Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13395 13396 13397 13398 13399 13400 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

The Betgirl

Quotable Genius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:34 pm

Actually, to my knowledge, an Agnostic person is someone who believes that there is SOMETHING out there, but doesn't know what. Or at least, that's what it is to me.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:36 pm

Regulust
The Awkwardest Turtle
Zephyrkitty
The Awkwardest Turtle
Oi.

Perhaps you guys should consider that some people in this guild might be religious. >_>

Not like super crazy bible-pushing religious though. I hate those people. They give Christians a bad name.

Technically, I'm Catholic. When I'm arguing religion, it's not about the belief/disbelief in a deity as much as it is stupid reasoning and beliefs I personally disagree with.

I'm sorry if I said something that offended you, though.

Nah, you were fine, I was just point out how Kriel and T sounded like they forgot that not all religious people are idiots.

@Reg- That would be Agnostic.
Not believing anything is Agnostic.
believing that there absolutely cannot be a god is Atheism.

@T- I understand. Don't worry about it. :3 I was just saying something before we got into religion bashing.

No Atheist is not believing anything Agnostic is a pic and choose religion.

WIKIPEDIA!
Quote:
Atheism is the absence or rejection of belief in deities, or the explicit view that there are no deities.

Quote:
Agnosticism is the philosophical view that the truth value of certain claims — particularly metaphysical claims regarding theology, afterlife or the existence of deities, ghosts, or even ultimate reality — is unknown or, depending on the form of agnosticism, inherently impossible to prove or disprove.

The Awkwardest Turtle

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:37 pm

The Awkwardest Turtle
Regulust
The Awkwardest Turtle
Zephyrkitty
The Awkwardest Turtle
Oi.

Perhaps you guys should consider that some people in this guild might be religious. >_>

Not like super crazy bible-pushing religious though. I hate those people. They give Christians a bad name.

Technically, I'm Catholic. When I'm arguing religion, it's not about the belief/disbelief in a deity as much as it is stupid reasoning and beliefs I personally disagree with.

Nah, you were fine, I was just point out how Kriel and T sounded like they forgot that not all religious people are idiots.

@T- I understand. Don't worry about it. :3 I was just saying something before we got into religion bashing.

WIKIPEDIA!
Quote:
Atheism is the absence or rejection of belief in deities, or the explicit view that there are no deities.

Quote:
Agnosticism is the philosophical view that the truth value of certain claims — particularly metaphysical claims regarding theology, afterlife or the existence of deities, ghosts, or even ultimate reality — is unknown or, depending on the form of agnosticism, inherently impossible to prove or disprove.

Then that proves I'm an Atheist.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:37 pm

Regulust
The Awkwardest Turtle
Zephyrkitty
The Awkwardest Turtle
Oi.

No, agnostic is just uncertainty. It's not actually a religion at all.

As for me, I don't have a religion. But I'm absolutely sure there's something, whatever it is. I mean, there had to be SOMETHING that started everything, it couldn't have just always been or appeared out of nowhere. >_>
Not sure if it's some form of agnosticism or not.

l-Kriel-l

The Betgirl

Quotable Genius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:38 pm

The Awkwardest Turtle
Regulust
The Awkwardest Turtle
Zephyrkitty
The Awkwardest Turtle
Oi.

WIKIPEDIA!
Quote:

Quote:
Yay, thanks Turtle. That's what I mean, :3
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:39 pm

The Awkwardest Turtle
Zephyrkitty
The Awkwardest Turtle
Oi.

Ah ok. Thanks.

You can trust when i say I believe in God just as much as the next person.

It's just the one church in particular that I go to that sets me off... and any other like that one. It's a baptist church or soething like that.

Not even the church at my Catholic Elementary school was so aggravating.

At least there one could get in, get out in under an hour.

The one I go to? They have to drone on and on talking about everyhing, INCLUDING the kitcken sink!

They feel they have to really teach what every little verse means and then yap about thier opinions of it. Talk about ad libbing...

At least I can say the adults are nice people, who actually care about me... but that doesn't mean I'm obligated to hang around them all the ding dong day... EVERY conversation turns into something church related with them.

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

l-Kriel-l

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:40 pm

Also, on the topic of atheism...
Atheists don't believe in nothing, that's nihilists. xd
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:43 pm

TtheHero
The Awkwardest Turtle
Zephyrkitty
The Awkwardest Turtle
Oi.

Ah ok. Thanks.

It's just the one church in particular that I go to that sets me off... and any other like that one. It's a baptist church or soething like that.

The one I go to? They have to drone on and on talking about everyhing, INCLUDING the kitcken sink!

They feel they have to really teach what every little verse means and then yap about thier opinions of it. Talk about ad libbing...

At least I can say the adults are nice people, who actually care about me... but that doesn't mean I'm obligated to hang around them all the ding dong day... EVERY conversation turns into something church related with them.

I saw the word "baptist" and that was all I needed to see.
The area in which I live is mostly baptist.
I hate going to friend's churches. >_>
My church is boring but at least we're cool about mostly everything and don't go OMG THE BIBLE IS THE BEST THING EVAR LETS TALK ABOUT IT ALL WE CAN.

The Awkwardest Turtle

l-Kriel-l

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:46 pm

The Awkwardest Turtle
TtheHero
The Awkwardest Turtle
Zephyrkitty
The Awkwardest Turtle
Oi.

Ah ok. Thanks.

My church is boring but at least we're cool about mostly everything and don't go OMG THE BIBLE IS THE BEST THING EVAR LETS TALK ABOUT IT ALL WE CAN.

O GOD. (lol)
It's mostly catholic around here. Though it's pretty laid-back, I don't mind it.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:49 pm

The Awkwardest Turtle
TtheHero
The Awkwardest Turtle
Zephyrkitty
The Awkwardest Turtle
Oi.

Ah ok. Thanks.

Yeah, and you don't have to deal with wearing badly stitched robes, that are especially uncomfortable in the summertime.

I mean really! All around me, everyone else looks like either white or badly tie-dyed Cousin Its!

While saying that, I too am forced to wear one, not to mention having ot wait forever to change out of them.

All the females take thier sweet time talking, rather than getting dressed and going, which is a pain since the ratio of men to women is like 75:25. Scratch that. more like 90:10.

And one more thing.... if this church is a a Baptist Spirituial church... then why in the worldam I to wear a yarmulke???

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

melikefood

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:50 pm

Jumping into conversation here...
I just kinda do Religion for the Christmas and for the other challenges like Lent and all that.
I just think of Religions as teachings for how to be a good person and not much else.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:51 pm

Betman
Actually, to my knowledge, an Agnostic person is someone who believes that there is SOMETHING out there, but doesn't know what. Or at least, that's what it is to me.

That's a Deist. I'm one of them.

Allegro

Owwin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:52 pm

I missed a theological debate. Damn.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:52 pm

TtheHero
The Awkwardest Turtle
TtheHero
The Awkwardest Turtle
Zephyrkitty
The Awkwardest Turtle
Oi.

Ah ok. Thanks.

Yeah, and you don't have to deal with wearing badly stitched robes, that are especially uncomfortable in the summertime.

I mean really! All around me, everyone else looks like either white or badly tie-dyed Cousin Its!

While saying that, I too am forced to wear one, not to mention having ot wait forever to change out of them.

All the females take thier sweet time talking, rather than getting dressed and going, which is a pain since the ratio of men to women is like 75:25. Scratch that. more like 90:10.

And one more thing.... if this church is a a Baptist Spirituial church... then why in the worldam I to wear a yarmulke???

My church is casual dress. >:3
jeans+hoodie=so much love.
I wear a choir robe over that during the service but STILL.

The Awkwardest Turtle

l-Kriel-l

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:53 pm

Allegro
Betman

That's a Deist. I'm one of them.

Wait, I was told something different.
But that's exactly what I am.
"God" could be anything. He could be the relentless a*****e that Christians know him as, or he could simply be the law of nature. We have no way of knowing.
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13395 13396 13397 13398 13399 13400 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games