gaians spends roughly 20$ on donation letters every month(you know there are at least one in two nyah?)

That adds up to a whole lots as long as they keep the items wanted. Plus all the plushie and merchandies(btw, I want a kiki kitty to wear to an anime con wif my neko-sama from Trigun!^_^)

ok so lets say a ballaprk figure for total donations gained is..lesse, if 20$ for every 20 users(lets make that the standard), then times it by oh, 5000 users to start off.

5000 / 20 = 250

250 * 20 = 5000

Thats 5000 dollars right there.

now add in say maybe 400 dollars for merchandise/etc.

tahts 5400 dollars on a good donation item.

So how much does a big server cost?atually by now Gaia should have its own servers, so lets say upkeep cost 400$ a month ok?

That leaves 5000 dollars to split between what they pay the artists, what the owners get, and what the programs and the(few, most are probably original forum goers volunteering) moderators pay A month, lets say they each make 100$ a week to work occasionally on Gaia. Then sya that there are 10 of them in total.
Thats 4000 dollars split between all the workers.
That still leaves 1000 for whoever runs the sight.

Not to count the money for those packs of store credits, the advertisements on every side of the sight, and that once somehting is programmed there is only a need to pay someone to do more when something goes wrong

SOrry just decided to think it out myself

sweatdrop
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:27 am

With over 3 mil registered users (okay there are some mules there too but, still around 2 mil) they'd never be able to handle all of Gaia with only one server. I think I've counted at least 4-5, it's hard to keep up with them since they changed it so that you won't see which server you're on.

They have at least *counts* 5-6 people working full time for them, which is already a lot.

The mods don't get payed anything, so that's not a problem.

The advertisments are probably a very very important part in paying for Gaia...

All in all, I'm pretty sure they're not floating in money... in the end, even if they were, I know at least Lanzer LIVED in the office working on Gaia back down in 2003. They've really had to put a lot of effort into it.

Sorry Yoder, I've only seen some other non-Gaia art done by her, so I can't pinpoint anything. I'm pretty sure she has a finger in most of the items created and she might've done the top banner... but I'm really not 100% sure of this.

Mou

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 6:22 am

Wow, Ivel, good research! They have MANY servers. I mean they have 2 whole servers taking care of the PMs. How many countless more are taking care of the forums/guilds? before they did a huge change you would sometimes get errors that the sushi/cnady database was glitching. I don't think they kept those names from the big change. Gaia is really a work of genious, and Lanzer deserves all of the money he gets. He made Gaia as it is to attract so many people, so he has a right ot all of that cash. I don't think that anyone else could do his job as effectively as he has.

In addition, there are more items to the demon set. These include the demon bow, guitar of demonus, demon contacts, demon pitchfork, and a few others that I can't remember right now.
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 7:14 am

I have the bow, horns, pitchfork, and guitar. sweatdrop

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Micaelae

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 7:50 am

Yoder
Wow, Ivel, good research! They have MANY servers. I mean they have 2 whole servers taking care of the PMs. How many countless more are taking care of the forums/guilds? before they did a huge change you would sometimes get errors that the sushi/cnady database was glitching. I don't think they kept those names from the big change. Gaia is really a work of genious, and Lanzer deserves all of the money he gets. He made Gaia as it is to attract so many people, so he has a right ot all of that cash. I don't think that anyone else could do his job as effectively as he has.

In addition, there are more items to the demon set. These include the demon bow, guitar of demonus, demon contacts, demon pitchfork, and a few others that I can't remember right now.

Oh Im not saying they dont Deserve it!I think they do. Gaia is the shibbehness:p

Im saying count it out it adds up to quite a bit of money:p

O.O!ecchi-sama, I dint recognize you for a sec. What trying to lure new members into thinking your all pristine?-sly grin:p-
Dont worry I won't say anything-waves a hand dismissivly-

4laugh

I have the guitar-sweat-
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games