Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 8:35 pm

*waves a Texas flag* Gotta love my birthstate. Not only is it the only state that flies their flag as high as the American flag, but they are also the only state that reserves the right to succed from the nation. That's right. If Texas so desired, they can literally say "screw you guys, I don't need you."

*Notes the hufflepuff siggy and winks as he flashes a Ravenclaw banner for a moment*
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:10 pm

Talon TDS
*waves a Texas flag* Gotta love my birthstate. Not only is it the only state that flies their flag as high as the American flag, but they are also the only state that reserves the right to succed from the nation. That's right. If Texas so desired, they can literally say "screw you guys, I don't need you."

*Notes the hufflepuff siggy and winks as he flashes a Ravenclaw banner for a moment*

because originally Texas was its own country, they joined the US because A)it was more secure, and B)I am pretty sure they were warring with Mexico for independence nyeh?

Micaelae

Mou

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:26 am

FINLAND WON THE EUROVISION SONG CONTEST!!!!!!!!! *tears of joy* I've never seen so many screaming finns on the streets before.... I have no voice left. This is just too amazing!! Have to pinch myself over and over to see if I'm dreaming or not.

Hard rock HALLELUJA!!

Go monsters, go lordi, go Finland! And nyah to you stupid bad loosers Sweden!!

crying heart 4laugh whee
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:11 am

Wow, a pretty borad array of interests. That's good, because pretty much every type of RP you just mentioned is here in the RPR. Also, don't be hesitant to look inside an RPthread, because the title can be misleading. Such an example would be like "After the Endless Waltz" which would most likely be an RP about giant Mecha.

Oh, hope he gets better soon.

hey, Talon, you guys also have your own personal CIA to protect you, because the state is so massive. Gotta love Texas Rangers, the good old stalkers of justice.

I've never heard of that contest, Mou, but ,"Yay for Finland, anyway!" One competition that i saw on TV was an only-europe contest. It was ballroom dancing. I watched that for its entire duration. It was very good and so were the dancers.

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Mou

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:27 am

Eurovision song constest, gigantic song contest viewed by millions of people all around Europe, where a singer/group that has been chosen by a televote in each individual country in Europe compete against eachother in an Europe wide song contest. It's a 50+ year old tradition to show music from different countries in Europe to other countries, originally it was only traditional folk music (do you call it that in english?), later it evolved into a mass of Abba copies and other happy-go-go bands. This was where Abba had their major breakthrough I beleive, when they won the Eurovision.

Finland has been competing for 40 years now... and always finished last... ALWAYS. Then now suddenly we win with a group dressed in Monster costumes singing Hard rock, so out of the ordinary and a through chocker for everyone. Go look Lordi up and compare them to Abba and you'll see what the big commotion is all about.
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:08 am

Talon TDS

Yep, I was born and raised in Texas, I'm probable gonna die there too...

Yay for Hufflepuffs (and Ravenclaws)

Carmen_Bizet

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:13 am

Wow, that sounds pretty cool! Yeah, I guess that's what its called. I've never heard of Abba, but they sounds popular the way you describe them. From last to first in one comptition. That is quite impressive. *looks up* Yeah, I do see!
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:07 pm

*faints* <--- that was just my reaction to someone who's never heard of Abba before. Incredably famous band from Sweden... not a person I know that don't know the lyrics to Waterloo and Mama Mia.

Yes, it made us scream and yell hysterically... and people were running around in their boxers on the streets (someone must have lost a bet), people driving past screaming in cars and I lost count of how many who wanted to buy my friends Finland flag xd

Mou

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:36 pm

Ivellias
because originally Texas was its own country, they joined the US because A)it was more secure, and B)I am pretty sure they were warring with Mexico for independence nyeh?

Not that I recall . . . In fact, I recall Texas as being fought over between the US and Mexico. In the end, the US won and reset the border along the El Paso river, not the Nueces river that the Mexicans wanted.

Yoder
hey, Talon, you guys also have your own personal CIA to protect you, because the state is so massive. Gotta love Texas Rangers, the good old stalkers of justice.

That, and the fact that it is still a fairly wild state in places. If you ******** up, we will just kill ya. If you kill a person with 3 or more credable eye-witnesses, you get put on death row as next in line. twisted "Don't mess with Texas" is not just a slogan, it is a way of life.

>_>
<_<
*starts headbanging* HARD ROCK . . . . HALLELUJAH!!!! pirate
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:57 pm

Talon TDS

>_>
<_<
*starts headbanging* HARD ROCK . . . . HALLELUJAH!!!! pirate

Wings on my back
I got horns on my head
My fangs are sharp
And my eyes are red
Not quite an angel
The one that fell
Now choose to join us or go straight to Hell

I somewhat get why some called them demon worshippers... though they're really not. It's just show bizz and they're masters at that.

I've jumped up and down so many times already I think I need to rest xD Have no voice either... but I LOVE IT! *is still hyper over the victory*

Mou

Seiena

Hilarious Genius

1,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:19 pm

*inches onto the Forums and blushes a bit giving a little wave* Hello...I'm Seiena, I'm new to the guild...I love Roleplaying a great deal...practically live for it...hehe...*gives a lil ahem and folds her hands behind her head* So uh...looking forward to RPing around here ^_^ Um...Figured I'd say ya know I've been Rping for like well over 8 years now and while I'm not great at Spelling and Grammer...RPing has actually helped it...I'm 23 in July and have ADD incase anyones wondering how a 23 year old doesn't know basic grammer and spelling...well I do know it...my brain just likes to see how bad it can scramble it haha! ^_^;

Anyways yeah so...uh...Hello ^_^ And I hope to find lots of fun here ^_^
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:24 pm

Welcome Seiena! Hope you enjoy your stay here in the Refuge heart

Mou

Seiena

Hilarious Genius

1,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:35 pm

I'm seriously debating running a fairly big RP across you guys...to see if it floats...by fairly big I mean no real destination...just something to do when you're not in other rps...or...while you're in other RPs with several factions in it...I'm attempting to write a book...so ya know...It's based on that...Two sides...both have dragon riders (not pern >_> though colors do have genders on one side but it's a God thing...) One side's only run by women...the other side whoever's next in line rules...Big war...that sort of thing...I dunno just yet...but I think it might be fun...I'm just scared of the fact I'd possibly be playing Three characters at any given moment...My character and then both gods haha ^_^;;; but only cuz both gods aren't all there...and one of them the 'dark god'...happens to have a thing for my character (His Granddaughter) but he's crazy and she hates him so ya know. *laughs nervously*

Edit: I fully admit to the fact that I'm just plain wierd.
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:43 pm

Oooh... someone as weird as I am... >.>;

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Seiena

Hilarious Genius

1,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:47 pm

Oooh it gets a -lot- worse haha ^_^;;; We'll deem them 'Good God' and 'Dark god' but in the series (Yeah where I'm thinking of going is near the end)...anyways in the begining of the series...'Good God' is brilliant wonderful, creates humans and harmony...all things pretty...'Dark God' creates war, famine, disease,death....Then later along the lines...'Good god' becomes angry and changes humanity, becomes bitter and cruel and vain...and 'Dark God' becomes the one that cherishes life, and tries his best to counteract the change in the 'good god' and what she does to things...like after Humanity's been tainted enough in her eyes she turns them as ugly in appearance as she sees them and casts them away...of course 'Dark God' takes them under his care and all that fun stuff...Oh yeah I'm gonna start some serious controversys with my series I'm sure hahaha! ^_^;;

Edit: Decided to just add on instead of making a new post...you know...theres lots of big RPs o_o; *looks intimidated* Dunno where to slip on into the fun with soooo many pages meep! O_O;
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games